Sekisui Pacific Rim
4724 Poplar Ave
Memphis, TN 38117Neighborhood:
East-Bartlett / Collierville / Germantown
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Sekisui Pacific Rim
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sprusa.com/
- Phone: 9017677770
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00 - 9:00, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Ishii
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can bring the sushi bar to you. Our chefs will set up at your event to provide your guests with restaurant quality sushi made a la carte. Or, we can deliver pre-made meals, perfect for office lunches. Most items from our dine-in menu are available.
A word from Sekisui Pacific Rim
SPR, Memphis' favorite late night sushi, fusion restaurant and bar features an original menu combining ingredients and techniques from the Far East. Japanese, Chinese, Thai, and other Asian cuisines are blended for unique effects. Handcrafted interestingly shaped tables, exotic lighting, and a wall of water complete the scene for a hip, west coast ambience. Patio seating is also available. Deejays and live music on select evenings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sekisui Pacific Rim reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (9)special occasion (9)late-night find (7)great for lunch (7)romantic (6)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great change of pace.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We will be making this a regular stop from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always first classJeffVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great food. Great management team and staff. I highly recommend SPR for the freshest sushi and great people.Special Features:
- Best sushiNickysdadDined on 6/10/2014You can't find a better place in Memphis, super fresh, and innovative. Great staff, convenient. Try the "hot piece of tail"Special Features:
- The following 196 reviews are from the Sekisui Pacific Rim reviews archive.
- We were on time for the reservationFridayNightReservationDined on 4/4/2014We were on time for the reservation and were seated promptly. While the table was clean our seats were covered in wet and sticky food. After wiping it off ourselves we sat and waited... then waited some more. No one came to take our drink order, review the menu, etc. After 10+ minutes we left. I've heard the food is good. Too bad we won't be back to try it out. Note - the place wasn't completely full; not quite sure why no one came to serve us.
- ExcellentgoodeatsDined on 3/12/2014The menu selection is great, awesome service, food is awesome and great value. We really like create your bento box, the choices are broad and there is something for everyone. Staff is very friendly and efficient. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10th birthday dinnerwife2dmom2epDined on 2/28/2014We brought 6 girls here for my daughter's 10th birthday dinner. We made our reservation in advance, sat right down. Service was friendly and efficient as always. Food was fresh and tasty as always. Everyone was welcoming of having us here with 6 kids- free desert for my daughter and everyone was happy. Consistently a good choice for our family or date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi!Hip2BDined on 2/15/2014This was a great place to take my gf on Valentine's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014Had a great Valentine's Day meal - excellent sushi, great drink selection, and a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I would go back due to the variety of dishes they serve. I want to try more of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and Quaint!Hungry4MoreDined on 12/28/2013I enjoy this restaurant very much. The drinks are excellent. The food is very good. My only complaint on this visit is the extended wait time after we were sitted and given menus. I had to flag down a server. But once the server came the service was exceptional! We will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top in sushi/Asian fusionNickysdadDined on 12/17/2013Dinner is always great, try "hot piece of tail", very comfortable, super fresh, great staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like Pacific RimJennyofayeDined on 11/18/2013Great place. We celebrated a birthday there on Monday evening. Had great food and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favs!MFlemDined on 11/16/2013SPR has always been one of our favs! Great service....great sushi....good times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Good!srf52VIPDined on 10/9/2013Over the years, the quality of the sushi here has varied, but lately the improvement is striking! The sushi was as good as we've ever had here and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ReliableBlakeDined on 10/5/2013Great food and service each visit. Thanks for being consistent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I eat here a least twice a monthMemphianDined on 9/7/2013The food is always great. Tonight we definitely had a dud for a waitress. Not only was she slow with good and drink orders but I practically had to stand up in the isle To get her attention when she walked by. I have see her in the restaurant before, so I know she is not knew. We will be back just hoping not to get the same waitress or at least hoping she has a better knight. And no it was not that packed and their were plenty of other wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2013Been eating here for years. Sushi is always good. Service is excellent.Special Features:
- New MenuBubbaVIPDined on 8/10/2013third time dining with new menu and we keep finding great new dishes.Special Features:
- GreatJeffVIPDined on 8/2/2013As always, the food and the service were both first class. SPR is a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Memphis sushi!!SushiRoxDined on 8/1/2013Pacific rim is the best sushi in Memphis! Great central location, awesome sushi and appetizers, good wine list, energetic atmosphere, decent price range.. I would highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good night for SPROpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2013Very slow getting food out. Understaffed to handle large groups. They had about 4 groups of 8-10 and slowed everyone else up. Took almost hour to get our food. wait staff was hustling but understaffed. Seemed like kitchen or sushi prep wad having problems. No management in sight. Had to beg for drinks. Not a good night for SPR. going down.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite as good as we rememberedsrf52VIPDined on 7/13/2013Sushi somehow didn't seem quite as fresh as last visit a couple of months ago...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before "Live at the Garden"DecomanDined on 7/13/2013Great dinner for 4 before Robert Plant's "Live at the Garden" concert. Thanks for getting us out on time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect eveningdjdesignsVIPDined on 7/6/2013The food is only surpassed by the service..It is one of my favorite dining places in MemphisSpecial Features:
- disappointed=(sprluvrDined on 6/29/2013My husband & I love SPR. But our last visit was very disappointing! The food was only fair! We left sushi on the table which we Never do! We always eat it all! Hoping this was a one time experience!Special Features:
- Great sushi every time!BlakeandBrewDined on 6/15/2013This is my go-to for an excellent experience and fantastic sushi every time. The sushi list is plentiful with options for every type of sushi enthusiast or soon-to-be enthusiast. The beer list on the menu was out-dated, but they still had a good selection and I made the most of it. They have plenty of sake options as well that my group enjoyed. Our server was very nice. The ambience is very nice with the use of colors and lower lighting. The music was okay until we hit the CD that skipped constaintly that no one noticed for about 8 minutes. The prices are a little higher than most sushi spots around town, but you pay for a great atmosphere and product. It's a great spot to take a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, wine and servicesushiluvrDined on 6/15/2013Our waiter was fantastic and we were well serviced. He suggested a great wine and even brought us a dessert with a candle for our son's birthday we were celebrating. Sushi and chicken were tasty and spiced really well. Will definately go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all-around great nightBeckyDined on 6/14/2013perfect weather which helped, but the restaurant was great, outdoor dining was great, food was fantastic, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always friendly, always greatJeffVIPDined on 6/7/2013Always friendly, always great food. You can't find a better group of personalities than the SPR team.Special Features:
- Great food as usual but........UnenthusiasticDined on 6/4/2013..........marginal dining experience during this particular evening. By a frequent patron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the wait/billRSKZDined on 5/30/2013We arrived at 7:35 for a 7:45 reservation, finally got seated at 8:15. Hostess tried to place us at the table next to hostess stand/front door, so waited 5 minutes more for a different table as it was supposed to be for birthday. Waitress rushed the meal as it was clear she was trying to get through with her shift (Didn't offer dessert when reservation stated it was for a B-day and didn't know menu when asked what dishes were available). We ordered 7 different rolls. The fish was good quality, but all the sushi rolls had the same level of heat (too hot). We both like spice, but there was no flavor, just heat. Overall, food was not bad; would be better if specialty rolls were $1-2 less. Service needs major restructuring!
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2013We love to eat here. On the weekends, it's best to have reservations. Even with reservations you may have to wait. Our wait time for an 8:15 reservation was for about 15 minutes. Just grab a glass of wine and chat it up with your guests. The food is so delicious, it's worth the wait. Even with a heavy table load, our server was exceptionally attentive and never missed a beat. I highly recommend the sushi, too many favorites to list and the wine and beer selection has something for everyone.Special Features:
- Wonderful surprise!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2013Everything about this place was GOOD. The waiter was attentive but not hovering, the noise level was reasonable and the food was DELICIOUS. They have an fried oyster appetizer that is to DIE FOR and the Ribeye Teriyaki was GREAT! VERY reasonably priced food items on the menu. I will be back the next time I am in Memphis, as this was one of the better dining experiences I had on this trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Go ToCaptAwesomeDined on 5/10/2013Excellent roll and food selection. If you are a fan of sashimi go for the Ocean Pyramid, you definitely can't go wrong there. Everything is reasonably priced and quality is always high. Whether you're looking for a little bite or variety Sekisui is always a consideration.Special Features:
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2013I go very often to this restaurant but my last visit was not good, our server was very slow and our order was not right. Food was good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJeffVIPDined on 5/3/2013As always, terrific service, friendly and attentive. Great food.Special Features:
- We tried the raw scallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2013We tried the raw scallops special for the first time, and it was SO much better than I imagined! It was very fresh (I mean, it was alive just before they served it!!) and it did not taste as fishy as I originally thought it would. The sake is always great, and the rolls we ordered were delicious. My new favorite is the Diablo roll.Special Features:
- They have some great sushiRebelVIPDined on 4/6/2013They have some great sushi options at SPR. Wish they had a few more Asian import beer selections. Crab cakes were pretty good this time.
- We usually love this restaurant..OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2013We usually love this restaurant.. On this particular night service was poor, food was less than appealing, and we were underwhelmed. It took forever for our order to be taken and when we received our food- my husbands burger was rare when he wanted well done, my sushi as well as my friends udon noodle bowl was very bland, and the ribeye was super tough. No one came to refill our water and when the burger was given again it was still not cooked to the requested temperature. Timing was horrendous as well. Customer service was awful. It seemed as though we were unwanted guests.
- My review of SPROpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2013I have to say, SPR is probably one of my favorite places to eat in Memphis. My friends and I love going there late at night to get sushi, and it is by far my favorite sushi place. This fish is always very fresh, and the rolls are prepared perfectly. They often have great sushi specials also. If you go, get one of their signature rolls such as the pacific rim roll. The rest of the menu is great too. MY favorite is the Tuna Tataki. Try the fried cheese cake also. The atmosphere is great too, its more of a blue lit room with some upbeat type music on, which makes it great for a late night place in my opinion. All in all i highly recommend this place to anyone who enjoys good sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.