54 Sedgley Rd
Greene, ME 04236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sedgleyplace.com/
- Phone: 207-946-5990
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday; seatings 4:00pm, 5:00pm & 6:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: seatings 5:00pm, 6:00pm & 7:00pm, Friday: seatings 5:00pm, 6:00pm, 7:00pm & 8:00pm, Saturday: seatings 5:00pm, 6:00pm, 7:30pm & 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
A word from Sedgley Place
Come in, relax and enjoy one of New England's finest dining experiences! Our restaurant, which is a Stately Federal Home built in 1786, offers a beautiful setting for entertaining friends, family, and business associates, or just a relaxing night out. We feature complete five course dinners. Our menu changes weekly and always includes Roast Prime Rib of Beef, a fresh fish and a poultry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sedgley Place - Best Restaurants in Lewiston, ME ›
Sedgley Place reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)romantic (63)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (13)scenic view (10)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- WHAT A GEM!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My wife and I were first timers here and will be returning quick frequently. Service was wonderful and food was out of this world. Beautiful old home with character and charm. It was the best restaurant experience I have ever had.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceMarkDDined on 10/25/2014Top marks for the entire dining experience. Lovely country in atmosphere. Price fixed five course meal menu included only about five entre choices, but offered meat, fish and chicken dishes. My wife had the filet mignon which was cooked to perfection and delicious. I had pork tenderloin with a glaze that was equally well prepared. The star of the show was there array of fresh vegetables (root medley, honey squash, twice baked potato) which were especially delicious. And even though the front room was full, it was relatively quiet and pleasant. Reservations only. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eathappyDined on 10/25/2014This place could be great with a little attention to detail.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014The food was excellent! We were not happy with our seating arrangement however, which was non-condusive to our romantic date-night... Moving forward, I would reserve a more-private table setting ahead!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening with FriendsBigAlDined on 10/18/2014Planned dinner with out-of-state friends went off spectacularly. Food and drink were perfect. Our waitress was the best. A GREAT EVENING.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Everything from the ambience, service, food were wonderful. There was just too much food, I would have preferred smaller portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Everything from start to finish was superb. Sedgely Place came highly recommended to us by many friends and the reviews were spot on - lots of delicious, fresh, organic food served in a quaint and beautiful environment. We will return soon!Special Features:
- Another wonderful dinner!SweetTDined on 10/12/2014As always, the service was excellent and the food was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!KennyDined on 10/11/2014We celebrated an anniversary by having dinner here and it was fantastic! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointinglafoodieDined on 10/7/2014Have been going to Sedgley Place for many years but this time didn't beckon me back for another visit. Granted it was a Tuesday night, but the service was slow (particularly the bar service), the Caesar Salad was overdressed and limp, the mashed potatoes were very dry....but the roulade was done right and very good, and the apple crisp was excellent.Special Features:
- nice but been alot betterwishitwasbetterDined on 10/3/2014We have come many times before and after we got married. We now make it a tradition to go on out anniversary. We weren't as pleased this time. Waitress was nice but didn't come back often to check on us or give us our bill. We seemed to wait awhile for drink refills. The noise level was ridiculous we sat in a romantic little cubby loved it but the rest if the room was so loud and distracting. My husbands salad was inedible.. It was bitter and left a bad taste in your mouth. We did enjoy our time but it seemed like the times before were so much more enjoyable. Also when we arrived and left we had to stand around because there was no hostess at the desk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Stars!!Oct392Dined on 10/3/2014My husband and I have been going to Sedgley Place for many years. I absolutely love the house and the food is beyond excellent. I have recommended Sedgely to everyone I know. Great atmosphere and very romantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lifestooshortDined on 10/3/2014The food has not been as good the past few times I have been there! I remember how wonderful it use to be back in the day ......Special Features:
- has never disappointed.MarkDined on 9/27/2014We've been here several times and have always had good food and service. My wife's recent birthday went very well. Flowers were delivered to the table along with a card from Sedgley Place. Candle and happy birthday wishes were great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Nice EveningenjoygoodfoodDined on 9/27/2014I took my husband out for his birthday and we enjoyed a wonderful evening with fine food and good wine. The only downside to the evening was a large table with 8 that would get quite loud. We would recommend the staple filet mignon, and the indulgent Hot Fudge Sunday with Brownies for dessert. All in all a wonderful evening and I am sure we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKslupDined on 9/20/2014Went here for an anniversary dinner and the food was outstanding. Cozy seating in a beautiful set-up. They had a card on the table waiting and complimentary champagne. We liked all the options and portions- did not feel too full. Would come back again and again.Special Features:
- GreatFirsttimerDined on 9/20/2014We had such an amazing experience at The Sedgley Place! Can not wait to go back. The food and atmosphere was great!Special Features:
- Great dinner asb alwaysSueGDined on 9/12/2014Our party had the prime rib, seafood crepe and lamb chef's special... Everyone enjoyed the dinner, French onion soup and mushrooms stuffed with scallops...you won't go home hungry!Special Features:
- Simply AmazingDrastikDined on 9/11/2014From the moment you sit down until you reluctantly leave, your taste buds are transported to a food nirvana. Everything from the cheese spread until the last taste of desert was perfect. My wife and I can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- unbelievable!TimNoelDined on 9/3/2014This restaurant is our hands down favorite. The vegetable cream soup is to die for. So fresh. They get their vegetables from their own local certified organic farm with an indoor location in the winter. I had the beef tenderloin but it was more like butter in my mouth. Everything about the last meal and every one before this has been Rockin' stupendous at this restaurant! Best food I've ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FireFlyDined on 9/3/2014We found the food and service very good. To many, the one price for all might seem hight, but if you look at the quality of the food and service with Hors d'oeuvre , appetizer, salad, entree and desert it is quite reasonable. We will be back more often. Thank you,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I's favorite spotLtTruckieDined on 9/2/2014We go every year for anniversary and at least once or twice with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go hungry!Jen10Dined on 8/31/2014The food was very good. Especially the creamy vegetable soup. The individually wrapped crackers is slightly tacky though. Who wants to listen to the crinkling of plastic during a romantic dinner?Special Features:
- Super NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We took another couple from out of state with us and found the service, food and overall experience was exceptional! We are taking another couple this weekend and we are sure to have a beautiful time.Special Features:
- Sedgley'sCorvette65Dined on 8/30/2014I would return on any special occasion. This past visit was to celebrate our 35th anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FabulousCatlady79Dined on 8/28/2014We have dined here many times and have never been disappointed. The locally grown food really makes a difference. Such a wide variety of choices. The service is outstanding. Our waitress was knowledgeable, friendly and attentive with out hovering. I highly recommend this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was like dining on a cruisePhippsDined on 8/27/2014That's exactly what I told the waitress....Eating here is like dining on a cruise ship.....The personnel attention is excellent....The food fantastic.... If your looking for a special night out this is the place to go...We go there on our date night....and on all the special holidays....Saves the wives from cooking and just enjoying the holidays....Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This place was recommended by a friend as a unique dining experience and it was. It's not often now a days that there is a restaurant that offers a 5 course meal.....6 if you take advantage of the additional special. We found the food choices for each course to be unique and upscale (I.e., lobster stuffed filet with bernaise sauce) but with some standard options like filet mignon and prime rib. Portions are not too small or too generous. They are perfect considering there are 5 courses. it was a great meal, excellent service and I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommenddinearounderDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food , well presented, wait staff was very friendly and efficient, atmosphere was warm and welcomingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricefoodloveDined on 8/23/2014For an $85 meal, I honestly expected more. To say they serve a 5-course meal is a stretch, considering course #1is a basket full of prepackaged crackers with a spoonful of lumpy cheese dip. In general the food was sub-par. Disappointing considering the amount of money we spent.Special Features:
- Special NightJagmanDined on 8/17/2014Great place to go for a special event, the food is amazing. Don't let the price per plate scare you, it's worth every penny on the return for the meal you'll receive. My wife and I went for our 12 year Anniversary and were amazed by the local food they used and how everything looked. This will be our Special place to go out for dinner not just to celebrate an event, I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare one of a kindNanaDined on 8/17/2014Sedgley Place is one of a kind. Superior dining, fair price, exceptional food. This has to be one of the best restaurants in Maine. The staff and management are warm and welcoming. The atmosphere is magnificent, quiet, quaint and charming. The food is always fresh, hot, and of superior quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Meets or Beats ExpectationsronedyerDined on 8/17/2014Our family celebrates with Sedgley Place a couple times a year and they always do a great job with the meal and the service. All tables are nice and its always a relaxing and fun meal. Anniversaries, Birthdays, parents and adult children visits and meal and beverages are perfect every time. You will be not be disappointed, make your reservations today!Special Features:
- Excellent establishment.MinkDined on 8/13/2014Highly recommend this establishment. I have never been disappointed with the food, service, and ambience.Special Features:
- Utterly enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The entire inn is beautifully appointed. You are greeted warmly, made welcome to these delightful dining areas, where the service is friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and the food is delicious and abundant. We would recommend to couples, families, groups, special occasions. Well tended grounds with beautiful flowers.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014This was our first time at Sedgley Place and we loved it. The food was delicious and the service was very good. We have already recommended it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic TreasureDining44Dined on 8/2/2014It was our first time dining here. It certainly lived up to our expectations and then some. Scrumptious food, excellent service and beautiful setting.Special Features:
- Sedgeley PlaceteachmeDined on 8/2/2014Wonderful restaurant to celebrate an anniversary! We got back every year!!Special Features:
- wonderfulWonderfulDined on 8/2/2014We have been a few times to Sedgley and we have never been disappointed. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Hidden Local GemTryitYoullikeitDined on 7/26/2014Sedgley Place is a hidden local gem located in the town of Greene, Maine, a bit of a challenge to find if you are not a local. The service is very good, personal, and efficient. The food is very very good and sometimes excellent. A very good place for adult gatherings, old world charm, foodies and people who like something more refined than a sports bar; the food is a vast improvement over chain restaurants. The seatings are at set times so if you want to linger after dinner this is not the place for you. Don't get me wrong, you won't feel rushed but you also won't be able to hang out and knock back a few cocktails after dinner (try that sports bar if this is you).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.