2201 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sersteak.com/
- Phone: (214) 761-7470
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
SER Bar opens at 4:00 pm daily.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Executive Chef: Anthony Van Camp
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer accommodations to groups of all sizes. With 4 Private Dining Rooms, our Executive Boardroom, the "Bear and Driver", and customized menu offerings, we'll ensure your group is taken care of!
- Private Party Facilities: The Chef's Table seats 10-12 people; The Bear & Driver Boardroom seats 10-16 people.
- Private Party Contact: Catherine New 2147617277x
- Entertainment: WT Greer - Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings
- Special Events: With the city’s skyline as the backdrop, the five private event rooms on the twenty-seventh floor of the Hilton Anatole’s Tower make a powerful statement. Dining in the Bear & Driver Boardroom affords extra touches of style and grace.
A word from SÉR Steak+Spirits
SĒR Steak+Spirits offers upscale steakhouse cuisine with a spectacular view of the Dallas skyline from the 27th floor. The restaurants open, airy layout is both casual and sophisticated. Warm cognac and whiskey leathers, locally sourced end-grain mesquite walls and community tables, rich mesquite floors and solid walnut table tops create a masculine, yet hip and urban feel. A chef's table and wine display are an intimate destination adjacent to the exhibition kitchen. With Anthony Van Camp as "top toque", SÉR Steak+Spirits offers prime cuts of the finest beef, the freshest of seafood, and unique appetizers and side dishes, along with a Best of Award of Excellence award winning wine program that clearly differentiate it as a new style Dallas steakhouse. SER's picturesque 27th floor perch atop the Hilton Anatole Hotel has become the destination of choice for special celebrations, social events, and business dinners...not to mention the favorite of locals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
SÉR Steak+Spirits - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
SÉR Steak+Spirits reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (73)romantic (57)special occasion (57)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/25/2014We stay at the Anatole when we are in Dallas, 3 or 4 times a year. Love the location of Ser because we don't have to leave the hotel. Our dinner there in October was fabulous but this time was not. Waiter was alternately overly attentive, then ignored us. Salad was way to anchovie-tasting, even if you like anchovy. Steaks were fair, chicken was good.Special Features:
- Anniversary DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We went on a progressive dinner for our anniversary with the last dessert stop at Ser. We had the bread pudding which was delicious along with some port and ice wine. The view was perfectly romantic along with a wonderful performer playing the piano and singing great songs in the bar area. The best part about the experience for us was Jorge .. he was not our server but what I believe would be considered a buser. He was wonderful. Such passion for the food at Ser and it was very apparent he wanted us to have a wonderful experience. Thank you Ser and Jorge for making it special for us, we will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highly recommendphivu88Dined on 11/19/2014overall a great restaurant. food was excellent except for the size portion but well worth the money. Excellent friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMA1 - Dallas fine restaurant......AMA1Dined on 11/8/2014The restaurant ambience and food was excellent! The view was very memorable and recommended for group dinners.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Great place for cozy evening. Romantic and great food! Celebrated 30years of wedded bliss! Would do it again!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/2014I hadn't been to this restaurant since it was the Nana Grill. Nana was exceptional -- Ser is mediocre. The view is still one of the best in the Metroplex but the food was disappointing. My Wagyu steak was ordered medium, but arrived well done. Sent it back and #2 came medium well. It was edible and tasted fine, but I expected more for the $48 price tag. The accompanying brussels sprouts and chanterelles were good but oversalted. The molten chocolate cake was very good and my husband loved his bone-in ribeye which WAS cooked as ordered. When the bill came we were charged for both of my steaks - I'm sure as a result of the first being sent back. Our server apologized and quickly removed it from the bill.Special Features:
- OkaymikeDined on 11/7/2014Amazing view and great location if you are staying at the Hilton, but food is not really worth raving about especially considering the prices.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceWendyDined on 11/6/2014The seared duck, creamed spinach, and hen of the woods were outstanding. The creamed corn was mind blowingly amazing. Great service by a very nice gal. And live music by a talented singer to boot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hotel steakhousehockiemackVIPDined on 11/6/2014Staying at the Hilton Anatole for a conference and decided to try this place for steak. The restaurant is on the top floor of the Tower building and gave me a déjà vu moment because it strongly resembles Top of the Hub in Boston. The view of Dallas is awesome! The wine list is very good and appropriately priced given the higher end nature of the restaurant. I had the filet medium rare. I thought it was delicious, cooked to perfection, and wonderfully seasoned. We did not have appetizers or dessert. There was live music, which I feel could get pretty loud if you sat closer to the performer. Otherwise the music did not interfere with conversation. Service is fantastic, as expected at a place like this. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Great Steak...Weak ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Great room. Great view (request a window table - but take a sweater. The AC vents will be right above you). The steaks (a New York and a Spinalis) were very, very good. Perfectly cooked and seasoned nicely. After reading about the exceptional serivce via other reviews I was very excited about going here. Unfortunately our server would have been suited in a casual or fast casual setting. Nothing like what I would expect for a well dressed, quite couple celebrating an anniversary and spending well over $300. That said, the young lady at the door was a delight and made us feel very special and the service in the bar prior to dinner was very good. This is a tough recommendation because based on our experience, SER is a roll of the dice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VerandahVicDined on 11/1/2014Ribeye steak had a unique flavoring different from the ribeyes at the top-end steakhouses in town! Crab cake is defintely top shelf. W.T. Greer at the piano adds to the experience! I already talked to my wife about going back for Christmas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful placeTrevorNDined on 10/25/2014We came here for our wedding anniversary. Everything is beautiful, valet parking is great, the live music with piano is awesome, the view is nice, wine collection is impressive, the food and cocktails are awesome, the service is really good and friendly! Even the manager is nice! They are very courteous and understanding. They even tried to set up a small table near window with great view and gave us 2 free desserts. I brought a gift certificate which is our wedding gift which unluckily had issue with it. I was surprised when the staffs apologized for not being to run it through. It is supposed to be our fault :) I was very satisfied. Well spent money.Special Features:
- JohnDined on 10/24/2014It was a great evening for my wife's birthday. We also stayed at the hotel. The food was awesome and enjoyed the wine / cheese for the appetizer. The waitress was also very good. Enjoyed the piano music and scenery view of down town Dallas. Overall very good evening. Not sure it was worth $248 though, but the steak was one of the best I have ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCookieDined on 10/22/2014Our waiter was exceptional, knowledgeable about menu and wine selection. the food was superb. I'll definitely go back! ( Still dreaming of the 4 cheese Mac & Cheese)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedKitCatDined on 10/17/2014Nothing special. It is expensive. The food was average. The view was great. $28 bucks for kid's plate is over the top.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Spectacular views and excellent service from our waiter and helper. Food was good but for the price, should have been better. Noise level increased during the night making it less of a romantic or special occasion experience. The dress code was also not enforced which detracted from the ambiance. Other patrons did not seem to feel the SER fine dining experience was something to respect, nor did the other staff strive to enforce it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014Food was good, service very slow, restaurant is part of hotel that as a whole was poorly managed, the service at this restaurant was consistent with the over all poor management. Too bad as food was quite good when we finally got it.Special Features:
- BIG Rib with Mango sauceMmmmmVIPDined on 10/6/2014The big rib was excellent. Fall off the bone yummy as was the bread pudding. Excellent meal, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Very nice ambiance and the views are wonderful with the service to match. The steak is hit or miss. Sometimes it's good and other times not so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsspchivDined on 9/30/2014Love this place, beautiful view, great food, excellent wine list.Special Features:
- cdrose12Dined on 9/27/2014The food was wonderful and the view was even better. I have lived in Dallas 40 + years and the nighttime view of Dallas is awesome. Great place for out of towners to get a great view of the city and great food at the same time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak24dinnerDined on 9/26/2014This was our second time to Ser and it was even better this time! We asked to be seated away from the live music so we could hear each other. Much nicer! My husband said it was the BEST steak he had ever tasted. Excellent job from wait staff as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing all aroundMapesDined on 9/20/2014Great good, tremendous service, spectacular views, very romantic for an anniversary or birthday, and a very wide array of wine selections. It was definately ok the expensive side but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I could have gotten the same quality of food or even better for a much cheaper price at a different restaurant. I won't return. The ambiance was great with great service. Robert was awesome. He did a great jobSpecial Features:
- You won't be disappointed.WineAndDineDined on 9/12/2014The ambiance and view of Ser is breathtaking. We went on a Friday evening, and the staff did a great job of seating the guests in different areas of the restaurant to give each group privacy. We ordered the Filet Steak and Duck Breast with a side of asparagus and a full bodied Cabernet Sauvignon. The food was incredible. While The pricing makes this place "for special occasions", you're paying for an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible as alwaysLuv2spoilDined on 9/12/2014As always SER continues to impress. Visited for my niece Birthday and it was a great experience. Not only was the food great and FRANK was superb, the rest of the cast made her feel like the princess she is. They were great as always.Special Features:
- One of Dallas' BestFatBoy13Dined on 9/12/2014Celebrated our 28th anniversary while in town for a wedding. Dined at SER. Food was fantastic. I had the Wagyu Spinalis with side of Mac & Cheese and garlic mashed potatoes. Everything was terrific. Would dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!datenightDined on 9/11/2014Took my husband for his birthday. Great service at a table right by the floor to ceiling window view of downtown Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ser is great!JefffishDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I went to Ser Steak and Spirit to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. We were greeted with prompt, friendly service at the bar for a drink before dinner then was seated at a perfect, window-side table with a gorgeous view of downtown Dallas. Our food was perfect as well as the service. We were provided a complementary dessert for our anniversary and came away extremely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable signature steakMMPow91Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent experience, great food and atmosphere and views.Special Features:
- Dave Seibel's ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Everything was perfect for our anniversary celebration. The filet I had was possibly the best steak I've ever eaten in my 69 years! Only objections were the window table was a little chilly with the A/C blowing directly down on it, and the prices were high (the most I've ever spent on one meal... $$260.00). Overall, it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadiesDined on 8/29/2014The atmosphere and view are quite nice, and the steak eaters enjoyed their entree. However, the duck was not very good, and the macaroni side was not considered anything special, although it had been promoted by the waiter. Our waiter seemed more interested in his spiel than in listening to the questions or concerns of the table -- this resulted in a misunderstanding about the final tab.Special Features:
- mikemVIPDined on 8/25/2014generally pretty good but the waitor must have been bored as he spent way too much time with us.
- Great views, average foodMattchuDDined on 8/23/2014The views are truly what they market and probably why the prices are what they are. We found nothing remarkable about the food even with a strong cross section of the menu.Special Features:
- Worth it!!!TravelerDined on 8/22/2014We have stayed at The Anatole several times and always wanted to try Ser. This trip we made the time to do so and were not disappointed. Love the views of the city from the 27 floor! Our dinner was excellent. Our waiter, Richard, was attentive without being intrusive. Our steaks were perfectly cooked and the entire meal delightful. After we had eaten we adjourned to the bar area for after dinner drinks. We are partial to a good Brandy Alexander: made with ice cream, thick and luscious. We had to explain the drink to them and they had to send down for ice cream, but in time we got a very decent Brandy Alexander to cap off our night out. Ser is a delight. It is not cheap but definitely worth every penny you'll spend. Just do it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it...PatrickDined on 8/22/2014Excellent service all the way. Cool view of the city. Great ambiance. A very fun time, dinner for two. Food among the best you will find anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurantBabydoc10VIPDined on 8/21/2014Beautiful restaurant located inside the Anatole hotel. Sits on the 27 floor overlooking scenic dallas view. Service was great as was food and dessert. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding anniversary perfectoPlanoguyDined on 8/19/2014I wanted a special evening and it was top notch. The staff was courteous and attentive. Wine list was excellent and fairly priced. Food was the served with a dash do style and prepared perfectly. We went for the view of downtown and it was as great as expected. Superb evening and highly recommended to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014We have celebrated our anniv there for 20 yrs and Richard has taken care of us and we would not have it any other waySpecial Features:
- First visitMaryEDined on 8/16/2014We went to Ser for restaurant week and were very pleased with the experience. Great waiter and wait staff, good food and a wonderful view. Would return for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.