2201 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sersteak.com/
- Phone: 2147617470x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00
Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
SER Bar opens at 4:00 pm daily.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Executive Chef: Anthony Van Camp
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Chef's Table seats 10-12 people; The Bear & Driver Boardroom seats 10-16 people.
- Private Party Contact: Catherine New 2147617277x
- Special Events: With the city’s skyline as the backdrop, the five private event rooms on the twenty-seventh floor of the Hilton Anatole’s Tower make a powerful statement. Dining in the Bear & Driver Boardroom affords extra touches of style and grace.
A word from SÉR Steak+Spirits
SÉR Steak+Spirits offers upscale steakhouse cuisine with a spectacular view of the Dallas skyline from the 27th floor. The restaurants open, airy layout is both casual and sophisticated. Warm cognac and whiskey leathers, locally sourced end-grain mesquite walls and community tables, rich mesquite floors and solid walnut table tops create a masculine, yet hip and urban feel. A chef's table and wine display are an intimate destination adjacent to the exhibition kitchen. With Anthony Van Camp as "top toque", SÉR Steak+Spirits offers prime cuts of the finest beef, the freshest of seafood, and unique appetizers and side dishes, along with a Best of Award of Excellence award winning wine program that clearly differentiate it as a new style Dallas steakhouse. SER's picturesque 27th floor perch atop the Hilton Anatole Hotel has become the destination of choice for special celebrations, social events, and business dinners...not to mention the favorite of locals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
SÉR Steak+Spirits - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
SÉR Steak+Spirits reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (61)special occasion (48)romantic (42)notable wine list (34)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- beautiful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014We came here for our wedding anniversary. Everything is beautiful, valet parking is great, the live music with piano is awesome, the view is nice, wine collection is impressive, the food and cocktails are awesome, the service is really good and friendly! Even the manager is nice! They are very courteous and understanding. They even tried to set up a small table near window with great view and gave us 2 free desserts. I brought a gift certificate which is our wedding gift which unluckily had issue with it. I was surprised when the staffs apologized for not being to run it through. It is supposed to be our fault :) I was very satisfied. Well spent money.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014It was a great evening for my wife's birthday. We also stayed at the hotel. The food was awesome and enjoyed the wine / cheese for the appetizer. The waitress was also very good. Enjoyed the piano music and scenery view of down town Dallas. Overall very good evening. Not sure it was worth $248 though, but the steak was one of the best I have ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCookieDined on 10/22/2014Our waiter was exceptional, knowledgeable about menu and wine selection. the food was superb. I'll definitely go back! ( Still dreaming of the 4 cheese Mac & Cheese)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedKitCatDined on 10/17/2014Nothing special. It is expensive. The food was average. The view was great. $28 bucks for kid's plate is over the top.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Spectacular views and excellent service from our waiter and helper. Food was good but for the price, should have been better. Noise level increased during the night making it less of a romantic or special occasion experience. The dress code was also not enforced which detracted from the ambiance. Other patrons did not seem to feel the SER fine dining experience was something to respect, nor did the other staff strive to enforce it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014Food was good, service very slow, restaurant is part of hotel that as a whole was poorly managed, the service at this restaurant was consistent with the over all poor management. Too bad as food was quite good when we finally got it.Special Features:
- BIG Rib with Mango sauceMmmmmVIPDined on 10/6/2014The big rib was excellent. Fall off the bone yummy as was the bread pudding. Excellent meal, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Very nice ambiance and the views are wonderful with the service to match. The steak is hit or miss. Sometimes it's good and other times not so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsspchivDined on 9/30/2014Love this place, beautiful view, great food, excellent wine list.Special Features:
- cdrose12Dined on 9/27/2014The food was wonderful and the view was even better. I have lived in Dallas 40 + years and the nighttime view of Dallas is awesome. Great place for out of towners to get a great view of the city and great food at the same time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak24dinnerDined on 9/26/2014This was our second time to Ser and it was even better this time! We asked to be seated away from the live music so we could hear each other. Much nicer! My husband said it was the BEST steak he had ever tasted. Excellent job from wait staff as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing all aroundMapesDined on 9/20/2014Great good, tremendous service, spectacular views, very romantic for an anniversary or birthday, and a very wide array of wine selections. It was definately ok the expensive side but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I could have gotten the same quality of food or even better for a much cheaper price at a different restaurant. I won't return. The ambiance was great with great service. Robert was awesome. He did a great jobSpecial Features:
- You won't be disappointed.WineAndDineDined on 9/12/2014The ambiance and view of Ser is breathtaking. We went on a Friday evening, and the staff did a great job of seating the guests in different areas of the restaurant to give each group privacy. We ordered the Filet Steak and Duck Breast with a side of asparagus and a full bodied Cabernet Sauvignon. The food was incredible. While The pricing makes this place "for special occasions", you're paying for an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible as alwaysLuv2spoilDined on 9/12/2014As always SER continues to impress. Visited for my niece Birthday and it was a great experience. Not only was the food great and FRANK was superb, the rest of the cast made her feel like the princess she is. They were great as always.Special Features:
- One of Dallas' BestFatBoy13Dined on 9/12/2014Celebrated our 28th anniversary while in town for a wedding. Dined at SER. Food was fantastic. I had the Wagyu Spinalis with side of Mac & Cheese and garlic mashed potatoes. Everything was terrific. Would dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!datenightDined on 9/11/2014Took my husband for his birthday. Great service at a table right by the floor to ceiling window view of downtown Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ser is great!JefffishDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I went to Ser Steak and Spirit to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. We were greeted with prompt, friendly service at the bar for a drink before dinner then was seated at a perfect, window-side table with a gorgeous view of downtown Dallas. Our food was perfect as well as the service. We were provided a complementary dessert for our anniversary and came away extremely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable signature steakMMPow91Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent experience, great food and atmosphere and views.Special Features:
- Dave Seibel's ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Everything was perfect for our anniversary celebration. The filet I had was possibly the best steak I've ever eaten in my 69 years! Only objections were the window table was a little chilly with the A/C blowing directly down on it, and the prices were high (the most I've ever spent on one meal... $$260.00). Overall, it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadiesDined on 8/29/2014The atmosphere and view are quite nice, and the steak eaters enjoyed their entree. However, the duck was not very good, and the macaroni side was not considered anything special, although it had been promoted by the waiter. Our waiter seemed more interested in his spiel than in listening to the questions or concerns of the table -- this resulted in a misunderstanding about the final tab.Special Features:
- mikemVIPDined on 8/25/2014generally pretty good but the waitor must have been bored as he spent way too much time with us.
- Great views, average foodMattchuDDined on 8/23/2014The views are truly what they market and probably why the prices are what they are. We found nothing remarkable about the food even with a strong cross section of the menu.Special Features:
- Worth it!!!TravelerDined on 8/22/2014We have stayed at The Anatole several times and always wanted to try Ser. This trip we made the time to do so and were not disappointed. Love the views of the city from the 27 floor! Our dinner was excellent. Our waiter, Richard, was attentive without being intrusive. Our steaks were perfectly cooked and the entire meal delightful. After we had eaten we adjourned to the bar area for after dinner drinks. We are partial to a good Brandy Alexander: made with ice cream, thick and luscious. We had to explain the drink to them and they had to send down for ice cream, but in time we got a very decent Brandy Alexander to cap off our night out. Ser is a delight. It is not cheap but definitely worth every penny you'll spend. Just do it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it...PatrickDined on 8/22/2014Excellent service all the way. Cool view of the city. Great ambiance. A very fun time, dinner for two. Food among the best you will find anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurantBabydoc10Dined on 8/21/2014Beautiful restaurant located inside the Anatole hotel. Sits on the 27 floor overlooking scenic dallas view. Service was great as was food and dessert. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding anniversary perfectoPlanoguyDined on 8/19/2014I wanted a special evening and it was top notch. The staff was courteous and attentive. Wine list was excellent and fairly priced. Food was the served with a dash do style and prepared perfectly. We went for the view of downtown and it was as great as expected. Superb evening and highly recommended to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014We have celebrated our anniv there for 20 yrs and Richard has taken care of us and we would not have it any other waySpecial Features:
- First visitMaryEDined on 8/16/2014We went to Ser for restaurant week and were very pleased with the experience. Great waiter and wait staff, good food and a wonderful view. Would return for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible FoodAprildinerDined on 8/15/2014My first two star rating in over 12 years with Open Table and I really haven't had food this bad in a long time. Appetizers looked and tasted like they were thrown together by someone who has never cooked before, the steak was so salty that we couldn't finish it and the chocolate mousse was even saltier than the meat (there was some kind of salty glaze over the mousse that destroyed the dessert). The service was ok, although our waiter dropped of the wine menu which came in the form of an iPad device without explaining how to use the device or without going over the wine list. All in all, the experience was quite bad. I don't recommend this restaurant, nor will I be coming back.
- RatschickDined on 8/14/2014Was disappointed with meal overall . Their choices for restaurant week were only fair . Four of our six people chose off the main menu . The food was ok but not outstanding as expected . The rolls were delicious and our waitress was very good . The view spectacular !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceldaschaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Went with friends, the view is spectacular, and the menu is interesting. Our steaks were cooked to order, and the salmon entrée, and first course of bisque and salad were also very good.Special Features:
- BobtDined on 8/13/2014The food was very good. The service was exceptional and the view is spectacular. An outstanding overall experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic dinner!LHADallasVIPDined on 8/12/2014Beautiful view of the Dallas skyline, delicious food and first-class service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TexasGurlDined on 8/11/2014Went to this restaurant for the first time during restaurant week. The portion sizes were very small and the food was just average. Was expecting more from a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2014This is not a cheap restaurant, therefore you expect to receive great service and food. The food was good. Everybody on the table were satisfied and I can't mention one specific complain. The service was not good, even though our waitress was trying her best. I ordered a 2009 Domaine Roquette and they brought in a 2010 with no previous authoration because they ran out of 2009. That is not right and other things that won't have space to mention. I may not go back.Special Features:
- Okay for expense account dinnerCurmudgeonDined on 8/8/2014We found the overall experience underwhelming. There were some surprisingly good selections in the wine list. If I had a client staying at the Hilton, and we had time constraints SER would be acceptable. For personal dining? The overall quality of the experience did not match the $350 price of dinner for two.Special Features:
- Almost....JB777Dined on 8/5/2014First, the postitives: Ambience, decor and views are great. Chef has an interesting spin on many of his dishes. Unique blend of flavors and nice presentation. The sides (family style and plenty large portions) where EXCELLENT. One of the most interesting preparations of creamed corn I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. Chef blended popped carmel corn into the dish which gave it a great texture and a wonderful flavor and the Mac and Cheese was fabulous. My Waygu medallions were just okay. The cut was good but lacked any seasoning which just made it kind of bland. Negatives: The service was somewhat lacking. If they are going to charge top-shelf prices (bill for two was 268.00) the service should be incredible. Sadly, it was not.Special Features:
- Spectacular view - delicious steakpink1462Dined on 7/20/2014We had always loved Nana's for special occasions - so pleased Ser now fills that role. The steaks were tender and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at SERSteakhouseaddictVIPDined on 7/18/2014The 2010 Bordeaux was excellent. The NY strip was ok, as were the onion rings, cream corn, etc. I have been here twice and the only problem is that the food is not truly tasty (only adequate). My wedge salad was ok. I have been to all the major Dallas steakhouses over the past 12 years. SER is a superb concept place. Food needs to be a lot better, overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.