Seoul Jung - Waikiki Resort Hotel
2460 Koa Ave
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
KoreanPrice: $30 and under
Seoul Jung - Waikiki Resort Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seouljungwaikiki.com/
- Phone: 8089224911x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-1:30pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean
- Executive Chef: Doung Hun Kim
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Seoul Jung - Waikiki Resort Hotel
Seoul Jung is Waikiki Resort Hotel's signature restaurant where you'll experience the finest in authentic Korean cuisine. Promoting health and wellness, all entrees are accompanied by vegetable side dishes made fresh daily by our master chefs from Korea. Open daily 11 AM-1:30 PM (Last order at 1:00 ) 5 PM-9:30 PM (Last order at 9:00)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seoul Jung - Waikiki Resort Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Good findBeanieManVIPDined on 9/15/2014This place is a little hidden (2nd floor of a hotel, little signage), but was definitely worth seeking out. The staff was friendly and the food authentic/delicious. If you're into Korean food, definitely check Seoul Jung out for a break from the Waikiki crowds.Special Features:
- Korean Gourmet Food TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Quiet for conversations, great service, and delicious food with a wide variety of side dishes to go with the main courses. Extensive menu for vegans to carnivores. Wonderful tasting BBQ. Comfortable ambience in a very comfortable hotel setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Tasty BarbecuFoodHolic1Dined on 8/12/2014I tried Korean Barbecued Beef - Galbi and it's very juicy and tasty. Best thing is you can enjoy Gimchi with it. One of the best Korean Restaurant near Waikiki Area! Place is neat located on 2nd floor of the Waikiki Resort Hotel in Koa Ave. My wife had Spicy Tofu soup. It was also great. Staffs are also kind.Special Features:
- Great Korean FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/4/2014We were looking for an authentic korean BBQ style place and decided to try Seoul Jung. It was perfect with grilling our own meats and vegetables. The food was delicious and the service was very attentive and professional. We will be back again soon for more.Special Features:
- I enjoyed it.tctmDined on 7/31/2014I actually enjoyed eating at this restaurant. The food was good, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be a Korean TouristjackVIPDined on 7/29/2014This place is targetting Korean tourists. Tour guide bring tourists here and get commission, so every service is focused on that purpose. Go to Seorabul instead if you want to enjoy Korean Food.
- great find in WaikikisassafrasDined on 6/15/2014The service was excellent. Really liked the stone pot rice dish and kalbi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great YakinikuLorenDined on 6/4/2014Five of us dined here last week as I had three friends visiting from Switzerland who had never tried Korean food. They were a bit skeptical having never tried Korean food but after tasting the pajeon and mandoo as appetizers (and liking them) they were happy to try other dishes. The meats were tender and tasty (I had them cook these themselves which was fun for them) as well the saba and fish jun. They also thought all the side dishes were a nice additional to the main courses. A fun experience for my tourist friends!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seoul Jung - Waikiki Resort HotelLuvthecattleDined on 5/24/2014The restaurant was nice, clean, and the staff was courteous and friendly. The waitress assisted us with the menu. Her assistance was priceless. Will definetly have lunch there again. Their Easter Brunch buffet was spectacular. T enjoyed the Korean menu mixed with the American menu. Mother's Day Buffet was also good but just a wee bit pricey at $40. It is on my "where to go list" for good Korean/American food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the Seoul Jung - Waikiki Resort Hotel reviews archive.
- First time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014It was our family's first time to Seoul Jung and we enjoyed ourselves. The variety of food was just enough and not too overly done. Although it was a brunch/breakfast buffet, I think waffles would have been enough and not include the pancakes. Also, the bi bim bap station was nice and impressive and we could customize our order a little to our liking - even though it took a little effort to explain and be understood by staff.Special Features:
- Kimchi-deliciousChineseguyDined on 4/17/2014The reservation process through Opentable was very smooth. We arrived at the restaurant early and they already had a table reserved for us; Seoul Jung is located on the 2nd floor of the Waikiki Resort and the self-parking is on Koa street (validated). It was a busy night with 80% of the tables occupied. Our server was a petite Korean lady who spoke little English, but was very polite and nice. We ordered three sets of BiBimBap GalBi BanSang (rice, mixed vegetables, beef and egg) and grilled beef rib, and I had the set menu with Kimchi stew and grilled fish. The prices here are a tad expensive compared to other Korean restaurants, but the food is to die-for! My Kimchi (kimchee?) soup was so good that I wanted more! We will return again!Special Features:
- GreatRegienaldDined on 4/6/2014I love the food and the staff. When we got there, it says that we didn't made an appointment but instead of dismissing us, they took us to a table knowing how busy they are. The staff was so friendly and nice. I think they got a great team. The food was great! I love it. I think it's worth it. It's a place where I'm willing to go again if I'll ever be back to Waikiki/Special Features:
- Home food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Seoul Jung foods remind me of the food I had when I was in Korea(Long time ago). they are not too salty, sweet, or oily. it is just perfect!. Sundubu Stew was great and it is only $11 during the lunch time. The manager recommended us Ge Sal Ma Ri(crabmeat wrap?) and it was great! I would come back for this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Korean Food!Yummyfoods808Dined on 4/4/2014Had business lunch at this Korean Restaurant located in Waikiki. Restaurant is on the second floor of the Waikiki Resort Hotel and they validate parking - pretty cool for Waikiki. When you walk in, restaurant seems formal, but we were prompty escorted to a table and had a very nice waitress. Tried one of the lunch specials. It was a salad of shredded vegetables with cubes of raw ahi or maguro and tobiko. You add the korean chili sauce (to your taste) as the dressing and stir it all up. It's a spicy salad and it was really good! This was served with rice, assorted Korean vegetable side dishes and some slices of Korean barbeque chicken. Would totally return for lunch another day. All the food looked really good! Please try it!Special Features:
- Authentic Korean foodLorenDined on 4/3/2014The food was tasty and the presentation the best I have seen for a Korean restaurant in Honolulu. I recommend Eun dae ku jim (butterfish in a lightly spicy sauce) and kalbi jim, a steamed beef where the meat falls off the bone. My friend had one of the lunch specials, sundubu jigae, which was priced at $12 and came with a salad and a side order of BBQ chicken. Waitress told us that the chef used to be the chef for the President of Korea therefore the authentic dishes on the menu.Special Features:
- Ummmm....EdieDined on 1/17/2014Food was great, tasty and appealing to the eye,pservice leaves much to be desired. If you are not Korean, you literally get no attention....we had to flag our waitress down every time we wanted something, even water refill. Our group was all oriental, one of us was even Korean, but if you are not Korean speaking, forget it, you almost don't exist to the waitress, at least the waitress we had. Dining here was NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE. I would much rather go to Seoul Garden Yakiniku or Yakiniku Seoul restaurants for equally as good and tastier Korean food where you are always treated as a valued patron....THUMBS DOWN ON SEOUL JUNG unless you want to be treated like a bother for eating there.Special Features:
- There are much, much better.FoodyVIPDined on 1/16/2014The wife wanted Korean food and this was the only one on Open Table so we tried it. It is upstairs in a hotel with no windows and zero ambiance. After sitting there for 5 minutes without being approached, we decided to leave. Thank the gods, the cab driver suggested another restaurant that was phenomenal called Budnamujip.
- If you are into Kalbi, thisDinDin4meVIPDined on 8/8/2013If you are into Kalbi, this is the place for deliciousness. I highly recommend this restaurant. Great eats!I would recommend this to a friend.