54 Sedgley Rd
Greene, ME 04236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sedgleyplace.com/
- Phone: 207-946-5990
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday; seatings 4:00pm, 5:00pm & 6:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: seatings 5:00pm, 6:00pm & 7:00pm, Friday: seatings 5:00pm, 6:00pm, 7:00pm & 8:00pm, Saturday: seatings 5:00pm, 6:00pm, 7:30pm & 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
A word from Sedgley Place
Come in, relax and enjoy one of New England's finest dining experiences! Our restaurant, which is a Stately Federal Home built in 1786, offers a beautiful setting for entertaining friends, family, and business associates, or just a relaxing night out. We feature complete five course dinners. Our menu changes weekly and always includes Roast Prime Rib of Beef, a fresh fish and a poultry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sedgley Place - Best Restaurants in Lewiston, ME ›
Sedgley Place reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)romantic (63)good for groups (36)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (16)scenic view (14)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great dinner asb alwaysSueGDined on 9/12/2014Our party had the prime rib, seafood crepe and lamb chef's special... Everyone enjoyed the dinner, French onion soup and mushrooms stuffed with scallops...you won't go home hungry!Special Features:
- Simply AmazingDrastikDined on 9/11/2014From the moment you sit down until you reluctantly leave, your taste buds are transported to a food nirvana. Everything from the cheese spread until the last taste of desert was perfect. My wife and I can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- unbelievable!TimNoelDined on 9/3/2014This restaurant is our hands down favorite. The vegetable cream soup is to die for. So fresh. They get their vegetables from their own local certified organic farm with an indoor location in the winter. I had the beef tenderloin but it was more like butter in my mouth. Everything about the last meal and every one before this has been Rockin' stupendous at this restaurant! Best food I've ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FireFlyDined on 9/3/2014We found the food and service very good. To many, the one price for all might seem hight, but if you look at the quality of the food and service with Hors d'oeuvre , appetizer, salad, entree and desert it is quite reasonable. We will be back more often. Thank you,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I's favorite spotLtTruckieDined on 9/2/2014We go every year for anniversary and at least once or twice with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go hungry!Jen10Dined on 8/31/2014The food was very good. Especially the creamy vegetable soup. The individually wrapped crackers is slightly tacky though. Who wants to listen to the crinkling of plastic during a romantic dinner?Special Features:
- Super NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We took another couple from out of state with us and found the service, food and overall experience was exceptional! We are taking another couple this weekend and we are sure to have a beautiful time.Special Features:
- Sedgley'sCorvette65Dined on 8/30/2014I would return on any special occasion. This past visit was to celebrate our 35th anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FabulousCatlady79Dined on 8/28/2014We have dined here many times and have never been disappointed. The locally grown food really makes a difference. Such a wide variety of choices. The service is outstanding. Our waitress was knowledgeable, friendly and attentive with out hovering. I highly recommend this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was like dining on a cruisePhippsDined on 8/27/2014That's exactly what I told the waitress....Eating here is like dining on a cruise ship.....The personnel attention is excellent....The food fantastic.... If your looking for a special night out this is the place to go...We go there on our date night....and on all the special holidays....Saves the wives from cooking and just enjoying the holidays....Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This place was recommended by a friend as a unique dining experience and it was. It's not often now a days that there is a restaurant that offers a 5 course meal.....6 if you take advantage of the additional special. We found the food choices for each course to be unique and upscale (I.e., lobster stuffed filet with bernaise sauce) but with some standard options like filet mignon and prime rib. Portions are not too small or too generous. They are perfect considering there are 5 courses. it was a great meal, excellent service and I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommenddinearounderDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food , well presented, wait staff was very friendly and efficient, atmosphere was warm and welcomingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricefoodloveDined on 8/23/2014For an $85 meal, I honestly expected more. To say they serve a 5-course meal is a stretch, considering course #1is a basket full of prepackaged crackers with a spoonful of lumpy cheese dip. In general the food was sub-par. Disappointing considering the amount of money we spent.Special Features:
- Special NightJagmanDined on 8/17/2014Great place to go for a special event, the food is amazing. Don't let the price per plate scare you, it's worth every penny on the return for the meal you'll receive. My wife and I went for our 12 year Anniversary and were amazed by the local food they used and how everything looked. This will be our Special place to go out for dinner not just to celebrate an event, I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare one of a kindNanaDined on 8/17/2014Sedgley Place is one of a kind. Superior dining, fair price, exceptional food. This has to be one of the best restaurants in Maine. The staff and management are warm and welcoming. The atmosphere is magnificent, quiet, quaint and charming. The food is always fresh, hot, and of superior quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Meets or Beats ExpectationsronedyerDined on 8/17/2014Our family celebrates with Sedgley Place a couple times a year and they always do a great job with the meal and the service. All tables are nice and its always a relaxing and fun meal. Anniversaries, Birthdays, parents and adult children visits and meal and beverages are perfect every time. You will be not be disappointed, make your reservations today!Special Features:
- Excellent establishment.MinkDined on 8/13/2014Highly recommend this establishment. I have never been disappointed with the food, service, and ambience.Special Features:
- Utterly enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The entire inn is beautifully appointed. You are greeted warmly, made welcome to these delightful dining areas, where the service is friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and the food is delicious and abundant. We would recommend to couples, families, groups, special occasions. Well tended grounds with beautiful flowers.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014This was our first time at Sedgley Place and we loved it. The food was delicious and the service was very good. We have already recommended it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic TreasureDining44Dined on 8/2/2014It was our first time dining here. It certainly lived up to our expectations and then some. Scrumptious food, excellent service and beautiful setting.Special Features:
- Sedgeley PlaceteachmeDined on 8/2/2014Wonderful restaurant to celebrate an anniversary! We got back every year!!Special Features:
- wonderfulWonderfulDined on 8/2/2014We have been a few times to Sedgley and we have never been disappointed. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Hidden Local GemTryitYoullikeitDined on 7/26/2014Sedgley Place is a hidden local gem located in the town of Greene, Maine, a bit of a challenge to find if you are not a local. The service is very good, personal, and efficient. The food is very very good and sometimes excellent. A very good place for adult gatherings, old world charm, foodies and people who like something more refined than a sports bar; the food is a vast improvement over chain restaurants. The seatings are at set times so if you want to linger after dinner this is not the place for you. Don't get me wrong, you won't feel rushed but you also won't be able to hang out and knock back a few cocktails after dinner (try that sports bar if this is you).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoritejimhDined on 7/25/2014When we visit Maine we always make it a point to enjoy Segley Place and they never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well DoneStanDined on 7/18/2014I have been to Sedgley a number of times and never been disappointed. We had a chilled lobster pieces app, vegetable soup spiced with cumin and lobster-stuffed filets with German chocolate cake and strawberry shortcake. The atmosphere was wonderful, all involved with us were friendly and answered any questions we had. I would recommend Sedgley for a romantic dinner or a group of a dozen. I have been involved with both and been befriended and eaten well each dtime.Special Features:
- A very special placeFloridaJJTDined on 7/16/2014We have been to the restaurant many times and have always enjoyed the food, service and ambience. We have no ideas for improvement in any of those areas. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014My duck dish was good but my friend ordered the filet stuffed with Lobster and the steak was overcooked. All other dishes were very good. I frequent Sedgley's a few times a year and it is usuallyl subperb but this time it was OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first anniversaryTTrippDined on 7/12/2014We have been to sedgley place before. We got engaged there and have spent other special occasions there. This time we went there to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and it was amazing there was a very nice card on the table with complimentary champagne and amazing food and overall great atmosphere. I recommend sedgley place to anyone hands down one of the best restaurants around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first timeHarringtonsDined on 7/8/2014We decided to pick Sedgley Place for our 47th wedding anniversary after friends recommended it. Altho a little drive for us, it was worth it. They had us a table in the corner which I prefer, a special touch with an anniversary card and a complimentary glass of champagne. The waitresses were very professional and well versed in what was offered for meals, etc. The food was exceptionally prepared and very tasty and we didn't feel rushed to be out the door for the next guest. We would recommend this restaurant for your dining experience with a big 10+. Thank you for a lovely evening to celebrate yet another year of marriage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special as alwaysjustusDined on 6/29/2014My wife and I went here on our wedding night for dinner. They had a nice card congratulating us and complimentary champagne. The food is delicious and the staff are attentive. In most places we've dined you get "pushed through", here you have all 5 courses in there own time, they don't pile your next course on you until you are finished with the one you have, We get to relax and enjoy each other. We went back this year and without a reminder they had a Happy 1st Anniversary card on the table a champagne again. The couple at the table behind us was also celebrating an anniversary. It's just a small and special place to be, we love it and recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTleidysmomDined on 6/22/2014THE FOOD IS WONDERFUL, AS IS THE SERVICE AND ATMOSPHERE. We save it for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- superfoodDined on 6/22/2014Took people there from Las Vegas and the said it was the best food they had had for a long time. It was wonderful, we had our own private dining room. Great service. Will go there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the two of us!just2ofusDined on 6/22/2014We go to the Sedgley Place two times a year. Once to celebrate our anniversary and once "just because". It is a time to dine with no interruptions and we can enjoy each other over a romantic dinner with desert! Service is great and the staff make a conscience effort to make your visit a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and a great time!FosterDined on 6/21/2014We went for my moms retirement dinner. It was just what we wanted, adult atmosphere, quite, great food, great drinks, great service. We all left very happy. Just perfect for what we were looking for! We didn't bring the kids and were very happy we didn't, we were able to enjoy the evening that much more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!yumyumDined on 6/20/2014This place is always wonderful! Highyrecommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvseafoodDined on 6/14/2014Went on Saturday night. For the price, I expect food to be outstanding. My meal was good. I had haddock and it was a bit overcooked. Being from Maine, I am particular about how my fish is cooked and overcooked in Maine is not a good thing. The french onion soup is outstanding. I had mushroom caps and that was very good as well. I had ceasar salad which was average. Nothing to write home about. I think with that it is all about the dressing. I believe the other people that I was with probably felt the food was very good. No complaints from anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014The food is second to none here. A very romantic dinner for two. This is a great place to reconnect with loved ones and great friends. I save it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with family and friendsBieneDined on 5/31/2014Friendly atmosphere. Food was mediocre. Wine list not exciting.
- Amazing as alwaysRoadhouseDined on 5/30/2014The prime rib blew me away, again. The stuffed mushrooms were great as well as the french onion soup. We opted for an addition soup, the seafood chowder. Packed with seafood and the cup was only and additional $3.50.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Evening!WBPsDined on 5/25/2014This was my and my wife's first anniversary and they made it very special. We sat next to a couple that was celebrating their 40th. The restaurant made it an extremely special anniversary and we will be returning.Special Features: