Select Cut Steakhouse
2808 North Halsted Street
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Select Cut Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (773) 244-1500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 2:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tony Munoz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Call ahead for any size catering order. All menu items available for catering. Carry-out or delivery.
A word from Select Cut Steakhouse
Upscale neighborhood restaurant specializing in steak, seafood, chicken, ribs, sandwiches. Voted one of Chicago's top 5 Burgers by Chicago Tribune. Downtown quality at neighborhood prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Select Cut Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Will be back!PghdinerVIPDined on 11/15/2014So much better than the "chain " steakhouses. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jennygDined on 11/14/2014we always enjoy our dinners at Select Cut; a nice steak dinner in a more neighborhood restaurant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okfoodie4lifeVIPDined on 11/5/2014My boyfriend and I went to Select Cut for his birthday. Food and service were awesome, but the restaurant itself was old and out dated. Not a spectacular or impressive resturant but it did have good steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food service and atmosphere was ehGreatPlaceBadNewMenuVIPDined on 10/20/2014Eh, nothing outstanding. Steak was expensive for such a small portion. Shrimp was deep fried small and low quantity. Won't go back.Special Features:
- foodie123Dined on 9/13/2014Great steaks, very reasonably priced. Friendly service.Special Features:
- Love this place!!!!!DinerVIPDined on 9/11/2014We got there late and the staff was very welcoming (food was great!) Thank you Select Cut!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surpriserlernVIPDined on 8/16/2014we really enjoyed the food....more than I thought we would. nice, quiet, small place in the 'hood. would definitely try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great simple foodbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great sides and soup. Steaks really good value. Desserts looked great but too full to get itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and steaksajgfoodVIPDined on 8/3/2014Nice neighorhood restraurant. Service was good, food was very good.Special Features:
- Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/28/2014This was our second time at Select Cut. Our first experience felt rushed. They seemed to have listened and slowed the pace of dinner. We have a very nice dinner, very good service and overall a great experience.Special Features:
- The following 78 reviews are from the Select Cut Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Great ribsstingywithpraisesDined on 7/16/2014I love Select Cut's ribs. Their sides need some work but the ribs are great.Special Features:
- Don't go for the steakRobertDined on 7/3/2014Very friendly environment, but I suggest that you pass on the steaks and try something else.
- Always a great steak!BrianDined on 6/21/2014This place is a fantastic neighborhood location. The staff is always excellent and the food is consistently amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good hjomest foiodConsistentDined on 5/19/2014Simply honest basic food always prepared well. Service is greatSpecial Features:
- Great MEATPaullyPaulDined on 5/16/2014Have been here quite a few times live the good and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice steak placeAmusedJimVIPDined on 5/11/2014A friend recommended the restaurant. The food was very good. All four of us had steaks of different kinds. We had several sides too. Portions were good so we took bags home. If we're up that way, I'd go back.
- Good food - average value.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/11/2014The service was very good and the food well prepared and enjoyable. The value was average because the price was quite high (over $400 for seven of us, including the tip, and not everyone had an alcoholic beverage).
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/10/2014Good steak restaurant with good service. Good for fun, casual, family dining.Special Features:
- Don't miss this oneSusieRDined on 4/12/2014Select Cut Steakhouse has been in the neighborhood for many years and is still one of the best buys one can find for fine dining. The steaks are always tender and perfectly seasoned; the meals are complete with 2 sides; there is an ample wine list and one never leaves hungry. One needs to be very strong to avoid the scrumptious desserts. Service is attentive without being intrusive. Given the size of the meals and the service provided, neither the meal nor the cost can be beat. This is a definite "do-not-miss."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!midknight6Dined on 3/29/2014From the giant jumbo shrimp cocktail to steaks so tender that you can cut with a fork. Fantastic service. Great alcohol selection. Street parking can be a problem, but I wouldn't let that be a discouragement from giving it a try. Sign up for email updates and receive promotional discounts for special occasions and holidays.Special Features:
- A sure thing for a nice steakBrenlrVIPDined on 3/8/2014If you want a great cut of beef worthy of the steak houses downtown, but at a reasonable price and with an understated atmosphere, this place delivers. I've been here several times -- always for a steak with a bottle of red -- and have never been disappointed. It's definitely not a frou-frou steak house, but the service is good, the wine selection is good, the food is great, the prices are great, and it's not hard to get a table. Husband & I come here when we're in the mood for a nice, juicy steak minus the "experience" of a Mastro's or Morton's.Special Features:
- Great experienceEmilyDined on 2/15/2014Such wonderful food! The steaks were fantastic and cooked to perfection. Wine pairing were nice and the service was really great. The only thing I didn't love was that our table was crowded in between two other tables and it felt pretty cramped. But asfter the first few minutes I pretty much forgot about it.Special Features:
- Horrible Valentines DinnerBrittanyDined on 2/14/2014We were greatly disappointed at this restaurant. We went here before we saw Blue Man Group while celebrating Valentines Day. The best part of the meal was the bread and butter. We should have had a hint that the restaurant wasn't very good considering they were slow and it was Valentines Day at 6:30pm. Or maybe the hint should have been when they put A1 Sauce and Ketchup on the table before they brought out the steaks... No good steak needs any sauce... Both my husband and my steaks were burnt on the outside, chewy, ABSOLUTELY NO seasoning, and it was really bad. We actually thought of just paying our bill and going across the street to eat at a fast food restaurant. I wouldn't be surprised if they close soon.
- New YearsJessDined on 12/31/2013We went there on New Years Eve. I originally made the reservation for 2 and had to change it last minute to 4. They were very accommodating and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2013Select cut is good food good price not a dive but not so fancy you can't be comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerJellymanDined on 12/20/2013Perfectly cooked filet mignon & rib eye, (which is not the norm for "steak places" lately). Nice choice of wine and service was excellent. This was our second visit and both were great. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was mediocre at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/29/2013The food was mediocre at best. My boyfriend and I each ordered the ribeye with a garlic "crust." What we received was a flavorless piece of meat with a thick layer of minced, semi-cooked garlic. This is not a crust. Our server should have let us know. It was a disappointing experience overall. We won't be going back again.Special Features:
- Recently moved into the neighborhooOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/15/2013Recently moved into the neighborhood and we are delighted to find this solid local gem. Nothing fancy but great food and big-time value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value and great steak!KjuanVIPDined on 11/9/2013The menu reminds me of the steak houses from years ago. With veggies and a starch served with every steak, there is no comparison to what other steak places offer. The prices are very reasonable! The atmosphere only needs a uniform dress code by all of the servers. That alone would kick it up a notch. We were constantly asked about our satisfaction and needs. The water remained full. This is the kind of service that makes them stand out. I look forward to returning for that famous steak burger. While I remain a fan of the pricey steak houses, this spot is a hidden Gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, neighborhood jointjgy1Dined on 11/8/2013Wonderful neighborhood spot with good food, nine service and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood placeRealFoodie1VIPDined on 11/2/2013If you live in the area, nice place to go for dinner, Friendly, good service and the food was good, my Preference would be a prime steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service! MyJackVIPDined on 11/1/2013Great food and service! My steak was wonderful !!!Special Features:
- Great Steak in LakeviewAllenDined on 10/28/2013A Lakeview gem. No need to go downtown! Good for special occasions or guests to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it,KikiDined on 10/20/2013Great service without being pushy. I was in Chicago for work and staying at the company condo in Lakeland. I am so glad I picked this restaurant from open Table. Great steaks for a very reasonable price. Very nice wine list. Defiantly going into favorite restaurants for the Condo.Special Features:
- I Must Have Missed Something.......FishChiefVIPDined on 10/19/2013We chose to try Select Cut based on good reviews, and am still wondering what I missed. Service and food was rushed, we had a later, 8:30 reservation, the restaurant was not full, the staff seemed to be in a big hurry to get us done and out the door. We were attempting to have a nice relaxed, comfortable experience and it was anything but that. My steak was ok, my guests' steak was overdone. Crab cakes were marginal. Guests' baked potato and broccoli was ok, my potato was overdone, been in the steamer too long. We really didn't even have enough time to complain about things, the meal was out and done in like 25 minutes. The best thing was we had a great table, in the window, and would have spent more time there had we not felt so pushed.
- reliable dining choicejennygDined on 10/18/2013we always enjoy our meal at Select Cut- we get a nice steak dinner with a neighborhood atmosphere.
- Did not expect to be rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2013Did not expect to be rushed throughout our dinner and out the door in an hour. We went to a steak house because we wanted a relaxed lea surly dinner. Same treatment extended to all the diners. They also seated everyone on top of each other even though the restaurant had a number of open tables.
- Just GreatJodyDined on 8/24/2013The steak was outstanding!! My friend and I love the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2013We were hoping to get a great steak on our trip to Chicago. Select Cut was just OK, steak did not have much flavor, my wifes chicken dish was cold, presentation was a bit lacking, restaurant was kind of dark, but the service was very good. Overall fair, probably would not go back again.
- What a wonderful gem aroundPJ813Dined on 8/13/2013What a wonderful gem around the corner! we went for our anniversary, and the food and service were excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.