Serafina at The Time Hotel
224 West 49th Street
The Time Hotel
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Serafina at The Time Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://timehotel.serafinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122471000x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available, please contact us for details.
A word from Serafina at The Time Hotel
Serafina takes a very honest approach to Northern Italian food with only the highest quality ingredients. Serafina's Fabulous Pizza delights diners with a simplicity of recipe execution combined with creative and original Italian dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Serafina at The Time Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (17)special occasion (15)late-night find (14)fit for foodies (14)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (9)romantic (6)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great findFashionistaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great Italian restaurant in the theatre district. Food is good so is service. Food is good and quick and close to a lot of theaters. Good every time if go there.Special Features:
- Good Place to Bring your GuestsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Good location for a pre-theater dinner, but a little costly for portion size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff Needs TrainingMagoosmealsVIPDined on 8/9/2014Host kept us waiting while he sent/read texts on his phone. No apologies when he finally acknowledged us. After seating us, waiters argued over who was responsible for covering our table. Finally someone came to take my drink order (glass of wine). We told another server (not the same as the one who took my drink order) that we were pre-theatre and would like to place our order. Deep sigh on server's part but took it down. Food came promptly but not my wine. Food was not very good -- ravoli covered in white sauce that was bitter and flour-saturated. Wine appeared eventually as did the bill with suggested gratuity of 18 or 20%. No effort to make evening enjoyable for us and we felt we were generally imposing the wait staff's time.
- GordsdiningnewsDined on 8/2/2014THE SERVICE WAS DECENT AND THE FOOD WAS FANTASTIC. GREAT RESTAURANT TO VISIT WITH FAMILY OR FRIENDS. WOULD BE GREAT FOR ANNIVERSARY OR BIRTHDAY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Broadway DinnerFoodieDined on 8/1/2014Had a great dinner before going to see a Broadway musical. Excellent location in that respect. Went on a Friday, and it got progressively more crowded, but never became too loud. It is fair priced for that area (you should expect to pay a little bit, but that is part of the allure of Broadway, right?) The pizzas were incredible. The staff were very attentive. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014good for pre theater dining, across from Ambassador Theater
- DecentjeanneDined on 7/30/2014Our waitress appeared to be serving a large area of the dining room, so we had to wait a while for our orders to be taken. She also offered bread "on the house" but forgot to bring it. Fortunately, our food arrived quickly. Bruschetta was quite tasty and gnocchi had a good texture, tender yet not too soft and did not stick to the teeth. Overall, the food was good, but not outstanding.
- Good for a pre-theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014I had dinner here before an early weeknight show and they were great at getting us out in time for our show around the corner. My dining companion was 25 minutes late, which was stressful for me, but they were able to accommodate us and still get us out on time. I think part of that was because we had an early reservation to make an early show, but still... The food was tasty, but not mind-blowing. Service was also good. All in all, it was a good experience.
- Always a great dinner!BeatNavyVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was maybe our 4th time to dine at one if the Serafinas, first time at the Time Hotel. We had a baby with us and the staff was very accomadating and friendly. Service (Pablo) was great and the food delicioso! We'll go back in a month :-) on our next visit to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Theatre DiningIamKristinDined on 7/9/2014Our group of 4 stopped in for a lite pre-theatre dinner @ 5pm on a Wednesday, the restaurant had plenty of available tables - we made a reservation but didn't need it. Food was fresh and delicious; service prompt and polite. Excellent all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Pre-Theater FindEpicureanCenturionDined on 6/27/2014All the right qualities for a solid pre-theater meal. Nice selection of satisfying dishes. Not too fancy, but still creatively prepared. Good place to chill before seeing a show. Wait staff and busboys were generally friendly and polite although our waiter seemed a bit preoccupied.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014There are few restaurants to choose from near the Neil Simon Theater and Serafina was a total disappointment. The restaurant looked tired, the service was fair and the food was drab. The uptown restaurant is much more vibrant.
- pre theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014Food and service outstanding..able to get us out and to the theater in time for curtainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & wine.broadwaybetty1Dined on 6/15/2014The jumbo shrimp ane risotto was delish!! Friendly staff and convenient location, close to Broadway in midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service; noisy roomJVPfromLADined on 6/14/2014Our waitress was excellent. We didn't want to be rushed, as we had time to kill before the theatre, so we placed our orders but didn't want the entree right away. She timed it perfectly. The vegetarian plate was delicious. The only downer was the very noisy atmosphere which made it hard to carry a conversation - an unfortunate trend in so many restaurants these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceGourmetVIPDined on 6/7/2014Our waiter was very helpful suggesting various items from the menu. He said "if you like caviar, you will love the pasta with caviar", so I took him at his word and placed my order. We did not see or hear from him again until the food had been delivered. My plate of pasta with a small scoop of caviar (hidden under a basel leaf) sat with no pasta spoon, cheese or red pepper. By the time we found someone to bring these items my food was cold. All this for $39.00!!!
- special lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2014three of us ordered three different salads for lunch and then shared them…they were excellent, fresh delicious. service was good. perfect spot in theatre district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Theatre District Eatery!LRivera782Dined on 6/2/2014Lovely restaurant and good spot for business lunches. Excellent food and service. We look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater district findlallvlaDined on 6/1/2014Great service very good food We were able to talk and haveca nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationWinterymixVIPDined on 5/29/2014Was looking for a nice restaurant pre theater closer to theater that was between 6th and 7th. Early curtain at 7. Dinner was delicious nice salad and great pasta . We didn't feel rushed but they moved understood we had a okay to catch. Would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not likeMambo1Dined on 5/28/2014Did not care for this over priced Restaraunt . The server was clueless the drinks and food were underwhelmingSpecial Features:
- Nice but too noisyRanita11Dined on 5/24/2014The food is amazing. Our waiter hardly came to see what we needed. We had to chase him all the time. The waiter helpers ( latins) were amazing very attentive though. I'm general a good experience, but way too noisy. Me and my group count talk. Would be good to improve on the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient for TheatrePamBruDined on 5/23/2014Dinner at the 49th Street location before an 8 p.m. curtain worked out perfectly. Highland recommend the lobster ravioli.
- disappointingelizDined on 5/18/2014i am a serafina fan so when planning a birthday celebration for a friend I decided this would be perfect location after seeing a play. we arrived a little before 6 and they had us out of there by 6:35 - we had drinks an appetizer and a main course - that is a ridiculous rush job and it was sunday and the restaurant was not that crowded. The bus boy paid more attention to us than the waitress ... Needless to say I will not be going back or recommending this location to others...Special Features:
- theaterbuffVIPDined on 5/18/2014The food and ambiance were good but the service was patchy. The waiter didn't know the answers to our questions and had to ask three different people for butter.Special Features:
- kinda disorganized...foodietalkDined on 5/17/2014Waiter asked for our order before giving us menus! Wine and apps arrived very promptly, but we ran out of time before we had to leave to catch a show. Restaurant mgmt was very good - gave us comp wine to compensate for the delay, but we still didn't get to eat our mains. This didn't seem to be normal - every table around us were served promptly. We will def be back - but when we have no restrictions on our time. Apps we did have? Excellent! Can't wait to return and have that full meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Work at Serafinakcole47Dined on 5/14/2014We had a great time celebrating a co-worker's birthday after work. Tuna tartare and lemon, shrimp and bowtie pasta dish were delicious. Service was also very attentive. They promptly served a late joiner and also provided a happy birthday dessert to our guest of honor. Fun, low key and delicious.Special Features:
- theatergoerVIPDined on 5/14/2014Good pre=matinee spot. Lovely salads, ambience and staff.Special Features:
- Great pre theater spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/13/2014Very good location, above average food, good service and low noise level will make this restaurant my go to for pre theater dinning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAdventurousDined on 5/10/2014Wish I had known that the food would be disappointing and over-priced. There are so many good restaurants in the theater district. This wasn't one of them.Special Features:
- BethDined on 5/8/2014My friends and I love the Serafina, delicious food, perfect service. Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for pre-theater mealAnonymousFromWSNCDined on 5/8/2014Serafina was absolutely wonderful for a pre-theater meal. We arrived 45 minutes before the start time of our show nearby. I thought our play started an hour later and the host immediately corrected me and then told me they could have us in and out in under 45 minutes, which was a near-miracle given how many diners the restaurant had. Notwithstanding my mix-up, we were able to have great food and get to the play on time. What a great experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serafina, delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014The restaurant was small, but quite and clean. They have a menu with many choices, each of them sounding delicious. I have a dairy allergy and they were very accommodating. The waitress was knowledgeable about all menu items and was attentive. Overall we had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014Yery conenient when staying at The Times Hotel and doing a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 474 reviews are from the Serafina at The Time Hotel reviews archive.
- DELICIOUS PASTA AT TIMES SQUAREMiriamRIODEJANEIRODined on 4/22/2014We have had the most delicious pasta we have ever eaten!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-theatre Dinner SpotDinegrattoDined on 4/17/2014Very good Italian food. Great service. Very conveniently located in the heart of New York's theater district, on 49th St. right across the street from the Ambassador Theatre. Highly recommended for dinner before the show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014The food wasn't bad, but certainly not worth what we paid. The pasta was good, but nothing I can't make at home. Our dessert was very good though. Our drinks, bread, and meal came all at the same time and then we waited forever to get our bill. Not bad, but I'm sure there's better.
- RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Nice and pleasant surprise, since it was my diret. Time at Serafina. I will definetely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS THE BESTpaulDined on 4/12/2014Have eaten here a few times and the food is consistently excellent as is the service. Unfortunately on a nice day when the front is open to the street it gets a little noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SadieDined on 4/12/2014Good food, we have been at another location of this restaurant, we have enjoyed the food bother times. However we were disappointed that they did not have corn cakes on the menu this time.Special Features: