Seaview's Main Dining Room
401 South New York Road
Galloway, NJ 08205Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seaview's Main Dining Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dolce-seaview-hotel.com/
- Phone: 6096521800
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast- Every Day 7am - 10:00am Brunch-Every Sunday 1130am-2pm (Brunch is not offered in January and February)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Sean Kinoshita
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Hoffman 6097484310
A word from Seaview's Main Dining Room
The Main Dining Room at Seaview; From our famous Champagne Sunday Brunch to the ever popular Seafood Buffet – come make your own history at the Seaview ResortContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seaview's Main Dining Room reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (11)special occasion (10)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)romantic (4)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Timeless classicTomrDined on 9/28/2014Beautiful setting for an amazing meal continuous mimosas excellent service deserts to die for One negative the front bar should be open the room is a great place to set a relax after a great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining room closedCapemaydinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014This is the second time this has happened at Seaview's Main Dining Room. I book a reservation on Open Table, it gets confirmed and when I get there, the dining room is closed and the staff looks at me like I am crazy. This is a beautiful dining room and I have had wonderful meals there but long ago. Don't get it?!
- luvcawinesDined on 9/14/2014They do a great job for their Sunday champagne brunch. Atmosphere is pleasant and live piano music enhanced the mood. The service was exceptionally attentive and friendly. Most of the food was good, some items very good (carving station roast beef, omelette station, cocktail shrimp, pork loin with polenta). Only disappointment is for those of you who enjoy dessert! Unfortunately, the pastry chef apparently has a talent for creating very nice looking assorted selections that taste awful. But it's a great overall brunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMarielaDined on 9/7/2014One of the best brunch ever! The food, the service and the ambiance were perfect. We appreciated also the nice music played by the pianist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 taste budsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed the Sunday brunch recently. We were first happy to see a beautiful room... the appointments were elegant but comfortable. The Staff was professional and welcoming. BUT the food was much more than expected. The presentations were an elevated "brunch" setting. The desserts were set out to please both the eye and the palate. The main courses were very good quality foods... This was an all-round happy experience. We eat out often (high end). We will definitely return! DONT change a thing! Thank you for a wonderful experience. We will surely recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchBillTDined on 8/3/2014we have been to Seaview several times and enjoyed this place very much and will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 139 reviews are from the Seaview's Main Dining Room reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014We have been coming to the area for several years as an owner of the Seaview Villa Resorts. This was one of the best meals at the hotel in years.Special Features:
- Seaview BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2014Excellent! Great food and a affordable price. The atmosphere was beautiful and the service was great.Special Features:
- wonderfulgreatVIPDined on 6/8/2014I came with a group of friends everyone was very attentive and helpful the food was amazing . It was a very memorable birthday celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers dayQutypyVIPDined on 5/11/2014I thought it would be a nice lace to have a brunch for my family of 5 on Mothers day.. I actually felt like I was on cruise ship to nowhere.The tables were jammed in ..so tight, chairs from other table were right up against each other. My waiter was obviously exhausted and was a bit disheveled looking. No water refills, had to ask 3 times for a cup of tea, no coffee pot refill either. Never received the regular milk for coffee ( I hate cream ). Food was just ok. Not worth the chaos and I won't do again.
- Great Mother's Day / GraduationBrunchDined on 5/11/2014We went here for a Graduation Brunch (daughter was graduating from Stockton) and it also happened to be Mother's Day. We had a lovely brunch! Had a reservation for noon. We were seating immediately. As soon as we were seated, we received glasses of water, were greeted with "Happy Mother's Day (for the moms at the table), and immediately after that we received our Mimosa's! The the wide variety of food, fantastic service and beautiful atmosphere all made this a superb day!! Seaview was a great choice for our celebration. Would definitely go there again for another important celebration. Five Stars...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I had to ask for a high chair 3 times, I had to ask for a server, he never greeted us or offered something to drink. we were a group of 8 and dirty dishes piled up quickly and once again had to ask to get them cleared. one last note, desserts weren't labeled. i asked a chef and the initial response was he didn't know. over all horrible service for such an expensive meal. it's absolutely unacceptable.
- Great Sunday Brunchluv2brunchDined on 5/4/2014The food was excellent with plenty of options and the service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchMikeDined on 5/4/2014We attend the Sun.brunch alot. We had our daughters wedding in this room. The only criticism would be some dishes were out and had to wait a while to have them refilled.Special Features:
- Brunch with teenagersWinerDined on 4/27/2014Aside from the fact I had requested a window table with my reservation, the table ended up next to to buffet table, although the distant view was pleasant. The hostess inquired to her superior regarding my reservation preference, but stated was unable to accommodate my window request for the six of us. The food was very varied and enjoyable. I did recommend to coworkers next day.Our servers were very friendly and eager to please. I have always liked Seaview for a visit with the past elegance of Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Awesome champagne brunchIndiejayDined on 3/23/2014Everything on the wide selection of brunch menu items was great! The waiters kept pouring on the mimosas. A coffee pot was on each table. And to top it all off, my wife got a birthday cake (not from the buffet even when the cakes were awesome too) from the waiters! The xylophonist played happy birthday while the cake was brought up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2014We hadn't been to this restaurant in a number of years. When we saw the newspaper advertisement we were surprised at the reasonable price for their Sunday brunch. The quality of the food was very good. The ambience was very nice with a very talented piano player playing background music. We will go back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2014Our waiter needed some sleep. Other staff members were great, especially the person at the carving station. We will be back and bring more people.Special Features:
- elegant get awayMaryDined on 1/26/2014The main dining room of the Dolce Seaview Hotel in Galloway Township NJ is a gem! Elegantly decorated and perfect for couples and groups as well, the Sunday breakfast buffet was delicious and satisfying for the meat eater and this vegetarian/seafood eater. The hostess and wait staff were attentive and pleasant and left me looking forward to my next visit to this historic golf resort & spa hotel not far from Atlantic City, the Noyes museum and Smithville!Special Features:
- Outstanding Sunday BrunchRichardVIPDined on 1/19/2014We stopped here on the way back home from Atlantic City for Sunday Brunch. Everything was excellent. They had a carving station with ham and prime rib. They served mimosas and champagne. Their waffles were the best thing there. There was also an omelet station. There weren't any pancakes but really who wants those at a buffet. They don't really keep well on a steam table. They also had quite a choice of desserts which included bread pudding, peach cobbler, pumpkin pie, carrot cake, pecan tarts, among other things. I highly recommend this place if you're heading back home from A.C. as an alternative to the casino buffets. Plus the dining room is 100 times nicer and more elegant than the cafeteria vibe you get at the casinos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to start the New YearOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The New Years price fix menu was perfect! Service was a bit slow and groups seemed to have gotten preference. But, the slower pace was actually a blessing as the amount of food was awesome. The raw bar to start was one of the best! A bit loud but not to the point being unable to chat with friends. Will be back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchryamagucDined on 12/29/2013Just had a great brunch at Seaview. Great shrimp and calamari salad. Tilapia Francis and steamed clams were also excellent. Prime rib was tender and moist. Topped it off with a Baked Alaska. Thanks Shannon for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveJamesDined on 12/29/2013SeaView's brunch is first class all the way. The food is excellent and the ambiance and service to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Christmas Day brunchDeeDeeDined on 12/25/2013A wonderful holiday meal, staff excellent, food absolutely top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingpoorDined on 12/24/2013Not enough choices,buffet was half the size as previous years. Soup was un-enable,Seafood was poor quality...Staff serving food at buffet line.were un-helpful. Will not return
- Everyone Enjoyed SeaviewMaryAnnDined on 12/1/2013For my husband's 65th birthday, I took him, our son and two little granddaughters to the Seaview for the Champagne Brunch. I was a bit concerned that the girls ( 2 and 3) would not last the outing but my concerns were not sustained. My husband enjoyed very much being grandpa, getting them tasty treats and helping them sip juice. The staff was very friendly and helpful and saw that our every need was met including lids on the juice cups. The food was wonderful, my son really enjoyed adult food that was not from a franchise. I would like to add that the coffee was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2013We spent Thanksgiving with family and neighbors at the Seaview buffet. It was a wonderful meal. The choice of food was wonderful and the attention by the waitress was 'over the top"... Even though it was a buffet she was so attentive to us. The room was beautiful and festive and the food was delicious. The only disappointing thing was the crème brulee was gone by the time we went for dessert.. And that was the deciding factor for my choice of location.. We had the last seating. I will not do that again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first ThanksgivingFinkDined on 11/28/2013This was our first Thanksgiving at Seaview, the buffet was outstanding. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/28/2013Excellent thanksgiving buffet. Well priced for what we got. What stood out to us was how fresh the turkey was and great service. Will go backSpecial Features:
- Another great Thanksgiving buffet!newfie29Dined on 11/28/2013This is our fourth year at the buffet, and it just gets better. The raw bar includes freshly shucked oysters, clams and crab claws. A variety of salads are offered, along with soups, cheese, charcuterie. A carving station offered turkey and ham, along with the usual sides. I skipped the mundane in favor of short ribs which were served with a delicious mascarpone polenta, topped with fried onion strings - seriously, I could've eaten vats of this polenta - roasted salmon with a mushroom Israeli couscous, and more. The desserts were really the only disappointment, which was okay since I couldn't care less about pumpkin pie - the mini crème brulee did the trick for me...a very nice experience - we'll be back for the Christmas brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden GemshoremavenDined on 8/30/2013Went for the Friday Seafood night and was not disappointed. The food was excellent, the choices fabulous, and after the dinner, the chef and sous chef came out to chat. The portions were plentiful and prepared as requested. Lovely setting but could use some soft music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a great Sunday brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2013Overall a great Sunday brunch. Even though the menu changed from a buffet to an ala carte dining style, the choices were still well varied and balanced and the service remained pleasant and professional. We would return again and I would recommend to my friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Seafood Dinner!davesarnVIPDined on 8/16/2013We love this resort and have been here many times. This was the first time we have tried the Friday night seafood dinner. What a deal for $55/person! Beautiful fresh shellfish seafood tower to start, huge lobster bake entree and a Viennese desert table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!SunshineDined on 8/16/2013We originally were looking forward to the seafood buffet that we knew and loved, but decided to try the prize fixe dinner on Friday anyway. It was delicious!! The seafood appetizer consisted of king crab legs, shrimp, oysters and clams and was wonderful. The filet was the choicest cut of meat that I have had in a long time and was cooked to order and the dessert table was scrumptious. The service left a little to be desired. On the whole it was a very nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so Great for Brunch Anymore!RJSfromJCDined on 7/28/2013I made reservations on-line for Sunday brunch buffet. Menu on screen detailed various buffet stations (much as I remebered them ... we dined there many times before). Our preference was for a 10:00 a.m. seating but the screen defaulted to 12:30 p.m. Okay, it's a popular place. Earlier reservations were likely sold out so I went with the later seating. Upon arrival, we learned the buffet was discontinued "some time ago." All in my party were very disappointed. The on-screen buffet menu was deceptive vis-a-vis the a la carte reality. Was this Seaview's doing or an oversight by OpenTable? The food was good but the experience fell far short of expectations. Servers were good/ experienced at managing our discontent. They saw all it before. Sad!
- Change is not always a good thing!CityCatnycVIPDined on 7/21/2013For over 10 years we have gone to Seaview for some R&R and Golf. One of the highlights has been their fabulous Sunday buffet brunch. Alas, it is no more. Just usual brunch fare albeit good but nothing compared to the elegant and delicious over the top buffet. Cannot recommend it. A new general manager is coming on board so hopefully he will have the smarts to bring back the buffet that was always packed with locals and yearly visitors (like us) and seasonal golfers. Until it returns we head over to the Smithville Inn down the road for their divine Sunday buffet along with all the former Seaview Loyalists.
- Big DisappointmentMaryVIPDined on 7/5/2013We have been coming to Friday night seafood buffet for many years. Made reservations on line and only learned that the seafood buffet was no longer offered when we sat down for dinner. A land and sea price fixe menu was offered and was underwhelming, overpriced at $55 per person and understaffed. A second bottle of the wine we chose wasn't available because they ran out. The Viennese table only had a handful of items, no chocolate mousse, no fountain, no cakes. Very disappointing. We inquired about Sunday brunch and found out it wasn't a buffet, also a price fixe. As patrons who have frequented Seaview for years when it was run by Marriott the food had been phenomenal. Seaview run by Stockton a big disappointment.
- Special Occasion DestinationMikeDined on 7/5/2013Seaview is classy and pretty with its round and spacious dining room.In the past, there used to be a fabulous buffet on Fridays, but now it is just dessert that is served buffet style. For the rest of the courses you have a choice of a couple of different salads, and several entrees.There's a nice wine list, and, for an additional charge, you can have wine selections paired with each of your courses. The food is served very nicely, but the service..hm. My partner had to take my water when no one offered refills. A knife fell onto the floor,so we placed it off to the side, but it was never noticed by our waiter and removed from the table. No coffee was offered at the end of the meal, and we were pretty much ignored once dinner was served.Special Features:
- 20% Gratuity included in checkAnnie26foodieDined on 5/12/2013We enjoyed the food and the lovely view, but since it was a buffet, we did not expect to get a bill with a 20% gratuity charge attached. The service was not really good, as someone approached our table when we first arrived for our drink order, but never came back to remove any plates or ask if we would like another drink. We had to look around the room to find someone to pay attention to us.Special Features:
- Holiday Sunday BrunchBunnyDined on 5/12/2013The Holiday Sunday Brunch at Seaview is one of the best in South Jersey. The main dining room is beautiful and the food is exceptional. I highly recommend the Seaview's Holiday Sunday Brunch. I have enjoyed many Easter and Mother's Day brunches at the Seaview and they are always fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.