2201 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sersteak.com/
- Phone: 2147617470x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00
Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
SER Bar opens at 4:00 pm daily.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Executive Chef: Anthony Van Camp
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Chef's Table seats 10-12 people; The Bear & Driver Boardroom seats 10-16 people.
- Private Party Contact: Catherine New 2147617277x
- Special Events: With the city’s skyline as the backdrop, the five private event rooms on the twenty-seventh floor of the Hilton Anatole’s Tower make a powerful statement. Dining in the Bear & Driver Boardroom affords extra touches of style and grace.
A word from SÉR Steak+Spirits
SÉR Steak+Spirits offers upscale steakhouse cuisine with a spectacular view of the Dallas skyline from the 27th floor. The restaurants open, airy layout is both casual and sophisticated. Warm cognac and whiskey leathers, locally sourced end-grain mesquite walls and community tables, rich mesquite floors and solid walnut table tops create a masculine, yet hip and urban feel. A chef's table and wine display are an intimate destination adjacent to the exhibition kitchen. With Anthony Van Camp as "top toque", SÉR Steak+Spirits offers prime cuts of the finest beef, the freshest of seafood, and unique appetizers and side dishes, along with a Best of Award of Excellence award winning wine program that clearly differentiate it as a new style Dallas steakhouse. SER's picturesque 27th floor perch atop the Hilton Anatole Hotel has become the destination of choice for special celebrations, social events, and business dinners...not to mention the favorite of locals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
SÉR Steak+Spirits - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
SÉR Steak+Spirits reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (64)special occasion (50)romantic (42)notable wine list (33)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (13)late-night find (9)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- mikemVIPDined on 8/25/2014generally pretty good but the waitor must have been bored as he spent way too much time with us.
- Great views, average foodMattchuDDined on 8/23/2014The views are truly what they market and probably why the prices are what they are. We found nothing remarkable about the food even with a strong cross section of the menu.Special Features:
- Worth it!!!TravelerDined on 8/22/2014We have stayed at The Anatole several times and always wanted to try Ser. This trip we made the time to do so and were not disappointed. Love the views of the city from the 27 floor! Our dinner was excellent. Our waiter, Richard, was attentive without being intrusive. Our steaks were perfectly cooked and the entire meal delightful. After we had eaten we adjourned to the bar area for after dinner drinks. We are partial to a good Brandy Alexander: made with ice cream, thick and luscious. We had to explain the drink to them and they had to send down for ice cream, but in time we got a very decent Brandy Alexander to cap off our night out. Ser is a delight. It is not cheap but definitely worth every penny you'll spend. Just do it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it...PatrickDined on 8/22/2014Excellent service all the way. Cool view of the city. Great ambiance. A very fun time, dinner for two. Food among the best you will find anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurantBabydoc10Dined on 8/21/2014Beautiful restaurant located inside the Anatole hotel. Sits on the 27 floor overlooking scenic dallas view. Service was great as was food and dessert. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding anniversary perfectoPlanoguyDined on 8/19/2014I wanted a special evening and it was top notch. The staff was courteous and attentive. Wine list was excellent and fairly priced. Food was the served with a dash do style and prepared perfectly. We went for the view of downtown and it was as great as expected. Superb evening and highly recommended to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014We have celebrated our anniv there for 20 yrs and Richard has taken care of us and we would not have it any other waySpecial Features:
- First visitMaryEDined on 8/16/2014We went to Ser for restaurant week and were very pleased with the experience. Great waiter and wait staff, good food and a wonderful view. Would return for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible FoodAprildinerDined on 8/15/2014My first two star rating in over 12 years with Open Table and I really haven't had food this bad in a long time. Appetizers looked and tasted like they were thrown together by someone who has never cooked before, the steak was so salty that we couldn't finish it and the chocolate mousse was even saltier than the meat (there was some kind of salty glaze over the mousse that destroyed the dessert). The service was ok, although our waiter dropped of the wine menu which came in the form of an iPad device without explaining how to use the device or without going over the wine list. All in all, the experience was quite bad. I don't recommend this restaurant, nor will I be coming back.
- RatschickDined on 8/14/2014Was disappointed with meal overall . Their choices for restaurant week were only fair . Four of our six people chose off the main menu . The food was ok but not outstanding as expected . The rolls were delicious and our waitress was very good . The view spectacular !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceldaschaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Went with friends, the view is spectacular, and the menu is interesting. Our steaks were cooked to order, and the salmon entrée, and first course of bisque and salad were also very good.Special Features:
- BobtDined on 8/13/2014The food was very good. The service was exceptional and the view is spectacular. An outstanding overall experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic dinner!LHADallasVIPDined on 8/12/2014Beautiful view of the Dallas skyline, delicious food and first-class service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TexasGurlDined on 8/11/2014Went to this restaurant for the first time during restaurant week. The portion sizes were very small and the food was just average. Was expecting more from a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014This is not a cheap restaurant, therefore you expect to receive great service and food. The food was good. Everybody on the table were satisfied and I can't mention one specific complain. The service was not good, even though our waitress was trying her best. I ordered a 2009 Domaine Roquette and they brought in a 2010 with no previous authoration because they ran out of 2009. That is not right and other things that won't have space to mention. I may not go back.Special Features:
- Okay for expense account dinnerCurmudgeonDined on 8/8/2014We found the overall experience underwhelming. There were some surprisingly good selections in the wine list. If I had a client staying at the Hilton, and we had time constraints SER would be acceptable. For personal dining? The overall quality of the experience did not match the $350 price of dinner for two.Special Features:
- Almost....JB777Dined on 8/5/2014First, the postitives: Ambience, decor and views are great. Chef has an interesting spin on many of his dishes. Unique blend of flavors and nice presentation. The sides (family style and plenty large portions) where EXCELLENT. One of the most interesting preparations of creamed corn I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. Chef blended popped carmel corn into the dish which gave it a great texture and a wonderful flavor and the Mac and Cheese was fabulous. My Waygu medallions were just okay. The cut was good but lacked any seasoning which just made it kind of bland. Negatives: The service was somewhat lacking. If they are going to charge top-shelf prices (bill for two was 268.00) the service should be incredible. Sadly, it was not.Special Features:
- Spectacular view - delicious steakpink1462Dined on 7/20/2014We had always loved Nana's for special occasions - so pleased Ser now fills that role. The steaks were tender and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at SERSteakhouseaddictVIPDined on 7/18/2014The 2010 Bordeaux was excellent. The NY strip was ok, as were the onion rings, cream corn, etc. I have been here twice and the only problem is that the food is not truly tasty (only adequate). My wedge salad was ok. I have been to all the major Dallas steakhouses over the past 12 years. SER is a superb concept place. Food needs to be a lot better, overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let down...TraeDined on 7/7/2014We came in for a birthday dinner as I thought it would be a great place to bring my wife. Our reservation was for 7:30 and we would've made it on-time if the parking would be more easily identified. There was only one valet working and he not seen until we found a pay lot further away from the entrance. Upon being informed the hostess quickly presented us with a validation for our parking and apologized. Our waiter was on the spot, pretty funny and made us feel welcome. The wine was quite nice and paired with our steaks. Our view towards downtown was stunning, the wait staff timely and informed but the food was terrible. Hard to overcome great views and service when the food is so bad and overpriced. Sorry. Won't be coming back.Special Features:
- excellentrobhDined on 7/4/2014Service was great but not stuffy. Dinner was great. The sides are really tasty. Try the creamed corn side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Train your peopleKirkVIPDined on 7/4/2014The staff here is terrible. If you are going to bring up the people from the Banquet Area then you need to train them. Marcus is the worst manager ever.Special Features:
- Food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014Very disappointed with quality of the in bone filet.Special Features:
- Wonderful night out!sleenerDined on 6/28/2014We loved our evening at Ser, and highly recommend it. Service was 5-star all the way, food was another 5 stars. Can't say enough about it! The only drawback was that the live music from the bar area got too rambunctious as the evening went on, and so did a couple of loud hee-hawing women at the bar, but the wait staff was apologetic....nothing they could do about it, in their defense. We dined later in the evening in order to enjoy the gorgeous night-time view, and unfortunately that coincided with the bar attendees cranking up their evening. Otherwise everything was absolutely wonderful. Kudos to the management and staff for total dedication to customers and excellent food!Special Features:
- FantasticHomerDined on 6/16/2014Fantastic Bar , Fantastic Service , Fantastic Atmosphere & View , Fantastic Steak , Our Waiter was very friendly and attentive as well. On my next visit to Dallas I'll be back. The Bar Maids Tabatha and Wilma gave me Fantastic service as well. , very attentive and also available to my needs my next drink, ice , etc...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Great ViewPebblePlaceDined on 6/13/2014Being on the 27nth floor, the tables have a great view of downtown Dallas, especially if looking south toward the downtown center. Service is very good. The server addresses you by name and is well versed in the menu. Staff is very polite. The live piano player was nice. I've been to Ser 3X in the last 6-months. The service and food has been very consistent. The lobster bisque is excellent. Their signature steak is spinalis; I prefer there 8 ounce filet. Steaks are thick and well cooked. Menu is more towards the steak side. Wife agreed that the food was much better than Wolfgang Pucks (Reunion Tower). Great ambience, great service and good food. Would definitely recommend Ser to my friends. Much rather go to Ser than Three Forks or Pucks.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Great views of downtown, nice atmosphere; ribeye was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceMM2008Dined on 6/7/2014Dined at SÉR for the first time on 6.8.2014. We were celebrating our one year anniversary, and wanted a great dinner to top off an already great day. From the moment we walked in, we were treated great. Our waitress, Kristine, was the perfect mix of attentive and friendly without hovering or being burdensome. She even was so kind as to bring us a complimentary champagne and dessert for our special evening. Everything that night was perfect, and I couldn't recommend SÉR enough to anyone looking for a truly great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price and foodDisappointedDined on 6/7/2014I normally do not comment publically about a meal that was unacceptable but during my birthday dinner to SER the service was very good unfortunately the food was not. The steak was dry and sides were bad. The desert was even worse. I expect at this price point the food should be outstanding. I will never recommend or go to SER again. The view would have been nice if they would not have sat us in front of a barrier. I expected more for my birthday. I am a Dallas native and have been to many fine dining restaurants in Dallas and this one should close it doors.Special Features:
- Great Steaks and LobsterCboxDined on 5/31/2014Nothing small about any of the cuts of meat here. All prepared to perfection. Even the salad dressing had a unique and delicious flavor. My wife ordered the half lobster appetizer. The menu did not mention that the lobster was deep fried. She might have chosen something else. But it was still delicious. After not being quite able to polish off an 18oz steak, desert really wasn't on our mind. We did look at the desert menu, and that's really the only disappointing thing about the restaurant. No slight to the chef, but nothing on the desert menu looked good, and as full as we were, we had no need to experiment. The view is fantastic, our service was excellent, and we would absolutely dine her again for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Not the best in town.FateDined on 5/31/2014SER was ok. You're paying for the convenience of being able to dine and stay at the Anatole if you had hotel reservations. The food was mediocre compared to other places of the same expectation. The menu is deceptive because one example was Wagyu beef isn't anywhere nearly comparable to real Japanese style of Wagyu. Might as well say pan-seared or something other than Wagyu because the waiter told us it was raised in America, but poor grade of tenderness...rather chewy. The noise was bad when you're on your anniversary and the help set anyone down next your table (including babies and obnoxious entitled ppl). And if you're looking for a good reason to pick SER, it is for the window view out of the 27th floor.Special Features:
- Good for the view and a decent mealGR8foodGR8wineVIPDined on 5/30/2014Great view, very good service. It's nice to have a good steakhouse with an epic view up high. The meal though doesn't quite stand up to the other great steakhouses of Dallas, and the wine list is limited compared to those as well. The service was gracious and very accommodating. And of course the atmosphere is incredible as you look over the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Great staff, ...Service attentive Steak a little over cooked but tasty Mushroom soup disappointing (thin and watery)Special Features:
- Gorgeous viewTheviewDined on 5/23/2014The view of Dallas was spectacular. The food was good but for the price you would think the portions would be bigger but overall our server was great and explained the menu well and the manager was also great. It was out anniversary and they recognized that be treating us with dessert on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant overal experiencejasper76Dined on 5/20/2014Very kind, friendly service. Entrée was bland and needed salt added. Waiter was very attentive and on the spot. Would visit againSpecial Features:
- Exceptional ambience and diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/18/2014All of the food and service were exceptional. We decided the steaks were the best in the Southwest and the mac n cheese is the best in the world. The food, decor, ambience, view and service can't be beat. Thank you for a memorable evening. Mary PossSpecial Features:
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/17/2014Everything from the service, to the atmosphere, to the exquisite food was perfect for our group of 18! We could not have asked for a more amazing evening. Highly recommend Ser for your special occasions!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business FunctionwilderpDined on 5/14/2014If you are on a business trip and working within a budget ($100/head) I would suggest that this may not be the location to eat. We were forced to limit our selections of food and drink which took away from what was suppose to be a relaxing evening. In the end the food was good and the service was as well.Special Features:
- Amazing view..!GoBlueDined on 5/12/2014We went to SER for our 24th wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful time, enjoying great food, a large wine selection, excellent service and an amazing view of Dallas skyline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Our food and courses were not right, food was cold as well. The manager made it right by payiing the bill.