3000 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sequoiadc.com/
- Phone: 2029444200
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:45pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Fanor Balderrama
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For over twenty years, Sequoia has been a landmark for fine dining by the Potomac. The floor-to-ceiling windows provide a majestic view of the nearby Kennedy Center, the historic Watergate Hotel and Potomac River. Our three-tier outdoor terrace situated along the Potomac offers a dynamic atmosphere featuring a mesquite wood-fired grill, sensational drinks, and our renowned River Bar. Our eminent chefs create culinary triumphs everyday to ensure your dining experience is unforgettable. *State Room: 100-120 *Main Dining Room: 300-500 *Mezzanine: 50-150 *Patio: 600pl Menu available upon request.
- Cross Street: 30th
- Public Transit: Ten minute walk from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station (Orange/Blue lines)
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Located directly underneath the restaurant, the Colonial parking lot is located at the corner of 30th and K streets. Enter the garage and follow the signs for level P2. Once on the P2 level follow the signs to Sequoia. The elevator has direct access into the restaurant.
A word from Sequoia
The jewel of the Washington Harbour, Sequoia remains a landmark of fine dining by the Potomac. Our culinary team creates innovative, modern American fare. Coupled with panoramic views of the Kennedy Center, the Watergate, Memorial and Key Bridges and the flotilla of boats passing by, Sequoia creates an unforgettable dining experience. Please note all reservations are for inside only. Dining on the patio is seated on a first come first serve basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Sequoia - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Sequoia reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (213)great for outdoor dining (181)special occasion (128)good for groups (108)romantic (92)great for brunch (89)fit for foodies (50)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (38)great for lunch (38)neighborhood gem (33)kid-friendly (24)notable wine list (21)late-night find (16)Show More
- Strictly for TouristsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014Over-priced and underwhelming food with a great view of the Potomac, Kennedy Center, T.Roosevelt Island and Key Bridge. Has potential, but $17 for an overcooked burger? Strictly for tourists. Locals know where else to dine. Sort of a disorganized, confusing menu, too.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedWillieVIPDined on 10/16/2014First time here. Entrees were nothing special - mashed potatoes were cold and very stiff. One diner had a steak which wasn't very well cooked. Desserts were excellent - best part of the meal. Service was unattentive. Started with one server and got passed off to a different one mid-meal. Original server came back to present us the check and seemed to be rushing to get us out even though it wasn't close to closing time. Might go back to give them a second chance - not sure.
- bad cost benefitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014you probably pay for the view. the food is below average (burger was horrible at $17) and pricey. paying a lot to drink in plastic cups!!!!!Special Features:
- Nice spot in GeorgetownPaulDined on 10/12/2014A nice restaurant that I appreciate. Food and drink and service is always good. Me and my buddies enjoyed it.Special Features:
- FINALLYRANDYDined on 10/12/2014Finally, they replaced ugly wooden chairs (many broken arms) that took away from the beautiful ambiance of the restaurant with beautiful multicolored chairs more consistent with the overall restaurant.Special Features:
- BubblesDined on 10/12/2014Great festive atmosphere, wonderful location, and lots of happy customers. The perfect place to enjoy a leisurely weekend brunch with very good and plenty food, friendly staff and champagne cocktails. Afterward, wander around the Georgetown neighborhood and take advantage of the interesting shops. Sequoia is the perfect place to start the perfect Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014I would rate this a million stars if I could. Amazing food with even amazing decor and the view is to die for. Go here for brunch and never be the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, ok food and service...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014My husband and I went to Sequoia on a Friday night for dinner. The location is a bit tricky to find during rush hour since some lanes throughout DC are blocked off to help with the flow of traffic out of DC. On top of that, there was no clear parking and no valet, so it took us a little time to find a close parking garage. Once inside we had a great view of the river. The service was a bit slacking at times. We had asked for additional items or refills and it seemed to take a while to receive those items. The food was ok. I had the scallops and potatoes, and the scallops were not evenly cooked, but the flavor was good. My husband had the red snapper and it was very boney. Overall, the prices were high for what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dinner before TheaterUMfoodiesDined on 10/10/2014We had excellent service and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, terrible foodAnonymousDined on 10/5/2014The outside seating view is to die for. The food is terrible. Go for the scenery and unlimited drinks included in the brunch price.Special Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014My girlfriend and I celebrated our 6th anniversary at Sequoia. We dressed for the occasion of fine dining and we weren't disappointed with the establishment, food, or service. Sequoia was amazing. The service was kind and polite and offered their specials and opinions on favorites. The food was flavorful. It may not look like much but it was really good. Simplicity is full of wonders.Special Features:
- This Place Is Pretty GoodLauraDined on 10/3/2014This is a great place to sit outside by the Potomac River. Huge outdoor area. The inside is huge too. Very swanky atmosphere. Loved it. Food is good/average, but expensive. I would recommend this place to out-of-towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What do you still have?JiminDCDined on 9/28/2014I understand when a restaurant runs out of a main entree. Of course I would understand it more if it was a special of the day - or the restaurant was packed. Neither of these were true. But was more obnoxious was that not once; but twice - the waitress (who was amazing and wonderful); had to come back and say "I'm sorry we are out". Then I asked about a 3rd entree; and the manager said "you are in luck; we have 1 left". REALLY? I feel sorry for the next guy who may have to go his 4th choice. Silly; especially when the place was so slow.Special Features:
- Horrible hostess service.serviceDined on 9/28/2014We arrived a bit earlier than our scheduled reservation, the hostess told us that there was a table, we requested to see if we could sit next to the veranda with view towards the river. She said there was a table but she could not guarantee a view of the river. She told us "I cannot guarantee a table with river view but there is a Table and their is a couple behind you that needs a table" we just left and went to Fiola Maureen, they had a table with river view and we didn't even have a reservation. We thought the hostess was rude and very inexperienced.She could of just stated let me see what can I do.Special Features:
- Nice Place, food was just okJPK1Dined on 9/27/2014We made a reservation for our In-laws 70th birthday celebration. Upon arrival, the staff was super helpful is accommodating our needs-- choice of inside or outside seating. The ambiance is great, view is amazing, service was excellent, but thew food was just ok. The main courses are too expensive and everything is a-la-carte. If the food was excellent, i don't have a problem with shelling out $50-$70 per person. Beers in a plastic cup is not acceptable, but our waiter made a special arrangement for chilled glasses. He was very good, polite and helpful. Seems to be much more of a boaters bar hangout than a dinning experience.Special Features:
- Sequoia Diner ExpienceSeqdineDined on 9/26/2014My dining experience was horrible. Our waiter was inattentive and slow. The meals were were devoid of taste and one meal was delivered to the table cold. Not worth the money at all! This experience was truly a waste of time and money.
- Excellent findOurFamilyDined on 9/22/2014This Georgetown restaurant is amazing. I can not say enough about the total experience. This gem of a place sits on the Potomac and provides a wonderful view from both inside and out. Will definitely return on my next trip into the area. A must go to place!!!Kudos to Apryl for her excellent service!!Special Features:
- A little under parDES11VIPDined on 9/21/2014Our experience has been better before, but the late night rain shower didn't help. Food was good for a Sunday night but not overwhelming. Hopefully better next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to brunch place!ourfavDined on 9/21/2014Sequioa is our favorite brunch place! Lots of great to food on the buffet every time to include a raw bar and who doesn't love bottomless mimosa's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!CarolVIPDined on 9/21/2014Sunday brunch was one of the best I have ever had. Service was excellent and setting was beautiful.Special Features:
- Top-NotchFitFatboyDined on 9/20/2014Made an 11:30 reservation for Saturday Brunch. Service was good, food was excellent: my fiancé ordered the Saisage gravy w/ biscuits and I had (can't remember the exact name) but the "breakfast platter"...consisted of: eggs, pancakes, and sausage. The view of the Potomac is AMAZING. You're setup next to the dock where you can see boats, many people canoeing, and a couple bridges as well...overall seeing life move on. Will be making another visit very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't go again!Foodie1Dined on 9/19/2014Really poor food and very small portions for expensive prices. People are allowed to smoke outside right next to you while you are eating. Some waiters were really not attentive and rather unfriendly.
- too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014ridiculous to pay $50 for a brunch you didn't want!Special Features:
- Spectacular BrunchJJPhillyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Visited the outside bar Friday evening and returned Sunday for brunch. This restaurant offers everything for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I have been to Sequoia twice, both for special occasions, and they have both turned out great! Great food and great service. Some things seemed a bit overpriced, but i think that's just due to location. I would recommend to a friend and I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was above-average. Wine list was overpriced. Service was ok.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014I'd been to Sequoia several times, and the place has yet to disappoint. The menu has recently been updated, and food has definitely improved. We opted to sit inside as it was a bit muggy for us, but the patio offers a beautiful outdoor dining space. Our server, Ryan, was great, personable, and gave us awesome recommendations. He didn't lead us wrong, we started with the mussels and cheese plate for the table, which was a hit. I chose the scallops drizzled with lobster broth, which were delicious. My two friends opted for the whole Red Snapper, which I tried as well, and they were amazing. Though they were quite large, I don't believe anything was left on their plates. Overall, a great experience and looking forward to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over-hypedshamobaldiDined on 9/9/2014Sequoia has everything going for it. perfect location, great menu, outdoor terrace on the river side. It's a shame it relies on this and doesn't concentrate on improving service. Promoted as a romantic venue it was anything but, large tables of loud people smoking don't help the atmosphere. Service was rushed and impersonal, no time taken. Food was on cold plates meaning it cooled very quickly. I'm sure they rely on a turn through of customers but at the prices they charge, a little more care is expected.Special Features:
- Great ExperieinceRefreshingVIPDined on 9/7/2014Sitting outside at Sequoia for brunch on beautiful day is a great experience. Along with a wonderful buffet with everything you could ask for, everyone should go. The waiter was a little slow, but it didn't damper the mood.Special Features:
- ddlunchDined on 9/7/2014The experience was above our expectations! Great view of the waterfront.Special Features:
- Great Usually..Highly RecommendedCookingMABVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was very good. the service - good to very good. Waiter forgot app order, it was served with dinner. Noise - party had a band, only blocked by curtains. Somewhat pricey a meal of salad with shrimp, only 3 moderate sized shrimp, should have been 5 of these size for price. MAIN ISSUE: There was a wedding party taking up the main, front room -very disappointing. Especially since that in my note to them, I had told them I wanted to have a view to impress, a view of the harbor for my out of town guests. Had they contacted me beforehand and told me that they were having a wedding, I may still have gone, but would have known in advance what to expect. What is the point of sending a note to the restaurant if no one reads it?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 🚣Nice view but a terrible meal!🍗Live2eatVIPDined on 9/1/2014We have tried all the waterfront restaurants in Georgetown so we thought we would give Sequoia a try. The waiter must of had his own agenda and didn't want to be working on the holiday weekend. We ordered the sausage appetizer which was not properly described. It took 20 minutes to arrive and our waiter was nowhere to be seen. Barely half way through it, our entrees arrived without any apologizes. Roasted chicken was dry, the mash potatoes were flavorless and my wife's entree was cold. We will never be back. The restaurant was empty so the noise level is not realisticSpecial Features:
- Brunch at SequoiaGMnMDDined on 8/31/2014My brunch experience at Sequoia's was outstanding. The food was great, with lots of assorted choices; the seating overlooking the Potomac River was great, service was wonderful and the patrons very lively. It is a great place for brunch. I will visit again often.Special Features:
- Perfect food and amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Everything was cooked to perfection. As a celiac I had no trouble ordering, almost everything on their menu is or can be made gluten free. We dined on sea food, nothing was overcooked and the flavors were bold without being overpowering. Service was very attentive while not interrupting. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Beware smoking allowed on patioTammyWVIPDined on 8/26/2014I had never eaten at Sequoia before, but was excited to eat on the patio on an absolutely glorious evening in August in DC! We had out of town guests and this seemed like a really snazzy way to show off our city. Everything was great until the table behind us started smoking cigarettes. When I asked to talk with the manager - the manager explained that all of their customers know that smoking is allowed on the patio-REALLY I wasn't told nor was the table next to us told. Look if you are going to allow smoking on the patio then give patrons an option of smoking or non smoking areas. I don't care if you have smokers on the patio, but I don't want to sit next to them.
- My 20th AnneversaryEvergreen71Dined on 8/25/2014It was spectacular and so romantic we enjoyed so much and can not wait to come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sequoia was amazingnewtoDcDined on 8/24/2014I had mentioned when I made a reservation online that it was an anniversary and I wanted a nice table if that was possible. They gave us one of the best if not the best table outside and the waiters congratulated us and they even brought out two mini bottles of champagne for us to celebrate on the house. The appetizers were great and the soft shell crab sandwich was everything I wanted and more. The view, ambiance, and the fact that the weather was amazing made this a special night for us. I definitely will be going to sequoia again. I highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Amazing Views. Great Food & ServiceJimDeeVIPDined on 8/24/2014The Outside Host on Sun 8/24 was perfect re our reservation n table with a view. Our server Gustavo was gracious, helpful re drink n food choices & fun. Try the Gazpacho, Mussels or Calamari. Enjoy the View.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pearl in GeorgetownfoodpassionDined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend & I spent a lovely weekend in D.C. and were encouraged by our NY friends to dine in Georgetown. While at our hotel bar, we had the pleasure of interracting with a regular patron. At the high recommendation of this D.C. native, we booked brunch for the next day at Sequoia. It certainly lived up to the bill. The sun shine, breeze off the water, live jazz music playing in the background, smiles of fellow diners and the inviting staff made for an exceptional experience, creating a warm ambiance. The food was amazing and the variety impressive from an Eggs Benedict station to a taco station. There were oysters, ceviche, a delicious lamb stew, sides galore, gravlax & bagels, crisp bacon, waffles and endless desserts. Perfect! ♡Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceTsizVIPDined on 8/23/2014My food was fine, the others at the table loved theirs. The desert was SO good. I was recognized for being an open table VIP which was amazing (free desert). Thank you!! The only downside was our waiter took FOREVER to do anything for us. We had a group of 9 and spent 3.5 hours there! Unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.