Seorabol Korean Restaurant
5734 Old 2nd St
Philadelphia, PA 19120Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Seorabol Korean Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seorabolphilly.com/
- Phone: 2159246865x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Cho
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We've catered at over 100 weddings and at over 1000 small to large events. We serve buffet-style over 15-20 popular Korean dishes.
A word from Seorabol Korean Restaurant
Seorabol is the best Korean Restaurant in Philadelphia. We specialize in Authentic Korean Food, Korean BBQ and Fresh Sushi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seorabol Korean Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good and Could Be GreatRubenDined on 9/19/2014Eating here was a nice dining experience. Although the waiter and waitress could not understand English very well, they served us well. However, learning English would help the dining experience with questions about the menu and process. We ordered the ribeye and the pork... both grilled on the dining table. Both dishes were tasty and they provided about a dozen side dishes. In addition they provided mackerel as sort of an appetizer. This was cooked very well and tasted delicious. The dishes were a bit pricey for the experience and quantity of food. However we plan on going back and trying other less-expensive dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wanted to love..bhanaDined on 9/18/2014As an avid koreatown-goer in NYC, I found this korean BBQ place on yelp, and made the trek north (definitely need a car to get here happily/safely) with my boyfriend. While my galbi was good for the most part (a bit overcooked, and I actually turned it myself at one point), his pork belly ended up being overcooked. Several pieces of the pork belly ended up being charred essentially to the point of in-edibleness, which is definitely not ok when you're paying NYC prices. I will say, I didn't try any of the other entrees, and it could just be we had an inexperienced server. Next time, if we go again, I think I will explain that we prefer our stuff "less done."Special Features:
- The Real DealBritonVIPDined on 9/13/2014Well worth venturing off the beaten path for this authentic outpost of Korean cuisine in all its varieties. I can't wait to go back to try different dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious korean food, fast serviceFoodiegalVIPDined on 9/7/2014We've been going to this restaurant for years. The food comes out quick, the BBQ is delicious! Just beware that most servers don't speak English much - but that's how you know, the food is authentic and good!Special Features:
- Great Korean BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014This place was really wonderful. The sides were all extremely tasty and the Korean BBQ meats that we ordered (bulgogi and pork belly) were great, along with the black bean noodles and hot stone bowl with seafood. The stingray wasnt our favorite, it was a little tough in places, but the flavor was great. We ate to our hearts content and it came out to about $20 a person which is completely reasonable for korean BBQ. I would recommend this place to friends.Special Features:
- The following 9 reviews are from the Seorabol Korean Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Authentic KoreangalbiismylifeDined on 5/29/2014I've been to Seorabol multiple times and it's absolutely wonderful every time. The food is always delicious and the staff if very courteous.Special Features:
- Fast service, tasty foodFoodiegalVIPDined on 5/11/2014We've been here for many years for their Korean BBQ. The grill is in the table and they bring coal out whenever you order their BBQ. We love everything at this restaurant. Korean pancakes, sweat and sour pork, sushi is delicious too. The waitress barely speaks English, but their service is fast and food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the thrill of the grillnatureboyagDined on 4/20/2014If you go to Seorabol, you must try the BBQ. The in-table charcoal grills are fun to use and the meat is top quality. The 10 banchan dishes provided -- those little dishes of mostly picked vegetable are a great accompaniment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and experienceAcm5255VIPDined on 4/4/2014The Korean BBQ here was really delicious and included tons of sides. We used the coupon for free Korean pizza/Seafood pancake which was really delicious and like nothing I've had before. The waiters were very helpful and attentive. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to try a new place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new Korean bbq spotkabablanketDined on 3/28/2014Kim's has always been our go-to spot for Korean bbq for us in the past, but we've noticed that their quality and service started to slip in the past few visit. So we decided to try this place. The banchan is excellent. They give us 2 huge grilled mackerel pike as one of the side dishes too, which wowed us, and their caramelized potatoes and spicy tofu were also excellent. We had Galbi and spicy marinated pork and both were very tender and yummy. They also had EXCELLENT service, wait staff came to help us just when we needed them. They use charcol, but their ventilation system is very good, so I didn't smell like a big ol' campfire when i left. Already daydreaming about going back!Special Features:
- Spectacular FoodJeffVIPDined on 3/7/2014While there weren't many reviews (yet) on Opentable, I read about Seorabol on Yelp. Friends from Korea were visiting, so off we went, with high hopes, but reasonable expectations. They were ecstatic! I'm a total novice with this cuisine, so it was great going to Seorabol with Koreans, who knew what to order (and how to order!) We had Korean barbeque (boneless shortribs), seafood pancake, a marvelous cold soup with the longest buckwheat noodles I've ever seen, some smoked fish, and massive amounts of side dishes. Just great. I cannot wait to return!Special Features:
- Keeps getting betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/6/2014Having come here for over 5 years we are amazed how they keep improving. The food and bbq are great and now the service is getting better. With Chris marketing through open table (along with other places) we've seen bigger crowds and now there's more English being spoken which is a great help. They have great lunch specials and when I ask my 5 yr old daughter where she wants to go, she always says here.Special Features:
- Our favorite KoreanOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/7/2014Our family has been coming here for almost 7 years and have consistently had very good meals. Always great banchan, and at least 8 or so to start the meal. We come at least once per month and the banchan always has a few new ones. This is fun to bbq and the kids enjoy watching the meats cook over the charcoal. Some other favorites are the dolsot Bim Bim bap and the goat stew. Waitresses are very nice although not much english. Not the greatest neighborhood, but so worth the trip for an authentic korean experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice owner who comesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014Very nice owner who comes over and checks how you are doing, I rarely right reviews. Not a food coniseur and new to Korean good but I enjoyed the food and the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.