Seed Kitchen & Bar
1311 Johnson Ferry Rd
Marietta, GA 30068Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seed Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatseed.com/
- Phone: (678) 214-6888
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 3pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 3pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - Saturday 3pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Turbush
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: none
- Private Party Facilities: Expandable semi-private area comfortably holding up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Raymond 5613392199x
- Entertainment: None
- Special Events: Wine Dinners, Cocktail Dinners, Wine Classes
A word from Seed Kitchen & Bar
Seed Kitchen & Bar is a chef driven, modern American neighborhood restaurant by Chef Doug Turbush located at Merchant's Walk in East Cobb. The expansive boutique wine program provides cherry picked wines at incredible values. Mixologists stir up vintage and modern takes on cocktails, and American and International Craft beers are on tap in this vibrant, sleek and modern setting designed by Ai3.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Seed Kitchen & Bar - Best Restaurants in Marietta ›
Seed Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
294 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (231)neighborhood gem (210)special occasion (148)notable wine list (138)hot spot (91)great for lunch (84)good for groups (79)vibrant bar scene (73)romantic (72)great for outdoor dining (70)great for brunch (67)late-night find (29)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (2)Show More
- O-M-GoodnessPresidentsDadDined on 11/23/2014Wow. If you are a foodie and haven't been to Seed....you aren't a foodie. EVERYTHING we have has a Seed (we've been there tr==three times) has been INCREDIBLE!! The appetizers we have had...white corn git fritters, chicken tacos, pimento cheese fritters!! For entrées we have had the local mixed greens salads, the pork chop (OH MY), the pan seared char (woot) and the soy braised short ribs (oh yeah!!). For dessert we have had the peanut butter chocolate toasted banana ice cream dessert, the tres leches cake, the strawberry gelato, the cookie/ice cream fudge and the pumpkin creme brule with ginger snaps! Awesome! This place rocks, I suspect everything on the menu is impeccable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchWileyDined on 11/23/2014I took friends to Seed for Sunday brunch to celebrate my friend's birthday. Brunch was awesome and service was excellent. They gave us menus that had Happy Birthday with my friend's name on them . Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureIntlgranolagirlDined on 11/22/2014Bill, the server and Paulk, the manager were great. I expect nothing less since I've never even had the slightest negative experience here. Great food, non invasive service, a smooth operation. Love Seed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Solid BetAdrianVIPDined on 11/16/2014There are a lot of dishes that taste amazing on the brunch menu. The interior gets excellent lighting, which really complements the decor nicely. The service is sometimes a little slow and some waiters may lack experience at times, but it's really nothing to complain much about. This is easily a recommendable spot to dine out, featuring a casual but high class dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodFoxpauseVIPDined on 11/12/2014Another great feed at Seed. The only thing that marred the evening was the laugh of one of the patrons who we hope was not the designated driver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrations are a must here!1HomegurlspoilsherBFDined on 11/9/2014Online, I reserved two seats for Sunday brunch for my boyfriend's birthday. (Little did I know, we'd be treated like guests of honor.) As soon as we walked in, we were greeted by the sweetest little hostess, who was beyond prepared for my "birthday experience" request. She wished my boyfriend a very heartfelt birthday, and walked us to our seats. The restaurant made custom menu's that wished him a happy birthday. (We even got to keep them as mementos! Well....it's not like they were going to use them again. But still!) Our waiter was so kind, and again wished my boyfriend happy birthday immediately. Some other staff members did so also as they walked by. Our food was beyond great; cooked to perfection! The drinks, the signature bloody mary & specialty beers, were insanely good. At the end of our meal, they brought out a surprise, on the house, tres leches cake. My boyfriend, who is normally not a fan of that type of cake, could not stop eating it! I was so impressed I immediately started sharing the experience with everyone and have been suggesting it to all of my friends. When you have a place & staff that goes above and beyond, it makes a lasting impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Natural VibeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014Food is good but pricy and small in portions. Nice place for a highend snack, not the place to go for dinner or if you are really hungry.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceNightout1Dined on 11/8/2014We did a ladies night out at Seed based on it being highly recommended. The food and service were great. It is a little noisy but that adds to it. We were celebrating a birthday and they actually printed off a celebratory menu with the name of our party on it - nice touch! Highly recommend having a glass of wine at Stem next door if you're early. It's the same list as what they have at Seed, but different atmosphere and you get a chance to learn about the wine from their very knowledgable staff. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal at SeedUnhappyDinerDined on 11/8/2014We recently dined at Seed again and were not disappointed. Our food and drinks were great but best of all was our server, Keith who was superb. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- a great experiencemspjbanksDined on 11/8/2014Food was great, as was the service. Ask for Patrick he does a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best in neighborhood and beyondricksaysDined on 11/8/2014Great to see this high quality restaurant in outlying metro area that is as good as many highly rated downtown eateries. Clearly in the top 25 in the Atlanta area.Special Features:
- Love this placePhoenixnupeDined on 11/8/2014In my opinion this is the best restaurant in the metro area. The service is impeccable, the wine list is extensive and pairs well with most any dishes on the menu. The staff is prompt and genuinely care about your experience. Overall a great place for a date, fine dining or meeting friends for a night out. Outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!PeachVIPDined on 11/5/2014This particular evening, we had the Anniversary dinner Seed was offering. Our dinners were absolutely scrumptuous; our ever-professional and friendly waitperson, Keith, took great care of us; and Paulk, as always, was the perfect host. What a great restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love seed!!KhaluaverseVIPDined on 11/4/2014The food and service is top of the line. I am not a foodie but I turn into one when I eat this chefs food!! The best chef in the city in my opinion! Everything is on point: service, atmosphere, food, drinks and dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LulubellDined on 11/4/2014All four meals were outstanding! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- email@example.comDined on 11/4/2014we went for the 3rd anniversary pri fix menu and were rally impressed. Everything was delicious and the serving sizes were more than ample. Our server paired wines with each course and was dead on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent dinner, great service. Definitely will go back. The salmon was outstanding! My husband had swordfish, which he loved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We tried SEED for the first time as a birthday dinner and it was wonderful! Food was solid - not fussy with great (appropriate) portions. Our service was impeccable and the server was very friendly, but not overbearing. We will be back and will definitely recommend it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My husband and I have dined here a few times and we have always had a wonderful experience. We brought my mother who was visiting from out of town and she was blown away with the food and service. I usually get the scallops but decided to go for something different and ordered the short rib....WOW...it was incredible. Its so nice to go out and know that you are going to have a great experience and fabulous food. Thanks for always being consistently awesome!Special Features:
- Great Foood!nushDined on 11/1/2014We have been here many times and food as always is never a disappointment! This time around we brought some friends that live in the area but had never been. The issue we had that night as we have seen more frquently happen is the bar service is always backed up! We had ordered drinks and before we even got our drinks our waiter came back to get our appetizer order about 10 minutes had past. Also at the time of the main course half of us finished our dinner before we got our wine, that I have to say was very frusterating and disappointing! So my suggestion is on Friday and Saturday get more bar help to keep up with the demand!Special Features:
- Always OutstandingSKooterDined on 11/1/2014This place is always fantastic...from the service to the food to the drinks. Hats off for personalizing the menu to commemorate my mother's 65th birthday. She was thrilled and is still bragging about it. I always suggest Seed to my friends if they've never been and I am always thanked for the delicious recommendation. Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014This was a perfect venue for a birthday venue. I will be back in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delishAudraVIPDined on 10/31/2014such a lucky find outside the city.....the food is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Go HwreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/2014Delicious food - a variety of choices in both food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient lunch placegabushDined on 10/31/2014Finding a very good restaurant in East Cobb to meet a local was a nice surprise.Special Features:
- Sassy2Dined on 10/30/2014Fantastic restaurant, everything my friend promised in suggesting it. I had the filet, it was to die for---did not need the horseradish I ordered as the au jus was wonderful. The best of the appetizers was the calamari. It was really special and enjoyed by the five of us. My only disappointment was that the scallops with asparagus risotto that I had seen when looking online was not on the menu. My friends from Florida that I was treating LOVE scallops but were not tempted by the dish on the menu. I lunch with friends often and want to try both the lunch and brunch menus. And will continue to"do"dinner for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great city dining in the burbs!FamilyoffoodiesDined on 10/30/2014For local foodies looking to not make the 45 minute trek into the city. Well done from beginning to end and great service to boot. Seasonal menu is always spot on. Try something from every course. It's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FindGolfer18VIPDined on 10/29/2014This was our second visit to the Seed as we drove from Chicago to Florida. We were impressed last year and even more so this year. The whole operation was flawless. Our Block Island swordfish over fingerling potatoes and carrot puree was superb. The shared appetizers of hush puppies and brussel sprouts and cauliflower were also expertly prepared. We finished the meal with tres leches cake with wild berries. Hard to stop eating this super moist, delicious dessert. The Seed Kitchen is an absolutely wonderful restaurant including our server David, who could not have been more knowledgeable and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeshDined on 10/29/2014The restaurant, while having abundant assets, seems to be in love with smoked flavoring. This becomes tiresome . Even the tasty chicken taco appetizers had a smoky (and wholly unnecessary ) taste to it.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday lunch!jackiegolightlyDined on 10/27/2014I took one of my closest friends for lunch. They treated us like royalty. The food was so fresh and delicious. I'd go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealdebbyaVIPDined on 10/26/2014We have been to Seed many times and have never had anything bad here! It's amazing - never once. Highly recommend it. Our waiters are always nice and knowledgable. When you ask them a question the answer is never, "Everything is good, its accoring to your taste." That is one of my pet peeves -- even though everything we have tried is good -- that is not an answer that a waiter should give and they don't!! This place is a gem of a find!! Go there!!Special Features:
- breakfast reviewpac28VIPDined on 10/26/2014Had the brisket hash, excellent. Loved the green chili cornbread. lump crabmeat benedict also very good.
- Nothing Special, UnfortunatelyDDCNBADined on 10/23/2014We had been wanting to go to Seed since we moved to E Cobb in June. It's always jam packed on weekends so I made reservations for us and a couple of friends who also have been wanting to go. The decor is nice. Staff is friendly. Well, our waiter was a bit pretentious and insisted I have the house specialty, gin pomegranate some thing or another when I told him I don't like gin. He more or less shamed me into trying it. I could not drink it. Had to send it back for a cosmo. I guess a customer does know what they like and don't like. The food was not bad, just 'meh'. For the nearly $250 that four of us spent, it should have been spectacular. We only had 3 glasses of wine and my cosmo between us, no dessert at that price. Won't go back.
- Great dining experienceAdel88VIPDined on 10/21/2014We have been to Seed several times to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. The food, service and ambiance were great as usual. Nice touch to have personalized menus. Every time we've been, the restaurant has been full, but we always get in right away with our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine combofoodiewannabeDined on 10/21/2014Delightful fall dishes. Perfect pairing with an excellent wine. Had sweet potato ravioli with mushrooms and a bottle of Brunello. The appetizers were also excellent. A great, leisurely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningLindaVIPDined on 10/21/2014We celebrated a friends birthday and made reference to the occasion when we made reservations. The menu's we made specifically for your friend with Happy Birthday Karen on the top of each of our menus. Nice touch! The new menu is great and the wine list keeps growing and improving. We have been going to the restaurant since they opened and it just keeps getting better and better!!! So happy Seed is in East Cobb...Special Features:
- Birthday Lunch CelebrationRekraps1Dined on 10/20/2014A group of friends visited Seed for a birthday celebration and loved everything!!! They made my friend feel so special. The menus we were given had happy birthday with her name on the top. The server was wonderful. I had the trio (soup, salad and 1/2 sandwich) which changes daily..Yummmmy. Definitely, will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable experience2KellysDined on 10/19/2014We just happened to be in Marietta, and I found Seed on Open Table, and checked it out several other places. We both thoroughly enjoyed our dinner...I had pappardelle with pork ragu and my husband had the chicken schnitzel. We split the salad with thinly sliced apples, spiced pecans and crumbled Gorgonzola. We also split the tres leches cake for dessert...scrumptious. We thought our GPS was wrong as we pulled into a shopping center, but Seed was there, and it is a sleek, open restaurant, well designed. Hope we can return.Special Features:
- another great dining experienceATLLocalVIPDined on 10/19/2014I am a regular, visiting 2-4 per month. I am a big fan. This foodie / wine restaurant always makes you feel like you are getting something specially prepared. Inventive menu, well prepared, and a great place for interesting wines by the glass or a splurge cocktail. Had my standard beet salad (delicious) and short ribs. Scrumptious.Special Features:
- Sunday might not be the best nightericVIPDined on 10/19/2014The food was good as always, but we were seated in the enclosed room at the front of the restaurant, and it was a bit difficult to get proper service. Otherwise, we had no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.