Seed Kitchen & Bar
1311 Johnson Ferry Rd
Marietta, GA 30068Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seed Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatseed.com/
- Phone: 6782146888x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 3pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 3pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - Saturday 3pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Turbush
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: none
- Private Party Facilities: Expandable semi-private area comfortably holding up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Raymond 5613392199x
- Entertainment: None
- Special Events: Wine Dinners, Cocktail Dinners, Wine Classes
A word from Seed Kitchen & Bar
Seed Kitchen & Bar is a chef driven, modern American neighborhood restaurant by Chef Doug Turbush located at Merchant's Walk in East Cobb. The expansive boutique wine program provides cherry picked wines at incredible values. Mixologists stir up vintage and modern takes on cocktails, and American and International Craft beers are on tap in this vibrant, sleek and modern setting designed by Ai3.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Seed Kitchen & Bar - Best Restaurants in Marietta ›
Seed Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
314 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (241)neighborhood gem (232)special occasion (183)notable wine list (147)hot spot (102)great for lunch (95)great for outdoor dining (89)romantic (84)good for groups (83)vibrant bar scene (79)great for brunch (73)late-night find (33)kid-friendly (19)scenic view (3)Show More
- Chef ownedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014I love places where the chef is very involved in all aspects. Great food, great drinks, great service. Wine list has several best-buy bottles. Modern atmosphere could use some sound dampening. I did have some difficulty hearing at my table (maybe I'm getting old).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beenthereDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful restaurant. Owner is always visible & ensures you are enjoying the food & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Food & ServiceTulips7VIPDined on 8/15/2014What a gem to find this top notch Restuarant in our connecting neighborhood. When you walk inside the place is very open and does not feel crowded. It is very light and airy. The food amazing, tasting all the flavors in each bite. Can't say enough about the service- all the staff help in small ways that provide that added touch. Our server was very professional, knowledgable about the food and drinks. He also was very conversational but not over the top. We asked questions and he did not feel rushed. Seed is one of our favorite jewels that we like to share with friends when suggesting an upscale, yet casual, fun atmosphere to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Big DisappointmentjpergDined on 8/13/2014I preordered a bottle of wine so that upon arrival it would be brought to the table (Server asked if we wanted to order cocktails) As he poured the wine it dripped on the table, daughters glass had something in it so hers had to be replaced with wine from the bar. We ordered the fish special that came out nothing like it was described vegetables were both over & under cooked in addition it was so salty we sent it back and replaced it with a glass of water. The vegetable plate was described as served with grains that was not present.Special Features:
- Above and beyond!MrsLocklairDined on 8/12/2014I made a note when I made my reservation about it being my husband's 34th Birthday. I wasn't expecting much other than maybe a dessert, but really wasn't expecting that. I was absolutely blown away! The person that sat us told my husband, "Happy Birthday, sir." When we got settled I noticed at the top of the menu it said, "Happy 34th Birthday Mr. Locklair!" The entire dinner was amazing and then they brought out a delicious Tres Leches with fresh berries and wrote "Happy Birthday" in chocolate. We will for sure visit this restaurant again! Every time the server spoke to us he called us Mr & Mrs Locklair...being newly married it made me feel good also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch needs to equal dinnerdotters2013Dined on 8/12/2014Maybe because it's lunch not dinner, but the service was really slow. The food, of course was as great as it usually is (the lunch special pleased my hubby), chicken was terrific and the ravioli, but the service... Really, if you're there for a business lunch or need to get out in an hour, this couldn't happen. (The restaurant wasn't full, so?????)Special Features:
- Amazing Dining!yummyATLfoodsVIPDined on 8/11/2014Had dinner with my sister in this tucked away restaurant I only found because of my Opentable app. From beginning to end, just a fantastic experience. Our server, Zahir, was so great - gave awesome recommendations and attentive to our table but never overpowering the vibe of the dinner. My sister got the catch of the day, I got a salad and we split the special appetizer. We had a red blend for our wine and capped the meal with some coffee and the banana dessert. Absolutely amazing dining experience and well worth the price. Zahir gave great recommendations but with an ever-evolving menu, I doubt there's a bad bite in the place.Special Features:
- ChrisSafaVIPDined on 8/9/2014We sat at the bar and Chris he waited on us. He was great and we really enjoyed our martinis with American Harvest vodka and the special dinner and appetizers that we ordered:)Special Features:
- Food and service was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We for the hanger steak and pork chop. The food was excellent. Also tried the cornbread for a starter. Can't go wrong! Our waitress was friendly as well. Great option if you live in the south Cobb area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Five StarRaguDined on 8/7/2014Want to hot a home run when taking important clients or food lovers out to experience excellent fodd, wine and service .... Let me plant a Seed, always select this restaurant.Special Features:
- Farm to table spectacular food!!FifiDined on 8/6/2014Dinner, lunch, brunch, wine and small plates...all fantastic and consistent experiences. Wonderful for special occasions. Print personalized menus for your occasion. Look forward to every visit without driving out of East Cobb.Special Features:
- Great Service and FoodLindaVIPDined on 8/5/2014Energetic atmosphere inside - patio is great this time of year for dining or cocktail's and much less noise. Management is very attentive to the guest and run a tight ship with the staff. Will go back often!Special Features:
- foodieRNfoodieRNDined on 8/5/2014Great service! Ordered the special pan seared pollock on a bed of roasted cauliflower and brussels sprouts. The fish was dry and there was no sauce on the dish. My husband ordered filet with grilled asparagus. Meat was well cooked but the sauce with the asparagus was not good. Overall the experience was good but next time I would just do drinks and apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIAL TREATMENTJanceccVIPDined on 8/3/2014We dined at Seed to celebrate our daughter coming home from NYC after a year working there. Not only did we receive personalized menus that said, "Welcome Home, Katey", the food and service were impeccable. It was one of the best experiences we have had at this terrific restaurant. We were about to leave when a spectacular dessert came out. We were full, but it was worth every bite of indulgence. Thanks for a memorable evening, Seed Kitchen and Bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss it!Erroll3Dined on 8/2/2014First visit to this great restaurant. Can hold its own with the best restaurants in the Atlanta area. Should be on your "must dine there" list. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special NightTaitterDined on 8/2/2014Recently my friends Hans and Crystal suffered a devastating miscarriage followed by a death of a close family member. Overall it had just been a very bad month for them. The day Crystal got back from her grandfather's funeral was also their four year anniversary. I then hatched a plan to created a beautiful evening for them. I emailed the restaurant, which Chrystal had been wanting to go to, and promptly got a response back from Chris McNiell. He and his team helped me arrange a wonderful night which my friends described as "a light in a dark month". I planned everything from wine to dessert, every course, and paid the bill all from the comfort of my own home. I would say more but I am out of characters!Special Features:
- Seed is awesomefashfamilyVIPDined on 8/2/2014We keep coming back, even though it's a 30 minute drive to Seed for us, because the food is wonderful. Every attention to detail is paid, the food is consistently good, and the experiences change with the menu. You can't go wrong with the crispy calamari, hickory smoked and grilled pork chop, and the tres leches cake. We love this place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014Loved everything we ordered but our service was inattentive to the point of the ridiculous!! Such a shame that the chefs efforts are not matched with good service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Delightful -- the food and service at Seed are consistently impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed after eating hereLocaldinerDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten at Seed numerous times and I have to say that the food and service seem to be going downhill. The food is extremely salty!!!! Everything is salted to death. And the service this time was below par. The waiter acted bored or irritated I'm not sure which. I really don't think we will be back which is unfortunate since the first couple times we ate there we loved the food and the service. But that was a couple years ago.
- Just wonderful!!marciabradyDined on 8/1/2014We were seated immediately. All staff were on their toes. Our server was extraordinary. He never left us wanting for anything. Meticulously answered all menu questions. And the food. It was incredible. All four of our party thoroughly enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a fantastic restaurant!!YumEDined on 8/1/2014Every detail of our experience was above our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another awesome evening at Seed.App4UDined on 7/30/2014This is our nth trip to Seed. We had a couple of good friends join us. They are well-traveled foodies. We had cocktails and a three course meal. Our friends were completely impressed with this restaurant. You cannot go wrong with any meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreUnderwhelmingDined on 7/30/2014The good things: we had a reservation at 6:15pm and we were seated at 6:15pm, our waiter was very informative and recommended some really good drinks, our waters were always full, most of the food had good flavor. The bad things: the portion sizes were embarrassingly small! My scallops were the size of quarters (5 of them for $25!) my 6 oysters were so small I could not even see them ($15!) and my wife's filet was the size of a frozen mini pancake ($30!), my wife's side of squash was literally squash and butter - no salt nor pepper, my wife went outside to call our babysitter while I went to the bathroom and I had half of a drink left and when I returned the table was cleared and there went my drink - they were very eager to get rid of us.Special Features:
- ITP dining in East CobbsubburbaniteDined on 7/29/2014Great menu of farm-to-table traditional American fare served by a knowledgeable waitstaff and paired with an impressive wine list and craft beer menu. Tucked away on the end cap of a strip center in East Cobb, once you walk in the front door you are magically transported to midtown by an atmosphere and menu that is decidedly ITP. Great experience without the drive or having to pay for parking. Friendly staff that are serious about serving an exceptional meal. I reserved a table on a Tuesday night (my wife's birthday, didn't want to risk it) and was glad I did because the were on a 45 min wait at 7:15 when we arrived. ON A TUESDAY! PS. They had a "happy birthday" menu for my wife when we arrived, very classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seed is greatIntlgranolagirlDined on 7/27/2014Great service, always friendly staff & management. But most of all delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keath was amazingAskForKeathDined on 7/27/2014Our server, Keath, really took our dining experience to the next level. Food was outstanding! Unfortunately, my soup bowl was pilfered from our table before I could lick it clean. That was probably for the best though. I would like to see a few more sauvignon blanc options on the menu next time though.Special Features:
- AmazinglionheartDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I loved our dining experience at Seed. We were a little hesitant driving up to East Cobb instead of dining in Midtown/Buckhead, but we were pleasantly surprised by the food. This is a great restaurant to try out - everything we ordered was very good. We will definitely be coming back. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very good as usualtomohiroDined on 7/26/2014The service was excellent as has been. The food was good but one of meals, special seafood dish was salty which was not normal in this kitchen.Special Features:
- Consistently Wonderful!!PeachVIPDined on 7/26/2014Seed has mastered the formula for being our favorite: great food, professional and friendly waitstaff, impressive wine list!! As always, Poulk was the perfect host, and Keith took very good care of us. We simply love the experience of dining at Seed.Special Features:
- East Cobb's #1BOOODined on 7/25/2014Seed has been in East Cobb awhile, and it is still by far the best.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014Visiting Atlanta for business and stopped in here with my boyfriend on a free night. Absolutely delicious food, outstanding service, and great wine and cocktail list. There were a ton of specials because the menu changes based on seasonality and there is a large focus on the use of local ingredients. It's out in a suburb of Atlanta, but worth the drive from the city in my opinion!Special Features:
- Lovely at lunch,unlovely at dinner.SunflowerDined on 7/24/2014We have enjoyed previous lunch visits but found quite a different experience this time at dinner. Service was friendly but slow. They need more servers at dinner time when the restaurant is packed. My white fish (similar to cod, but can't remember exactly what it was) was excellent...fresh, moist and flaky. It was served with roasted Brussels sprouts and cauliflower which would have been delicious had they not been charred beyond recognition and drowned in an overpowering salty liquid. In short, the food quality was excellent, but seasoning was so heavy I couldn't enjoy the meal. We will likely return only for lunch when the kitchen and serving staff are not so overwhelmed. (The hostess is a jewel...super nice and accommodating.)Special Features:
- Never DisappointsLisaDinesDined on 7/23/2014We started next door at Stem for a flight of wine. Considered staying and eating small plates but Seed was too much to resist. Started out with the Pimento Cheese and Country Ham Crostini. They were so good. I am going to make my own version subsituting prosciutto for the ham at home. Next I had the Hake over roasted cauliflower and broccoli finished with a citrus sauce. The flavors blended beautifully and I finished every last bite. My friend had the scallops over risotto, which is always on the mark. For dessert, we had the Tres Leche. It was the perfect ending to another great meal at Seed. Wish we had a couple more fine dining options in East Cobb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable . . . .CharlesDined on 7/23/2014First time @ Seed. Vibrant, friendly knowledgeable waiter, excellent food, good wine.Special Features:
- Love Seed!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014We can always count on Seed for a wonderful meal. We loved all the specials and it was a great night to celebrate. Thank you for a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too little for too muchStanVIPDined on 7/23/2014While East Cobb deserves to finally have a destination restaurant, SEED was a little much. When four hushpuppies cost $8.00 and some (not all of them) of the salads are barely three mouthfuls, it makes me think of other fine dining places that are more generous. It is a bit too pretentious. Hopefully, they will get feedback and settle into things.
- Excellent First Time ExperienceMDDWHappyDined on 7/23/2014We met another couple at Seed for an early dinner. The service from beginning to end was excellent with just the right amount of attention from our knowledgeable waiter. He made excellent recommendations and we enjoyed the hanger steak special, scallops and the exceptional burgers. True to the description, the steak melted in your mouth and the scallops were perfectly seared. Our cocktails were delicious, however, the two martini's were a short pour. We finished the meal by sharing the warm chocolate chip cookie and ice cream-perfection.Special Features:
- Consistently awesome!AEJ472Dined on 7/20/2014Superb dining experience. We have tried other metro area restaurants but none measure up to Seed Kitchen and Bar. It is an East Cobb gem.Special Features:
- Bright, chic, trendyCarolinaDined on 7/20/2014Smiles and greetings - what more can one want. Easy to read menu, quick service, excellent food, nice presentation, attentive wait staff. Clean sparkling restrooms. Modern décor. Loved the vegetable omelet with fresh fruit. Diners of all ages. Non-crowded seating. Sunday brunch here is worth the 30 minute drive.Special Features: