Second Street Grill
200 Fremont St
Las Vegas, NV 89101-5622Neighborhood:
Fremont Hotel & Casino
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Second Street Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fremontcasino.com/dine/second-street-grill
- Phone: (702) 385-3232
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Monday and Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Asian
- Executive Chef: Teri Tomita
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Second Street Grill
Whether you are in shorts or slacks, Second Street Grill is a casual downtown steakhouse where everyone is treated like family. Unlike its glitzy and trendy competitors, this steakhouse is more cozy and intimate, offering a Pacific Rim menu featuring American dishes with European and Asian flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Second Street Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- ShastaVIPDined on 11/2/2014Well, you do get a ton of food, but that's about the extent of it. The quality is not great and the service is fair at best. There are too many great places in Vegas to waste your time here.
- Great food excellent serviceAirmaleDined on 10/30/2014You will not go wrong everything we had was outstanding exceptional service by our waiter JesusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honest FeedbackISpeakTheTruthDined on 10/26/2014Second Street (SS) used to be considered a fine dining establishment, today it is a restaurant that is more mediocre in everything they do. Service is good if you get 2 of the good servers, the rest of the staff is avg at best. Further, the timing of the delivery of the dishes ordered is choppy. When I was there 2 nites ago, the restaurant was only about 65% filled but delivery of dishes was slow. Food is overpriced and their attempt to be creative creates funny tasting dishes and sauces. Crab legs were cold, with some cream sauce over them and green onions and sesame seeds-a funny presentation. Butter for the bread was frozen. Tower of onions for the steak was greasy and soggy, I could go on some more, but I am running out of space.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014In the heart of old Vegas this restaurant is tucked away in the Fremont Casino. Our party ordered King crab legs and steaks. Each dish was amazing. Prices were great- I can't imagine what a comparable dinner would have cost on the strip. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad service!42jerseyDined on 10/20/2014We were seated at our table and our waitress comes over and immediately wants to take our drink order. I had just opened the wine list, I told her that I needed a minute and she just stood there. I had to ask her to come back. When she came back she wanted to take our drink order and food order. When she brought our bread next, she put butter and another dish of an unknown substance on the table, never did tell us what it was. Never offered the specials, we had to ask. The food was very good, my husband had a steak with Gorgonzola and I had a red snapper with veggies steamed in a bamboo basket. I also noticed that this particular waitress was the only one on the wait staff that had a helper. Ask for a male waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Very good food, for a very good price. Just do it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, outstanding serviceDinerFromCADined on 10/11/2014Quiet place to get away from the Fremont Street noise. Service is top notch. Food is above average, but not spectacular.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDinerguyVIPDined on 9/29/2014Made reservations on a whim and glad we did. Food was excellent and service was good. Our waiter was very personable. The shrimp and scallop dim sum was the best ever. Prime rib and crab leg dinners were good. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LucyDined on 9/15/2014A real gem on Fremont St. Wonderful, friendly service and a nice ambiance. I had the T-Bone special & wife had the filet & lobster tail, both steaks done to perfection. Salad & sides were included and all very good. Highly recommend 2nd St Grill!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2014I have been coming to this restaurant for 6 years now whenever I am in Vegas and have never been disappointed. Will keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantRomyDined on 8/15/2014Second Street Grill is a gem. Old school thinking in that I do not want to be friends with the wait staff and I found the familiarity a bit overdone. The food was excellent, the wine list is poor.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantJoJoHawaiiDined on 8/14/2014Las Vegas has been my vacation spot for the last 30 years. I can't believe that in all those years I missed dining at this fabulous restaurant. Everything rated five stars. I will definitely be eating there on every visit from now on.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseCubaLibreDozoDined on 8/10/2014Small place with a nice 1940's night club feel. The Asian fusion themed food is impressive. Great cocktails. My wife and I enjoyed it. Upper price range for Fremont street, but compared to the strip, reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Love Second Street GrillCanadianDined on 7/5/2014We have been coming to Second street grill for over 15 years. We had my husbands 50 th birthday with 20 of our friends and family. We are from Toronto Canada so this is a must on our trip to Vegas! The staff are wonderful and we always request Gloria as our server she is like family. My husband always has one of the fish dishes and my favorite is the lamb. Cant wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pigletDined on 6/16/2014Service of staff impeccable. Menu was excellent from the appetizers to the entrees. Waiters selection of new item salmon w/oyster sauce was spot on everyone in the place was eating it. We also had the duck in blackberry glaze it was scruptous not gamey actually tasted like a sweet roasted pork. My boyfriend who absolutely hates duck could not stop picking at it. I have to say this was one of the BEST dining experiences I have had in a long time...the great customer service had alot to do with it. Excellent , excellent service and suggestons throughout the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!!!!freedomday42Dined on 6/1/2014The food and service is awesome. The staff [especially Tony] has made my dining an awesome experience always. I look so forward to dining there again in November  with friends, to show how great a dining experience it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Street GrillSFtravelerDined on 5/30/2014Best place to eat while visiting the Fremont Street Experience. Quiet spot close to the action with good food at very reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spotty service marred the meal81heelDined on 5/17/2014We would liked to have ordered a second drink, but never had the chance after dinner was served. Had to ask another server (not ours) for a knife with dinner after the first was removed with the salad plate. Lots of different servers early each bringing bread, water and our entrees, then nothing until we had to ask for the check.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Excellent food for a fair price. Only comment is the service from our waitress was slow and one of our guest had ordered a drink and had to re-order because she forgot. But it did get very busy.Special Features:
- Asian fusion that always delivers!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/24/2014Great taste and excellent service. Portions are large, so you can expect great value for your money.Special Features:
- Great until dessert.ChintzyDined on 4/11/2014The food and service was excellent until we ordered cappuccino with our dessert. The cappuccino was served promptly, but the dessert did not arrive until long after we finished drinking our cappuccino. We told the waiter we expected to have dessert & cappuccino. He offered a refill. I asked if we would be changed, he conferred with his supervisor and he replied 'yes'. Rather chintzy, I think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantMongrolDined on 4/3/2014This was a great restaurant in a not so nice casino. We loved the food, my wife and I both had great meals. The price is not cheap but under a $100 for both of us is reasonable, not including drinks with an appetizer. We would highly recommend this restaurant in downtown Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th Anniversary Dinner WonderfulWendellDined on 3/24/2014We had very delightful dinner at 2nd St. Restaurant. From our entry greeting by the hostess (she also took our picture for us), to our exit stuffed and very happy, she again congratulated us. Out waiter and bus were very attentive always rechecking on us periodically, not over bearing. The food was excellent, cooked perfect-fully and very delicious. The special treat given us was really appreciated. We are already making plans for next year for our 31st, and before that when we be in Las Vegas in October to have dinner at 2nd St Restaurant. Aloha and God Bless, Wendell & Erlinda SerraoSpecial Features:
- The waitress was rude andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014The waitress was rude and food barely fair in quality. Would not go to this grill again.
- Just OkMeganDined on 3/9/2014The dining choices on Freemont Street are pretty limited. The Second Street Grill was ok. There were three of us. Two ordered the t-bone special and one ordered tuna. The t-bone was pretty fatty. The mushrooms that came with the t-bone were delicious. My husband ordered tuna and it was overcooked. Our service was ok. I think they were a little understaffed. Our waters were filled promptly and our plates were cleared immediately. This place is pretty small. Make sure you make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice in downtown Las VegasMAREDined on 2/15/2014Popular with tourists and locals in the downtown Freemont Hotel right near the Freemont Street experience. Nice atmosphere, great food - the rack of lamb is outstanding. Service was excellent and the waiter was very helpful. Prices affordable and noise level acceptable.Special Features:
- Wonderful Valentine's DinnerMikeDined on 2/14/2014We ventured down to Freemont street as it was impossible to get a reserveration at any of the well known places. After reading reviews and checking out the Second Street Grill it sounded perfect. Old Vegas it was. About 20-30 tables, we were seated in the back, private table and had a wonderful server named Tony. Our dinner lasted 2 hours and started with a bottle of Moet for $45. We had Steak and Lobster which were wonderful for under $40. Then ventured out to enjoy the Freemont experience. Not the glamor of the big resorts but one of our favorite nights in Vegas. Be sure and ask for Tony, he was fantastic and really made us feel special.Special Features:
- TamoTamoDined on 12/30/2013Food was good although would have preferred the lobster without the seasoning. It appeared that there was only one waiter so service was a little slow.Special Features:
- Overpriced, terrible serviceAlexDined on 12/30/2013The food was okay, but for the price you can do much better. The service was terrible. Nothing was explained, no drink refills, and our server did not check on us the entire time we were there.
- Good food, dated lookgnLiVIPDined on 12/27/2013Was surprised to find this place in the Fremont Hotel. It had very good reviews online. We were going to walk Fremont St. afterwards so we tried it. We had the NY steak and blackened Mahi. Both were a nice-sized portion and cooked well. The bread they serve for the table is a small, hearty loaf with mustard and butter spreads - very tasty. So, the meal itself was good. The decor is dated ... wood. The place give you a dark, to-me musty vibe. They should modernize it a bit to attract some of the younger clientele that is going downtown for all the new attractions. Also, the menu items could be improved and infused with a few specials (they offered no specials). Last note: the Napolean is huge!Special Features:
- Suprise findPersnickityDined on 12/6/2013This is a hidden gem in downtown. The food was well worth the visit. I had an Ahi steak that was incredible! My only problem with downtown is a lack of quality in bartending. My Martini was well prepared with inferior ingredients. If this restaurant put the same effort into its drink garnishes as it does the food it would rank higher for me. It's still very good and I'll be back whenever I'm in town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food VarietyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013I admired the variety in the appetizer list as well as the main entree selections. Of course the restaurant is inside the casino, so there is some sounds coming from outside the restaurant that remind you you're still in Vegas. Table sizes ranged from cozy for two to large corner seating for up to 6 people to room for tables to be joined for large groups. The one downside for me was no draft selections. All beers were bottled. Maybe this is more of a wine and mixed drink sort of venue. I prefer a good beer. Otherwise very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where to get a rack of lambSteveDined on 10/3/2013I wanted rack of lamb for dinner and did an internet search. The 2nd Street Grill came up with the highest rating. I agree with the rating, the lamb was perfect. My son had surf & turf which was equally delicious. The service was outstanding and we will definitely visit the Grill again when in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been going to SecondOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/18/2013We have been going to Second Street for many years and the food is consistently good. Lamb and crab legs were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.