3000 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sequoiadc.com/
- Phone: (202) 944-4200
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:45pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:45pm, Monday to Thursday: 5:00[m - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Fanor Balderrama
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For over twenty years, Sequoia has been a landmark for fine dining by the Potomac. The floor-to-ceiling windows provide a majestic view of the nearby Kennedy Center, the historic Watergate Hotel and Potomac River. Our three-tier outdoor terrace situated along the Potomac offers a dynamic atmosphere featuring a mesquite wood-fired grill, sensational drinks, and our renowned River Bar. Our eminent chefs create culinary triumphs everyday to ensure your dining experience is unforgettable.
*State Room: 100-120
*Main Dining Room: 300-500
Menu available upon request.
- Cross Street: 30th
- Public Transit: Ten minute walk from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station (Orange/Blue lines)
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Located directly underneath the restaurant, the Colonial parking lot is located at the corner of 30th and K streets. Enter the garage and follow the signs for level P2. Once on the P2 level follow the signs to Sequoia. The elevator has direct access into the restaurant.
A word from Sequoia
The jewel of the Washington Harbour, Sequoia remains a landmark of fine dining by the Potomac. Our culinary team creates innovative, modern American fare. Coupled with panoramic views of the Kennedy Center, the Watergate, Memorial and Key Bridges and the flotilla of boats passing by, Sequoia creates an unforgettable dining experience. Please note all reservations are for inside only. Dining on the patio is seated on a first come first serve basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Sequoia - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Sequoia reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (172)great for outdoor dining (145)special occasion (108)good for groups (103)great for brunch (81)romantic (74)fit for foodies (51)hot spot (39)great for lunch (33)neighborhood gem (28)vibrant bar scene (24)kid-friendly (21)notable wine list (18)late-night find (11)Show More
- Live2eatDined on 11/23/2014Great for brunch with family, friends or couples! We'd definitely recommend it and will go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014Our dinner was great. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu, even with a recent menu change. Shrimp cocktail, stuffed mushrooms, cauliflower steak, penne, and duck were all wonderful. Everyone from the host to support to management was professional and friendly. Only downside was the rain, so we couldn't enjoy the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAnDDined on 11/16/2014I can't believe we've lived in DC for years and just now found Sequoia! Brunch was phenomenal and a great value for the quality and variety of food, to say nothing of the service. We felt pampered which is hard to do at a buffet. Will definitely return for both brunch and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowHopeDined on 11/10/2014We had an early reservation for dinner. The place was almost empty. They took like 45 min to bring the food and we could not finish it because we had to go to the Kennedy Center and rush!Special Features:
- Disappointed...DanEDined on 11/8/2014New menu was lackluster. Only one type of steak on the menu which was unimpressive for a $38 steak (tough and overcooked). Service was not good, left waiting 45 minutes to order. Cocktails were spilled when food was brought over to the table, not replaced until 5 minutes before waiter brought the check. Not planning on dining here again.
- Beautiful views, but that's allCarolynTDined on 11/8/2014The service was terrible, the lobster bisque was lukewarm and not a chunk of lobster was to be found, the entrees were nothing special and the noise level made it difficult to carry on a conversation. I think I will look elsewhere the next time I am in DC.
- Great meal before LA BohemeDCDST19Dined on 11/8/2014The food was excellent, they were mindful and accommodated our time constraints and the atmosphere was fantastic. Only slight complaint was noise level of wedding in the building (but that wasn't really bad either). Would absolutely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentllamb121212Dined on 11/5/2014it's a gorgeous place to have lunch and dinner. The restaurant decoration is very beautiful. When I had dinner there, I can see Kennedy Center and Potomac River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view of the PoromacniceplaceDined on 11/2/2014A memorable place. Only reason I didn't give it a 5 star is because if it's size. Much better to eat in the small bar in the third floor! Or outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Geebaby11Dined on 11/2/2014The food was amazing and alot to choose from. I wish our waitress was more attentive she was too busy attending the group of 10 people. If it was up to me I wouldnt leave her a tip. Other waiters was attentive to us. Other than that it was excellent!Special Features:
- BeautifulGreatTimeInDCDined on 11/1/2014This was my first time here! Not only did they have incredible service, but the view was breath-taking. I'm not into seafood, but they had plenty of other options! I even ended up having fish because our waitress made it sound amazing- and surprise, it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for food but worth itWinedineDined on 11/1/2014We were dining at Sequoia for a family birthday. Unfortunately it was the same night the main restaurant was booked out for an event. The restaurant did phone us in advance to let us know and check we still wanted to dine, which was good, and we still went ahead. I had dined at Sequoia once before and it was amazing. Second time was still good but it was quite loud with the event going on (though that was to be expected) but also we were waiting for our food for about an hour. The food is fantastic though and we still had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- DisappointedFgcaDined on 10/29/2014The ambiance of the place was great, our server was great. But the food disappointed me. I thought since I was paying $40 for a plate it would be great tasting but I was very much disappointed. I would recommend this place for its drinks and service but not your foodSpecial Features:
- Post marathon celebrationFoodsnobDined on 10/26/2014My daughter ran the Marine Corps Marathon Sunday; my husband ran the 10k. We celebrated with a wonderful dinner at Sequoia. Everything was 5 star, from the service to the food! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great dinner in DC with a beautiful waterfront view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strictly for TouristsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014Over-priced and underwhelming food with a great view of the Potomac, Kennedy Center, T.Roosevelt Island and Key Bridge. Has potential, but $17 for an overcooked burger? Strictly for tourists. Locals know where else to dine. Sort of a disorganized, confusing menu, too.Special Features:
- Georgetowns finestFineDiningDined on 10/19/2014Every time I am in the DC area, at least one of my meals will always be at Sequoia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have stayed all day...jswimsDined on 10/19/2014...if I could have eaten another bite. Very pleasant brunch. The wait staff couldn't do enough for us and made the bottomless Bloody Maries to suit. I wasn't keen on the bottomless Strawberry Bellini, but it was my first so I have nothing to compare it to. Food was great with many choices something to please every one. Loved it.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedWillieVIPDined on 10/16/2014First time here. Entrees were nothing special - mashed potatoes were cold and very stiff. One diner had a steak which wasn't very well cooked. Desserts were excellent - best part of the meal. Service was unattentive. Started with one server and got passed off to a different one mid-meal. Original server came back to present us the check and seemed to be rushing to get us out even though it wasn't close to closing time. Might go back to give them a second chance - not sure.
- bad cost benefitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014you probably pay for the view. the food is below average (burger was horrible at $17) and pricey. paying a lot to drink in plastic cups!!!!!Special Features:
- Nice spot in GeorgetownPaulDined on 10/12/2014A nice restaurant that I appreciate. Food and drink and service is always good. Me and my buddies enjoyed it.Special Features:
- FINALLYRANDYDined on 10/12/2014Finally, they replaced ugly wooden chairs (many broken arms) that took away from the beautiful ambiance of the restaurant with beautiful multicolored chairs more consistent with the overall restaurant.Special Features:
- BubblesDined on 10/12/2014Great festive atmosphere, wonderful location, and lots of happy customers. The perfect place to enjoy a leisurely weekend brunch with very good and plenty food, friendly staff and champagne cocktails. Afterward, wander around the Georgetown neighborhood and take advantage of the interesting shops. Sequoia is the perfect place to start the perfect Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014I would rate this a million stars if I could. Amazing food with even amazing decor and the view is to die for. Go here for brunch and never be the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, ok food and service...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014My husband and I went to Sequoia on a Friday night for dinner. The location is a bit tricky to find during rush hour since some lanes throughout DC are blocked off to help with the flow of traffic out of DC. On top of that, there was no clear parking and no valet, so it took us a little time to find a close parking garage. Once inside we had a great view of the river. The service was a bit slacking at times. We had asked for additional items or refills and it seemed to take a while to receive those items. The food was ok. I had the scallops and potatoes, and the scallops were not evenly cooked, but the flavor was good. My husband had the red snapper and it was very boney. Overall, the prices were high for what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dinner before TheaterUMfoodiesDined on 10/10/2014We had excellent service and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, terrible foodAnonymousDined on 10/5/2014The outside seating view is to die for. The food is terrible. Go for the scenery and unlimited drinks included in the brunch price.Special Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014My girlfriend and I celebrated our 6th anniversary at Sequoia. We dressed for the occasion of fine dining and we weren't disappointed with the establishment, food, or service. Sequoia was amazing. The service was kind and polite and offered their specials and opinions on favorites. The food was flavorful. It may not look like much but it was really good. Simplicity is full of wonders.Special Features:
- This Place Is Pretty GoodLauraDined on 10/3/2014This is a great place to sit outside by the Potomac River. Huge outdoor area. The inside is huge too. Very swanky atmosphere. Loved it. Food is good/average, but expensive. I would recommend this place to out-of-towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What do you still have?JiminDCDined on 9/28/2014I understand when a restaurant runs out of a main entree. Of course I would understand it more if it was a special of the day - or the restaurant was packed. Neither of these were true. But was more obnoxious was that not once; but twice - the waitress (who was amazing and wonderful); had to come back and say "I'm sorry we are out". Then I asked about a 3rd entree; and the manager said "you are in luck; we have 1 left". REALLY? I feel sorry for the next guy who may have to go his 4th choice. Silly; especially when the place was so slow.Special Features:
- Horrible hostess service.serviceDined on 9/28/2014We arrived a bit earlier than our scheduled reservation, the hostess told us that there was a table, we requested to see if we could sit next to the veranda with view towards the river. She said there was a table but she could not guarantee a view of the river. She told us "I cannot guarantee a table with river view but there is a Table and their is a couple behind you that needs a table" we just left and went to Fiola Maureen, they had a table with river view and we didn't even have a reservation. We thought the hostess was rude and very inexperienced.She could of just stated let me see what can I do.Special Features:
- Nice Place, food was just okJPK1Dined on 9/27/2014We made a reservation for our In-laws 70th birthday celebration. Upon arrival, the staff was super helpful is accommodating our needs-- choice of inside or outside seating. The ambiance is great, view is amazing, service was excellent, but thew food was just ok. The main courses are too expensive and everything is a-la-carte. If the food was excellent, i don't have a problem with shelling out $50-$70 per person. Beers in a plastic cup is not acceptable, but our waiter made a special arrangement for chilled glasses. He was very good, polite and helpful. Seems to be much more of a boaters bar hangout than a dinning experience.Special Features:
- Sequoia Diner ExpienceSeqdineDined on 9/26/2014My dining experience was horrible. Our waiter was inattentive and slow. The meals were were devoid of taste and one meal was delivered to the table cold. Not worth the money at all! This experience was truly a waste of time and money.
- Excellent findOurFamilyDined on 9/22/2014This Georgetown restaurant is amazing. I can not say enough about the total experience. This gem of a place sits on the Potomac and provides a wonderful view from both inside and out. Will definitely return on my next trip into the area. A must go to place!!!Kudos to Apryl for her excellent service!!Special Features:
- A little under parDES11VIPDined on 9/21/2014Our experience has been better before, but the late night rain shower didn't help. Food was good for a Sunday night but not overwhelming. Hopefully better next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to brunch place!ourfavDined on 9/21/2014Sequioa is our favorite brunch place! Lots of great to food on the buffet every time to include a raw bar and who doesn't love bottomless mimosa's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!CarolVIPDined on 9/21/2014Sunday brunch was one of the best I have ever had. Service was excellent and setting was beautiful.Special Features:
- Top-NotchFitFatboyDined on 9/20/2014Made an 11:30 reservation for Saturday Brunch. Service was good, food was excellent: my fiancé ordered the Saisage gravy w/ biscuits and I had (can't remember the exact name) but the "breakfast platter"...consisted of: eggs, pancakes, and sausage. The view of the Potomac is AMAZING. You're setup next to the dock where you can see boats, many people canoeing, and a couple bridges as well...overall seeing life move on. Will be making another visit very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't go again!Foodie1Dined on 9/19/2014Really poor food and very small portions for expensive prices. People are allowed to smoke outside right next to you while you are eating. Some waiters were really not attentive and rather unfriendly.
- too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014ridiculous to pay $50 for a brunch you didn't want!Special Features:
- Spectacular BrunchJJPhillyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Visited the outside bar Friday evening and returned Sunday for brunch. This restaurant offers everything for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.