2873 N Broadway St
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.senzachicago.com/
- Phone: 7737703527
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: Coming Soon
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Noah Sandoval
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Special Events: Please join us in ringing in the New Year! Chef Noah Sandoval will be presenting a special 6 course tasting menu. $100/person; optional wine pairings $75/person.
A word from Senza
Executive Chef Noah Sandoval (Schwa, Spring) brings his unique take on new American cuisine to the south east Lakeview neighborhood. Focusing on fresh, local ingredients and a blend of modern and classic techniques, the food of Senza explores a wide range of influences. Chef Sandoval's food is served in a dining room designed by Karen Harold (555 International), which features a unique blend of natural, hand-finished woods, warming textures, and modern art. The combination of flavors and space blend together to create a dining experience to satisfy the senses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Senza reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (92)special occasion (71)neighborhood gem (56)romantic (43)notable wine list (26)hot spot (15)good for groups (7)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Absolutely fantasticFinucaDined on 9/16/2014Great, great food, creative, balanced, very good attention, I will be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014We were as delighted with our second visit to Senza as we were with our first. The simple decor is cozy and comfortable. The staff are knowledgeable but without pretense. They are friendly and clearly enjoy working at this wonderful place. We chose the full menu without the wine parings. Each course was presented beautifully with time between to savor the flavors and enjoy conversation. Every dish was great. We especially enjoyed the Waygu beef and the Beets a la Eichem. The Stony Point cocktail is not to be missed. Chilies, ginger and mint alongside the bourbon provide a terrific taste experience.Special Features:
- Senza is "a find".SPGChicagoVIPDined on 9/13/2014Senza is a restaurant you can't wait to go back to. The food is very imaginative, delicious, interesting, and beautifully presented. The service is prompt, friendly and delightfully inconspicuous. The noise level is manageable. For all the sad Bonsoirée fans out there, Senza is an ideal replacement. It even has street parking. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014A small, cozy restaurant perfect for foodies who love tasting menus. The service was wonderful and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- Yes and NoBeentheredonethatDined on 9/4/2014For the food experience it was worthwhile but having dined at similar "experimental" food restaurants this was very much overpriced. We spent less at "Fat Duck" for far more food. We dined at Bavettes the next night and for far less money received way way more, both in ambience and value.Special Features:
- eclectic taste driven menufoodexplorerDined on 9/4/2014Be prepared to spend money but the taste and wine pairings are worth it. From start to finish amazing mealSpecial Features:
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2014my husband made the reso after noting that months ago I said wanted to try this place - we walk by it all the time. We both did the 10-course tasting menu and ordered a bottle of wine to go with it. It was a tuesday night so probably not a great night to do the wine/liquor pairings as we both have work in the AM (next time?). Each dish was well crafted with unique flavors that just meshed well together. I especially loved the corn soup with crab that had a lime flavor. the berkshire pork was also excellent. I came away not stuffed but very satisfied. This is a great special occasion place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to the hypedimundoDined on 8/30/2014Senza has garnered much hype (and a Michelin star) since opening just a few years ago. Everything about the restaurant far surpassed all expectations I had walking in the door. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting, and it's refreshing to be able to walk into a place of this caliber with shorts and a t-shirt on if you desired to do so (out of respect, I did not). The service is impeccable. The food is out of this world. The tasting menu was 11-courses and all but one of them were far above average. The corn soup and Berkshire pork rib were two of the best dishes I have ever had anywhere. Bottom line, Senza is a must try for anyone in the Chicago area. Plus it's gluten-free (if that matters to you).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceLWFEDined on 8/29/2014The evening was superb. Good wine, good martini and excellent service. The dining room was nicely decorated and not to large. The staff gave great attention to details for each dish and any time they came to the table. The food was excellent and well proportioned. It was a treat to see a fine dining establishment catering to Gluten Free meals. This is a restaurant we look forward to eating at again the next time we are in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SpotWinedudeVIPDined on 8/28/2014Fantastic 10 course menu that blends an eclectic array of flavors, served by a friendly staff, makes this a must for everyone who appreciates fine dining in a casual setting. This time we brought our own wine and they only charged us $40 for corkage on two bottles. They have their own very nice wine list as well. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance not what I expectedMCB826VIPDined on 8/26/2014Went for dinner to celebrate my birthday. The food was expertly done & the service outstanding. The restaurant is a small storefront Approaching it, I began to wonder if I had the wrong address. From the outside I saw a long counter running along the front glass window with chairs for one to sit at while you look at the people walking by. I felt like I was going to a Subway sandwich shop. Once inside, the decor is hip/modern - nicely done. However, the tables did not have tablecloths and were close together. Some of the tables (where we sat) were counter-height with counter-height chairs like a pub. So, despite the gourmet menu (either $85 or $135/pp) & lovely service, I just did not feel like I was at a "special occasion" restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing every timeMikeVIPDined on 8/23/2014If Senza were a game of bowling, it would be a 300.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Night, Perfect FoodLivetoEatDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I celebrated his birthday here recently. We had the 10 course menu with wine pairings. We both felt the experience was unique and notably the best food we had ever had. We loved everything and would have difficulty picking a favorite course. The staff were educated about each course and pairing and could explain them in detail. We felt it wouldn't be quite the same experience without the proper pairings. The staff made sure we were out the door in time for our movie, without feeling rushed. Highly recommend as a place to get 5 star food without an intimidating environment or pretentious staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience overallShyfoodieDined on 8/22/2014We had a fantastic meal here. It was a little pretentious putting our credit card down for a reservation and the price was quite high, but when the food and service are that great, I guess you can get away with almost anything.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014What an outstanding meal! The welcome and service was outstanding, but the food was even better. Every course was extremely flavorful and featured many interesting and original combinations.Special Features:
- If I owned a restaurantjkaiseVIPDined on 8/19/2014...I would want it to be exactly like Senza. The food, delicious beyond words, is immaculately presented. How the good gets better each and every time I come to Senza, I will never understand. The service is second-to-none, with friendly, highly-knowledgable staff that seem genuinely enthusiastic about their jobs (and the restaurant). The decor is relaxed, fun, nicely lit and not too crowded. You should come here and be ready to eat. Start the day with some eggwhites, maybe a salad at lunch...and then indulge in the amazing degustation menu. You will not be disappointed. In a perfect world, every city would have a restaurant where one leaves so happy, feeling so taken care of. I'm glad that we have one here in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, delicious, wonderfullsdinerDined on 8/16/2014Had the full 11 courses and wine pairings for the husband's birthday. Every course was interesting and delicious. A few were really surprising in a wonderful way. The wine pairings worked very well. The service was fantastic, they were careful to explain every dish and wine and happy and able to answer questions but were unobtrusive to conversation for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time and still want to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014The food was exquisite and the service excellent! Based on our prior experience, we took a half pairing with the full menu and that was sufficient. One of the 3 best restaurants in Chicago with Alinea and Schwa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnny JjohnnyjamisVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food and service are impeccable, but it's not inexpensive. Bring your Visa! It's a special occasion event but definitely worth it. This takes your pallet to a whole new level that even Foodies and Celiac patients will appreciate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing for all with Celiac diseasenucappyDined on 8/9/2014As someone who has had Celiac for 24 years, before it became the popular thing to go gluten-free, the fact that a restaurant like Senza exists is nothing short of astounding. The simple act of being able to eat restaurant bread without feeling guilty would've been enough by itself, let alone the fact that the food served here is terrific. We chose the 5-course prix fixe option, which really was more like 8 courses once the oyster amuse bouche, the eclair/cheese dessert and the chocolate truffle ending note were included. For me, the highlight was the duck breast, with the chilled onion soup coming in a close second. The service was warm & inviting, and they all work very well as a team together. Would definitely return in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal of the yearOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed a spectacular dining experience at Senza in April and return with some fear that it could not possibly live up to our memory. We were delighted when our fears were quickly allayed. Once again Chef Noah and his team created a truly superlative meal. Each of the thirteen courses was a masterpiece to behold and their artistic appearance was only exceeded by their remarkable flavor profile. Each plate was different and each brought an array of bold flavors that will not be soon forgotten. Again the service was exceptional. The intelligent, knowledgeable, and engaging staff enhanced the experience. If Michelin can see past the nonpretentious, comfortable setting and focus on the food, a second star cannot be far away.Special Features:
- Better than expectedVictorJDined on 8/2/2014I am naturally suspicious of restaurants that cater to a "special group" of diners, in this case people with gluten aversions. However their menu looked interesting and we decided to give Senza a try. First off, the cocktails were exceptional. Inventive, unusual, and well prepared. We went for the 5-course menu, with wine pairings, as we did not feel we could handle 11 courses on that night. All the dishes were excellent, cooked just right, and all of them included some unusual flavor combinations. I really liked the extensive use of edible flowers in the presentation, very refreshing. The wines paired well, without being exceptional. The final bill was very reasonable for food of that quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best is ChicagoDinningforFunVIPDined on 8/2/2014I say this VERY sincerely - having been to just about everywhere - you will not find better. Service - excellent - Ambience - nice -for a small restaurant - a little crowded food was spectacular - I really though each course (we all had the 5 course prix fix) was perfectly prepared and seasoned. you often find a pretty looking dish - but the taste just doesn't always make it - This Did! would definitely return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014everything was great except for loud talking at a table of eight . the food, the room and the staff could not have been better. thanks to SENZA we have great memories of this evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place!gishboyDined on 7/19/2014The food and service was above and beyond our expectations. At one point in the 11 course tasting menu we did not agree with the slection of wine paired with the food, but the staff graciously made changes without us asking. Great job!!Special Features:
- Another Amazing Meal...halbermoleVIPDined on 7/19/2014My dining experiences here just keep getting better and better and better. This was a superb and first class dinner from the first bite to the last. Gorgeous presentations, innovative thinking behind dishes but connected to clear and accessible flavor profiles, pleasant and charming (and happy) staff! What are you waiting for? Book a table NOW!Special Features:
- AldenAldenDined on 7/19/2014Took my wife to Senza for her birthday and they made me look like a rock star! Tasting menu was delicious and the wine pairings were great. I wasn't expecting one with every course (we got the 10 course menu), but I adapted. ;-) My wife's favorite course was the onion soup while mine was the foie gras. Although, there were lots of close seconds for both of us. I enjoyed watching the video on their website and then actually getting to meet chef Sandoval and his wife. The fact that Senza is gluten free is a bonus. It wasn't why we picked the restaurant, but it was a healthy alternative and the food didn't suffer in the least. We wouldn't have known if I hadn't read about it. They don't make a big deal about it at all.Special Features:
- Wow!TORiaJVIPDined on 7/18/2014We were given a recommendation to this place by another restaurant owner and what a find! The food was amazing - flavorful and beautifully presented. The service was genuinely friendly and professional. A really special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRogerDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary, and had the 13 course tasting menu with wine pairings. The food was amazing - each dish was perfect, and just the right size so you didn't feel stuffed at the end. If you're a foodie, you won't be disappointed. Finally, the service was great - responsive but not overwhelming, and the waitstaff seemed to enjoy being there and appreciate your business which you don't always see at high end restaurants. Finally, easy parking less than a block away !Special Features:
- Michelin star in the neighborhoodthewolfDined on 7/17/2014The ingenuity, complexity of flavors, gorgeous presentation, intimate setting, outstanding staff all combine to make a memorable dining experience. Take your time, enjoy a special cocktail and marvel at the beautiful and unusual dishes. Waiters are well-versed in the creation of each delightful morsel.Special Features:
- A hidden gem!DJNeckyDDined on 7/16/2014Fortunately, I found this restaurant by searching on-line and was intrigued by the menu and what it offered. In dining there, our server was very friendly and knowledgable. As each course came, he explained how the dish was constructed and the tastes we should expect. Each dish was an explosion of unique flavors.. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Senza -OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2014Dined 7-12-2014 Great experience with excellent food. Service was outstanding. Food allergy to Mushrooms was adhered too. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Inventive, Surprising, IncredibleJennSDined on 7/12/2014Senza remains our favorite restaurant in Chicago. The chef's tasting menu is not to be missed, with each course building upon the last with fresh flavors thoughfully and artfully composed into complex, delightful courses. Cocktail menu is also stellar, with well crafted, balanced cocktails. Service is impeccable and warm with staff who truly care about their craft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!CJDiningVIPDined on 7/9/2014Senza is a fabulous restaurant. A little expensive but worth it for a great dinner and/or a special occasion. We had the five course tasting menu, and one of the dishes I was not able to eat. The chef change that one course for me, and it was delicious. This was my third time visiting Senza, and it has never let me down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came we saw we tastedgus43Dined on 6/24/2014Great menu, well-put-together, great service. These guys deserve their star.Special Features:
- BEST of the year so far.....BestofLSSVIPDined on 6/21/2014If you are in Chicago, Senza is a MUST if you are a foodie. Chef Noah Sandoval is pure genius and his 9 course tasting menu is one of the most interesting and delicious we have ever experienced. Unique wine pairings, artfully presented, delicious food and knowledgable staff made for an incredible dinner in the Windy City. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meallocavoreDined on 6/21/2014Had the five course tasting menu with wine pairings. We were under a time crunch as we had plans to go to a show back in downtown. No problem! the waitress pushed things along to ensure that we had enough time to drive back downtown (a 30 min. drive even though our destination was only 6 miles from the restaurant!). This was perhaps the best "fast food" meal I have ever had. Lamb encrusted with cipollini ash was spectacular as was the scallop dish. Would absolutely go again with more time to completely enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad menu changeJillDined on 6/19/2014Senza had a fantastic idea: set up the menu with the main ingredient shown at the left and the complementary ingredients of that dish shown at the right, so you had an idea of the complexity of preparation. There was a choice of at least 2, maybe 3, items in each category. They claim that guests found it hard to "understand" the menu setup and as a result there is now NO choice at all in the dinner, and the menu is arranged in the standard way so that diners have no idea what the components are in the construction of any particular dish. Great disappointment in an otherwise perfect culinary adventure. A shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Wonderful food preparation. Very attentive service.Special Features:
- Worthy of their Michelin starOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/12/2014They earned their Milchelin star. Did the full nine course and loved every bite. Nice flavors and very different with each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.