Secret Garden Tea House
721 Lincoln Way
San Francisco, CA 94122Neighborhood:
BritishPrice: $30 and under
Secret Garden Tea House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.secretgardenteahouse.com/
- Phone: 4157020398
- Hours of Operation:
Tea Service: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00AM - 5:00PM. Lunch served until 2:00PM
Saturday-Sunday Seating Times; 11:00AM, 1:30PM, 4:00PM.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Afternoon Tea, British
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, High Tea
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Ave
- Public Transit: N-Judah line.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details:
Golden Gate Park: Enter Golden Gate Park from 9th and Lincoln and make the first right on Martin Luther King Junior Way. You can park your car there up to three hours during the week and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
There are also several metered lots in the area
A word from Secret Garden Tea House
From the simplest to the most special occasions, Secret Garden Tea House aims to provide an elegant atmosphere to all guests. With many black, green, and herbal teas as well as various tea fare to choose from, you are guaranteed to enjoy your afternoon tea here! It will surely be an afternoon by the Golden Gate Park that you will not forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Secret Garden Tea House reviews from OpenTable diners
- High TeaBopeep4451Dined on 9/6/2013We had a great time here. The food is great and the tea selection is very expansive. We didn't see our waitress much, but she did do an excellent job helping us pick out a tea we liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice afternoon teatrixieDined on 9/5/2013Went for afternoon tea but a bit earlier then usual. The place is very quiet that I can hear crickets. Food and tea was good and on the large side. Definite good if there was more people there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tea for TwoThejazzyDined on 8/4/2013My daughter and I were completely happy with my choice to go to Secret Garden Tea House. The room was decorated as a traditional Victorian tea house and when we entered the room the smell of fresh baked goodies immediately got my mouth watering. The service was good and the food was fresh and delicious, just as I would expect for high tea. We were served a 3 tier assortment of fruit, sandwiches, scones and sweets and the pot of tea was fresh and flavorful. If you are looking for a place for high tea, the Secret Garden will not disappoint! It was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Merits of Afternoon TeaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2013This was my 2nd visit to Secret Garden Tea House. We decided that it will cap off her annual summer visit with us each year. The cafe has a sweet, English Garden feel with chintz, roses and lots of frou-frou hats to check out. We got the Bedford Tea, which has a nice selection of tea sandwiches, dessert items and a scone with Devonshire Cream and Jam. It's enough for 2 people to share and each gets their own choice of tea. This is an ideal shower, birthday or special occassion spot for a small to mid-size group. I didn't have any trouble finding parking for the two visits I've made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/24/2013Our hope was for a relaxing afternoon tea, but we raced through our event. The tea was excellent, the sandwiches delicious. However, the ambience was uncomfortable. Behind the facade of delightful tea cups and pink-and-white everything, the cheap chairs were uncomfortable, the tables were set in rows almost like a cafeteria. But the clincher was the strange music -- energetic jazz with the sound of traffic in the background (the door was left open). The waitress politely asked us if she could wrap up our leftovers. She came back with a small box, and I assumed she didn't bother to put in the fruit. In fact, she failed to put in the majority of leftover cookies, leaving me to wonder whether they ended up on the next person's tray.
- excellent relaxed afternoon teatealoverDined on 5/24/2013Ample food, outstanding quality, super nice service. Very accommodating, had to change timing relative to OpenTable reservations and it was very easy. Went there for birthday and when they overheard in our conversation we had a birthday they brought out a mini "cake" complete with candle, very sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice place to relaxOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2013Always a nice place to relax although there was another larger and kind of loud party in the tea house. Still, they were celebrating a birthday and we were trying to have a quiet conversation. Service was great as the lady didn't rush us even as closing time came. She let us eat and drink at our leisure and was discreet in letting us all now when we had to get out. I appreciate that.Special Features:
- I've been to Secret GardenOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/13/2013I've been to Secret Garden twice before and enjoyed it immensely: the treats, the whimsy, the sweet and refined experience This time however, it was sorely lacking. They seem to be cutting costs, which was reflected in small but important ways: plastic containers vs china for the devon cream and jam, tea bags vs loose tea leaves, milk vs cream for the tea, one waitress for three parties on a sunday afternoon... It all felt cheapened, which is a shame. I'll pay more for a more authentic experience. Tea isn't something you do every day, so the owners should make a greater effort to ensure it's special from beginning to end.
- Perfectly English tea room, delightRobinVIPDined on 3/5/2013Perfect for a light lunch or snack when seeing something in Golden Gate Park!Special Features:
- A great place for American-BritishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2013A great place for American-British style afternoon tea, especially if you pre-order your food. They are very accommodating to special requests. Out of the five teas we tried, we most liked the "Cherries in the Snow" black tea.Special Features:
- I love the English tea serviceLotusDined on 12/18/2012I love the English tea service that the Secret Garden provides. It made me feel I am in Europe enjoying high tea. Well done!Special Features: