3000 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sequoiadc.com/
- Phone: 2029444200
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:45pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Fanor Balderrama
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For over twenty years, Sequoia has been a landmark for fine dining by the Potomac. The floor-to-ceiling windows provide a majestic view of the nearby Kennedy Center, the historic Watergate Hotel and Potomac River. Our three-tier outdoor terrace situated along the Potomac offers a dynamic atmosphere featuring a mesquite wood-fired grill, sensational drinks, and our renowned River Bar. Our eminent chefs create culinary triumphs everyday to ensure your dining experience is unforgettable. *State Room: 100-120 *Main Dining Room: 300-500 *Mezzanine: 50-150 *Patio: 600pl Menu available upon request.
- Cross Street: 30th
- Public Transit: Ten minute walk from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station (Orange/Blue lines)
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Located directly underneath the restaurant, the Colonial parking lot is located at the corner of 30th and K streets. Enter the garage and follow the signs for level P2. Once on the P2 level follow the signs to Sequoia. The elevator has direct access into the restaurant.
A word from Sequoia
The jewel of the Washington Harbour, Sequoia remains a landmark of fine dining by the Potomac. Our culinary team creates innovative, modern American fare. Coupled with panoramic views of the Kennedy Center, the Watergate, Memorial and Key Bridges and the flotilla of boats passing by, Sequoia creates an unforgettable dining experience. Please note all reservations are for inside only. Dining on the patio is seated on a first come first serve basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Sequoia - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Sequoia reviews from OpenTable diners
318 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (245)great for outdoor dining (212)special occasion (144)good for groups (111)romantic (105)great for brunch (95)hot spot (57)vibrant bar scene (52)fit for foodies (51)great for lunch (48)neighborhood gem (41)kid-friendly (29)notable wine list (17)late-night find (17)Show More
- too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014ridiculous to pay $50 for a brunch you didn't want!Special Features:
- Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I have been to Sequoia twice, both for special occasions, and they have both turned out great! Great food and great service. Some things seemed a bit overpriced, but i think that's just due to location. I would recommend to a friend and I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was above-average. Wine list was overpriced. Service was ok.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014I'd been to Sequoia several times, and the place has yet to disappoint. The menu has recently been updated, and food has definitely improved. We opted to sit inside as it was a bit muggy for us, but the patio offers a beautiful outdoor dining space. Our server, Ryan, was great, personable, and gave us awesome recommendations. He didn't lead us wrong, we started with the mussels and cheese plate for the table, which was a hit. I chose the scallops drizzled with lobster broth, which were delicious. My two friends opted for the whole Red Snapper, which I tried as well, and they were amazing. Though they were quite large, I don't believe anything was left on their plates. Overall, a great experience and looking forward to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over-hypedshamobaldiDined on 9/9/2014Sequoia has everything going for it. perfect location, great menu, outdoor terrace on the river side. It's a shame it relies on this and doesn't concentrate on improving service. Promoted as a romantic venue it was anything but, large tables of loud people smoking don't help the atmosphere. Service was rushed and impersonal, no time taken. Food was on cold plates meaning it cooled very quickly. I'm sure they rely on a turn through of customers but at the prices they charge, a little more care is expected.Special Features:
- Great ExperieinceRefreshingVIPDined on 9/7/2014Sitting outside at Sequoia for brunch on beautiful day is a great experience. Along with a wonderful buffet with everything you could ask for, everyone should go. The waiter was a little slow, but it didn't damper the mood.Special Features:
- ddlunchDined on 9/7/2014The experience was above our expectations! Great view of the waterfront.Special Features:
- Great Usually..Highly RecommendedCookingMABVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was very good. the service - good to very good. Waiter forgot app order, it was served with dinner. Noise - party had a band, only blocked by curtains. Somewhat pricey a meal of salad with shrimp, only 3 moderate sized shrimp, should have been 5 of these size for price. MAIN ISSUE: There was a wedding party taking up the main, front room -very disappointing. Especially since that in my note to them, I had told them I wanted to have a view to impress, a view of the harbor for my out of town guests. Had they contacted me beforehand and told me that they were having a wedding, I may still have gone, but would have known in advance what to expect. What is the point of sending a note to the restaurant if no one reads it?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 🚣Nice view but a terrible meal!🍗Live2eatVIPDined on 9/1/2014We have tried all the waterfront restaurants in Georgetown so we thought we would give Sequoia a try. The waiter must of had his own agenda and didn't want to be working on the holiday weekend. We ordered the sausage appetizer which was not properly described. It took 20 minutes to arrive and our waiter was nowhere to be seen. Barely half way through it, our entrees arrived without any apologizes. Roasted chicken was dry, the mash potatoes were flavorless and my wife's entree was cold. We will never be back. The restaurant was empty so the noise level is not realisticSpecial Features:
- Brunch at SequoiaGMnMDDined on 8/31/2014My brunch experience at Sequoia's was outstanding. The food was great, with lots of assorted choices; the seating overlooking the Potomac River was great, service was wonderful and the patrons very lively. It is a great place for brunch. I will visit again often.Special Features:
- Perfect food and amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Everything was cooked to perfection. As a celiac I had no trouble ordering, almost everything on their menu is or can be made gluten free. We dined on sea food, nothing was overcooked and the flavors were bold without being overpowering. Service was very attentive while not interrupting. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Beware smoking allowed on patioTammyWVIPDined on 8/26/2014I had never eaten at Sequoia before, but was excited to eat on the patio on an absolutely glorious evening in August in DC! We had out of town guests and this seemed like a really snazzy way to show off our city. Everything was great until the table behind us started smoking cigarettes. When I asked to talk with the manager - the manager explained that all of their customers know that smoking is allowed on the patio-REALLY I wasn't told nor was the table next to us told. Look if you are going to allow smoking on the patio then give patrons an option of smoking or non smoking areas. I don't care if you have smokers on the patio, but I don't want to sit next to them.
- My 20th AnneversaryEvergreen71Dined on 8/25/2014It was spectacular and so romantic we enjoyed so much and can not wait to come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sequoia was amazingnewtoDcDined on 8/24/2014I had mentioned when I made a reservation online that it was an anniversary and I wanted a nice table if that was possible. They gave us one of the best if not the best table outside and the waiters congratulated us and they even brought out two mini bottles of champagne for us to celebrate on the house. The appetizers were great and the soft shell crab sandwich was everything I wanted and more. The view, ambiance, and the fact that the weather was amazing made this a special night for us. I definitely will be going to sequoia again. I highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Amazing Views. Great Food & ServiceJimDeeVIPDined on 8/24/2014The Outside Host on Sun 8/24 was perfect re our reservation n table with a view. Our server Gustavo was gracious, helpful re drink n food choices & fun. Try the Gazpacho, Mussels or Calamari. Enjoy the View.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pearl in GeorgetownfoodpassionDined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend & I spent a lovely weekend in D.C. and were encouraged by our NY friends to dine in Georgetown. While at our hotel bar, we had the pleasure of interracting with a regular patron. At the high recommendation of this D.C. native, we booked brunch for the next day at Sequoia. It certainly lived up to the bill. The sun shine, breeze off the water, live jazz music playing in the background, smiles of fellow diners and the inviting staff made for an exceptional experience, creating a warm ambiance. The food was amazing and the variety impressive from an Eggs Benedict station to a taco station. There were oysters, ceviche, a delicious lamb stew, sides galore, gravlax & bagels, crisp bacon, waffles and endless desserts. Perfect! ♡Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceTsizVIPDined on 8/23/2014My food was fine, the others at the table loved theirs. The desert was SO good. I was recognized for being an open table VIP which was amazing (free desert). Thank you!! The only downside was our waiter took FOREVER to do anything for us. We had a group of 9 and spent 3.5 hours there! Unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced; average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Went here the other night for a first date. The food was was not impressive and was expensive for what it was, but we did have a very good server and the restaurant was very accommodating when a food item came out that I then wanted to swap (my own mistake of misunderstanding the menu). We sat outside with a river view on a nice night and since it was a first date the scenery was arguably more important than the food, and Sequoia does have that, so we did have a nice evening here. By no means bad, but come in search of nice outdoor setting, not for food that justifies it's price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mixed bagNomNomDivaDined on 8/22/2014Great views; leaking air conditioning ducts (onto my plate)! My guest's meal (Bass) was delish; my Snapper was dry. Our drinks (my guest had blueberry mojitos; i had Vodka -- one can't ruin vodka) were good when they finally arrived. I recommend the shrimp patties -- yum; NOT the crabcake although the corn relish was tasty. The bread leaves MUCH to be desired -- dry, bordering on stale, and cold. The waiter was a REALLY NICE GUY, went out of his way to try to please us; I it was difficult to understand him through the thick accent. I understand the brunch is great; we were there for dinner. Well, it's A meal, hopefully not my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant with Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014While visiting Washington DC and Georgetown we were searching for a special place to celebrate our last night in town. We found Sequoia on OpenTable and made reservations. The inside dining room was nearly empty and we were able seated outside on the terrace. Service was excellent and the food was great. We would definitely return - perhaps for brunch (weather permitting)Special Features:
- EastCoastEva29Dined on 8/17/2014Exploring DC and enjoying Sunday brunch with my daughter (new resident) and my husband. Our first stop exploring Georgetown....just wondering why there are no stores down by the waterfront, though.... Loved the raw bar, bloody mary and bread pudding!!!! Also, enjoyed the live music and the fabulous weather!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, $10 cheaper would be perfectGoodFoodGoodCompanyDined on 8/17/2014My fiancee and I came here for a Sunday brunch. It was a wonderful location and the food was great (in terms of quality and obviously quantity). The cost ($45) is due to the bottomless alcohol, but no one is cleaning out the bar.Special Features:
- not recommendedkctravelerDined on 8/16/2014Beautiful venue but food and drinks were disappointing.Special Features:
- Just okBJYFDined on 8/15/2014Overpriced, but with a view. Parking is NOT validated....it should be.Special Features:
- Great view; Food is mediocreHopelessRomanticDined on 8/15/2014Our waiter was Gustavo (I think that was his name), and he was very attentive. Great service! I know some people had bad experience with service here, but I think it really depends on the waiter you get. I was looking for a scenic setting to celebrate my wife's birthday, and Sequoia served this purpose perfectly. Food, on the other hand, was only mediocre. I know there are numerous reviews on OpenTable about how disappointing the food is here. I'm afraid I would have to agree with that. It certainly is not worth the price you pay for, but then again what you're really paying for is the ambience and the water front setting. If you are a foodie, you might want to look elsewhere.Special Features:
- excellent dining choicemaaniVIPDined on 8/13/2014lobster was steamed to perfection and the blueberry mojitos are a must! a bit pricy, but worth it!Special Features:
- Off Night?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014The ambience was great. We (3) dinned outside on the patio in the early evening before dark. The restaurant was almost empty at 7PM. The service was average. Rolls were served first after our order. They were round soft rolls that reminded me of the ones you get from Costco. Unfortunately, the rolls were 1-day shy of being stale. The red snapper ($32) was overcooked. The "island mojo" salsa appeared to have been prepared the day before. There was nothing fresh about it. The small dollop of yucca mash was very lumpy. The grilled shrimp salad ($20) arrived with cold shrimp that were also overcooked and had a strong after-taste. The Dayboat scallops ($30)--four--arrived attractively in the center of an otherwise empty-looking plate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/11/2014as usual. nothing impressive. OK for the location.
- Not worth the moneyDineAtDCDined on 8/10/2014Great ambiance but food was very pricey and the taste was below average. Try to find another place to get your money's worth.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/10/2014Very enjoyable experience. Had friends visiting from Europe; we went to Sequoia and the food, service where great and the views is marvelous; good place to go to show off the vibrant DC scene.Special Features:
- Miami In D.C.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/10/2014I came here for the Sunday brunch with a few girlfriends. The place looks soooo sexy! Like a little piece of Miami in D.C. It was a gorgeous, sunny day and we ate outside. The buffett was amazing and the mimosas were flowing. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat. It's kind of hard to find but once you do, it's hard to take your eyes off the place. It's beautiful and the brunch deal is worth the $45.Special Features:
- PerfectocandEDined on 8/10/2014I wanted to take my mom who is a foodie and a cook to a different place on her visit from Ohio and she just raved. Fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over hypedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Over hyped place that thrives on its location and nothing else. Big bar scene with millenium crowd and probably hot spot for events- weddings etc. Service fair, but not great. Food way overpriced- not that good, portions small and unsatisfying. We didn't read our Yelp recommendations closely. Won't return.Special Features:
- Good crowd.. Good food.JBL0214Dined on 8/8/2014It wa s a good crowd for a friday night. Food was good but nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dump with a viewDCnativeVIPDined on 8/7/2014Overpriced lousy food and the worst, slowest and rudest service I can recall having anywhere for that punt of money!!!!!!
- LunchLuvtoeatDined on 8/7/2014The dining experience at Sequoia was wonderful, but the lunch menu is limited and not much variety. I would return but only during dinner hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance; not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014- great outdoor seating area and location - never seen a mojito served in a plastic cup - smallest $15 ceviche I've ever seen Overall, the dinner in my opinion was probably worth $75, but paid $150. You're MUCH better off at a place like Filomena for a price like that!hSpecial Features:
- Outdoor dining funFriendsdineoutDined on 8/5/2014Three of us enjoyed the wonderful weather and dined outdoors with a great view of the Potomac. Food was excellent and the servie was stellar. Recommend it highly.Special Features:
- overall experience was just okicuspr05Dined on 8/3/2014Visited sequoia for brunch with a group of friends to celebrate my friend's birthday. Made reservations through open table. I was stuck traffic, my friends arrived first. They were told I did not make a reservation. they said they just don't seat walk ins, but they would "try" to find a table to accommodate. Then they said they found my reservation. The food was overall good but the wait for the omelette/waffle stations was insane. I'm a vegetarian and for the price, there really weren't a great deal of options. Our server was kind and even moved an umbrella when we complained about the sun being in our faces. Some sort of manager/supervisor gave him a hard time about it, However never came to speak to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot/great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014We took out of state visitors and they were very impressed by the entire experience. Only criticism of the food was the roast beef was way over done. I think most folks want their beef at least pink (I like mine rare); there was NO pink at all. Desserts left something to be desired--pretty ordinary. All of the other food was excellent. Had not been to Sequoia in several years because most folks criticize it now, but we were very pleased with the experience. Dining outside on a pretty day was spectacular.Special Features: