Seed Kitchen & Bar
1311 Johnson Ferry Rd
Marietta, GA 30068Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seed Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatseed.com/
- Phone: 6782146888x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 3pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 3pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - Saturday 3pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Turbush
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: none
- Private Party Facilities: Expandable semi-private area comfortably holding up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Raymond 5613392199x
- Entertainment: None
- Special Events: Wine Dinners, Cocktail Dinners, Wine Classes
A word from Seed Kitchen & Bar
Seed Kitchen & Bar is a chef driven, modern American neighborhood restaurant by Chef Doug Turbush located at Merchant's Walk in East Cobb. The expansive boutique wine program provides cherry picked wines at incredible values. Mixologists stir up vintage and modern takes on cocktails, and American and International Craft beers are on tap in this vibrant, sleek and modern setting designed by Ai3.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Seed Kitchen & Bar - Best Restaurants in Marietta ›
Seed Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
371 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (262)neighborhood gem (260)special occasion (207)notable wine list (149)great for lunch (114)great for outdoor dining (114)great for brunch (108)vibrant bar scene (97)hot spot (96)romantic (92)good for groups (87)late-night find (33)kid-friendly (22)scenic view (4)Show More
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014We walked in and when my husband gave our name we were told "Happy Anniversary" & shown to our table & presented with personalized menus with Happy Anniversary across the top. Our server was delightful & service was amazing overall. The food was beautiful! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tkthebakerVIPDined on 8/22/2014I go to Seed all the time and consider it one of my favorites in the suburbs. At this point I had only been for dinner. Lunch was a disaster. The waiter seemed frazzled, the food took over 30 min to be delivered and the waiter never came back to refill sodas or inquire about our food. I did not like my soup and did not eat it but he didn't seem to notice when we finally flagged him down to get the check. I will not go back for lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place for lunch in East Cobb!JAACHAVIPDined on 8/22/2014We so enjoy dining at Seed! Took a client their for lunch and it was delicious!! Very different and interesting menu and so fresh!! And BTW, if you want to enjoy a lovely glass of wine, try the Seed wine bar! It's fantastic!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/21/2014We have enjoyed it every time we have been--food is prepared well-service is attentive-vibrant atmosphereSpecial Features:
- A Nice FindchippieDined on 8/21/2014Better than usual for neighborhood restaurant and bar. No problem when we had to call that we were stuck in traffic. Unusual layout, but it works. Good food. Personalized service. Unfortunately for us, that rush hour traffic was a bummer from where we live. If we return it will have to be on weekends.Special Features:
- AwesomeGaryJDined on 8/20/2014We have been to Seed several times now and find it awesome for special occasions, business entertaining and sometimes just for desert after eating at other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!cpettingerDined on 8/19/2014We came here for my mothers birthday and were not disappointed. The server was very nice and knowledgeable about the menu, the main dishes were great, but some of the "Share-ables" were just alright. Also, the tres leches cake they brought out was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencelovescatsDined on 8/17/2014I met an old friend for brunch and we had a great time. The food was wonderful, our server was great and the atmosphere was very inviting.Special Features:
- 2MartinisDined on 8/17/2014I have been there several times and each time was great. The food quality is amazing and great service. I would recommend Seeds to everyone who is looking for fresh and great quality food and dining. I hope they will keep the great quality of food and hope they will not change. If you are a food snob like I'am you will really enjoy every bite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014We booked our Saturday night dinner reservation on the Tuesday prior and was only able to get an 8:30 time (we were looking for 7pm). This was already later than we preferred - and we actually weren't seated until 9pm. We didn't complain to anyone about this as we enjoyed our time in the bar before dinner, so we were surprised when management sent our table two complimentary appetizers and an apology for the delay in being seated. In addition, two amazing desserts were sent complimentary as well. The service was 5 star! Everyone at the table enjoyed their meal as well - catch of the day, scallops, a special and a vegetarian plate. Will definitely go back and recommend - even without the complimentary apps and desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, Great, GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Could not ask for better. From confirming reservations to saying good night and thanks for coming as we went out the door, it was first-class.Special Features:
- CONSISTENTLY "TERRIFIC"PeachVIPDined on 8/16/2014Even though this time we were celebrating a birthday, it always seems like a celebration when we dine at Seed. Zaheer took excellent care of us, and Poulk, as always, was the perfect host. The entire staff is professional but very friendly. The food is always delicious and presented beautifully.Special Features:
- Amazing. One of the best meals everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Must try chicken schnitzel and caramelized Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef ownedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014I love places where the chef is very involved in all aspects. Great food, great drinks, great service. Wine list has several best-buy bottles. Modern atmosphere could use some sound dampening. I did have some difficulty hearing at my table (maybe I'm getting old).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beenthereDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful restaurant. Owner is always visible & ensures you are enjoying the food & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Food & ServiceTulips7VIPDined on 8/15/2014What a gem to find this top notch Restuarant in our connecting neighborhood. When you walk inside the place is very open and does not feel crowded. It is very light and airy. The food amazing, tasting all the flavors in each bite. Can't say enough about the service- all the staff help in small ways that provide that added touch. Our server was very professional, knowledgable about the food and drinks. He also was very conversational but not over the top. We asked questions and he did not feel rushed. Seed is one of our favorite jewels that we like to share with friends when suggesting an upscale, yet casual, fun atmosphere to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Big DisappointmentjpergDined on 8/13/2014I preordered a bottle of wine so that upon arrival it would be brought to the table (Server asked if we wanted to order cocktails) As he poured the wine it dripped on the table, daughters glass had something in it so hers had to be replaced with wine from the bar. We ordered the fish special that came out nothing like it was described vegetables were both over & under cooked in addition it was so salty we sent it back and replaced it with a glass of water. The vegetable plate was described as served with grains that was not present.Special Features:
- Above and beyond!MrsLocklairDined on 8/12/2014I made a note when I made my reservation about it being my husband's 34th Birthday. I wasn't expecting much other than maybe a dessert, but really wasn't expecting that. I was absolutely blown away! The person that sat us told my husband, "Happy Birthday, sir." When we got settled I noticed at the top of the menu it said, "Happy 34th Birthday Mr. Locklair!" The entire dinner was amazing and then they brought out a delicious Tres Leches with fresh berries and wrote "Happy Birthday" in chocolate. We will for sure visit this restaurant again! Every time the server spoke to us he called us Mr & Mrs Locklair...being newly married it made me feel good also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch needs to equal dinnerdotters2013Dined on 8/12/2014Maybe because it's lunch not dinner, but the service was really slow. The food, of course was as great as it usually is (the lunch special pleased my hubby), chicken was terrific and the ravioli, but the service... Really, if you're there for a business lunch or need to get out in an hour, this couldn't happen. (The restaurant wasn't full, so?????)Special Features:
- Amazing Dining!yummyATLfoodsVIPDined on 8/11/2014Had dinner with my sister in this tucked away restaurant I only found because of my Opentable app. From beginning to end, just a fantastic experience. Our server, Zahir, was so great - gave awesome recommendations and attentive to our table but never overpowering the vibe of the dinner. My sister got the catch of the day, I got a salad and we split the special appetizer. We had a red blend for our wine and capped the meal with some coffee and the banana dessert. Absolutely amazing dining experience and well worth the price. Zahir gave great recommendations but with an ever-evolving menu, I doubt there's a bad bite in the place.Special Features:
- ChrisSafaDined on 8/9/2014We sat at the bar and Chris he waited on us. He was great and we really enjoyed our martinis with American Harvest vodka and the special dinner and appetizers that we ordered:)Special Features:
- Food and service was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We for the hanger steak and pork chop. The food was excellent. Also tried the cornbread for a starter. Can't go wrong! Our waitress was friendly as well. Great option if you live in the south Cobb area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Five StarRaguDined on 8/7/2014Want to hot a home run when taking important clients or food lovers out to experience excellent fodd, wine and service .... Let me plant a Seed, always select this restaurant.Special Features:
- Farm to table spectacular food!!FifiDined on 8/6/2014Dinner, lunch, brunch, wine and small plates...all fantastic and consistent experiences. Wonderful for special occasions. Print personalized menus for your occasion. Look forward to every visit without driving out of East Cobb.Special Features:
- foodieRNfoodieRNDined on 8/5/2014Great service! Ordered the special pan seared pollock on a bed of roasted cauliflower and brussels sprouts. The fish was dry and there was no sauce on the dish. My husband ordered filet with grilled asparagus. Meat was well cooked but the sauce with the asparagus was not good. Overall the experience was good but next time I would just do drinks and apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIAL TREATMENTJanceccDined on 8/3/2014We dined at Seed to celebrate our daughter coming home from NYC after a year working there. Not only did we receive personalized menus that said, "Welcome Home, Katey", the food and service were impeccable. It was one of the best experiences we have had at this terrific restaurant. We were about to leave when a spectacular dessert came out. We were full, but it was worth every bite of indulgence. Thanks for a memorable evening, Seed Kitchen and Bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss it!Erroll3Dined on 8/2/2014First visit to this great restaurant. Can hold its own with the best restaurants in the Atlanta area. Should be on your "must dine there" list. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special NightTaitterDined on 8/2/2014Recently my friends Hans and Crystal suffered a devastating miscarriage followed by a death of a close family member. Overall it had just been a very bad month for them. The day Crystal got back from her grandfather's funeral was also their four year anniversary. I then hatched a plan to created a beautiful evening for them. I emailed the restaurant, which Chrystal had been wanting to go to, and promptly got a response back from Chris McNiell. He and his team helped me arrange a wonderful night which my friends described as "a light in a dark month". I planned everything from wine to dessert, every course, and paid the bill all from the comfort of my own home. I would say more but I am out of characters!Special Features:
- Seed is awesomefashfamilyVIPDined on 8/2/2014We keep coming back, even though it's a 30 minute drive to Seed for us, because the food is wonderful. Every attention to detail is paid, the food is consistently good, and the experiences change with the menu. You can't go wrong with the crispy calamari, hickory smoked and grilled pork chop, and the tres leches cake. We love this place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014Loved everything we ordered but our service was inattentive to the point of the ridiculous!! Such a shame that the chefs efforts are not matched with good service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Delightful -- the food and service at Seed are consistently impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed after eating hereLocaldinerDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten at Seed numerous times and I have to say that the food and service seem to be going downhill. The food is extremely salty!!!! Everything is salted to death. And the service this time was below par. The waiter acted bored or irritated I'm not sure which. I really don't think we will be back which is unfortunate since the first couple times we ate there we loved the food and the service. But that was a couple years ago.
- Just wonderful!!marciabradyDined on 8/1/2014We were seated immediately. All staff were on their toes. Our server was extraordinary. He never left us wanting for anything. Meticulously answered all menu questions. And the food. It was incredible. All four of our party thoroughly enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a fantastic restaurant!!YumEDined on 8/1/2014Every detail of our experience was above our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another awesome evening at Seed.App4UDined on 7/30/2014This is our nth trip to Seed. We had a couple of good friends join us. They are well-traveled foodies. We had cocktails and a three course meal. Our friends were completely impressed with this restaurant. You cannot go wrong with any meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreUnderwhelmingDined on 7/30/2014The good things: we had a reservation at 6:15pm and we were seated at 6:15pm, our waiter was very informative and recommended some really good drinks, our waters were always full, most of the food had good flavor. The bad things: the portion sizes were embarrassingly small! My scallops were the size of quarters (5 of them for $25!) my 6 oysters were so small I could not even see them ($15!) and my wife's filet was the size of a frozen mini pancake ($30!), my wife's side of squash was literally squash and butter - no salt nor pepper, my wife went outside to call our babysitter while I went to the bathroom and I had half of a drink left and when I returned the table was cleared and there went my drink - they were very eager to get rid of us.Special Features:
- ITP dining in East CobbsubburbaniteDined on 7/29/2014Great menu of farm-to-table traditional American fare served by a knowledgeable waitstaff and paired with an impressive wine list and craft beer menu. Tucked away on the end cap of a strip center in East Cobb, once you walk in the front door you are magically transported to midtown by an atmosphere and menu that is decidedly ITP. Great experience without the drive or having to pay for parking. Friendly staff that are serious about serving an exceptional meal. I reserved a table on a Tuesday night (my wife's birthday, didn't want to risk it) and was glad I did because the were on a 45 min wait at 7:15 when we arrived. ON A TUESDAY! PS. They had a "happy birthday" menu for my wife when we arrived, very classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seed is greatIntlgranolagirlDined on 7/27/2014Great service, always friendly staff & management. But most of all delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keath was amazingAskForKeathDined on 7/27/2014Our server, Keath, really took our dining experience to the next level. Food was outstanding! Unfortunately, my soup bowl was pilfered from our table before I could lick it clean. That was probably for the best though. I would like to see a few more sauvignon blanc options on the menu next time though.Special Features:
- AmazinglionheartDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I loved our dining experience at Seed. We were a little hesitant driving up to East Cobb instead of dining in Midtown/Buckhead, but we were pleasantly surprised by the food. This is a great restaurant to try out - everything we ordered was very good. We will definitely be coming back. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features: