39 SE 1st Ave
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://segreto.com/
- Phone: 5614652888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Rino Riccatti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Carlo Patti 5614652888
A word from Segreto
Award winning restaurant group brings classically fine-dining Italian cuisine to Boca Raton.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Segreto reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance1Noise LevelQuiet
- ClosedKLMCFPVIPDined on 5/9/2014The restaurant was closed when we arrived for our 5:00 reservation. The sign on the door said, "closed for kitchen renovations". The restaurant did not have the courtesy or decency to call and inform us of the problem.
- The restaurant had excellentAndiDined on 2/15/2014The restaurant had excellent food. However the poor service ruined the experience.
- Food deserves a 6th starOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/1/2014Absolutely top notch Italian food without the tight quarters and noise of its East Boca competitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodbabwineDined on 1/24/2014Owner/cheddar Angelo is very experienced and it shows in his delectable dishes. Just ask and he will prepare it if the food is in the kitchen. Only issue is the place needs publicity. Only 2 months old, and tucked off the main drag, not enough diners. Hopefully, word will get out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visit January 2ndOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/2/2014Pretty place. Food very good .Day after New Year.Out of many food items. Ample staff was attentive but got orders mixed up.Did not respond to requests such as asking for water.Waiters not polished. I do think overall it will work out to be a nice place.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointedUnsatisfiedDined on 12/28/2013After arriving at Segreto it took 15 minutes to get a menu. The appetizer duck prosciutto was excellent. Unfortunately it took an hour and a half to get the meal without apology from our very rude waiter. The special chicken dish was excellent but a very small portion. The Chicken Scarpiello was a bunch of tiny pieces of chicken on a bone that were mostly overcooked..The pieces that were not overcooked were quite good but most pieces were inedible. The waiter did not apologize nor did the manager take anything off the menu. We walked away walked away hungry and annoyed. We eat out all of the time and I cannot remember having an experience like this in a very long time. We do not recommend this restaurant.
- great for special occations.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2013Went for friend's anniversary. Friendly atmosphere. Not rushed.Special Features:
- IffyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2013Good enjoyable food with minor problems that need attention. The chopped salad lack everything. The Risotto was excellent, we had it as a first course. The main courses came out luke worm. The veal was delicious, but luke warm doesn't cut it. The whole Branzino was very good. Well fileted at the table, but served before the other three entrees, which as noted were luke warm and the potatoes came out way after that. We were arrived we were the only ones in there so the kitchen was not under pressure.Special Features:
- It's so nice to find a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2013It's so nice to find a restaurant where the tables AREN'T crammed in where your chair hits the chair behind you. And where te second you are seated complimentary bruschetta , cheese & fried zucchini are brought over while you peruse the menu. This is an as yet undiscovered gem. That shouldn't be for long. Try the eggplant appetizer delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointedbobbieDined on 8/24/2013We went to this restAurant last nite with friends with great expectations having eaten at Vesuvios years ago. We were extremely disappointed.the food was good,not great BUT the service was horrible. One appetizer never came, my husband ordered escarole and bean soup and it came as Just escarole and beans with no broth. One dinner was supposed to be pasta and red clam sauce, the plate came as a white sauce. At that point we had been sitting for over an hour. My friend sent it back and said forget it. And thenthe waiter brought dish back with red sauce added, UGH!! At no time did anyone from management come over to make amends and the restaurant was not busy. This is a high end establishment,we were Extremely disappointed. Will not recommend!
- NOT THE SAME RENO RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2013OUR 4TH VISIT. WE ALWAYS HAVE ENJOYED ,BUT NOT THIS TIME. THE BAR WAS OUT OF THE WINE THAT WE ORDERED ALSO THE GIN. THE SPECIAL PASTA IN THE PARMESAN WHEEL WAS SO COLD THAT IT DIDN'T MELT THE CHEESE. WHEN I ASKED TO SPEAK TO RENO, I WAS TOLD THAT HE RETIRED AND NO LONGER THERE. THIS WAS THE LAST TIME FOR US.
- Sorry you fixed the kitchenTweetypieVIPDined on 8/8/2013I was so excited to hear that Segreto reopened. Prior to this, I had given them rave reviews. I couldn't this time, The bread was stale. When i mentioned this, they said they changed the bread and rebought more bread to the table. It was toasted to hide the staleness. The complimentary zucchini was ice cold. There was nothing on the menu that my friend would eat , so she asked if they would make Chicken Francese. They said. "Yes". I ordered the same thing. My friend couldn't eat it. It had so much egg on it that we both felt that we were eating an omelet.Special Features:
- Well executed classic southernRaymondVIPDined on 6/22/2013Well executed classic southern Italian food. Very good ingredients. Portions are large so we took our vegetable side dish home and enjoyed it for dinner the next day. Waiters are well informed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Stars???? Hm......OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/15/2013I don't get all of the 5 star reviews--I suspect these are "friends". The food is ok at best---for the money, there are much better choices.
- OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2013GREAT FOOD, GREAT SERVICE, WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. WE;LL GO BACK OFTEN.Special Features:
- Segreto is a great find. wonderfullOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2013Segreto is a great find. wonderfull everything. We'll be back often.Special Features:
- First time at this wonderfulArlenDined on 6/1/2013First time at this wonderful restaurant in Boca Raton, was recommended by several individuals we know and they were correct in the recommendation. We were a group of 4 couples and had a terrific meal and wonderful services.Special Features:
- Decent FoodMmillowDined on 6/1/2013Decent food (not great). Some things work and others are just ok but you need to try Rino Vesuvio's fantastic spedini. Everything else was just ok to good.Special Features:
- Must TryDunnDined on 5/14/2013Immediately upon entrance, we were greeted and treated with first-class service. Bruschetta , block parm with aged bglaze, bread roll, all served immediately. Appetizer and both entree's were outstanding. Best Chilean Sea Bass I've ever head! Server also provided very helpful assistance selecting a perfectly matched wine. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!ChristopherDined on 5/12/2013Took my parents and sister out for Mother's Day dinner. I was very impressed with the restaurant. Here are things I liked: Service was at on top of things not too much and not too little. And very friendly..almost like you were family. The size of tables and the spacing was perfect. It made it great for a romantic and quiet dinner. The food was delicious! Appetizers, entree and dessert....all just as good. The atmosphere..perfect..back to being a great romantic dinner. Is not cheap but is well worth the price. You definitely get your money's worth here. ChristopherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy warm and inviting. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2013Cozy warm and inviting. Good food with real Italian waiters. Will go back soonI would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Giovanni great waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013Great food and friendly service. Winning combination.Special Features:
- Excellant Dining!WiscguyVIPDined on 4/6/2013Excellant food and Excellant friendly service! The quality and value of the food is top notch!Special Features:
- Lamb was overcooked...vealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/4/2013Lamb was overcooked...veal parmigiani was "just ok"....... Salad was good......
- Good food incredible noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/30/2013A solid Italian restaurant . Good food, good portions , fairly priced wine list. The downside is the incredible noise level when the place is busy. Way to loud! It made it necessary for our 4 person table to actually yell at each other to converse during our meal. Go for the good not great food but don't expect to talk to each other.Special Features:
- Service was awful. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/30/2013Service was awful. Food mediocre and orders were not correct
- A bit pricey Not a lot ofDisappointmentVIPDined on 3/27/2013A bit pricey Not a lot of specials They should advertise since nothing has made it at this location. They put a great effort into decorSpecial Features:
- We had a delicious dinner.KerbVIPDined on 3/23/2013We had a delicious dinner. It was the second time we were there. We will be back on Thursday the 28th with friends from Palm Beach.Special Features:
- segretoarlenebocaDined on 3/18/2013It is a wonderful restaurant with great food and service. They have a lot of waiters to make sure that everything goes well at your table. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our third time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013This was our third time at Segreto. This was our first Saturday night. It was quite full. Food was very good but service was terrible! Three out of 4 of us got our food at the same time. We were almost done with our meals when the 4th was served. Waiter had to be reminded about our drinks and seemed to be overwhelmed. If this was my first time I would be reluctant to go back.Special Features:
- Best place in BocaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013VGA decor plea sent ambience good dining touches attentive staff very friendly unusual for USA a real dining experience. Good food well presented excellent culinary skills our best place in Boca Only opened recently and we have enjoyed twice. Hope that it succeeds.Special Features:
- Lovely place. Wonderful service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2013Lovely place. Wonderful service. Don't miss this gemSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed the food very much.MycontentVIPDined on 3/9/2013We enjoyed the food very much.My husband said that the yellowtail was the best he has eaten.Very pretty restaurant.We will go again.Special Features:
- the service was slow at times,SunshineVIPDined on 3/9/2013the service was slow at times, I believe that was due to crowded conditions all at once. As there is no carpeting or wall pad buffering, the noise level became overpowering - we were seated in the middle of the room. The bean and escarole soup was fantastic - very much like Italy! veal piccata good - service was warm and friendly, but seemed a bit overwhelmed.Special Features:
- We would go back. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013We would go back. Food was very good and service goodSpecial Features:
- Disappointing. Food was justOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013Disappointing. Food was just ok and server could have been more friendly. Table of 4 should have been served all together. Sauces were nothing special
- Expediting issues can be fixedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013The restaurant needs a kitchen manager on top of expediting the meals more efficiently. The wait staff was confused which dishes went to which tables. Three tables complained during our visit in which one party actually left after ordering out of hunger and frustration. Our party stayed and in spite of these issues enjoyed the meal which was very good and although lacked coordination the staff was friendly but flustered most of the time. Seven to eight was their peak Saturday night time and something was very off between communication and expediting. It seems easy enough to fix with proper controls. We wish them well in their efforts,
- I am forgiving the less thanOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/1/2013I am forgiving the less than polished service to this being a very new restaurant. Our waiter was less informed than he should have been and often not to be seen. The food was fresh and tasty though from this chef we would have expected more remarkable flavor. It may have been the dishes we ordered. The side of green vegetables was quite stingy. The decor is beautiful and noise level much more pleasant than so many loud Boca restaurants. I liked the before dinner treats particularly the cheese chunks with balsamic brought around. Great touch. We'll definitely try again.
- Northern Italian dining at its bestBeachbonVIPDined on 2/28/2013A new location with a known chefs heritage. Great ambiance, menu choices, and incredible table welcoming. Welcoming includes, zucchini crisps, reggiano parmigiano chunks and great bread. Great fish and seafood specials. Snapper francaise a winner. I'm a local and we will sure return.Special Features:
- New. And welcome.good sizeLanieDined on 2/23/2013New. And welcome.good size drinks Delicious food. Worth a tripSpecial Features: