3000 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sequoiadc.com/
- Phone: 2029444200
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:45pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Fanor Balderrama
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For over twenty years, Sequoia has been a landmark for fine dining by the Potomac. The floor-to-ceiling windows provide a majestic view of the nearby Kennedy Center, the historic Watergate Hotel and Potomac River. Our three-tier outdoor terrace situated along the Potomac offers a dynamic atmosphere featuring a mesquite wood-fired grill, sensational drinks, and our renowned River Bar. Our eminent chefs create culinary triumphs everyday to ensure your dining experience is unforgettable. *State Room: 100-120 *Main Dining Room: 300-500 *Mezzanine: 50-150 *Patio: 600pl Menu available upon request.
- Cross Street: 30th
- Public Transit: Ten minute walk from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station (Orange/Blue lines)
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Located directly underneath the restaurant, the Colonial parking lot is located at the corner of 30th and K streets. Enter the garage and follow the signs for level P2. Once on the P2 level follow the signs to Sequoia. The elevator has direct access into the restaurant.
A word from Sequoia
The jewel of the Washington Harbour, Sequoia remains a landmark of fine dining by the Potomac. Our culinary team creates innovative, modern American fare. Coupled with panoramic views of the Kennedy Center, the Watergate, Memorial and Key Bridges and the flotilla of boats passing by, Sequoia creates an unforgettable dining experience. Please note all reservations are for inside only. Dining on the patio is seated on a first come first serve basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Sequoia - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Sequoia reviews from OpenTable diners
361 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (279)great for outdoor dining (247)special occasion (170)great for brunch (121)romantic (121)good for groups (119)hot spot (64)vibrant bar scene (61)fit for foodies (58)great for lunch (53)neighborhood gem (49)kid-friendly (34)notable wine list (21)late-night find (19)Show More
- Sequoia was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I had mentioned when I made a reservation online that it was an anniversary and I wanted a nice table if that was possible. They gave us one of the best if not the best table outside and the waiters congratulated us and they even brought out two mini bottles of champagne for us to celebrate on the house. The appetizers were great and the soft shell crab sandwich was everything I wanted and more. The view, ambiance, and the fact that the weather was amazing made this a special night for us. I definitely will be going to sequoia again. I highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Amazing Views. Great Food & ServiceJimDeeDined on 8/24/2014The Outside Host on Sun 8/24 was perfect re our reservation n table with a view. Our server Gustavo was gracious, helpful re drink n food choices & fun. Try the Gazpacho, Mussels or Calamari. Enjoy the View.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceTsizVIPDined on 8/23/2014My food was fine, the others at the table loved theirs. The desert was SO good. I was recognized for being an open table VIP which was amazing (free desert). Thank you!! The only downside was our waiter took FOREVER to do anything for us. We had a group of 9 and spent 3.5 hours there! Unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced; average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Went here the other night for a first date. The food was was not impressive and was expensive for what it was, but we did have a very good server and the restaurant was very accommodating when a food item came out that I then wanted to swap (my own mistake of misunderstanding the menu). We sat outside with a river view on a nice night and since it was a first date the scenery was arguably more important than the food, and Sequoia does have that, so we did have a nice evening here. By no means bad, but come in search of nice outdoor setting, not for food that justifies it's price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mixed bagOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Great views; leaking air conditioning ducts (onto my plate)! My guest's meal (Bass) was delish; my Snapper was dry. Our drinks (my guest had blueberry mojitos; i had Vodka -- one can't ruin vodka) were good when they finally arrived. I recommend the shrimp patties -- yum; NOT the crabcake although the corn relish was tasty. The bread leaves MUCH to be desired -- dry, bordering on stale, and cold. The waiter was a REALLY NICE GUY, went out of his way to try to please us; I it was difficult to understand him through the thick accent. I understand the brunch is great; we were there for dinner. Well, it's A meal, hopefully not my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant with Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014While visiting Washington DC and Georgetown we were searching for a special place to celebrate our last night in town. We found Sequoia on OpenTable and made reservations. The inside dining room was nearly empty and we were able seated outside on the terrace. Service was excellent and the food was great. We would definitely return - perhaps for brunch (weather permitting)Special Features:
- EastCoastEva29Dined on 8/17/2014Exploring DC and enjoying Sunday brunch with my daughter (new resident) and my husband. Our first stop exploring Georgetown....just wondering why there are no stores down by the waterfront, though.... Loved the raw bar, bloody mary and bread pudding!!!! Also, enjoyed the live music and the fabulous weather!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, $10 cheaper would be perfectGoodFoodGoodCompanyDined on 8/17/2014My fiancee and I came here for a Sunday brunch. It was a wonderful location and the food was great (in terms of quality and obviously quantity). The cost ($45) is due to the bottomless alcohol, but no one is cleaning out the bar.Special Features:
- not recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Beautiful venue but food and drinks were disappointing.Special Features:
- Just okBJYFDined on 8/15/2014Overpriced, but with a view. Parking is NOT validated....it should be.Special Features:
- Great view; Food is mediocreHopelessRomanticDined on 8/15/2014Our waiter was Gustavo (I think that was his name), and he was very attentive. Great service! I know some people had bad experience with service here, but I think it really depends on the waiter you get. I was looking for a scenic setting to celebrate my wife's birthday, and Sequoia served this purpose perfectly. Food, on the other hand, was only mediocre. I know there are numerous reviews on OpenTable about how disappointing the food is here. I'm afraid I would have to agree with that. It certainly is not worth the price you pay for, but then again what you're really paying for is the ambience and the water front setting. If you are a foodie, you might want to look elsewhere.Special Features:
- excellent dining choicemaaniVIPDined on 8/13/2014lobster was steamed to perfection and the blueberry mojitos are a must! a bit pricy, but worth it!Special Features:
- Off Night?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014The ambience was great. We (3) dinned outside on the patio in the early evening before dark. The restaurant was almost empty at 7PM. The service was average. Rolls were served first after our order. They were round soft rolls that reminded me of the ones you get from Costco. Unfortunately, the rolls were 1-day shy of being stale. The red snapper ($32) was overcooked. The "island mojo" salsa appeared to have been prepared the day before. There was nothing fresh about it. The small dollop of yucca mash was very lumpy. The grilled shrimp salad ($20) arrived with cold shrimp that were also overcooked and had a strong after-taste. The Dayboat scallops ($30)--four--arrived attractively in the center of an otherwise empty-looking plate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/11/2014as usual. nothing impressive. OK for the location.
- Not worth the moneyDineAtDCDined on 8/10/2014Great ambiance but food was very pricey and the taste was below average. Try to find another place to get your money's worth.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/10/2014Very enjoyable experience. Had friends visiting from Europe; we went to Sequoia and the food, service where great and the views is marvelous; good place to go to show off the vibrant DC scene.Special Features:
- Miami In D.C.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/10/2014I came here for the Sunday brunch with a few girlfriends. The place looks soooo sexy! Like a little piece of Miami in D.C. It was a gorgeous, sunny day and we ate outside. The buffett was amazing and the mimosas were flowing. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat. It's kind of hard to find but once you do, it's hard to take your eyes off the place. It's beautiful and the brunch deal is worth the $45.Special Features:
- PerfectocandEDined on 8/10/2014I wanted to take my mom who is a foodie and a cook to a different place on her visit from Ohio and she just raved. Fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over hypedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Over hyped place that thrives on its location and nothing else. Big bar scene with millenium crowd and probably hot spot for events- weddings etc. Service fair, but not great. Food way overpriced- not that good, portions small and unsatisfying. We didn't read our Yelp recommendations closely. Won't return.Special Features:
- Good crowd.. Good food.JBL0214Dined on 8/8/2014It wa s a good crowd for a friday night. Food was good but nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dump with a viewDCnativeVIPDined on 8/7/2014Overpriced lousy food and the worst, slowest and rudest service I can recall having anywhere for that punt of money!!!!!!
- LunchLuvtoeatDined on 8/7/2014The dining experience at Sequoia was wonderful, but the lunch menu is limited and not much variety. I would return but only during dinner hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance; not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014- great outdoor seating area and location - never seen a mojito served in a plastic cup - smallest $15 ceviche I've ever seen Overall, the dinner in my opinion was probably worth $75, but paid $150. You're MUCH better off at a place like Filomena for a price like that!hSpecial Features:
- Outdoor dining funFriendsdineoutDined on 8/5/2014Three of us enjoyed the wonderful weather and dined outdoors with a great view of the Potomac. Food was excellent and the servie was stellar. Recommend it highly.Special Features:
- overall experience was just okicuspr05Dined on 8/3/2014Visited sequoia for brunch with a group of friends to celebrate my friend's birthday. Made reservations through open table. I was stuck traffic, my friends arrived first. They were told I did not make a reservation. they said they just don't seat walk ins, but they would "try" to find a table to accommodate. Then they said they found my reservation. The food was overall good but the wait for the omelette/waffle stations was insane. I'm a vegetarian and for the price, there really weren't a great deal of options. Our server was kind and even moved an umbrella when we complained about the sun being in our faces. Some sort of manager/supervisor gave him a hard time about it, However never came to speak to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot/great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014We took out of state visitors and they were very impressed by the entire experience. Only criticism of the food was the roast beef was way over done. I think most folks want their beef at least pink (I like mine rare); there was NO pink at all. Desserts left something to be desired--pretty ordinary. All of the other food was excellent. Had not been to Sequoia in several years because most folks criticize it now, but we were very pleased with the experience. Dining outside on a pretty day was spectacular.Special Features:
- Favorite Sunday Brunch!Cheers2uDined on 8/3/2014The food, mimosas, music & view of water make Sequoia our favorite Sunday brunch in DC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date1stRoundPickDined on 8/2/2014I took my date to Sequoia and we had really great time. I was introduced to Sequoia when I use to do security there, but had never got a chance to sit down and enjoy the place. Upon my 1st official sit down visit the food was good, service was great. My date fell in love with the place as soon as we stepped in stating and I quote "ohhh I like this, I've never been here before". Certainly a place I would recommend and the waterfront view is simply immaculate.Special Features:
- Bait & SwitchthatvideoguyDined on 8/2/2014I should have been wary; on Wed, restaurant had no reservations available within 2.5 hours of 6 pm on Sat. On Fri, 6 pm dining was readily available, and on Sat, the restaurant was only half full. Why? Well, they had a big wedding in the main dining room, so at 4 pm, I received a message saying that dinner would be in the State Dining Room. This was too late for me to make alternate plans, but obviously, many other potential diners who must have been notified earlier, cancelled their reservations. The absolutely best thing about Sequoia is the beautiful dining room and mezzanine bar, which afford a spectacular view of the river and the Kennedy Center. By waiting until shortly before the reservation time, this smacked of a bait and switch.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Manager request we move tables due to dictornaties and secret service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect new menu for our reunionjrockVIPDined on 8/1/20146 of us booked a lunch for a reunion for friends who hadn't seen each other in 35 years- beautiful view- lovely new colors and decor- new menu- our server was relaxed and even the kids age 7 enjoyed everything! Our server was so kind he even bought the table dessert !! All thought it couldn't have been better! Thank you sequoia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday partysceneDined on 7/31/2014Waiter was spectacular, along with the views & the weather could not have been better. Service was a little slack and food is not the reason to go; and it's pricey. Great early-evening atmosphere, though for our small birthday party.Special Features:
- HorribleDineallthetimeDined on 7/27/2014The waiter was unfamiliar with the menu, unaware that there was a wine list and unbelievably slow. What a waste of a prime setting
- crazyforfoodDined on 7/27/2014Best brunch ever! Hands down! From seafood to soul food to chocolate dipped whatever you want! Taco and omelet stands. Good grief!Special Features:
- Fun, Pricey, Understaffed BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014Sequoia's brunch is a very impressive array of food served in a beautiful setting. It's also more than $40 and, while the restaurant lists the brunch and alcohol portions of the pricing separately, there is no way to not pay for alcohol. I learned this when I was charged $8 for booze I did not order or drink. Turns out I got a poor value by not plowing through alcoholic drinks. But that's not the brunch I wanted that morning. We also received poor service. Our server came by rarely and forgot things. I understand it's a buffet, but when you charge $40+ for it and direct people on the receipt to tip 20%, you would expect the service to be great. It wasn't. Bottom line, this is a great option if you have tons of money and patience.Special Features:
- Really Good!luv2dineDined on 7/26/2014Food and service were great! Made reservations for 8:45 and there was at least an hour wait for outdoor seating so we chose to sit inside and we were seated immediately. Very busy place, make reservations to at least confirm indoor seating or get there early to sit outside. We had the mussels as an appetizer - the broth was very good! The scallop dish was amazing with the lobster sauce. Best scallops I’ve had!Special Features:
- Poor Service and SeatingNoSequoiaDined on 7/26/2014Made a reservation for 8:30 and didn't get seated until 9:15. Took another 25 minutes to get our drink orders. I asked if they were understaffed and they said no.
- Listen to previous reviewsKimmy81VIPDined on 7/26/2014My experience at this restaurant was not good. I should have listened to the comments made by other Open Table diners about the service and mediocre food. Despite having a reservation, my partner and I were seated and then left unattended for 15 minutes before a waiter clumsily apologized and "offered to take care of us" as if he was doing us a favor. He seemed confused or overwhelmed or both and it just appeared he was saving face. Other tables around seemed to be experiencing similar wait times. While waiting, we noticed other servers doing side work as opposed to serving their customers. The food wasn't bad, but it was not worth the price tag. Too bad, since the location is incredible.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014The menu on line did not match the menu at the restaraunt. They need to update their website.
- Pre-theater dinnergirlsluncherVIPDined on 7/24/2014Perfect. A breezy pleasant early evening, on the patio. Such a view! Delicious food, quickly carefully served. Plenty of time then to get just around the corner to the Kennedy Center. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.