Sen Zushi Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar
940 Fort Street
Victoria, BC V8V 3K2Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: CAN$30 and under
Sen Zushi Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.senzushi.com/home.htm
- Phone: 250-385-4320
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sen Zushi Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar
At Sen Zushi, the Japanese owner and chefs ensure an authentice taste experience where both traditional and contemporary dishes are sure to delight. A combination of ancient Japanese exterior and modern yet relaxing interior takes one to a place removed from everyday concerns. Please enjoy our sushi and traditional Japanese cuisine to your heart's content.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sen Zushi Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- An evening out...MariDined on 3/29/2014Very busy, but organized. Clean, comfortable & quiet. The food was tasty and well served. The service was good and definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi ever hadEdandValDined on 3/28/2014My wife, son and I totally enjoyed the food, atmosphere and the service was top shelf. We highly recommend this to anyone who likes sushi, or has never tried it. Will return on our next visit to Victoria for sure. Out of all the Sushi I have had in my life this was the best, the deserts were great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good Sushi. Good value.NateDined on 3/19/2014Was very impressed by the quality of the seafood they served us. Very fresh and very, very tasty. Surprisingly generous cuts of fish on all the nigiri we ordered-- especially surprising considering how reasonable the prices were. The tables are not overly crowded together unlike some other restaurants in Victoria, which made the meal much more comfortable. Will definitely return when in Victoria next.Special Features:
- Great authentic foodLynchensteinDined on 3/14/2014With a great selection of entrees and appetizers we were completely satisfied The loud table behind us with the annoying kids were the only flaw in our experience Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a favtmirelleDined on 3/6/2014Continue to hear good things about this spot, but have tried three times & found it not to be to my taste
- Outstanding Sushi, Tempura,EJBJrDined on 2/21/2014Outstanding Sushi, Tempura, etc. The "go to Japanese Restaurant" in Victoria. The staff is knowledgeable, courteous, and does not intrude with unnecessary conversation. It is advisable to make a reservation and arrive on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A high quality experienceYellowbasinDined on 2/11/2014We enjoyed a high quality delicious meal, besides very good service within the most pleasant ambience, such a treat, we will return soon and trust we've finally found the best Japanese restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The most authentic Japanese food!JoannaDined on 1/25/2014We had the don-don combo and the salmon shioyaki, both are delicious. I really like the soup of the udon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and momentPauloDined on 1/25/2014We had excellent food and a great evening. We would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- freshness and variety!delicioisDined on 12/31/2013Our New Years dinner at Sent Zushi was really a treat. It has the feeling of a well established and beloved institution. The best thing for me, was the unusually broad menu including many varieties of seafood that I've only ever read about. Service was prompt and unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just rightBurtieDined on 12/14/2013Restaurant was chosen by birthday girl and six had lunch there with her. We shared cost of BD girl's lunch. Food, service, bill sharing were handled well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in Victoria. EbizoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013Best sushi in Victoria. Ebizo is also great, but Sen offers way more table space, and their list of non-sushi dinner options are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time we come back toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2013Every time we come back to Victoria, this is one of the first places we eat, it's always really, really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Japanese cuisine.MSAMADined on 10/31/2013Authentic Japanese cuisine. Polite staff. Reasonably priced food. Our family favourite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surprisemcherrieDined on 9/25/2013Just looked them up through google and turned out to be probably some of the best sushi I've had on the Island. Good service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday Night DinnerBolergirlDined on 9/16/2013Dined with my husband and his boss. Clean restaurant, nice decor. We figured the food must be pretty good as they were quite busy for a Monday night. Our server was very sweet but not overly efficient although not so much as to cause us any distress. We have gone to Ebizo in the past but find it to be too noisy. We thought we'd give them another try but they are closed Monday's. Sen Zushi had the next highest rating on Urbanspoon so we decided to check them out. We'll definitely go back.
- Sushi Sit-down DateQuixoticDined on 8/31/2013My experience at Sen Zushi was good. I had a reservation for 2, and as soon as the hostess was notified we were shown to our table. The menu is large, and as I was a little dazed from the day's goings-on I do not recall much of the menu however they definitely had many impressive dishes that went beyond the average. The prices and quality seem somewhat higher than other sushi places I have been in Victoria. We had several rolls, vegetable tempura, and gomae - everything was tasty and satisfying. I recommend Sen Zushi and will personally be back to explore more of the menu. First impression: 3.5 out of 5. +Good food and service -Was a little louder than I would have likedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great sushiLAFoodVIPDined on 8/6/2013For starters, they use long grain rice which is not what is used for sushi. I expected more for a restaurant so close to vancouver. The quality is not what I am used to.
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2013My wife and I really enjoyed our dinner here. The food was excellent and service was absolutely fantastic. The waitresses and waiters were all very friendly to us and other tables around us. Sashimi was very fresh and cooked food was also done excellently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushi and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2013Excellent sushi and great japanese means at a e very reasonable price - served by freindly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in VictoriaPatersonDined on 7/23/2013Though a Victoria resident for many years and a sushi lover, I don't know why it has taken me so long to discover SenZushi. Excellent food, attentive service and a couple of well recommended bottles of Saki made for a memorable evening. Loved it. Will be back. Soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JapaneseStephenDined on 7/19/2013where it isn't just sushi on the menu; but appears to have all the other cool Japanese stuff too. Tastes great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2013Delicious! We had the futo maki, Captain Ken's rolls, spider rolls, and dynamite rolls. I'd recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun lunch at Sen ZushipernettyDined on 7/9/2013Just the spot when you're in the mood for a light sushi lunch. I adore their tempura bento box with the california roll swapped out for tuna sushi. Nice, friendly service, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Sushi in VictoriahnbdubsDined on 6/29/2013Great romantic dinner during an overnight stay in Victoria. Sushi was fresh, innovative, reasonably priced, and delicious! Waitress and rest of staff were very personable and attentive. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but service just okKmmmDined on 6/20/2013Fantastic food but the server forgot a few items we ordered. We've had better service here thus we will keep goingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2013We came here the first time based on a recommendation from a Japanese friend. It surpassed our expectations. So this time we opted to take our out of town friends here for a great sushi experience. It was enjoyed by all. The only down side is they only have one copy of their gluten free menu, at least they have a GF menu and they are planning on making more copies. However, I do find their GF options to be quite limited, which does speak to the fact that it is truly GF. What I ended up getting was simple and still delicious. The price range is a bit higher than the average sushi restaurant in Victoria but you get great friendly service and the regular menu options are abundant and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best japanese food in townOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/30/2013the miso soup is the best, and the chicken kaarage was very tenderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in VictoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2013I've been going to Sen for years now, and I've never left disappointed. The food is always fresh, the service is always friendly. Be warned, though: it gets very busy on weekends, so you really should make a reservation. If we hadn't made a reservation this weekend, we would have been waiting an hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious sushiRebaDined on 5/14/2013We loved every single bite and will definitely be back. Our server was great, knowledgable and attentive. A great dining experience.Special Features:
- We have been eating at SenzushiMSAMADined on 5/10/2013We have been eating at Senzushi for the past many years and always came home happy. However yesterday was an exception. All the food was great except the special grilled cod meal I ordered which was $15 (which seemed excessive when I actually saw the meal) but was really disappointing. The servers are generally very good but yesterday we were served by an unfriendly one. She was not pleasant like the usual servers we get and I hope i don't get served by her again. I plan to eat there again as it now feels like a tradition for my family but I hope they won't make price or quantity changes to the menu.Special Features:
- This place Is BadLuv2dineDined on 5/4/2013Horrible horrible horrible service, nobody cares about our table. We called a waitress just to get some water she said just a moment and disappeared forever !! Food are so expensive!! And very small quantity. Stay away from this Resturant if you wanna live longer !!!
- An awesome JAPANESE RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013This Japanese restaurant was just awesome. I am sure that it can be one of the best Japanese restaurant out of Japan. I guess it can compete well in Japan, too. Everything I got was just cooked so that it was really flesh. I recommend people all the stuff they provide. I am so impressed.Special Features:
- Excellent authentic JapaneseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Excellent authentic Japanese restaurant, with friendly servers and delicious, reasonably priced food. There's a lot more than sushi here, and I've never had a bad meal in all the years I've been going there.Special Features:
- the food was great but thenadipopsDined on 3/20/2013the food was great but the service was very, very slow.
- This place has the BEST japaneseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/16/2013This place has the BEST japanese food in Victoria!Special Features:
- Sushi was good. Nothing terriblymacaulay13VIPDined on 3/2/2013Sushi was good. Nothing terribly special but was pretty goodSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed the food, the waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2013Enjoyed the food, the waitress was polite and friendly as well as helpful.Special Features:
- It was an okay experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/14/2013It was an okay experience. The quality of the food was below expectation. Portions were not so great, price seemed a bit higher than it should be.
- This is the most authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2013This is the most authentic Japanese restaurant in Victoria, in my opinion. There are a lot of menu items that are not found in other restaurants in town. The sashimi is extremely fresh, and unlike most other restaurants, the miso soup is not full of salt!Special Features: