Seaview at Ocean Place
1 Ocean Blvd
Long Branch, NJ 07740Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Seaview at Ocean Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 7324835788
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Barry Walling
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available. Our executive chef is happy to work with you to cater any sized event.
- Entertainment: Our oceanfront seating area boasts stunning views and live music throughout the summer months. Call ahead for schedule of entertainment.
A word from Seaview at Ocean Place
With stunning ocean views and a newly remodeled dining room, Seaview introduces itself as one of New Jersey's premier oceanfront restaurants. Enjoy a cocktail at our beautiful marble-top bar, celebrate with family and friends at a large table, or cuddle up in a quiet, candle-lit corner with a loved one. Chef Barry Walling has put a Caribbean twist on a world-class contemporary menu that now boasts a full raw bar. Dive into his signature Atlantic Beach Tacos, with your choice of buttermilk fried fish or chicken, sweet chili glaze and Kool-Aid spiked watermelon -- or try his popular Suntanned Salmon with saffron pearl couscous and baby spinach. With salads, soups, crispy buttermilk calamari, roasted pineapple guacamole and more, everyone in your party is guaranteed to find something on the menu that will quickly become a favorite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seaview at Ocean Place reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)good for groups (2)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great spotmasterDined on 8/18/2014First things first, the menu's light up, so that's cool. There was almost no one else there, which surprised me. You can see the beach from where you sit and its beautiful. Food was cool/good too! Worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A basic hotel restaurantApollo77Dined on 7/25/2014While Seaview claims that they are a seaside fine dining experience, it is just a typical hotel restaurant. Small servings, basically prepared with little imagination. For example, the grouper with quinoa was very small, served only with a side of quinoa. This was $32. The pork chop was just a cooked pork chop. Veal Milanese was decent, with a nice arugula salad topping. However the veal was over fried and on the dry side. Appetizers were OK, but also quite small. You are paying for the "ambiance" of ocean front dining. However, if the Seaview wants to attract diners other than hotel guests, they need to step up their game. There are many other better dining choices in the area.Special Features:
- Poor ServicepwpwDined on 7/12/2014I have never written a bad review of a restaurant but I can't help myself. We arrived on time for our 8PM reservation and were seated quickly in a half-filled restaurant. Then we waited 20 minutes and nobody served us. Finally I grabbed a busboy and asked him to send over our server. Somebody finally came over, then had to leave to get the drink menu. She took our drink order and never came back. We waited another 20 minutes before the drinks arrived. I complained again that nobody took our order and a 2nd server showed up and took our order. Then a 3rd server showed up, said he was our server & took our order again. We did not actually eat until 9:30. The food was fair (not great) and to be fair the Maitre'd took 15% off our bill
- Great ViewBeachbumDined on 7/12/2014The food, service and view were great. The oceanfront dining was really nice. However, on a windy day it can be very cold. I would recommend the restaurant use heaters. We asked our server to bring us pool towels, which she very nicely did. But it was still cold and our food got cold quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Enjoyable Dinner!!pook26VIPDined on 6/14/2014Our first experience at Seaview was a positive one. This past Sat night they have a band playing outside so it was fun having dinner with the live music. The food was very good, crab cakes were the standout dish. I will definitely come for dinner again during the summer season. The restaurant is part of the hotel and is right next to Pier Village so location is prime. The parking attendant never heard of the restaurant so maybe the hotel should do a better job of making the place known to their workers. We were almost steered in the wrong direction but found the restaurant on our own.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Seaview at Ocean Place reviews archive.