Sekisui - Bartlett
2990 Kirby Whitten Road
Bartlett, TN 38134Neighborhood:
East-Bartlett / Collierville / Germantown
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Sekisui - Bartlett
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sekisuiusa.com/
- Phone: (901) 377-2727
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Sekisui - Bartlett
Sekisui Restaurants feature award winning sushi and authentic Japanese cuisine. Chefs are encouraged to show off their creativity and listen to customer’s ideas, creating sushi rolls that can’t be found anywhere else, and purists will be delighted with the exhaustive lineup of nigiri sushi - perfectly sliced fish atop a mound of seasoned rice. The restaurant’s fresh fish is flown in several times a week from locations such as Hawaii, Louisiana, and Los Angeles. There’s something to please everyone. The extensive menu covers lots of familiar Japanese cuisine territory with teriyaki, tempura and udon noodles. As it is always full of familiar faces, Sekisui is a popular neighborhood hang-out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sekisui - Bartlett reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)special occasion (3)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Friendly owner Great service YUMEatout247Dined on 9/22/2014Greeted by friendly owner. Service is really good. There was a discrepancies in pricing due to a previous erroneous offer, but they still honoured it this time. Food is great as usual. Perfect for after hours late dinner especially after my volleyball games.Special Features:
- Shrimp & steak is always amazing!theworldhadteethDined on 9/19/2014The shrimp and steak is always amazing! When I order a steak medium rare, they actually make it medium rare! That is something most restaurants get wrong. The shrimp is always incredible as well. This place is a bit pricey though. I had a $25 certificate from restaurant dot com and I still spent $75 for dinner for my wife and me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceEatout247Dined on 9/13/2014Extensive menu. Great happy hour selections. Friendly staff. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the Sekisui - Bartlett reviews archive.
- Terrible place avoid if u canBartlettneighborDined on 6/13/2014Had dinner with 2 kids. Place wax very dirty. There was food on the floor that wax not cleaned. Our table was not stable and was moving with every move. Food had tons of soy sause not delicious at all. Service was terrible. We were given only 2 menus even though there were 4 of us. Table was dirty. Had to ask for utencils. Will never go there again
- WONDERFUL NIGHT!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012Our server was WONDERFUL! I regret we forgot her name, but we will look for her as our server in the near future. The chef was top-ace. VERY entertaining combined with perfection. We ate there at Sunday night - 8:30PM - under the name Brunson. We were promptly seated, and had drinks, ordered lighting speed. The manager was VERY friendly. We'll be back soon, again we hope to get the same exact server and chef!!!Special Features:
- Go elsewhere!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012I came to this resurant with very high expectations since we frequent the Sekisui on Germantown Pkwy. WOW!!!! What a huge difference and not for the good. We should have stayed with the resurant we normally go to. My girlfriend's teryaki steak was over-cooked. The salad portions were rather small. The entire ambiance is more like an "American Sports Bar" than a Japanese sushi/habachi resturant. When the check was brought I was charged for 2 sakis, even though I ordered during happy hour 2 for 1. When I brought it to the server attention she immediately got the manager who argued with me!!! Even when I told her the server neglected to tell me that blackberry saki was not part of the 2 for 1 happy hour.
- Overall, Just not very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2012The waitress was inexperienced. She brought our soup and salad and the main course while we were still eating our appetizer. She took my husband's martini when there was still 1/3 left in he glass, he had to ask for it back. He had the Shellfish Bento Box which was plentiful and delicious. I ordered the Tuna Tataki and was extremely disappointed. I had ordered it before and it was great. This time the tuna was very small and hardly seasoned. There was no sauce on it and the 3 pieces of asparagus were small and shriveled looking. Overall, just not good. The restaraunt was very noisy. I will probably go to another Seiksui location next time.
- The service was awful. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012The service was awful. We had a drink in the bar first and it took over 8 minutes for someone to even arrive to take our drink order. Then we sat down to eat and she took our drink order and then 45 minutes later, we got our soup. We asked what took so long and she said they were slammed. I stood up and looked around and half the place was empty. I honestly think she forgot to put our order in. The service was 100% awful! We were a party of 8 so she knew she was getting a tip regardless and I think she just did not care. There were 4 former servers at our table, and we always give the benefit of the doubt and are pretty laid back, but this service was AWFUL!
- More Razzle DazzleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012My wife and I took my mother to Sekisui for an early Mother's Day dinner. It was not busy and we were seated right away. The service was good, as was the food. Our only disappointment was in the Hibachi chef. My mother had not previously seen the show the chef preform while they fix dinner and our chef was not a very good showman..We would return to the restaurant but hope for a more skilled chef if we were up for the show.
- Took my wife there for a belatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012Took my wife there for a belated Valentines Day dinner. The restaurant was busy. They were having a free sampling of a new dish causing a lot of traffic around the middle of the establishment. The food was excellent as always. They were out of the two appetizers we wanted to try. Overall, a very nice experience with just a few annoyances probably limited to the night we were there.Special Features:
- My favorite sushi restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012This is the absolute best sushi restaurant in the area. The sushi chef, Henry, is the absolute bomb! There is already a great variety of sushi on the menu, creative special rolls on the board, and willing to create a rolls based upon items you request. The sushi grade fish is always fresh and the staff is always friendly.Special Features:
- Very slow service. Not anGreatFoodAficionadoDined on 2/14/2012Very slow service. Not an apology from management.
- Has a girls night out hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2012Has a girls night out here before going to the movies across the street. Great location, good food LOVE the Washington Appletini!!! Waitress was a little less attentive than expected keeping drinks refilled for how slow the restaurant was that evening, but our Habachi cook was fun and did a great job of meeting varied diet demands. We were checked out and ready to go in plenty of time to catch our movie but we were welcomed to sit and chat until we needed to leave for the movie.Special Features:
- Everything about the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2011Everything about the food seems like low quality!! Im not go back an will sure to tell all of my friends about the terrible food and service.