Senart's Oyster & Chop House
520 8th Street SE
Washington, DC 20003Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Senart's Oyster & Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://senartsdc.com/
- Phone: 2025441168
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Cross Street: Between E and G on 8th Street
- Public Transit: Eastern Market Metro (orange and blue line)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street parking available as well as a valet company that is located right outside our restaurant. *Note: we have NO affiliation with the valet*
A word from Senart's Oyster & Chop House
Beautiful 20 seat marble top bar with two fire places located behind you that make you feel as cozy as being in your own home. Trying our fresh daily oyster selection is a must even for beginners! With a great selection of entrees, no matter what you choose, you won't regret it. End your meal with a night cap from our large selection of scotch and bourbon or even just an espresso. We promise you will be walking out happily satiated!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Senart's Oyster & Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nothing greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/11/2014The steak on the steak salad tasted like charcoal with little other seasoning. The "special" risotto with crab and bacon was soupy- not prepared as a true risotto dish and had crab shell pieces. Probably will not go back
- Oysters!MiddleviewVIPDined on 6/2/2014We came for the oysters and Senart's delivered. This was our first visit. Based on reviews, we expected a crowd but we must have been in an off-week. We were literally the only clients inside the restaurant (outside was full). So, noise level was fine (Ambience mark is for loneliness...). Service staff was good, but slow to start. It seemed like they were short staffed and single bartender actually took our order. Once we were rolling, the staff assistant kept waters topped and plates delivered and cleared in timely manner. Oysters were full bodied, fresh and flavorful. Other items ordered presented well and tasted good. All the food was fresh. Overall, we enjoyed the meal - good kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/29/2014Excellent Bloody Mary and burger. Good one dollar oyster happy hour special. Cam is a fun waiter and bar tender!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/26/2014The seafood was great. My wife and I ate oysters on the half shell and oyster sandwiches. Great mixed drinks and wine too!Special Features:
- Good food.. friendly service7hom7homVIPDined on 5/24/2014I had the specials.. lump crab dip with bread & NY strip with fries. I really liked the crab dip (too much butter makes everything better) and it reheated the next day well. Good piece of beef, cooked right. My only quibbles were the uninspiring bread (also not toasted enough) and the steak had a little too much char flavor for my taste. I will return for an Arena preshow dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great unplanned find!FreshfunhealthyDined on 5/12/2014Happy hour prices on fresh oysters was a real treat. Could have shared another dozen, but chose to order dinner instead. Happy hour prices on beers were good, but no deal on cocktails or wine was a brief disappointment. Dinner special of seared, sesame crusted tuna, very rare, was wonderful, and will bring me back!Special Features:
- so soJimmyVIPDined on 5/11/2014The oysters were great and the rest of the food was just OK. Service was mediocre.
- Best meal yetMLiteVIPDined on 5/2/2014I have had several good meals at Senart's, but last Friday night was the ear. The oysters were (as always) very good, and the bistro steak and pork chop we ordered were both prepared perfectly. A great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was amazing!RCRodriguezDined on 5/2/2014I went with my family for my birthday. The food and atmosphere was perfect. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Fine and FunDCDinerDined on 4/20/2014I went early on a Saturday evening, before it got crowded with diners and the bar scene. It was perfect. We could hear ourselves talk and the food was DELICIOUS, even the vegetables were perfect. There is a wonderful oyster bar and the selections are fit for foodies. The ribeye was tender, with just the right amount of sauce; I was a bit hesitant when I saw asparagus stalks on the thicker side, but they were steamed perfectly and were tender. Definitely worth a return visit.Special Features:
- Reliable with great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/17/2014The grill is good with mostly beef and chops. Very good raw bar. The bar is good, generous and well-mixed. Could use more seafood options on the menu beyond the appetizers and the salmon.Special Features:
- Nice evening outRichardDined on 4/12/2014Husband and I visited prior to another event later in the evening. The staff were extremely friendly and we had no less than 3 people (not our waiter) stop and check on us. That was very nice. Food was good and we could watch the baseball game so it was just what we needed between events.I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy hour specials were gonejeannieDined on 3/23/2014I went for oysters and they were gone about one hour after happy hour started. it felt like bait and switch
- Amazing Service & FoodDCCateDined on 3/15/2014London at the host stand went above and beyond to make sure our party of 6 was well taken care of. She called me the night before to ask if I wanted to sit outside because there was a chance of nice weather. She then called me the morning of adn we both agreed it was too chilly. I greatly appreciated her attentiveness. Amazing service- you just don't find these days. Food was amazing as well! Can't beat fresh oysters and crab benedicts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FavoriteCarolineDined on 3/6/2014This is one of those places you hesitate to let too many others know about because it is such a gem. I love that you I can sit down and have a conversation and actually hear one another! Always a delightful experience! Happy Hour is incredible - a great selection of oysters as well as wine and beer at a price that can't be beat. The duck and steak we had were done perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good burger, good beerdinerwithtoddlerDined on 3/3/2014Senart's is a nice neighborhood place. Prices for entrees could certainly be lower, but the monday night burger special was great.Special Features:
- March 2, 2014ricoDined on 3/2/2014Excellent raw bar selection and the entrées were prepared to perfection. I wish they would add the prime rib back to their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small package with big results!BradCDined on 2/27/2014I stumbled onto Senarts thru the reviews on Open Table. When we arrived, it appeared small and "closed in". Once inside, it delivered a great result. The seafood was fresh, pasta homemade and the staff fun and inviting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best dining experienceGeneDined on 2/14/2014Love the service and the waitress cook and host were so loving and kind and the food was greeeeat.Special Features:
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014Ordered a steak rare and it was perfect. Also ordered a pork chop was huge and tasty along with its accompanying polenta and Brussels sprouts. The ceasar salad was also giant and could have served two. For dessert the combo crime brûlée with chocolate mousee was good but not enough creme brûlée and too much mousee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty FoodFafouDined on 1/30/2014This is a wonderful seafood spot on Barracks Row. One drawback if offered to be seated in the front window during a cold snap, decline. It was freezing and the heater provided didn't help much.Special Features:
- Oyster & Beef DelightRickshawVIPDined on 1/27/2014Neat place with great oysters on the half shell and beef entrees (prime rib or ribeye). Reasonable prices and good beer and wine selections. Decor is interesting in wood lodge style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/25/2014Our meals were not cheap and the food was certainly lacking. The drinks made at the bar were strong but not very good. Very disappointed, we were looking forward to it. We had oysters first, my husband had the pork, and I had the short ribs. Not bad, but certainly not good. Certainly not worth the price. What a shame.Special Features:
- Good food, poor environment.Disappointed285VIPDined on 1/18/2014Upon arriving for a 5:45 pm reservation we were seated in a booth next to the bar. We had to ask to be moved to the dining area in the back of the restaurant because other patrons at the bar were falling down drunk and a nearby couple was displaying excessive PDA. They were hesitant to move us since they said the tables were booked but when we were moved there was only one table occupied. The martini and wine selections were very good, as were the Oysters Rockefeller and salmon. We were seated at the table right next to the bar and had the uncomfortable feeling that the wait staff were "in" our conversation. At one point a container of spoons were knocked all over me and onto the table. Glad they weren't knives! Won't be returning.Special Features:
- The oysters were great. TheluvgoodeatsDined on 1/4/2014The oysters were great. The ribeye is to die for. They also have good drinks. Try the french mis-connection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic OystersMGrioDined on 1/2/2014If you like oysters, this is the place to go in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best oysters we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2013Some of the best oysters we've had in Virginia! Dinner was exceptional as well. Best prime rib I've had in a long time. Thanks Cam for your great service as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great oysters, ok serviceDCFOODIEVIPDined on 12/20/2013Oysters were awesome, and he Caesar salad was ok. Our server was a little slow, but the bartender was friendly. Great cocktails, try the French Misconnection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff EventTessnoviaDined on 12/13/2013We were so hyped on the oyster selections for Friday the 13th that we all ordered a variety ranging from 9 to 18. The bluepoints were outstanding! Some were envious of the NY Strip special over the Ribeye, but all enjoyed the thick delicious cut of the most tender prime rib on 8th Street. Can't wait to go back for Saturday brunch. We've got it all planned.Special Features:
- The Oysters Rockefeller wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/7/2013The Oysters Rockefeller was delish; best we've ever had. The oysters on the half shell were yummy and beautifully presented. The bordelaise sauce used for the hanger steak and NY strip was very tasty. The meat cuts were below par. We would definitely go back if there weren't so many other places to try in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJazzieDined on 11/25/2013I would like to go back to try the Pot Roast item. Everyone of the employees were great. They all came by to check on me while I was eating. They are concern about the patrons. The oyster sandwich was excellent. In fact all the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.