Sekisui - St. Louis
3024 S Grand Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63118Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Sekisui - St. Louis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sekisuiusa.com/
- Phone: 3147720002
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sekisui - St. Louis
At Sekisui, sushi chefs don"t just push the envelope; they put the envelope through the paper shredder. Chefs are encouraged to show off their creativity and listen to customer's ideas, creating sushi rolls that can't be found anywhere else. Also, purists will be delighted with the exhaustive lineup of nigiri sushi - perfectly sliced fish atop a mound of rice seasoned with vinegar, sugar and a touch of sake. The restaurant's fresh fish is flown in several times a week from locations such as Hawaii, Louisiana, and Los Angeles. There's something to please everyone. The extensive menu covers lots of familiar Japanese cuisine territory with teriyaki, tempura and udon noodles. Lively and noisy might not be typical descriptions of most Japanese restaurants, but the words fit Sekisui. As it is always full of familiar faces, Sekisui is a popular neighborhood hang-out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sekisui - St. Louis reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sushi was very good. And theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Sushi was very good. And the eel was probably the best I've ever had - it was quite exceptional. We will return for the sushi, especially that eel - yum!Special Features:
- "Seefood" Beautiful and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013I'm a big sushi nut and i took a shot in the dark and this one is a winner fool. I'm really tired of dealing with the central west end and the Clayton area, but that's where all the notable sushi dining is... Went on a Friday and wasn't super busy, low noise, and the sushi was great! The ocean pyramid was a delicious surprise, the tuna lover roll was awesome, and a large selection of veggie rolls. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- very nice service and yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2013very nice service and yummy food for lunch--most enjoyable--very glad we went--Special Features:
- The food was good but theWooooooooDined on 11/30/2012The food was good but the service was slow and inattentive.
- good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2012Server was tentative, price was decent, able to be seated promptly. Overall great last minute choice. Very pleasedSpecial Features:
- We had a great time, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012We had a great time, but the company we were with helped with that. I was a little disappointed our waitress didn't seem to be able to do more than one thing at a time. We she asked for our drink orders, she did it one at a time. It seemed odd to us. The food was exceptional. We love sushi, and we did try new things and it was delicious! The server was not real attentive to us, leaving us be after drinks, and then waiting for our food, seemed to take longer than normal. It was our first visit at this restaurant, so not the best first impression. I try not to be too picky, realizing servers sometimes have 'off' days, but it could have been better. Food was fantastic though!Special Features:
- Service has been slow in theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012Service has been slow in the past but this last visit everything was great!Special Features:
- Get your ocean fresh at SekisuiPriceyItalianDined on 8/23/2012Since it is pretty tough to find good sushi place in St. Louis area, I was not so sure if this place would be any different than other places I have tried. By golly, this place had fresh fish and sushi tasted great. I also had chef's special sashimi plate and it was great. This place also takes a break between 3 pm and 5 pm daily just to get things set for fine evening sushi dining. I highly recommend this place to anyone who appreciates good sushi and some 'melt in mouth' sashimi selection. Enjoy Sekisui.Special Features:
- just okCHRISDined on 7/13/2012This is a nice place but has gone downhill. They have a large space but pack everyone into one little room which makes it cramped yet they have plenty of tables. I had a coupon that the waitress said she used but actually did not enter my discount. I won't be back.
- my first time here, and it went :-(OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2012Had a coupon for a bogo free entrey, but I didnt know what I was ordering since it was my first time having sushui, long story short, I couldnt use my coupon, I guess I need to ask more questions, other than that food was good....
- Every one of my dining friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2012Every one of my dining friends loved the food. The desserts were especially tasty. The wife and I intend to come back, especially for the desserts and the soups. Awesome!Special Features:
- I sent there for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2012I sent there for my birthday with 14 people. Our reservation was seated right away. And despite having only one waiter/bartender she took all out orders and kept us happy. The sushi was delicious and we had a great time.Special Features:
- Food was fantastic as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2012Food was fantastic as always. Chef comes up with new things, this time we tried the ginger-chocolate creme brulee. It was yummy!Special Features:
- Unfortunately, although weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Unfortunately, although we had reservations, we were seated in the back area, with no view. The three of us were seated a table/booth that was intended for more. It was awkward. There was no ambience at all, and this was special occasion for our family. We were served water with a sliver of lemon and no napkin. We were given no silverware nor napkin until after our food was served.The takamaki sushi rolls were uneven, poorly made and literally were falling apart. The dinners did not come with miso soup except for an extra charge. The price for a cup of soup was $2.99 and the cup was very small. Although the sashimi was fresh, the tempura was heavy. Our meal together was disappointing at best.
- The sushi and food was reallyBrianDined on 5/11/2012The sushi and food was really good. However, the over placement of TVs and such wouldn't make it a good dinner locationsSpecial Features:
- Everything we had was AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012Everything we had was AMAZING! The crab cakes were to die for. Lots of actual crab meat not just a bunch of filler. The sushi was top of the line. Every original flavors and textures that work! Each bite was like an explosion of flavor in my mouth! We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:
- The rolls are small comparedBillDined on 3/19/2012The rolls are small compared to other sushi places but they are tasty! Service is somewhat lacking. it wasn't busy but the srever "got lost" for quite a while and we needed more drinks.Special Features:
- Not big on sushi but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012Not big on sushi but the food was uniqur and tasty. Ice tea for a buck.Special Features:
- I used to love this place :(OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012I'd been to the old Sekisui and loved it ... But when we walked in I instantly noticed major changes had been made to one of my favorite sushi spots. The trickling waterfall was gone; the tables were all cramped next to each other making seating awkward. After waiting by the door for several minutes, the hostess sat some people who came in after us before seating my boyfriend and me ... and we had a reservation! Grr. The server was great, the food was alright (nothing to write home about), and the drinks were good. The bill was over $100 (with tip) for two people. Ouch. I disregarded the recent, negative reviews of this place. Now see what they mean. Not going back.
- I made reservations, and whenmavtrainDined on 2/14/2012I made reservations, and when we got there they acted like it was a surprise. Sushi was sub-par, even for a casual sushi eater. We noticed one of the chefs pick something his off of his shoe (bare-handed) and continue to make rolls. Though the quality of the ingredients was decent, the rolls were poorly and haphazardly made. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant.
- Best Sushi in St. LouisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/3/2012Best Sushi in St. Louis!!!! Who else has a sashimi pyramid?Special Features:
- We probably won't be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012We probably won't be back. We called to make a reservation, and were told to go online instead- that was somewhat inconvenienant at the time. When we got there, we were told that "our table" (which was right in front of the constantly opening and cold door) was going to be a while, even though another table was sitting open. The person handling the situation didn't have the first clue about customer service and made us feel unwelcome. There are way too many great sushi restaurants un this town for us to go to back to this mediocre chain.
- I love this place. EveryoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2012I love this place. Everyone is so friendly, the food is excellent. Do make reservations on weekends.Special Features:
- The Sushi was wonderful! LovedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011The Sushi was wonderful! Loved the purple haze saki.Special Features:
- Wouldn't eat here againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2011The most important aspect of a restaurant is the food, and Sekisui's was terrible. Starting with the appetizers, the seafood tempura was really a vegetable tempura with a few seafood items thrown in. When the sushi rolls arrived they were a pile of salt, completely inedible. The sashimi was fine but cut too thickly.
- I wad on a first date andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011I wad on a first date and the service was terrible!
- Not the best the sushi I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2011Not the best the sushi I have had in saint louis. Good drink specials.
- Emily was a fantastic serverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2011Emily was a fantastic server and Benny was a fabulous assistant to her. No need went un-met. And there were 9 VERY loud women!Special Features:
- Fantastic Sushi!! We loveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2011Fantastic Sushi!! We love their Pacific Rim, Earl, Red Dragon & Spicy Tuna.Special Features:
- Used to Be My Favorite.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2011Unfortunately, I have to say, this was a lousy dining experience. The host and the bus boys were very attentive and pleasant, but the waitress was awful. It took her almost an hour to take our order, and this was 6:30 on a Sunday, she only had two tables, including us. Her other table came and asked for a new waitress. We had kids with us, 5, 6 and 16. The two youngest ordered appetizer sized tempura for their meals, which she brought out first, although we told her that was their main course. Good thing, since it took our sushi and udon another 20 minutes, at least! Her excuse was that she "didn't want that to get cold. Udon was good, chirashi was nice, rolls were not rolled tightly enough to stay together. Go to Mochi instead.
- Good selection of sushi andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2011Good selection of sushi and sashimi. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Sushi rolls were below St.KayWDined on 7/15/2011Sushi rolls were below St. Louis standard. Waitress was poor trained.