Senorita's Mexican Grill
285 Glenwood Avenue
Bloomfield, NJ 07003Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Senorita's Mexican Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.senoritasmexicangrill.com/
- Phone: 9737430099
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Regional Mexican, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Enrique Cascante
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off premise catering , which includes delivery, set up and clean up of equipment.
- Private Party Facilities: Our facility can hold a private function for up to 200 guests in our upstairs dinning room. Please contact the restaurant for availability.
- Private Party Contact: Fernando Delbono 9737430099
- Entertainment: MONDAYS: Mojito Mondays, Get a free mojito with the purchase of any mojito flight. TUESDAYS: Tequila Tuesdays, Get a free Margarita or Shot of Tequila of your choice with the purchase of any flight. WEDNESDAYS: Wine Wednesdays, Select bottles of wine are half price every Wednesday. THURSDAYS: Enjoy Thirsty Thursdays, Half price pitchers of Beer with the purchase of a Beer Tasting Flight. FRIDAYS: Long Week Long Island Fridays, $6.00 on any of our custom Long Island Ice Teas. Only at Senorita's Mexican Grill. 285 Glenwood Av. Bloomfield, NJ. 07003
A word from Senorita's Mexican Grill
This beautifully renovated building on Glenwood Avenue in Bloomfield is now an upscale Mexican Restaurant, along with New Jersey’s foremost chef on Mexican Cuisine is sure to make Senorita's a destination place. This spacious 270 seat, 2 story restaurant gives the comfort and privacy to dine in without feeling crowded. With the rustic décor, open archways and festive atmosphere you will notice no expense was spared. Senorita's offers a 15 minute express lunch and for the evening crowd there is an extensive menu featuring savory Mexican Dishes, mouth watering desserts, and Margaritas. Our daily bar specials are second to none.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican / Southwestern
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Senorita's Mexican Grill - Best Restaurants in Bloomfield ›
Senorita's Mexican Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)fit for foodies (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Not as good as usual.UnmitigatedGalDined on 8/25/2014We have gone here a number of times, and order take out regularly. However, my husband and I were both disappointed this time. I ordered the Quintana Roo, med rare. The flavor was delicious but the steak was poor quality. Hubster's Arroz con Pollo was just "eh." And the margaritas were weak. Not up to par.Special Features:
- Fresh tasting and delicious food.dlgivensDined on 8/23/2014Really loved the guacamole here. Fajitas was delicious as well. Service was very attentive. I'm definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- senorita'sglasssaDined on 8/6/2014Senorita's is your typical tex-mex joint. The food is marginal, but edible. The margarita was sugary and clearly made with a mix. The servers were nice and quickly fixed an issue with the bill, but the waiter would disappear for almost an hour.Special Features:
- O.k. Food, Terrible ServiceAlliLizDined on 7/3/2014My friend and I visited because we had heard good things about the restaurant and had found a Groupon. We ordered the table side guacamole and a Senoritas sauce with shrimp dish. The guac was prepared without anyone asking how we would like it and it was completely bland. After several mins., we were able to find a waiter to ask for hot sauce to make the guac palatable. Our main dish was tasty, but not great. The food was fine and I might consider returning if the service wasn't so awful. It took over 10 mins. to flag down a waiter to refill my water and when he did, he left our table so quickly, he never refilled my friend's water. If this restaurant were in a town with good or very good Mexican restaurants, I doubt it would last.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014They need to do some dusting and cleaning and the main course comes out way too quick, order after you're done with your appy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wifes birthday dinner @ senioritasaragorn8ppDined on 6/13/2014my wife,myself and our other guests had a great time at senioritas.the food was very good.the service was spot on[even thouh our waitress was training 3 others]from the first basket of chips to dessert and coffee,it was a very nice experence.we live close to bloomfield and we willl come back.Special Features:
- seniorita mexican grillekathyDined on 6/5/2014they didn't honor the living social voucher as specified. They wouldn't let us use the voucher for the lunch menu. this was not stated as a restriction on the living social voucher.Special Features:
- linnyDined on 5/20/2014I have been to this restaurant a few times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/14/2014The FOOD is AMAZING! The Chef came out to greet us and very friendly. Our serve was also great too and attentive. We went there for a late graduation lunch so the place is quiet. The lunch prices were very reasonable and servings are huge. They have the best Sangria as well! Will definitely go back there again and recommend to family and friends!Special Features:
- Good time, good valueSirEatsAlot6Dined on 5/7/2014Went with a group for dinner, the food was good and fresh. We want to go back for lunch, which seemed like an even better value. Friendly and accessible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 142 reviews are from the Senorita's Mexican Grill reviews archive.
- A very nice experience.TonyCDined on 4/28/2014Enjoyed a good meal w a friend while in Bloomfield. The food was hearty and the portions fit for two. The tapas menu and food is the better bet but only if you share b/c the plates are hearty and a trite expensive for tapas. We enjoyed the wings (huge) and mushroom with spinach and cheeses, and the Chorizo Calamari. Paella was huge the prawns were huge but flavor filled, and the meal was enjoyed for next nights left overs. The Burrito grande was okay, I had one chicken one steak. It was soggy and the chicken dry and stringy. The steak was the better choice. The try's Leche for dessert was sweet and wet and wonderful. I doubt I will be in Bloomfield again anytime but if I found myself near by, I would dine here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurantLoveFoodDined on 4/20/2014This was our third time eating here. This time we were a large group - 14 people. Food was great, service is fabulous. It was as if our waitress was reading our minds - she was amazing. Wish I asked her name.Special Features:
- Prettier than typical MexicangeekandglitterDined on 4/20/2014The food was yummy, and making the reservations was a snap. Two problems. The first is that because this was my first time using OpenTable, I followed up with a phone call, explaining that I had used OpenTable and was just checking. I don't think the guy heard me or was listening because he thought I was making a reservation. The second is that my son clearly ordered mashed on the side, and the waiter repeated it, but never brought it. When we asked again, we had to wait a while, during which time my son's entree was cooling. Other than that, the food was good, the restaurant is pretty. I'd go there again.Special Features:
- Food is very good. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2014Food is very good. Service was a bit slow for a week night with not many tables seated. Wait staff very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very goodgraystazDined on 4/9/2014The location was recommended and had good reviews but my order was less than satisfactory. My food was not prepared as expected. I ordered a beef chimichanga and it came out with ground beef instead of shredded and it was not fried and no traditional sauce or cheese melted on top. I felt like it was sloppy joe wrapped in a flour tortilla. My 6 year old daughter ordered guacamole and the face she made was priceless. She asked me to taste it and it had an overpowering taste of lime and seemed to be squeezed out a bag and not fresh. I was very disappointed in my experience. I may give it one more try but I am not sure. I question why so many think the food is good. I feel like there were there more for the drinks and the ambiance than the foodSpecial Features:
- Waiter was knowledgeable andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Waiter was knowledgeable and helpful. He was also very friendly. Food was good. Guacamole made at table was fun and interesting. We will be back again!Special Features:
- Great Mexican foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014Senorita's is a fun place to have real Mexican food. I would highly recommend reservations, as they are always busy. We were unsuccessful the first two times we went. It was over an hour wait. Thanks to Open Table, we got the reservation we wanted, quickly and easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good food in nice atmosphereaIraceVIPDined on 2/24/2014Guacamole made at the table was very good. The entrees were just ok.Special Features:
- sizzlingpabloeatsDined on 2/14/2014Hi enjoyed this Mexican place had the blackened salmon fajitas and came to the table sizzling my go to Mexican place in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & ServiceJohnDined on 2/14/2014The service was excellent. My food was very good but my wife was dissapointed in hers. Overcooked. I had the pork carne asada and she had the steak flautas. We had the queso with choritzo as an appetiser and it was good.Special Features:
- Brrr...........AZFOODIEDined on 1/24/2014Service was nice. Food is admirable but typical. Ambiance.... blah. Kind of a Mexican cafeteria vibe. Too open and bright. COLD!!! Most customers we observed didn't remove their jackets while eating. Add some booths, nice lighting and a fire pit for heat, we would add to our recommend list.Special Features:
- Disappointed!!!SenioritasDined on 1/18/2014We have eaten here before and never had a problem. This time was disappointing. First it was extremely noisy and it took a while to order food. My wife's appetizer came but my chili never made it until the entrees came out. My wife's food was warm at best but my food was sizzling. The food is always good here. They seemed to not have enough wait staff and we actually got our order before a table that was seated way before us and they had kids. When some of the orders came out we noticed they were wrong and the servers did not know who to serve. Training is needed in this area. Don't know if we will go back because when I am paying for dinner I want quality every time.Special Features:
- Bad Night?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014A friend recommended it to me and I was in the area with another friend, so we decided to check it out. The decor and atmosphere was cool, laid-back. However, the waitress' service and the food were lackluster. I asked the waitress which drink was the best between the Signature Margarita or the Bahama Mama. She didn't seem to know and recommended the signature because it's the signature. I ordered it (frozen) and it was essentially shaved ice. The flavoring and alcohol were pretty much undetectable. The salsa and chips were good. I ordered the chimichunga and I've had way better. The menu said it comes with onions, peppers, etc. I added cheese for an extra charge and it only contained the shredded chicken, onions and cheese.Special Features:
- great mexican authenticfoodieDined on 12/28/2013great tasty dishes and generous portions. fun atmosphere and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeDanNJDined on 12/20/2013The food was reasonable and very good. Service was attentive, menu was just the right size. Food was delivered accurately and in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceKenrDined on 12/5/2013Food was delicious and the service could not have been betterSpecial Features:
- Relaxing EveningOsensaiDined on 11/22/2013Great way to spend a relaxing evening with friends. Great menu variety and food tasted great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican but not same old same oldRprjr1211VIPDined on 11/9/2013For authentic Mexican food that's not found everywhere else, this is the place to go. Good margarita's and beer choices.Special Features:
- Definitely going backOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2013Delcious food and great friendly service ! I'll be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband generally doesn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2013My husband generally doesn't like Mexican food but loved it. Your wings are the best we ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican FoodMaycar4Dined on 9/6/2013A good place to enjoy a variety of Mexican food. The guacamole is good. The Margaritas are good. Lots of different Tequilas.Special Features:
- Reaqlly good Mexican style cuisineTioPeteVIPDined on 9/4/2013Good food, service and drinks at very reasonable prices-what more could you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MexicanfreqtrvlrVIPDined on 8/30/2013Authentic Mexican dishes with a full bar and aged tequila.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & GuacamoleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2013Food was excellent. We ordered the fresh guacamole, which was prepared at the table and the jalapeno poppers as appetizers. For dinner, we ordered: Chimichanga, Traditional Beef Burrito and 2 orders of the Carne Asada. As was stated on the menu, in regards to the Carne Asada - "your taste buds will thank you!" -- that is 1000% true. We all enjoyed our food and drinks very much and we cannot wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Great Mexican cuisine.thx1169Dined on 8/17/2013We have been eating here since it opened. Good food at great prices. Professional staff that caters to groups. My only shortcoming is the parking situation. Come early for a parking spot. The public lot across the street is still not open, come on BLOOMFIELD get it together. Love Senoritas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican nightlilyflowerDined on 7/27/2013Love the relaxed atmosphere. The food was delicious I had the vegetarian dish and the vegetables were full of flavor. Margaritas were excellent. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good neighborhood MexicantomfromwoVIPDined on 7/7/2013Very good neighborhood Mexican restaurant. Food, drinks , and service were all good. Have eaten here many times and will return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar serviceCarlos788Dined on 7/3/2013I just want to mention a small comment; when I ordered a drink and request for a second later, the service to bring it to my table was too long; waitress explained me was for shortage of staff. I understood. However, service and food was really good. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at SenoritaAmieDined on 5/10/2013Staff were nice and friendly, good service . Food tasted good only one problem I asked to make it spicy and guess what the chef did; my enchiladas were covered with red pepper flakes. Are you crazy!!!! The common sense thing to do was give me a bottle of hot sauce or red pepper shaker or even just say sorry I can't make it spicy and I would have been ok with that. Anyway everyone's food at the table was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine experienceMPaulJCVIPDined on 4/19/2013We enjoyed our main plates, and the appetizer of Hongos Fundidos was a huge hit for the family. Attentive staff was a plus.Special Features: