810 11th Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.secondpress.biz/
- Phone: 8052267500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Swarthout
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private room for up to 14 guests, perfect for business meetings or special occasions. Wifi and large screen TV available.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Swarthout 8052267500
A word from Second Press
Located in Prime Downtown Paso Robles, Second Press offers incredible Panoramic Views of the historic city park. We invite you to join us to enjoy seasonal menus crafted with the freshest ingredients supplied by our local region. Second Press Wine Bar & Eatery, provides a vast array of remarkable dishes ranging from fresh seafood, salads and top quality local meats to mouth-watering desserts. A top destination for exquisite wines, picturesque landscapes and beautiful weather, Paso Robles delivers the perfect pairing for the Second Press upscale casual dining experience. Open daily from 11am. Complimentary Pop Up Wine Tasting Experience-Fridays and Saturdays from 5PM. Wednesday evenings Wine Flights & Bites with Live Music. Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Second Press - Best Restaurants in Paso Robles ›
Second Press reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (9)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (6)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Loved it!!KFinnVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great food, wine & friends! We'll be back!!! The scallops and lamb were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tasty TreatDiB1Dined on 8/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our delicious meals and the very reasonable corkage fee. In a wine town like Paso Robles, it's important to allow folks to bring their own bottles. And it's important to have a menu that pairs well with the hearty grapes Paso vineyards produce so well. Second Press does both and thus is another welcome addition to what's becoming a restaurant town worthy of our Paso wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly DissapointedJeremiahDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant was very nice and we (my wife and I) loved that when we walked in the door they offered wine tasting while we waited for our table. Staff was great but the food was not. The food wasn't bad but it wasnt great. At a place like this I would expect great.Special Features:
- Cool Vibe~TravELfooDieHapPYDined on 7/24/2014Very nice place. Great options on the menu. It was our second visit. The service is excellent. My special eggplant with palenta was not that special but there are many other tasty and unique options. I bet it would be great for lunch too. I love the location, Paso is a really fun place to visit.Special Features:
- Disappointing.NotafoodieDined on 7/4/2014Unfortunately, we can't give this restaurant high marks. Though the management and service staff are good, the food is just very disappointing. As one of my dining companions stated, "the food is just confused." The best item was one that we had heard about and ordered specially, since it was out of season on the menu. That was the brussels sprouts. They were wonderful. The rest of the meal that followed was disappointing. I ordered gazpacho, the soup of the day, and was served a tomatoey clarified broth, not the more typical and appealing "chunkier" variety I'm used to and prefer. The lobster salad I didn't finish. Lots of lobster, just not much taste.
- Delicious Food and WineDeliciousDined on 6/27/2014There was complimentary wine tasting when we arrived which was a nice perk. The food was exception. My favorite was the brussel sprouts which were on special. We also ordered the burger and the tuna appetizer. Both were very good. Service was good and the ambiance was not bad. I definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- Disappointed!doemarieDined on 6/13/2014At first we thought it would be a great place...not so much! Of the 6 of us only the person who ordered the burger was happy with his meal, except the fries tasted like the we're cooked old oil! The Oprah (3 of us ordered) was OVERCOOKED! The steak with marrow crust (shared )...hmmm, where was the marrow.? The bar area is too close to where we sat and was very noisy. OK place, but the food needs to definitely be improved.Special Features:
- Not as good as I thought!Winegirl99Dined on 5/31/2014I was totally disappointed when none of the yummy food listed on their menu from their web site were not not on the current menu. There is so many good places to eat in Paso this was just okay.
- Great Food, Great Wine!lck88VIPDined on 5/24/2014I love the fresh food! The waitress was able to recommend the right wine to go with my lamb dish and she was so right! I also loved that they were able to pour a half-glass of wine for me to finish my dinner. So I got 1 1/2 glasses of wine instead of having to buy 2 full glasses (which I then NEED to finish and then I've had too much!)Special Features:
- Great place!AbbyVIPDined on 5/24/2014This is a new restaurant that has worked out the opening "kinks." We love the brussels sprouts appetizer. The Miso salmon salad was unique and delicious. They also have a fair corkage fee - if you buy a bottle from their list, the corkage is waived if you bring one of your own. I just wish they had some kind of outside dining facilities.Special Features:
- Great Food!!nuccijsDined on 5/16/2014We visit the Paso area several times a year. This is a great addition to the area. The food is excellent!! Different menu items. The staff is exceptional! The manager, servers, hostess and table clearing personnel are all wonderful. Very energetic and friendly! We will be making this a for sure dinner spot when we visit!!!Special Features:
- The following 1 reviews are from the Second Press reviews archive.
- MarginalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Wine list was marginal. I selected 2 different wines, and they were out of them for a 7 PM reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.