Seed Kitchen & Bar
1311 Johnson Ferry Rd
Marietta, GA 30068Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seed Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatseed.com/
- Phone: 6782146888x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 3pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 3pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - Saturday 3pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Turbush
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: none
- Private Party Facilities: Expandable semi-private area comfortably holding up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Raymond 5613392199x
- Entertainment: None
- Special Events: Wine Dinners, Cocktail Dinners, Wine Classes
A word from Seed Kitchen & Bar
Seed Kitchen & Bar is a chef driven, modern American neighborhood restaurant by Chef Doug Turbush located at Merchant's Walk in East Cobb. The expansive boutique wine program provides cherry picked wines at incredible values. Mixologists stir up vintage and modern takes on cocktails, and American and International Craft beers are on tap in this vibrant, sleek and modern setting designed by Ai3.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Seed Kitchen & Bar - Best Restaurants in Marietta ›
Seed Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
331 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (256)neighborhood gem (242)special occasion (192)notable wine list (149)hot spot (104)great for lunch (98)great for outdoor dining (93)romantic (88)vibrant bar scene (85)good for groups (80)great for brunch (73)late-night find (34)kid-friendly (19)scenic view (3)Show More
- Birthday Lunch CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014A group of friends visited Seed for a birthday celebration and loved everything!!! They made my friend feel so special. The menus we were given had happy birthday with her name on the top. The server was wonderful. I had the trio (soup, salad and 1/2 sandwich) which changes daily..Yummmmy. Definitely, will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We just happened to be in Marietta, and I found Seed on Open Table, and checked it out several other places. We both thoroughly enjoyed our dinner...I had pappardelle with pork ragu and my husband had the chicken schnitzel. We split the salad with thinly sliced apples, spiced pecans and crumbled Gorgonzola. We also split the tres leches cake for dessert...scrumptious. We thought our GPS was wrong as we pulled into a shopping center, but Seed was there, and it is a sleek, open restaurant, well designed. Hope we can return.Special Features:
- another great dining experienceATLLocalVIPDined on 10/19/2014I am a regular, visiting 2-4 per month. I am a big fan. This foodie / wine restaurant always makes you feel like you are getting something specially prepared. Inventive menu, well prepared, and a great place for interesting wines by the glass or a splurge cocktail. Had my standard beet salad (delicious) and short ribs. Scrumptious.Special Features:
- Sunday might not be the best nightericVIPDined on 10/19/2014The food was good as always, but we were seated in the enclosed room at the front of the restaurant, and it was a bit difficult to get proper service. Otherwise, we had no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhoodWedineVIPDined on 10/17/2014High quality food, service and wine list. Three years and never a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a dateMVMinGADined on 10/17/2014The place was hopping - the service was excellent and the food did not disappoint. Great mgmt - will visit again.Special Features:
- Small Mussells, ...DataDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I dine at seed about 4 times a year. We always enjoy it and look forward to it. Our latest trip was just as enjoyable as always, but there were 3 slightly unpleasant points of our visit. #1 - The mussells were dissapointing. The flavor was good but it seems like about half of the shells were virtually empty. N #2 - The mussells came out with the short rib. We still aren't sure what or why, but we both immediately were aware of an unpleasant smell. It may have been the sauce on the shortribs. Overall, ...the smell was of Horse fertilizer. Odd, ...b #3 - I was dissapointed with the Pumpkin Cheesecake. Maybe its cause I just wanted regular cheescake, but I found the pumpkin flavor too strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodMrsDrLSDined on 10/15/2014We go here pretty regularly for my birthday every year. I have celiac disease and must be gluten free - they have everything labeled on their menu so it's easy to know what I can eat…and it's not just salads! Their deviled eggs are amazing (as is most everything else). My husband and I have always been impressed with the wine list and pairings as well. Just an overall good experience. Have never been disappointed! :)Special Features:
- WonderfulLeothoDined on 10/13/2014I celebrated my anniversary at this restaurant and it was amazing.The food and the atmosphere was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Food! Will be going back!AllesunVIPDined on 10/11/2014We took some friends who are very picky eaters. We shared a smorgasbord of small plates and were delighted with our selection. Can't wait to go back. The spear ribs were the top hit of the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite East Cobb RestaurantDBenedettoVIPDined on 10/11/2014We love going to Seed. Their food and service are always great.Special Features:
- Absolutely tastelicious!FitforfoodDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I went here for our 4th anniversary and it was memorable. You've got to try the deviled eggs, the corn fritter grits, and any of the entrees. The presentation of the food is top notch and the taste is second to none. Another couple paid for our meal and the chef gave us a dessert on the house. You must try seed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still ExcellentWardDined on 10/10/2014This was our second meal at Seed, and it has lost nothing. The food is imaginative and beautifully prepared and presented. The beer and wine lists are comprehensive. The service--again by Javier--is friendly, professional, and unobtrusive. The Scallops with Pork Belly over butternut squash risotto was superb. Be aware, though, that pork belly comes with serious fat layers. The night's special dessert, sweet potato creme brulee with two homemade cookes, was fine for two and was delicious. We'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerhawaii16Dined on 10/10/2014The food was excellent, the service five stars and the final thoughtfulness when we told our waiter it was our anniversary added the final touch to a great and wonderful evening! Thank You.Special Features:
- Will give Seed another chance!nonameDined on 10/10/2014Great service and atmosphere. Enjoyed innovated menu selections and options. Husband's food was excellent. My seafood entree was disappointing. Will try again.Special Features:
- Great for a business dinnerBizdinnerVIPDined on 10/8/2014I had 7 people there for a customer dinner and it was great. I've eaten there many times but this is the 1st time I've take a large group. The square table near the bar is perfect for conversation and keeps everyone involved.Special Features:
- BrunchMikeatsDined on 10/5/20141st time for Brunch and was a little disappointed in the choices. I ordered the omlet and it came out very dry and bland.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & Service!GeoNutDined on 10/5/2014This was our first time eating here and we both enjoyed it tremendously. The food was outstanding and incredibly delicious. We will return. I highly recommend eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie haven in the burbsATLLocalVIPDined on 10/3/2014One of my regular spots. Limited menu but all very thoughtfully planned and well prepared. Great wine program here and at their connected wine bar, Stem. Great mixed drink program, with some inventive concoctions, on par with what you will find at the trendiest in-town hotspots.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantMikeyVIPDined on 10/1/2014The commercial for some breakfast cereal says "let Mikey try it, he hates everything". It is impossible to find anything at Seed to dislike. The food is amazing, the wine list is unlike anyplace I have ever been. Every time I go I find a new wine to like. The wait staff is attentive, knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- ReneTurtleluv1Dined on 9/30/2014As always a wonderful lunch with healthy choices available and god selection of salads and sandwichesSpecial Features:
- Disapointed this time..RaguDined on 9/29/2014Have enjoyed this restaurant every visit with the exception of this time. Typically the food is in concert with the service, which I would rate as surprisingly new and always excellent. This visit the service was exceptional, the food not good. I convinced my work associates that Seed was an exceptional restaurant and we picked it to celebrate a special occasion. The food was served luke warm. The fish of the day, Hake was uncharacteristically bland. The vegetables limp and once again lacked taste. Others hanger staek was very tough and had to be turned back to the kitchen. Was disapointed with the quality of our experience.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceThaiLeaf123Dined on 9/29/2014Seed team, keep up a good work. It’s true neighborhood restaurant. I love every dish I ordered at Seed. It’s fresh, good quality and most importantly tasty! I’ll be back again for both Seed and Stem.Special Features:
- JeffDined on 9/27/2014I have been in Atlanta for 12 years and have dined all over the city for both business and pleasure. The meal I had was the finest of any restaurant to date. Well done. It is great to have a gem like Seed in East Cobb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable BirthdayPhenomenalDined on 9/25/2014We went to Seed for a birthday dinner and noted that on the reservations - Keath, our waiter, came to our table and introduced himself and wished the birthday girl a great night. Keath was extraordinary throughout the night, attentive but not intrusive. There were 4 of us for dinner and we each had something different and amazing. Chicken Schnitzel, Pork Chop, Filet, and the Duck Confit were our entrees and we had the Cornbread and Shrimp Sambal for apps. Each bite was better then the last. Everyone just melted over each bite of food. The deserts were unbelievable you just wished you could eat like this every night. This place is hands down my new Atlanta favorite - I will be coming back, and I suggest you come and try this place too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItLovetoeatDined on 9/22/2014This was my first time. The food was fresh and from local farms etc. Great Selection.Special Features:
- First Time- Great ExperienceTokyoTomDined on 9/20/2014Outstanding service; major emphasis on locally sourced foods, most items gluten free. I had the fish special (Pollock) served with the roasted cauliflower & Brussels Sprouts- fish cooked perfectly. The missus had the chicken schnitzel with miso-mustard sauce- served very hot, the arugula greens wilted after sitting on top of the schnitzel, maybe would have been better served on the side. Chocolate Cookie in a cast iron skillet was tremendous! Great wine & beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014We love this place! Finally, an incredible restaurant has landed in East Cobb. We eat here 2-3 times per month between Seed and adjoning wine bar, Stem. We are never disappointed and always enjoy the food and the friendly atmosphere. Every member of the staff is welcoming and they make us feel at home. The menu has something for everyone as well as ever changing specials offered by the chef. We've dined in some of the best restaurants in and around Atlanta and Seed tops them all!Special Features:
- Great food, not the best serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Food was very good. Service was incredibly slow. We sat down at 7:20and did not have a drink in front of us until 7:45.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday dinnerBirthday64Dined on 9/18/2014Loved the Happy Birthday on the menu. The food was excellent, and we were able to carry on a conversation. The birthday cake was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding find in East Cobb!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014What a fantastic restaurant! The atmosphere, service, and food were excellent. We had the scallops, and they were incredible.
- SusieDined on 9/17/2014Love this place, food is great always! Service great friendly waiters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, crap food.C52kslDined on 9/16/2014Great service, well decorated and comfortable but we spent 90 dollars on a very basic dinner, and it wasn't that good to boot. My hanger steak was chewy, and not very well prepared. The only good thing food wise was the soup, but a very small portion for the 7.00 price tag. Great place to sit and enjoy some drinks, not a good place to eat. My 2nd and last time eating there.Special Features:
- 5 star across the boardOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/15/2014We went to Seed for my husband's 35th birthday. The menus were specially printed with a birthday wish for him. The service was fantastic the atmosphere was great, the food was amazing. We had the calamari appetizer, my husband orderd the pork chop and I had the hanger steak. Everything was cooked perfectly with just the right side items for each dish. Being farm to table, everything was in season and very fresh tasting. We had the tres leches cake for dessert which was delicious and came with happy birthday written in chocolate and a candle. Everyone knew we were there for an occasion and the manager came over and wished my husband a happy birthday as well. One of the best dining experiences we've had in metro Atlanta.Special Features:
- A Wonderful EveningTennisgirlVIPDined on 9/14/2014This was only our 2nd visit to Seed Kitchen & Bar, but we will definitely be returning. To begin with, our party of 4 was seated at the Chef's Table. Taylor, who was outstanding, was our server for the evening. He made great food and wine suggestions and we were not disappointed. Two of us had swordfish, one of his suggestions, and it was absolutely delicious, quite possibly the best preparation of swordfish that I have ever had. The other two had items from the Cobb Restaurant Week menu (which was a very good deal) and they also were very happy with their selections. Appetizers and desserts were also enjoyed. It was just a perfect evening.Special Features:
- East Cobb Almost AtlantaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014Whenever Cobb gets a decent non chain resturant it is good news and Seed is more then decent. Seed is an upscale quality resturant experience and saves some customers the trip into Atlanta and others a reason to go OTP ( but barely). Both inside and outside seating is nice, the service excellent, and menu interesting. Go enjoy, dine well, and don't forget your wallet as dinner for two with wine can be over $100Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!narfDined on 9/14/2014Everything from the service to the food was amazing. The whole staff was very attentive and the brunch was wonderful. My husband said probably the best biscuit and jelly I've had. The make a lot of their sausages, breads, jelly etc in house and use seasonal items. We were celebrating a special occassion and Seed surprised us with a dessert..Tres leches !!!! Hit it out of the park. We can't wait to go back for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic in every way!HappyEastCobberVIPDined on 9/13/2014We've eaten at Seed at least a dozen times, and have never had anything but exceptional food, service, drinks, and attention. We love this restaurant, as well as Stem, the wine bar next door. East Cobb has finally arrived!! No need to drive beyond the Merchants Walk area for a great night out! Rivals anything you'd find in Buckhead or Roswell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!tdmmomDined on 9/13/2014We absolutely love Seed's smoked chicken tacos! Actually, we've enjoyed every dish that we've eaten at Seed, including the BK Veggie Grinder, Hanger Steak Frites, oysters, deviled eggs, salads, brussel sprouts and cauliflower, among other dishes. The desserts are divine, also! Seed has a very welcoming atmosphere. The staff are wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE The SeedCobberDined on 9/12/2014Best restaurant in Atlanta! Easy to get to. In our neighborhood. Always great food especially the desserts!Special Features: