25 South Belvedere
Memphis, TN 38104Neighborhood:
Midtown / Cooper
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sekisuiusa.com/
- Phone: 9017250005
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Minh Nguyen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Sekisui can bring the sushi bar to you. We will setup a sushi bar at your event, with our chef preparing sushi on-site -great for Weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, office parties, etc...
A word from Sekisui Midtown
At Sekisui Midtown, sushi chefs don't just push the envelope; they put the envelope through the paper shredder. Chefs are encouraged to show off their creativity and listen to customer’s ideas, creating sushi rolls that can’t be found anywhere else. Also, purists will be delighted with the exhaustive lineup of nigiri sushi - perfectly sliced fish atop a mound of rice seasoned with vinegar, sugar and a touch of sake. The restaurant’s fresh fish is flown in several times a week from locations such as Hawaii, Louisiana, and Los Angeles. There’s something to please everyone. The extensive menu covers lots of familiar Japanese cuisine territory with teriyaki, tempura and udon noodles. Lively and noisy might not be typical descriptions of most Japanese restaurants, but the words fit Sekisui Midtown. As it is always full of familiar faces, Sekisui is a popular neighborhood hang-out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sekisui Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (7)romantic (5)special occasion (5)great for lunch (4)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Still got it...SushiFanDined on 8/24/2014Sekisui Midtown is a neighborhood staple and has had peaks and valleys over the years. They're on a peak right now, had a wonderful dinner and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Always fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Years ago I introduced some very skeptical family to sushi for the first time at this location and since then they're more enthusiastic than I am about it! This place is consistently great in all respects. I appreciate knowing there's a solid choice in dining no matter what day or time. Get the Michael Jackson!!! Early bird choices are wonderful and a real bargain, too. We love it all and everything is totally worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi in the SouthOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014the place was very accommodating to our child, as she eats Sushi. the only minor issue was the A/C was too cold. We had to go outside to warm up in the humidity to get the chill off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi in midtownFoodieDined on 6/7/2014We ordered the spring rolls, so good! I loved the dipping sauce. It was a great place for sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 78 reviews are from the Sekisui Midtown reviews archive.
- Wonderful event!foodieDined on 4/29/2014Our birthday dinner for eight people last night was excellent! Wait service was over the top and the food matched it. For those who did not like raw sushi there were many satisfactory choices. Personally, I can't get enough of their ginger salad dressing!Special Features:
- Great As AlwaysFoodAtFiftyDined on 4/12/2014Never fails to please and great value for money. Even got hubby to eat part of a California roll before he realized there was avocado in it.LOLSpecial Features:
- NicefamilymanDined on 3/10/2014This is a nice restaurant. Food was good, but it was a little to tight for a larger group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Really enjoyed eating here! Only down side was how long the food took to come but overall great experience!! I recommend gyosa for appetizer and the Stacy Roll is to kill for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerRedbirdRollDined on 1/10/2014We go to this restaurant all the time, and decided to go there again for my birthday dinner. We had 7 people, and the service was great for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi EVER!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2013This place has the best sushi I have ever had!! The place is a bit of a dive, but what the restaurant lacks in ambience, it makes up for in sushi and dirnks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placefoodieDined on 11/18/2013service was fast and food was wonderful, as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimesAverageJaneDined on 8/10/2013I took my son there for his 17th birthday dinner. He loves sushi and since he's older I wanted to do something more grown up instead of the usual kid entertainment places. His best friend came along as well and he ordered a blue crab dish that he loved and ate all of it. My son had 4 orders of sushi which he loved and scarffed it down like a vacuum. I had a steak & vegetable dish. The steak was great but the veggies were over cooked and mushy. We had a really fun time and the boys enjoyed watching the sushi chefs. I would recommend Sekisui to anyone that like sushi or Japanese food.Special Features:
- Sushi place for non-sushi eaters toMonabearDined on 8/9/2013I don't eat sushi, but enjoyed this place. Tried the shrimp appetizer, and 2 rolls (crab only). My friend was very satisfied with her sushi. Would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We haven't been able to goterz1Dined on 7/6/2013We haven't been able to go to Sekisui in a while and were so happy to get back there. We had some old favorites and a couple of new rolls and everything was outstanding. Everyone there is so nice. We always have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi!EnjoysLiveMusicDined on 6/8/2013Sekisui Midtown is a wonderful place to eat. The sushi is delicious, and the atmosphere is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous SeikisuiFoodAtFiftyDined on 4/20/2013Great as always. The Shogun with the lobster tail is really good value and looks and tastes fabulous.Special Features:
- Fair ExperienceAndersDined on 3/6/2013I don't eat sushi but the duck was amazing and my wife said her sushi, for what it was, was descent.Special Features:
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012As soon as we arrived, our waitress told us we had 15 minutes to order before the chef was done for the night but we were on time for our reservations. She brought the ticket to us as we were still eating, and did not come to check on us again. When we walked outside, she was standing checking her cell phone while smoking a cigarette. Overall poor experience, I have been many times and have had great service. I don't really know what went wrong this time.Special Features:
- Best sushi for the price inOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/15/2012Best sushi for the price in town. Cozy and comfortable always consistent.Special Features:
- Love the Jackson Five roll.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2012Love the Jackson Five roll. Our favorite restaurant (and server, Tina). We drive from east Memphis for the wonderful food.Special Features:
- I would recommend SekisuibootsyVIPDined on 4/6/2012I would recommend Sekisui if their fish was fresher.
- Great place for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2012My partner and I went there for our 30th anniversary. We both ordered the Shogun bento boxes and were very satisfied with the food. There was such a variety of food on that menu item. All the food was hot, as in temp. and was more delicious than the last time we ordered it. We would definately go back there again for quality and tasty Japanese food.Special Features:
- We eat here about once a week.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/10/2012We eat here about once a week. The sushi is always fresh and delicious and Tina is the best server ever!Special Features:
- This was so much better thanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2012This was so much better than Sekisui Pacific Rim. Great food and service. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- There are better places around tow.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/29/2012The food was great. The service was good. The ambiance left something to be desired. Reminds me of going to a hole in the wall NYC pizza shop. Not what you expect from a sushi restaurant.Special Features:
- C.HOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012Lots of sushi for the price and every type of roll we ordered was great! The service was great and everything came out quickly. Best Miso around.Special Features:
- Hostess was terrible but theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/24/2012Hostess was terrible but the rest of the experience was nice.Special Features:
- A great place for JapaneseMikeDined on 2/18/2012A great place for Japanese - many choices for those who don't like sushi as well as those who do. We had a large group and were easily accommodated, the wait staff is wonderful.Special Features:
- Went for Valentine's Day andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Went for Valentine's Day and really enjoyed it. Wasn't our first time and won't be our last!Special Features:
- I went to celebrate Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012I went to celebrate Valentine's Day. I liked the fact that they had a menu for the decorated for the occasion. I enjoyed their selection of sushi and especially like the ones they made based on customer request. Their prices and selection are reasonable. It seems a little cramped in there but it’s a good environment and the staff are courteous.Special Features:
- They were a little slow toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2012They were a little slow to get our rolls out, but it was Valentine's Day and we did need to be downtown for a show. Other than that, the special Valentine's Day menu was SPOT ON! It wasn't any more expensive than the other items, but really cute themed items.Special Features:
- We had reservations for aLarryDDined on 12/16/2011We had reservations for a party of six on a Friday night, and the fact that things had changed and we only were going to have five persons presented no problems at all. After being quickly seated, we were given menus and our drink orders were quickly taken and fulfilled. We ordered two appetizers - fried spring rolls and the wasabi shumai. The spring rolls had a good flavor and were light. The wasabi shumai could have been a bit more spicy, but was a favorite at the table. Both the clear and cloudy soups were ordered and eaten, and both appeared to be enjoyed by all. House salads were very fresh. Most at the table had one of the combination entrees, mine the Samarai, which was very good. Not fancy, not shiny, but a good dinner experience.
- I was definately impressed.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011I was definately impressed. I liek the mid town feel. definately a great spot for a date. had fun and I prefered the seats toward the back better for a date. great ambiance and the service and servers were great. on saturdays get there at 5 (opening). there was no need for resorvation even though I made one just in case.Special Features:
- Sekisui was a great traditionalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2011Sekisui was a great traditional Japanese restaurant. There was no hibachi grills and was purely a sit down menu affair. The sushi was just OK. I had 4 rolls all of which were very tiny compared to other places I've had rolls from. Also they really are heavy handed with the sesame oil, it seemed like every dish, including my rolls, tasted heavily of it. Our Menu for the evening: Lamb Chops Appetizer 5/5 Miso Soup 4/5 House Salad 3/5 Dynamite Roll 3/5 Spicy Tuna Roll 4/5 Eel and Shrimp Tempera Roll (Forgot name) 5/5 Spider Roll 4/5 Yakiniku (Beef and veggies) 3/5Special Features:
- I took my mom Friday night.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011I took my mom Friday night. It was her first time and she loved it. My wife and I come all of the time. Great food at a good price. Keep it upSpecial Features:
- Always outstanding food, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2011Always outstanding food, good quality and feels right for MidtownSpecial Features:
- We were immediately shownOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2011We were immediately shown to our table. The waiter eventually arrived and asked for drink orders; he quickly told me they could not fix what I requested. I said we had had it at Sekisui Pacific Rim; his immediate response was that while it was possible I was remembering correctly, each Sekisui is different, and the midtown location has absolutely nothing in common with the others but the name. His approach to waiting the table was lackadaisical at best -- bad enough that I suggested leaving after appetizers and going elsewhere for dinner. My companion insisted that we stay. Before the entrees arrived, a different server showed up -- she explained that our waiter had had to leave. Wish we'd had her all along -- she was great!
- SUSHI!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2011The Kanary roll was --[TheBomb]! Currently my favorite roll.Special Features:
- I'll be back...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2011I took my family of 5 there (for the first time) & everything we ordered was delicious & pleasing to the eye. I recommend Sekisui Midtown and I WILL be back.Special Features:
- Early Bird SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2011The Early Bird Special is such a good deal! You get soup, salad, a rainbow roll and 4 pieces of sashimi.Special Features: