10018 - 106 Street
Edmonton, AB T5H 1G1Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.selectrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 7804281629
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Fri 11:00am-2:00pm
Dinner: M-Th 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Select
Located in the heart of downtown Edmonton, this 27 year dining icon is eager to please. With contempory French and international cuisine at your disposal we certainly have the dish you desire. Whether for business, pleasure, or for that romantic dinner, come spend time with us in the friendly and warm confines of Select.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Select - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Select reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (14)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (13)romantic (11)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (9)good for groups (8)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great lunch locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Hadn't been to Select for a while and just recently went for lunch. The restaurant, ambiance, and the food are still great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Been there on dates, to group events with friends, to professional lunches with clients....SLAM DUNK wicked place. To Jodh and the team! Awesome placeSpecial Features:
- Good lambReviewManVIPDined on 10/16/2014In value for dollar for fine restaurants this one is up there and is a good French food replacement for Bistro Saisons (that sadly went under last year). The lamb fell off the bone, the vegetable soup and bread were mouth watering, and the chocolate mousse was okay. The service and quick response in delivering the meal was very fast. The wine selection gladly has a cheap option of Segura Viudas which is a delicious Cava and often better than other more expensive wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite QuaintPlayapr3zDined on 10/10/2014The menu is vast so it will cater to an array of palates, resulting in an enjoyable experience. Sometimes the jack of all trades might be a master of none, but that's OK too. Atmosphere is good and the service is very engaging and attentive, almost perfect. This is a great place to spend the evening on a first date, or just the dawn of a relaxing night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuljentleDined on 10/1/2014We went for my fiancé's birthday and had the chef's choice 4 course dinner. It was absolutely delicious. They catered to us and everything was cooked lovely and the service was fabulous as well. Would definately go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine...spukspukVIPDined on 9/27/2014The wine pairing was spot on....thanks to the knowledgable staff.Special Features:
- Pork chop heaven...spukspukVIPDined on 9/26/2014If pork was always this good.........this is a excellent dish, and a comfort food all in one..!! BRAVOSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two great lunches in one weekLillygirlDined on 9/26/2014I just rediscovered Select. The food and service were fantastic. Both lunches I had were fantastic. The service was excellent and the atmosphere very nice. I also appreciated them calling me when I left my umbrella. I had a delicious salmon with zucchini and beets. I also had a salad with shrimp one day. Both were so delicious I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Birthday ExperienceLAdinersDined on 9/19/2014We had a great meal with caring helpful staff and would definitely return.. The lamb shank and the mussels were exceptional.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I have tried many items on the menu. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectsingasongDined on 6/26/2014Lovely little place to enjoy a quiet meal. I dined alone and the waiter was attentive, but unobtrusive. Wine excellent and the appy - cheese fondue delicious.Special Features:
- Great Food and WineMinameDined on 6/26/2014This restaurant was incredible. The food was magnificent and the staff were well versed in their wines; a perfect pairing for each course. As we went for supper, and this is an off Jasper Ave. location, the parking was great, close, and free. I especially liked my desert; the best ginger cake I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 230 reviews are from the Select reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014It has kept the flavour of the Old Select and still has the Mussels on the menu. The menu was trendy and the lighting great. Nice buzz in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Definitely enjoyed my dinner. Awesome service from Tannis and Joe! Excellent food and engaging serversSpecial Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014Just an all around great experience. Best service I think we've ever had. Our waitress was so efficient, personable and knowledgable and her wine knowledge was particularly impressive which sadly you don't find in most restaurants. Food was great and decor cozy. We will definitely be returning to this great little place, looking forward to trying out lunch too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceLisODined on 6/9/2014The food was delicious and beautifully presented, our waitress was both professional and personable, the wine pairings were to die for. Overall a great experience - I had not been to Select in 7-8 years, and this definitely was worth it. We used a Living Social deal, and the waitress did not treat us any different. She was thorough, there was loads of time to digest the gnocchi, salad with brie, pork tenders and risotto or duck (the duck was the best we've ever had!), and the dessert of creme brulee. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Select continues to impressTobyLaurenDined on 6/7/2014We enjoyed Select very much. The cool atmosphere with the steampunk vibe enhances the experience. The food is prepared well, with the knowledgable waitstaff able to discuss details of the menu to help you make a decision. The lobster risotto was a delicious side dish to share along with our filet. Our waiter was happy to share information on additional wines beyond the wine list, helping us select something that went well with our meal. We will be sure to return to Select! They're a lovely choice for a night out with friends or a date with someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it0nkyDined on 5/31/20141st time and will be back - service was great (our waiter, Mike, very attentive and charming and made good suggestions) - food was great, didn't have to wait too long, nice wine and beer list, and we loved our food. I had the little fondue appetizer for dinner (after an appetizer) and it was all I needed and scrumptious flavour combinations. dining partner had chicken - -very nice. we'll be back to try the lamb, the risottos . .. small but varied menu, and good value/wasn't overpriced for what we got. the night we were there they were accommodating larger groups. decor is understated and everything was comfortable. small patio, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/29/2014Went on a very busy Saturday, there was a large group dining there which made the vibe quite energetic. It's good to see that they can accommodate large groups like it, as I will consider it for my next event. Food was great and so were the wine selections, our server helped us select an excellent bottle which we thoroughly enjoyed. All in all an excellent dining experience, we will absolutely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwaysSushiSushiDined on 5/22/2014I love going to Select and have never been disappointed. It is easily one of the best restaurants in the city and has a great, intimate atmosphere. The food is wonderful, drinks & wine are diverse, and the service is exactly what you hope for in a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014food has gone downhill, cheese fondu tasted like alcohol, gnocchi was cold. But the server was excellent
- Great burgerDenboDined on 5/21/2014Believe it or not this is one of the best burgers in town. However, we made the mistake of getting the house salad and it was horrible. Stick to the fries or a caesar salad. The restaurant was virtually empty (one other person when we arrived). I find this a bit uncomfortable. It is nice to be able to talk and hear each other but it does not make for a pleasant dining experience. However, this is no fault of the restaurant - donwtown pretty well empties out after 6:00 during the week.
- CheapDineDined on 5/20/2014Really good living social deal good food, quiet, received a lot of wine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistantly deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/17/2014I have been to Select a number of times and the food and service has always been great. I have had a number of business lunches and several personal dinners. It is so good to have a place that I know will always meet and surpass my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/16/2014The food was very good Service was good, I would defiantly go back. I just wish they would not of changed the way the mussells were presented. I remember them coming in a pot.Special Features:
- Great time great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/12/2014Started with the Lobster Bruschetta, then we had the chopped salad and for our main course we had the Thyme and Dijon Chicken and Beef Tenderloin and we finished with the Creme Brulee and Mascarpone cheese cake. EVERYTHING we had was EXCELLENT and the service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still struggling, but better...AdamDined on 5/10/2014Last time I went here, my review was not great. Quality of food was slipping and service was poor. This time I took my siblings, family, and parents for Mother's Day. We had the same server as last time, but the service was outstanding. She did a 180° turnaround compared to last time. The food was generally very good, but the schnitzel is still poor. My mother is an irritable old woman who is not easy to get along with, but on the subject of the schnitzel, she was right… It was awful. More surprisingly, the manager knew my mother wasn't happy, so the restaurant "cancelled" our reservation with Open Table after we ate, paid and left for some strange reason … perhaps to prevent us from posting this review? Very surprising, sad response.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLegoDined on 5/8/2014Overal the experience was wonderfull! Food was very good and our server was awesome! A bit pricey but worth doing once in a while!Special Features:
- Great Place!MikeylikesitDined on 5/3/2014Went with my wife and another couple. Our server was excellent. Saturday night, place was busy but server never made us feel rushed at all. Food was great. No complaints at all. I would go back, no question. A hidden gem in Edmonton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standards are slipping!AdamDined on 5/3/2014I have been a regular at this restaurant for many years. Never a place to disappoint, my dining experience now is becoming less consistent This last visit was sad. Despite having reservation, we must have been seated at the worst, smallest table in the house. I had the schnitzel, while my spouse had the pasta after we both shared the mussels to start. The mussels were as.good,as,usual, and the schnitzel was fine, but placed on top of stone cold, undercooked vegetables. The pasta was overdone and mushy. The female server was unfriendly, unhelpful, and essentially saw her job as nothing more than an order taker.Special Features:
- Our Select ExperienceJimmymacDined on 5/3/2014The seared Article Char was dry I.e. Overdone. The veggies with it were not warm. The Beef tenderloin sauce was too sweet. Overall the food was disappointing (though priced rather high). There have been decor changes since our last visit. They have stripped away the old warm wood and replaced it with a generic plastic look and three TV screens. That in it self blows away the ambiance.Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Atmosphere was nice, food was good, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/2/2014Lobster Bruschetta is now my favorite appetizer and I will be back just for it! The Gnocchi Fondue was my friends favorite. We shared the Seared Arctic Char and that is for sure a do again. By sharing we had room for the Mascarpone Cheese cake which of course we didn't share as we had to have our own slice and were glad we did.Special Features:
- Recommended but...foodiegirlieDined on 4/29/2014The service and ambience were great. Meal was nicely paced and a great place to sit and visit with a friend or to have a romantic date night. My friend and i went for all seafood. The mussels were quite nice and good amount for the price. We also ordered the lobster risotto and the scallops. Scallops were delicious! Not over cooked and again a good portion for the price! The risotto is where the meal fell flat. It was not cooked enough in both our opinions and really lacked flavour. Also had the Creme Broulee for desert...great end to any meal!Special Features:
- Personable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2014I've been loving Select. The food is great, I highly recommend the gnocchi fondue, beef tartare and mussels!! The staff are unbelievably personable, they always greet me with fond recognition and even remember what I drink! Love the old movies in the background. Breakfast at Tiffany's was playing the last time I was in, an old Favorite. Keep up the great work Select!Special Features:
- LOVED IT!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/29/2014We had a great time. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and fun. We started with the mussels and potato cod cakes and they were fantastic. our main courses were simply outstanding. I had the Seared Halibut and my partner raved about his Beef Tenderloin. we didn't have room for anything else so we coming back for the Ginger cake and crème Brulee. I highly recommend you try Select, you will be glad you did!Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/26/2014Must try the chicken Masala perogies, they are amazing! The cod and Potatoe cakes are fantastic and we loved the Salmon BLT and the Select burger. Service was spot on and the room was warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/25/2014I was in a bit of a rush which the server said wasn't a problem and it wasn't. I told her what I liked and didn't and she suggested the Chopped salad and Chicken Masala Perogies. Both were great! If I had room and time, I would have had the Salmon BLT, so I will just have to come back to have it! Making my reso now! :)Special Features:
- Lunch reviewLunchDined on 4/25/2014Felt relaxed and was comfortable at lunch with a friend. I would return to try more dishes. Would be nice to have more choices on the menu. Service was timely and friendly. Would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Lacking in ServiceMattVIPDined on 4/16/2014Been here a few times now, and I've always found the service a little... not bad per se, but a little stiff? Just not that friendly/cheerful. This time though, the service was terrible; it was late and there were almost no tables, and the server was still not attentive at all - he was as little awkward, and did not replenish bread or refill water without being prompted. Basically any request we had, we waited a bit and then finally had to explicitly call him over. Anyways, food is always very good here, so I'll still probably be back. The steak was especially tender and delicious. Here's to hoping, though, that we don't get the same server again!Special Features: