Sel de la Terre - Natick
310 Speen Street
Natick, MA 01760Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Sel de la Terre - Natick
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seldelaterre.com/
- Phone: 5086501800
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Saturday 11am-10pm. Sunday & Monday 11am-9pm.
BOULANGERIE: From 7am Monday - Friday, from 8am Saturday and Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Edward Hoffey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Au Soleil Catering brings the same dedication to excellence in cuisine and service that our guests at Sel de la Terre and L’Espalier have grown to know and love. From the rustic simplicity of Sel de la Terre’s cuisine to the lavish opulence of L’Espalier’s modern New England-French cuisine, Au Soleil presents a variety of options to suit every style of event. Call us at 617-535-6040 or visit www.ausoleilcatering.com for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private dining room for parties of all sizes.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Parks 617-535-6040
- Special Events: Chef's Table Dinner
7pm and $50 per person
This special evening showcases the freshest ingredients of the season in a four course "chef's whim" dinner. Your chef will discuss each course, including flavor profiles and cooking techniques, as well as his overall inspiration for the meal. A truly unique event that is not to be missed!
Every Tuesday at 7pm, $45 per person
Each Tuesday, guests are treated to a selection of wines inspired by changing seasons, wine regions or varietals paired with a four-course tasting menu composed of Chef Bojorquez' rustic French cuisine. Guests are seated at large tables that foster lively conversation, while beverage director Erik Johnson leads an engaging, informal talk touching on the highlights of the evening's wines. Reservations requested.
Please call to make reservations for special events!
Visit our website for more special events, cooking classes and themed dinners!
A word from Sel de la Terre - Natick
Sel de la Terre offers the rustic country fare of Provence & surrounding Southern France. Fresh local bounty is the motivation behind our creative, yet rustic menu, and the warm and comfortable atmosphere of Sel de la Terre makes it the ideal place to enjoy a meal no matter the occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sel de la Terre - Natick reviews from OpenTable diners
- Worth the visitDaveKDined on 12/17/2013We have eaten here several time, while the menu is limited, the food is very good. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food- amateur serviceSaraJaneDined on 12/16/2013Enjoyed the food and wine greatly. Had a complete amateur for a waiter. So service was really poor. But the maître d' gave us a discount AND paid for our dessert, so it's hard to ding them too hard.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but…..they are closingMumsedsoDined on 12/14/2013We had a wonderful meal and our server was fantastic, but on our way in, our friends were speaking to the hostess and she mentioned that this restaurant is closing at the end of December 2013. Very disappointing as this was our first time here and based on our great experience, we would have returned. Definitely the best restaurant in the Natick Mall.Special Features:
- Incredibly overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/14/2013We paid $100 (including tip) for lunch for 2 adults and 2 young teenaged girls. This got us: one burger, one cheese plate, one small salad ($12) and two kids' orders of steak frites + three sodas. The server was great. However, the prices were absurd for the food. Furthermore, the menu was really not adequate- there were very few choices. No sandwiches for vegetarians. Never again.
- over 45 minute wait for foodFoodieGirlVIPDined on 12/8/2013To keep this short. Sunday night reservation. Terrible service. Waitress told us they were out of most of the food because Sunday is an "off" night in the restaurant business and it is hard to get fresh food. (GROSS). Took us 45 minutes after we ordered to get our food. Food was not coming out for anyone. Our waitress along with the other wait staff avoided us while we waited patiently. We had to be at a Nordstrom event at 7:30 and received our meal at 7:25. Did not enjoy the meal because we had to inhale it.
- lacklusterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/7/2013my food was overly salty. wait staff presented the specials but returned to tell our table that the special she touted was not available (note here that there were only 3 other occupied tables at the time).Special Features:
- Love Sel de la TerreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2013Absolutely love this restaurant. My wife and I continue to come back and continue to be impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An All Around Wonderful ExperienceBRGRBRDined on 11/30/2013Sel de la Terre is one of my favorite places to go. I've never been disappointed in the food and the service is excellent without being intrusive. I look forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for twoBernieDined on 11/27/2013The duck and sole were prepared to perfection, the server was attentive and courteous but to pushy. I was surprised that the bar had run out of the Port after dinner cocktail I requested, and the Margarita was weak. All in all a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/23/2013We always enjoy the cheese plate and wine when we dine at Sel De La Terre. The food is delicious and service is consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're in a mall, right?E2013VIPDined on 11/15/2013I went there for the first time a few nights ago just to try out this place. I wasn't sure what to expect because the restaurant seems so empty all the time. I've been to the restaurant on Boylston street and it was one of my favorites. Sadly, it closed. But wow, this one is fantastic and almost tops it. The restaurant was super clean (SPOTLESS GLASSES!!), and the decor was really nice. The restaurant was actually full, but the noise level seemed almost library-like. I'm not sure if it was designed this way but it was really unexpected. I couldn't believe I missed out on this restaurant all these years. I had the risotto and it was absolutely delicious. The drinks were perfect too. I would highly recommend everyone check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pity that John is leaving.Jds18181Dined on 11/15/2013Pity that John is leaving. He has always been our favorite server. Toni let us sit at the bar fifteen minutes without even taking a drink order. Then the menus in front of us apparently didn't give the hint that we were looking to place a food order. I really hope this isn't the way service is heading.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food--tiny portionsBarshDined on 11/15/2013Out of our party of four, three of us got the evening's special which was tiny bay scallops on a bed of puree and arugula.. Neither the price nor the description could have prepared us for the appetizer portion of this meal. My husband got something else that was a bit more substantial and equally as delicious but three of us came out of there very hungry, and, by the way, we are all small people who don't tend to over indulge to begin with. Could they have minimized the portion because two of us were celebrating our birthdays and used a gift coupon? hmmmm. at any rate, the food and presentation were great, but for the price, don't go there hungry. Barsh
- Monday night? only okOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/11/2013We definitely got the Monday night service. Server was pleasant, but something came out wrong each time. Seemed more so to be a problem with the kitchen rather than the server. Definitely not what we were expecting, based on our one other experience there that was good. It didn't seem like any on in the kitchen cared what was coming out on the plates….Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/9/2013The food was excellent and the staff helpful. The chef needed more help in the kitchen. It took over an hour for dinner to be delivered. It however' was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above Average Mall EateryBillVIPDined on 11/9/2013This is the best restaurant in the Natick Collection. While it's not nearly the best in MetroWest, it still is fine food. The duck breast and swordfish are very good. Also, it's not unreasonably priced for the quality.
- MetroWest FavoriteTomSVIPDined on 11/5/2013We have had at least a dozen dinners It is a $$$ dining tab, but the food is always excellent. . Our only issue is the contrast between the very friendly front of the house staff and the inevitiably reserved and aloof staff in the dining room. A pet peeve is how slow they are to respond to a request that bread be put on the table at the same time as cocktails. We cannot figure out if their is some policy about this or the wait staff is just inattentive. I finally asked the person serving an appetizer for the table. He brought it out almost immediately and, not coincidentally, when the server finally brought it. May be a small thing, but, personally, I am not comfortable sipping a cocktail on an empty stomach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very special evening!CallistoVIPDined on 11/3/2013We went to Sel de la Terre for a special celebration, and they did not disappoint! The entire evening was near perfect - upon learning that it was a special occasion, they started us with a complimentary glass of champagne. The food was interesting and fabulous and the service was gracious and impeccable - friendly, but unobtrusive. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- foodLoveitthereVIPDined on 11/2/2013Great food and the front desk personnel were exceptional, even scouting out a place for me and my guest at the bar for a few drinks before dinner while we waited for the rest of our party.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Off NightmuskokagirlVIPDined on 11/2/2013We should have known it would be a bad evening when the waitstaff started out with an apology in advance....And it went downhill from there. We have been going to SDLT for many years. I agree with other reviewers: the waitstaff and the help seem to have been poorly trained if at all. They didn't have one of their signature cocktails,. First course came, with three dishes we didn't order, took awhile to send back because no one came to check. Within minutes of receiving our salads, our main dishes showed up, and the server just stood there wondering where to put them. I pointed out that we were not finished with our first course, and they would need to wait and also CLEAR said dishes. Food was fairly good, but not worth the trouble.
- What happened?!?!HauteCuisineDined on 11/2/2013What has happened to Sel de la Terre? I know they have closed down two of the three locations (Back Bay and Waterfront) and based on my dining experience this weekend I don't have high hopes for this location lasting much longer either. While the appetizer and main courses were good, the desserts and overall service experience were extremely disappointing. We love desserts and decided to order two (chocolate torte and bread pudding). Both were stale and cold. My guess is that they must not have a pastry chef in house. Then the service. We waited for 5 minutes starring at our desserts because they were served without utensils. For a $114 bill I would have much rather went to the Cheesecake Factory and gotten my money's worth.Special Features:
- always consistent and deliciousfechVIPDined on 11/1/2013We had a very delicious dinner. The waitor was very friendly and talkative. We spoke with the manager, who stopped by our table. One of the meal choices that we love is the appetizer, a fried chicken with gorgonzola. It is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodGrandyVIPDined on 10/31/2013I have been to this restaurant a number of times for lunch & brunch. It never fails to be an enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointmentdisappointedVIPDined on 10/26/2013My husband and I have been to this restaurant many times over the last few years although not for the last few months. We went last night and were very unpleasantly surprised at how awful it was. It wasn't even like the same restaurant even though the space was the same nothing else seemed to be. The server was inexperienced and unfamiliar with the menu and the food was average at best and some of it was really bad. I don't know if it has changed hands since we have been there but there are way too many other places to go to bother with this again. I know this is the last Sel de la Terre to remain open, maybe they should think again. A waste of calories, time and money.
- Disapointing - showing its ageLasttimegoingthereDined on 10/26/2013SdlT - particularly the Atlantic Ave location had been one of our favorite places for years. When the opened the Natick location a few years back we would go there when we had a reason to go to the mall. As the restaurant has aged however it looks like the attention to the quality and taste of the food and the professionalism of the wait staff have declined significantly. My wife and I wen tot the Natick location on Saturday night and the experience left us realizing it will be our last time going to what was once a favorite. Our waitress struggled to recall what the evening's special was, forgot to bring us our drinks and never checked to see how the food was, which was good because our entrees were under seasoned and tasteless.
- convenient and pleasantpbcheeseVIPDined on 10/23/2013always had nice dinners here. Had a perfectly cooked duck breast and creme brulee. rosemary fries a must have. Noise level in dining room is moderate which makes for easy conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch on a SUndayJarjeanneVIPDined on 10/20/2013Good sandwiches--done with care. Service was great--coffee good, too. Manager very pleasant.Special Features:
- Nothing special but could belady2211Dined on 10/19/2013The food is very good but not great (for the price), but the thing that was most frustrating is the lack of quality waitstaff. Our waitress did her job like a checklist, but was generally distant and visibly unenthusiastic. Not rude or outwardly grumpy so I certainly wouldn't complain to management, but the lady who bused our food to the table was much more lovely! Sel de la Terre, if you want to step it up and entice enthusiastic repeat customers, I'd train your staff differently to better reflect the price and quality of your food.
- ServiceJoffmannVIPDined on 10/19/2013Have been to this location a few times now and not sure if the servers are told to up sell you but it sure seems they try every time we come in to dine. Do you want this or that. I would have ordered something else if that was the case. ThanksI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatRAB1Dined on 10/13/2013Owned and operated by the amazing folks who also manage L'Espalier. Food was fair - service was fair, the rest smelled like the kitchen fans weren't working. A majority of the sepciality cocktails have tea in them - sounds good but they all have caffeine. The sides we ordered came out before the entrees. The waitress could barely explain the menu items and the bill took forever to get to us. I think that they "jumped the shark" and have closed their other sites and should eitehr retool or consider the longevity of this one.
- Good option at Natick MallAntonioVIPDined on 10/13/2013I think this restaurant is a good option while shopping at Natick Mall. There is nothing better. Nice place, good service, food is ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodFamilyVIPDined on 10/12/2013All good but more choices of main course would be nice...I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!NMonahanVIPDined on 10/4/2013Great food, wonderful to see a menu with a small but wonderful selection. Service was very good. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Never Ceases to DisappointGastronomicDined on 10/4/2013While it has been a while since our last visit, every time we dine here it is a pleasure. The service is always good. Never overbearing and easy to get their attention if needed. The kitchen keeps the dinning pace just right with a seperate waiter bringing your hot food to the table. For our appetizer we enjoyed a special autumn soup of pumpkin soup with apple chips. For our main we had the Salmon and the arcadian Red Fish. Both were cook just right and tasty. A nice bottle of wine accompanied the meal. This has been and will continue to be one of our favorite spots. And lastly, it is nice in today's day and age to be thanked for dinning at a restaurant as you leave. Nice to know your patronage is appreciated.Special Features:
- Not up to usual standardsJToisDined on 9/28/2013We had dinner there last Saturday -- was not terribly impressed with the menu or the specials. We all ordered the Steak Frites because nothing really seemed that enticing.. I ordered my steak medium well -- it was delivered medium, it was not worth complaining about as we were on a tight schedule that evening. The frites, which Sel de la Terre usually does very well, were short little stubby fries -- difficult to eat. It was awkward trying to eat them. The service was okay -- not superb. They tried to remove plates while some of us were still eating, which I really hate. All in all, while this has been a favorite of ours for years, the meal was less than impressive -- it was merely "okay".Special Features:
- SlippingRonLVIPDined on 9/22/2013On a slow Sunday evening, the waitress was pleasant but not terribly attentive. We ordered a bottle of wine and the charcuterie to start. . The waitress had problems opening the bottle and then poured too much into each glass. The charcuterie was without the usual coarse mustard and cornichons. When we finally grabbed the server's attention and asked for these items she came back from the kitchen to inform us that they were "out." On a positive note, the chicken entree was well presented and excellently cooked. When I tried to pay my bill with Level Up, however, I was told that they were unable to process the payment because nobody had the "password." They could really use a competent manager but I won't be rushing back.
- Fantastic!Cloud9Dined on 9/21/2013What a great surprise. Couldn't have been happier with the food and service. Perfect way to spend a quiet evening out! Definitely at must for any good lover. I know we will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2013Food is always great. Love that they grow their own or use local vegetables. Great place.Special Features:
- love farm to table menuDeeBVIPDined on 9/17/2013food is delicious, thoughtfully paired with locally grow ingredients nice presentation and selection of cheeses for cheese plateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closed for goodbbmathDined on 9/10/2013I really enjoyed the food at Sel de la Terre, but it has closed.