Second Home Kitchen & Bar
150 Clayton Lane
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Second Home Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.secondhomedenver.com/
- Phone: (303) 253-3000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: M-F 6:30am-11am, Brunch: Sat, Sun 7am-2pm. Lunch: Mon-Fri 11am-2pm. Dinner: Sun-Thurs 5-10pm, Fri & Sat 5-11pm. Social Hour: M-F 4pm-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jeff Bolton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Join us on Saturdays from 10:00am-2:30pm for brunch. We offer a traditional a la carte brunch menu with your all your favorite dishes done only as Second Home can do them! Bacon Doughnuts and Bread Pudding French Toast any one? Our "design it yourself" bloody mary bar the bottomless mimosas and outdoor dining on the patio make Second Home a perfect spot to sit and enjoy a lazy Saturday afternoon.
A word from Second Home Kitchen & Bar
Second Home offers honest food accompanied by an abundant selection of micro-brewed beers and international wines, in a warm and sophisticated setting. All of this comes without pretense and with all the comforts of a grand, mountain retreat. Second Home is a nod to well-appointed coziness. With one arm around modern comfort food and the other out-stretched around a warm, ambient, fire-lit setting. We look forward to your visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Second Home Kitchen & Bar - Best Restaurants in Cherry Creek ›
Second Home Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (37)great for outdoor dining (36)fit for foodies (30)great for brunch (30)neighborhood gem (29)kid-friendly (25)special occasion (22)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (14)romantic (14)notable wine list (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- AMAZING Food, Great Staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014We went to Second Home for our anniversary. They took such great care of us from start to finish! The food was simply divine and the staff was helpful and friendly. I've been raving about it all week, and I can't wait to come back in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a Second HomeSungoddess314VIPDined on 11/16/2014I eat at Second Home often. In the winter, the comfort food is amazing Saabs you don't have to do any dishes. This past weekend, I ate brunch alone in the crowded restaurant and felt perfectly comfortable as the staff is attentive without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish FoodDEEMVIPDined on 11/15/2014The food was delicious and the service was great. Loud because of a private party going on but the servers did their best to seat us as far away as possible.
- Comfort food in a cozy sophisticated atmospheregolfnski4funDined on 11/15/2014We ate dinner on a cold, snowy night. The food really hit the spot. Every person in our party had a different entrée and we all loved what we ordered. The atmosphere was very modern and sophisticated. The service was excellent and food sublime. We would definitely recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereFKJ1Dined on 11/8/2014We had a wonderful meal here on a Saturday night. The food was delicious - flavorful, generous portion sizes, inventive. The service and atmosphere were great. We will be sure to return.Special Features:
- Great service!GwynderVIPDined on 11/7/2014We enjoyed our evening at Second Home. The food was good, the service was great!Special Features:
- Great Dinner, Outstanding ServiceTravelDined on 11/4/2014WOW, Stopped here for dinner with a co-worker. Found Great Food and Outstanding Service. Our server went above and beyond. Will be back next time I am in townSpecial Features:
- Really Good Food and Plenty of ItboraloraDined on 11/2/2014We've been to Second Home several times and it always exceeds our expectations. Fun place for brunch or lunch, and a great bar as well. The outdoor patio is beautiful, and even has outdoor fireplaces. The food is excellent and portions are large, especially at brunch. Not to be missed is the bag o doughnuts with three different sauces. They are actually donut holes, so order the baker's dozen because 6 will not be enough. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchCanesGirlVIPDined on 11/2/2014Great brunch! The calamari is excellent -- love the olives as an addition!Special Features:
- Always amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2014We live in the neighborhood and we always love Second Home. We had dinner with friends at night and my wife had a business brunch there in the morning. It's a great place and experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jojorayVIPDined on 10/5/2014Great food & service. We are regulars on Sunday for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meeting venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014I held a work meeting at Second Home and it was a great place to begin the day discussing ideas with colleagues. The service was wonderful and it was a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for the great brunch!ZoeSDined on 9/28/2014Thanks to the Second Home Team! We appreciate you patience with our late arrivals on our reservation and keeping our coffee cups filled to the brim during brunch! Your staff was warm and energetic and took great care of us! The food was great, I was encouraged to try the eggs ranchero and I was not disappointed! We normally get the chicken and waffles so this was a lovely switch! Thanks for the great meal!Special Features:
- FKarimDined on 9/26/2014My girl friends were celebrating my birthday and it was a good experience having them at a place that I usually used for client relations. It was just the server which he was a good one, just a little bit slow in serving us. He's a good server it might be because of the crowded hour.Special Features:
- Amazing service!!!KimmieDined on 9/22/2014I took my boyfriend for our 4th year anniversary where we originally met; the host greeted us with a nice Happy 4th Anniversary! She read my email request for a special anniversary chocolate desert, and brought it to the table after our meal without me having to mention it. I was amazed they even read my request and payed attention to the details. The food was delicious and the Calamari was awesome. See you for our 5th Anniversary! :) ~KimSpecial Features:
- Great lunchPattyjoVIPDined on 9/17/2014Went for lunch with friends and everything was perfect. It got too hot outside so they moved us in no problem. Food was excellent. The bar looked fun but empty at that time of day I will have to go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio!JtravelerVIPDined on 9/10/2014Sitting on the patio, or even just near the open large sliding doors, makes dining here a very pleasant experience. They have a menu with something for everyone and the food is very good and the service is attentive.Special Features:
- Urban Family FunBreakingFoodDined on 9/6/2014Everything was outstanding the Saturday night we were there. A nice feature is being inside but right next to lots of people in an open area with a flowing cloth roof and a fire in an open pit that made us feel we were outside, though we weren't.Special Features:
- Win Win!jenniesmithDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I took our daughters, 8 and 2, to Second Home for Pajama brunch and it was a great time! The kids enjoyed a very yummy spread and the kids den and my husband and I had a lovely brunch (bloody may bar was fantastic!) just close enough in case the kids needed us but far enough to relax. Will come again and tell every friend we know!Special Features:
- Amazing chicken soup; otherwise mehweezy335VIPDined on 8/30/2014For a quiet dinner out and reliable decent food, this place is good. Food presentation was lovely, but when I asked my group about taste, the majority answer was, "good." The service was a little raw. Best part of the night was discovering their chicken soup - amazing - with homemade noodles. Also, not sure what's happening with the lobby of the JW Marriott, but it's looking schlocky these days.Special Features:
- Attention to Detail!SilverSister02Dined on 8/28/2014I am embarrassed to say I can't remember our waitress's name as she was terrific! We went for restaurant week with friends and it was great. Good selection, modified my meal as I was on a diet, and first course was the Tuscan Kale which was yummy and then the chicken which was not over cooked, and served with perfectly sautéed spinach. Yum! My husband had the quesadillas and BBQ ribs, both of which were wonderful. It is not pretentious, very friendly and helpful staff and good food. One of the best kept secrets in Cherry Creek.Special Features:
- There's no place like (second) homeWyorunnerDined on 8/24/2014Our visit during restaurant week was superb. Attentive waitstaff were more than willing to help us work with food allergies and a kitchen staff met all needs related to this....very understanding and NO symptoms of allergy related problems after the meal. That said, our crew enjoyed tender chicken and perfectly spiced ribs. The peach pie and warm brownie were a perfect ending. Add a wine/beer list that met our needs and it was a great evening. A quick review of the whole menu revealed some great daily specials that were inviting. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedKellUtopianEventsVIPDined on 8/20/2014I have eaten at second home more times than I can remember and each and every time I have been pleased from beginning to end. The food is out of this world, the service is spot on, and the ambiance is warm and inviting. It is such a great date night destination and a true addition to Denver's culinary scene.Special Features:
- Second HomekristinDined on 8/19/2014We had a wonderful dinner and service. Tuna tartare was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch.kwriterDined on 8/17/2014My friends loved the make-your-own Bloody Mary bar and our food was delicious!Special Features:
- Doubt I'll go a second time....DiningDivaDined on 8/16/2014Was stuck in traffic, so called the restaurant-the gal said they didn't even have a reservation...this was odd since I booked two weeks out via Open Table. Given excuse that it was pushed to the next day because they had so many reservations. I was upset because I had asked for something special, as this was my dad's birthday and my parents anniversary. Got to the restaurant right on time (new time), were taken to a table directly in front of the kitchen doors-not good for this type of dinner, or any for that matter, so we asked for a different one. Server was really nice, but took about 20 mins to get drinks, an hour before the dinner came, food medicore, at best. Was given a nice dessert, prob won't be back. Not worth the $100+ tab.
- thisgaiDined on 8/9/2014A good location and very nice staff, but the food was less than impressive. I might have been able to do better at home... Granted, neither of us got a fish dish which seems to be their specialty of sorts, but still. Nothing awful, just not very good.Special Features:
- Very accommodatingGubbiniVIPDined on 8/3/2014Our Sunday brunch experience was very positive. The staff pleasantly and quickly adjusted our reserved table for 10 to 12 people at the last minute. They also offered a little "something special" to celebrate the new bride and groom at our table. They made adjustments to certain dishes to accommodate preferences (my husband asked for the caramelized onions to be omitted from the corn beef hash) and they kept our coffee mugs full without being intrusive. Everyone in our group polished off their food, so I can only assume that everyone was happy with their order, whether it was Belgian waffles, corn beef hash, Mediterranean frittata, breakfast burrito or eggs benedict. All the waitstaff were very pleasant and helpful. Ambience was nice too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningenjoyeatingoutDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I have been to Second Home before and the food was wonderful, so we invited another couple for our second visit. We sat outside, on a perfect night. We shared crab cakes, we started with glasses of wine and then ordered a bottle, we each had a different entree and we ended with a delicious dessert !!Our server, Sierra, was exceptional, she was friendly and attentive but not at all intrusive. It was a perfect evening, and our friends are excited to bring other friends to this terrific find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second HomeDonaldDined on 8/1/2014The noise level was deafening. Maybe it was because it was a Friday night. Our server was very attentive at the start, but just disappeared after the meal was served. We had to hunt them down for service. It took us almost 15 minutes to get our car from valet. The street was filled with cars with engines running and no one in sight. We will not go back.Special Features:
- Kitchen in the weedsFatDaddyVIPDined on 8/1/2014We have eaten here many, many times with our wonderful children. The food is decent and the room is comfortable. Our server, Sarah, was great but the kitchen was dragging so it took a loooong time. They took the corn bread off of the menu which was one of our favorite items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...but not great.AndrewLuck4PresidentDined on 7/31/2014Our first visit to Second Home was for my wife's b-day in April. During our April visit everything was short of amazing. The food was excellent. Our recent visit (on a thursday) was just okay. The app was okay, dinner was okay, desert was excellent. We had Logan as our waiter and he was awesome! Very attentive and made our night special. We will definitely go back..just hope our next visit is as good as our first.Special Features:
- Great Comfort FoodOpentablenicknameDined on 7/30/2014I had the BBQ beef brisket and my partner had the chicken and waffles. Both were delicious! We shared the calamari and that was good as well. The only drawback was the glass of wine I ordered - a cabernet. It was not good, probably the bottle had been opened too long. I did send it back and replaced it with a martini which seemed to be a bit watered down. The wines by the glass selection was a bit disappointing, overall. Aside from the alcohol, my friend and I had a very good experience and I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Loved it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014If I'm ever in the Denver area again, I will definitely re-visit this amazing resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Hotel FoodeatoutalotVIPDined on 7/26/2014Tried this spot for the first time. Love the validated valet parking at the JW Marriot on a rainy Cherry Creek night! Food was interesting, great fresh fish and smoked prime rib special. The acoustics are a little tough for hearing your dining partner. We will try gain for sure.Special Features:
- The following 698 reviews are from the Second Home Kitchen & Bar reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014The restaurant was beautiful. Staff was friendly. Some of our meals were excellent. Some were sub-standard given the look and feel of the place. (i.e. diner style sandwich in a more upscale appearing place doesn't compute.) Service was good but slow. Given the few tables in the restaurant, it was a little too slow. No pressure good. Waiting around, not so good. All in all, we really enjoyed our time there, the relaxed atomosphere, the staff's disposition, and great menu selection. We'll keep it on our 'place to go to' list...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/22/2014Good find! The restaurant is inside the Marriott which is important to know since you can't see it from the outside and if you want to park there don't bypass the valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchkvaugnhn75Dined on 7/20/2014My second meal here for quiet brunch last Sunday. First big plus of this lovely hotel, free valet parking if you dine here. I had made a reservation on Open Table (I don't know why anyone doesn't use it at this day and age) for 8:30 and they quickly seated us outside in the courtyard where the tables surround a huge fire pit and sofas. Our waiter (name escapes me) was fantastic. Server forgot some items and he quickly brought them to the table. I had the Mediterranean Frittata with fruit ($2 substitution for home fries) and my boyfriend had the French Toast with Ricotta and Blueberry Maple Syrup, both delicious. Great Bloody Mary as well, make your own. Kids eat free, can wear pjs. Highly recommend if tired of your regular diner outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, annoying crowd.GarrettVIPDined on 7/16/2014Pinnacle of the Cherry Creek cougar scene here. The food was great but lots of places have great food without all the noise and the D-bags.
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/16/2014a friend of mine had raved about this restaurant. I was underwhelmed by the menu choices. The food was good, not great. Will probably not go back.Special Features: