Seed Kitchen & Bar
1311 Johnson Ferry Rd
Marietta, GA 30068Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seed Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatseed.com/
- Phone: 6782146888x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 3pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 3pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - Saturday 3pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Turbush
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: none
- Private Party Facilities: Expandable semi-private area comfortably holding up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Raymond 5613392199x
- Entertainment: None
- Special Events: Wine Dinners, Cocktail Dinners, Wine Classes
A word from Seed Kitchen & Bar
Seed Kitchen & Bar is a chef driven, modern American neighborhood restaurant by Chef Doug Turbush located at Merchant's Walk in East Cobb. The expansive boutique wine program provides cherry picked wines at incredible values. Mixologists stir up vintage and modern takes on cocktails, and American and International Craft beers are on tap in this vibrant, sleek and modern setting designed by Ai3.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Seed Kitchen & Bar - Best Restaurants in Marietta ›
Seed Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
359 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (261)neighborhood gem (259)special occasion (205)notable wine list (155)great for lunch (115)great for outdoor dining (106)romantic (99)hot spot (97)great for brunch (95)vibrant bar scene (93)good for groups (89)late-night find (35)kid-friendly (20)scenic view (4)Show More
- SplendidWahoo2112Dined on 7/17/2014As usual, Seed met and then exceeded our expectations. The service was attentive, friendly and professional. The food was fantastic. Scallops were perfectly seared aand fresh, the smoked pork chops tender and flavorful and the skirt steak perfectly cooked. They even made a special cake and printed personal menus for my daughter's birthday. These are the reasons we never hesitate to visit Seed and it remains one of our favorite restaurants in all the Atlanta area. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceReturnAgainDined on 7/16/2014Lucky to a "hip" restaurant in the suburbs. Staff has always been courteous , food is excellent along with a nice outdoor patioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in townfoodloverDined on 7/16/2014Every time we go to Seed it is a wonderful experience. The hostess is so friendly and accomodating. The servers are interested in your choices and needs and very pleasant and the menu items are delicious and just the right amount. Every item is fresh and healthy. Just a great place and we have taking many people them and given gift certificates to some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seed Impresses once againTimstevensVIPDined on 7/15/2014I have been to Seed many times and it seems each time I go the experience is better! The new menu is fantastic and the cocktails are some of the best in the city. We asked for suggestions for wine and the GM came over and recommended a Malbec that was by far the best I have ever had. If you have not been to Seed, GO! If you haven’t been recently, GO BACK SOON… Keep up the great work management and staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go - toCDogDined on 7/14/2014There is nothing in the area that even comes close to Seed. In fact, I'd venture to say there are few restaurants in Atlanta, period, that are any better. And we just feel so comfortable at Seed. Good job on training your wait staff, Seed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysbusidinerVIPDined on 7/14/2014We tried the fish sandwich for dinner this trip for a light alternative. It was excellent. Great service as always. One of our favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceTownscdDined on 7/14/2014I took my girlfriend and her father here after reading excellent reviews on Open Table, and I was not disappointed. Our server was polite and well spoken, his knowledge of the menu was good, and his wine service was excellent. The restaurant itself has strong menu, and the wine list is robust. An added plus are ratings from various wine reviews for their wines by the bottle. We chose the "Entity" by John Duval and it was superb. Dinner was well paced and their serving sizes are just right. Overall I would highly recommend this restaurant as the food and wine were delicious, the ambiance comfortable, and the price fit both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's Birthday DinnerBryanSDined on 7/13/2014I took my wife and two other couples to Seed Kitchen & Bar for my wife's birthday. Requested the Chef's table which they reserved for us with no charge. Great experience from the custom printed menus to incredible food to the outstanding service. Everyone's meal was exactly as ordered and the food quality was amazing just as it was during the two prior visits for my wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePickyEaterDined on 7/13/2014Very good, different, and interesting dishes from all sections of the menu. The service is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, fresh foodthemommyrocksDined on 7/13/2014Seed is really good. The food is so fresh and seasonal. The service was great. And they have a really nice patio.Special Features:
- Another great experience at Seed!bobdylanDined on 7/13/2014My first time at brunch was a great dining experience. I come in and expect great things every time and every time they over deliver. Karina our server was very helpful and great at making recommendations. Food, wine, and cocktails all equally as outstanding, as always. Thanks again Seed for being East Cobb's gem. No one else in the neighborhood does it like you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie99Dined on 7/12/2014ahmazing!!! Thanks for a great time, again! What can I say? I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentDisappointedDined on 7/12/2014The title says it all!! We were celebrating a birthday. They made it very special.Special Features:
- Consistently AwesomeASweedenDined on 7/11/2014Seed never disappoints. First time in for lunch after many dinners. Loved the laid back atmosphere of a late lunch. The soup/salad/sandwich combo - which changes often, if not daily - provides the perfect amount of food for this time of day.Special Features:
- Great Food and Amazing ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014The entire experience was amazing. They custom-printed menus for our anniversary. The food was so delicious. Our server went above and beyond.Special Features:
- Superb as usualTCD1210Dined on 7/9/2014Our anniversary dinner at Seed was fabulous. Wonderful food, terrific wine and incredible service. What else can you ask for? A customized menu wishing us a happy anniversary! Best of the best in East Cobb. Worth the trip from just about anywhere.Special Features:
- Cannot Wait to Go Backfoodie99Dined on 7/8/2014Loved everything about my meal at Seed. I haven't stopped talking about it and cannot wait to go back. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great spot for special occasion!!!enjoyinggoodfoodDined on 7/8/2014We enjoyed our meal at Seed very much. The service was excellent and the hospitality inviting. This is the second time we have been with you and will probably come again sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cut AboveplayrideDined on 7/7/2014Bypass all the chain restaurants that dot East Cobb and head to Seed for service and food that is unrivaled in the county. Great seasonal tastes combined with friendly and attentive staff make any meal here a memorable occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS TERRIFIC!!PeachVIPDined on 7/6/2014How can a diner go wrong: great food, fantastic service, contemporary ambience--all add up to a delightful dinner at Seed!!Special Features:
- Service Needs TweekingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2014This was our fourth trip to Seed and we brought a couple that had not been there before. We had 7:15 reservations and when we arrived the hostess said it would be a moment while they arranged a table. There were at least 5 tables that were ready at the time. When I walked back up a few minutes later the same hostess said "Do you have a reservation?", not even recognizing me from 5 minutes earlier. One of our party ordered a drink that was forgotten by the waiter and two salads that were described as including peaches, pecans, and blueberries that arrived as a tomato salad. He said he was mistaken when he originally described the salad. The food at Seed continues to be wonderful. The service just needs some minor adjusting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JulietDined on 7/5/2014My family went here for my birthday dinner, as I had heard it was a really good restaurant. The food was really good, and the wine/beer selection was great as well. My favorite thing was the chocolate chunk cookie skillet for dessert... to die for!Special Features:
- Seed Killed it Friday!TomcatVIPDined on 7/3/2014Everything was spot on! Oysters, pork pappardelle, Switchback Ridge Petite Sirah and killer service! Great gem for East Cobb and well worth the drive for foodies OTP!Special Features:
- Ladies Who LunchBurBunnyDined on 7/3/2014Found this gem doing a neighborhood lunch prior to a business meeting... and glad I did! While clearly dominated by ladies during the lunch hour (and women are catered to, with purse hooks brought to the table if appropriate and built into the bar), businessmen definitely not out-of-place. Just be aware that the service pacing at lunch is more leisurely and not focused on a 60-minute time frame. However, every minute spent here is worth it! Menu is varied, fresh, innovative and changing. The soup, sandwich and salad special trio at $12 is an outstanding value. Artisanal drinks (alcoholic or non) are lovely! Definitely a restaurant which will become a favorite. Can't wait to try the Sunday brunch and dinners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy of Anniversary CelebrationcmcbDined on 6/30/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary with a special dinner. Couldn't have asked for better than at Seed! The fish was delicious and prepared with just the right accoutrements. Our server was extremely knowledgeable, quick with recommendations, and came around just often enough to quietly fill our water glasses. The complimentary dessert was really special, too. The tables were a little close together, so we could definitely overhear neighbor's conversations, but hanging curtains certainly helped contain the noise and define the space. Enjoyed sitting close to the kitchen to watch what was coming out. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Woderful eveningtomohiroDined on 6/30/2014We completely enjoyed food and services. Will eat at Seed for next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2014perfect food, wine and staff. A completely enjoyable evening, as always.Special Features:
- Great Service, Great FoodRestRateBKDined on 6/29/2014From the moment you walk in the door you are greeted with exceptional service, friendlines, and made to feel like a valued guest. Setting is casual - perfect for a mid-week meal, but the experience feels like this special find of a restaurant should include a lovely piece of soft white fabric with a high thread count and silky sheen along with heavy, quality cutlery. While the setting and atmosphere say "Diner", the extraordinarily good food derived from local markets and 5 star service screams "Top Restaurant In Atlanta". Don't miss this special spot, very reasonably priced and totally worth going back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014I would recommend to everybody! Love this place! Pauk is wonderful, as is the entire staff. The food is to die for.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014This restaurant has now made my top 5 favorite in the city (all of Atlanta!). The menu had so many inspired, yummy sounding dishes that I'd like to try so it was very hard to choose! Their wine list was excellent - I especially loved that they gave notes on each wine which really helped to ensure I tried all the right ones. We chose this restaurant for our anniversary dinner so I made sure to put that in the Opentable res notes and I am glad I did. Every staff member along the way wished us a happy anniversary, they had customized our menus to say happy anniversary, and they even brought out a special complimentary dessert that had a candle & said happy anniversary, top notch! We had a wonderful experience & will be back!Special Features:
- SnsnVIPDined on 6/28/2014Seed is always consistent.....delicious food prepared in unique ways with layers of flavors and textures. Great sides and desserts too. So glad to have this Gem in our area! You don't have to go to "midtown" to find this quality!Special Features:
- Strip Mall in the 'Burbs?DatenightDined on 6/28/2014Once you walk in and get seated in this East Cobb spot you quickly forget you are in a strip mall in the 'burbs. Clean, modern dining and bar with top notch menu, where is seems you could not order a so-so item from it. Everything was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in the OTPTTOLANDVIPDined on 6/28/2014This was our 2nd visit and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal, and our waitress (Kristin). When we are attending the Atlanta Lyric Theatre performances, we have enjoyed finding this jewel in the Whole Foods Merchants Walk shopping plaza.Special Features:
- Always a great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2014Seed can certainly hold its own against its larger competitors in Atlanta. The executive chef certainly has the experience and talent to make Seed work, and it does. Every time. We had the pimiento crostinos (excellent!), chicken schnitzel (always great), and the special white sangria (very good). Service is always very good; they seem to hire good staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a 4 - 5 Star ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2014What a great place we have in East Cobb!! Food is always good. Atmosphere is always intimate but there is a swift pace if you look around.Special Features:
- Local treatChrisVIPDined on 6/25/2014Fresh, seasonal/local ingredients, well prepared. Brought friends from out of town and they really enjoyed it. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Palatal pleasure!App4UDined on 6/24/2014We made a last minute dinner reservation and may have been the last ones in for a late dinner. Javier waited on us, providing an educated and well informed run down of the dishes. I had the special : Halibut on a bed of seasonal vegetables - the best Halibut ever. Done to perfection. The produce used is so fresh and I had a wine pairing that was perfect with the meal. The desserts were subtle and sophisticated - a perfect end to the evening. Try and snag a seat next to the candles. Never though of pairing candle aroma with food but a great experience. Noise level depends on other diners and varied but layout and ambience was welcoming.Special Features:
- A great find outside the perimeterwilapDined on 6/24/2014I continue to have wonderful dinners here. Myself and a number of friends have been delighted with the whole restaurant. The regular menu and the specials have all been very pleasing. We have yet to try a dish we did not like. Very friendly service during multiple visits. The prices are reasonable compared to a number of other Atlanta area restaurants. Their Tres Leches dessert is a favorite of mine.Special Features:
- Special Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2014Thank you for making our anniversary a special one! I booked the reservation through Open Table and noted that it was my anniversary. Without prompting, Seed printed a personalized menu and congratulated us several times. The food was delicious - great menu and a great list of specials - and they were happy to accommodate modifications.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/23/2014Service at lunch was very disappointing. Multiple excuses - first the kitchen and then the waiter. Lunch service is always slow - I've been multiple times, but this was the worst.