Seed Kitchen & Bar
1311 Johnson Ferry Rd
Marietta, GA 30068Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seed Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatseed.com/
- Phone: 6782146888x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 3pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 3pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - Saturday 3pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Turbush
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: none
- Private Party Facilities: Expandable semi-private area comfortably holding up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Raymond 5613392199x
- Entertainment: None
- Special Events: Wine Dinners, Cocktail Dinners, Wine Classes
A word from Seed Kitchen & Bar
Seed Kitchen & Bar is a chef driven, modern American neighborhood restaurant by Chef Doug Turbush located at Merchant's Walk in East Cobb. The expansive boutique wine program provides cherry picked wines at incredible values. Mixologists stir up vintage and modern takes on cocktails, and American and International Craft beers are on tap in this vibrant, sleek and modern setting designed by Ai3.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Seed Kitchen & Bar - Best Restaurants in Marietta ›
Seed Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
357 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (258)fit for foodies (258)special occasion (204)notable wine list (153)great for lunch (116)great for outdoor dining (103)romantic (98)hot spot (97)great for brunch (94)vibrant bar scene (93)good for groups (88)late-night find (35)kid-friendly (20)scenic view (4)Show More
- Fantastic in every way!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014We've eaten at Seed at least a dozen times, and have never had anything but exceptional food, service, drinks, and attention. We love this restaurant, as well as Stem, the wine bar next door. East Cobb has finally arrived!! No need to drive beyond the Merchants Walk area for a great night out! Rivals anything you'd find in Buckhead or Roswell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceEXCELLENTDined on 9/11/2014They make their own pasta and it was delicious! I just wish they have you more of it to enjoy! Our service was excellent. Very knowledgable and friendly! We sat on the patio in the evening and it was very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly superbOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Seed is one of our favorite East Cobb hot spots. It's located in a shopping center, but it has the atmosphere and aethetics of anything that you could find in Buckhead. I have not had anything on the menu that I didn't enjoy and the wait staff is very attentive and well versed on the selections.Special Features:
- OutstandingvalureguyDined on 9/6/2014We had a great experience at Seed for our anniversary. They were ready for us, honored our request for quiet table with a nice booth. Anniversary was often mentioned by servers, hostess, etc. Menu had "happy anniversary" with our name on it, nice touch! Server was outstanding, very personable and enthusiastic about restaurant! Food was excellent, both had special, also had great desert! A VERY nice experience on all counts.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutLiveYourDreams37Dined on 9/6/2014Seed did everything they could to make a special evening for my 4 guests and me. It started with menus printed "Happy Birthday Annie" and seating at the chef's table. Then our server, Cassie, was attentive, warm and knowledgeable. Our food was 100% perfect and beautiful on the plate. Knowing our birthday girl was vegan, a Happy Birthday plate came out with three delicious sorbets. We loved every moment of our time at Seed.Special Features:
- LUNCH WITH THE GIRLSFINEDININGCAPVIPDined on 9/6/2014My daughters and I had lunch at Seed on Saturday, September 6. We had the white sangria drink special that was quite good and very refreshing. One of my daughters had the asian fish sandwich; she said it was good, but had a little too much kick. My other daughter had the grilled cheese and tomato soup which she said was fine. The side dish of french fries was enough for two people. I had a salad with some pears on it; actully there wasn't much of it. Overall the restaurant is very pretty with a good feel, but the food is priced a bit more than I think it should be. Will probably go again since it is close.
- SuperbtwalterVIPDined on 9/4/2014Seed is nearly perfect. I won't bore you with what we ate. Everything is as close to perfect as it gets. The only issue is location. It's in East Cobb and if you don't live in East Cobb, you cannot get there from anywhere.Special Features:
- Seed never disappoints!SallybDined on 9/3/2014I always look forward to dining at Seed! The menu is interesting and unique and the food is delicious. On this visit I had a salmon salad with perfectly grilled salmon and my friends had BLTs that they loved! It is always a special occasion when I get to visit Seed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaySafaDined on 8/31/2014Kristen greeted us at the table with birthday wishes and the birthday cake was amazing. THe food was delish and I LOVE the American harvest dirty martini.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Food was delicious as always!!! So glad it's in East Cobb.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLavonlinVIPDined on 8/31/2014This was the first time I had gone to brunch at Seed. The menu choices were great. I chose Eggs Benedict with Crab. When it arrived the English muffin was burned around the edges as was the Canadian bacon. It didn't look very appetizing and the crab was tasteless. I couldn't believe this great restaurant would let a meal leave the kitchen looking like that. I think I'll stick to dinner at Seed.Special Features:
- AwesometoddnjudiDined on 8/30/2014Keith our server was great with knowledge of menu and recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place to Gather with FriendsAnnieDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful service as always, knowledgeable staff and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Terrific service from entrance to exit, again. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st visit - already a faveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Had gotten several recommendations & tried it. Service was great, the feel was a fresh and modern ambiance. Appetizers were very good, but maybe could have been a bit more generous. My wife had the pork chop, & I had a steak. Both were perfect & the sides delicious. All in all a very pleasant dining experience. We will be going back soon.Special Features:
- LOVE SeedSueZVIPDined on 8/29/2014Seed is my favorite restaurant in East Cobb. Wonderful food and wonderful service!!Special Features:
- Good but a bit pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Been here a couple times because the food is excellent. But it's an expensive night out. So we don't go all that often. I had the scallop entree which was delicious, but it was a lot closer to appetizer size than entree sized. I'm not looking for a pile of food, but some of the portion sizes could use a little adjustment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Unique & delicious!LadydiDined on 8/27/2014A little pricey for the neighborhood but worth the treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time!HungryGirlDined on 8/25/2014It was the first time I went to Seed for lunch, and I took a friend that had never been there. The requests I made at reservation were honored (that is why I love Open Table!) and she loved the restaurant. We explained we did not like spicy foods and by mistake the waiter did not know that the soup of the day was a little spicy. However before we even said anything he exchanged our soups and apologized. He gave us a very kind attention yet gave us privacy to chat and catch up. Dinner time is always busy at this great restaurant and I enjoyed that lunch is quieter, I will go back for sure !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerCamp6077Dined on 8/24/2014We walked in and when my husband gave our name we were told "Happy Anniversary" & shown to our table & presented with personalized menus with Happy Anniversary across the top. Our server was delightful & service was amazing overall. The food was beautiful! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tkthebakerVIPDined on 8/22/2014I go to Seed all the time and consider it one of my favorites in the suburbs. At this point I had only been for dinner. Lunch was a disaster. The waiter seemed frazzled, the food took over 30 min to be delivered and the waiter never came back to refill sodas or inquire about our food. I did not like my soup and did not eat it but he didn't seem to notice when we finally flagged him down to get the check. I will not go back for lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place for lunch in East Cobb!JAACHAVIPDined on 8/22/2014We so enjoy dining at Seed! Took a client their for lunch and it was delicious!! Very different and interesting menu and so fresh!! And BTW, if you want to enjoy a lovely glass of wine, try the Seed wine bar! It's fantastic!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/21/2014We have enjoyed it every time we have been--food is prepared well-service is attentive-vibrant atmosphereSpecial Features:
- A Nice FindchippieDined on 8/21/2014Better than usual for neighborhood restaurant and bar. No problem when we had to call that we were stuck in traffic. Unusual layout, but it works. Good food. Personalized service. Unfortunately for us, that rush hour traffic was a bummer from where we live. If we return it will have to be on weekends.Special Features:
- AwesomeGaryJDined on 8/20/2014We have been to Seed several times now and find it awesome for special occasions, business entertaining and sometimes just for desert after eating at other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!cpettingerDined on 8/19/2014We came here for my mothers birthday and were not disappointed. The server was very nice and knowledgeable about the menu, the main dishes were great, but some of the "Share-ables" were just alright. Also, the tres leches cake they brought out was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencelovescatsDined on 8/17/2014I met an old friend for brunch and we had a great time. The food was wonderful, our server was great and the atmosphere was very inviting.Special Features:
- 2MartinisDined on 8/17/2014I have been there several times and each time was great. The food quality is amazing and great service. I would recommend Seeds to everyone who is looking for fresh and great quality food and dining. I hope they will keep the great quality of food and hope they will not change. If you are a food snob like I'am you will really enjoy every bite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014We booked our Saturday night dinner reservation on the Tuesday prior and was only able to get an 8:30 time (we were looking for 7pm). This was already later than we preferred - and we actually weren't seated until 9pm. We didn't complain to anyone about this as we enjoyed our time in the bar before dinner, so we were surprised when management sent our table two complimentary appetizers and an apology for the delay in being seated. In addition, two amazing desserts were sent complimentary as well. The service was 5 star! Everyone at the table enjoyed their meal as well - catch of the day, scallops, a special and a vegetarian plate. Will definitely go back and recommend - even without the complimentary apps and desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, Great, GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Could not ask for better. From confirming reservations to saying good night and thanks for coming as we went out the door, it was first-class.Special Features:
- CONSISTENTLY "TERRIFIC"PeachVIPDined on 8/16/2014Even though this time we were celebrating a birthday, it always seems like a celebration when we dine at Seed. Zaheer took excellent care of us, and Poulk, as always, was the perfect host. The entire staff is professional but very friendly. The food is always delicious and presented beautifully.Special Features:
- Amazing. One of the best meals everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Must try chicken schnitzel and caramelized Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef ownedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014I love places where the chef is very involved in all aspects. Great food, great drinks, great service. Wine list has several best-buy bottles. Modern atmosphere could use some sound dampening. I did have some difficulty hearing at my table (maybe I'm getting old).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beenthereDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful restaurant. Owner is always visible & ensures you are enjoying the food & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Food & ServiceTulips7VIPDined on 8/15/2014What a gem to find this top notch Restuarant in our connecting neighborhood. When you walk inside the place is very open and does not feel crowded. It is very light and airy. The food amazing, tasting all the flavors in each bite. Can't say enough about the service- all the staff help in small ways that provide that added touch. Our server was very professional, knowledgable about the food and drinks. He also was very conversational but not over the top. We asked questions and he did not feel rushed. Seed is one of our favorite jewels that we like to share with friends when suggesting an upscale, yet casual, fun atmosphere to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Big DisappointmentjpergDined on 8/13/2014I preordered a bottle of wine so that upon arrival it would be brought to the table (Server asked if we wanted to order cocktails) As he poured the wine it dripped on the table, daughters glass had something in it so hers had to be replaced with wine from the bar. We ordered the fish special that came out nothing like it was described vegetables were both over & under cooked in addition it was so salty we sent it back and replaced it with a glass of water. The vegetable plate was described as served with grains that was not present.Special Features:
- Above and beyond!MrsLocklairDined on 8/12/2014I made a note when I made my reservation about it being my husband's 34th Birthday. I wasn't expecting much other than maybe a dessert, but really wasn't expecting that. I was absolutely blown away! The person that sat us told my husband, "Happy Birthday, sir." When we got settled I noticed at the top of the menu it said, "Happy 34th Birthday Mr. Locklair!" The entire dinner was amazing and then they brought out a delicious Tres Leches with fresh berries and wrote "Happy Birthday" in chocolate. We will for sure visit this restaurant again! Every time the server spoke to us he called us Mr & Mrs Locklair...being newly married it made me feel good also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch needs to equal dinnerdotters2013Dined on 8/12/2014Maybe because it's lunch not dinner, but the service was really slow. The food, of course was as great as it usually is (the lunch special pleased my hubby), chicken was terrific and the ravioli, but the service... Really, if you're there for a business lunch or need to get out in an hour, this couldn't happen. (The restaurant wasn't full, so?????)Special Features:
- Amazing Dining!yummyATLfoodsVIPDined on 8/11/2014Had dinner with my sister in this tucked away restaurant I only found because of my Opentable app. From beginning to end, just a fantastic experience. Our server, Zahir, was so great - gave awesome recommendations and attentive to our table but never overpowering the vibe of the dinner. My sister got the catch of the day, I got a salad and we split the special appetizer. We had a red blend for our wine and capped the meal with some coffee and the banana dessert. Absolutely amazing dining experience and well worth the price. Zahir gave great recommendations but with an ever-evolving menu, I doubt there's a bad bite in the place.Special Features:
- ChrisSafaDined on 8/9/2014We sat at the bar and Chris he waited on us. He was great and we really enjoyed our martinis with American Harvest vodka and the special dinner and appetizers that we ordered:)Special Features: