2010 Western Ave
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tomdouglas.com/index.php/restaurants/seatown
- Phone: 2064360390
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 8:00am - 3:00pm.
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adrienne Chamberlain
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Gretchen Geisness 2064360390
A word from Seatown Seabar
Seatown, is where you can sit and satisfy all the cravings you developed walking through the Pike Place Market. One half of the menu is devoted to the bounty of fresh local seafood and the other is anchored by the fragrant meats from our rotisserie oven.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seatown Seabar reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (31)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (21)scenic view (19)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (7)hot spot (5)special occasion (5)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Great food, good service, and an overall pleasant dinning experience. Both pot pies were delicious, as were the ribs and tri-tip. Dessert was fantastic. As always, the coconut cream pie is a slice of heaven! Would recommend to anyone. Now on to the next Tom Douglas eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014I was afraid of this being a tourist trap because of the proximity to Pike's Place, but it's a small restaurant to keep it from being overrun with delicious seafood.Special Features:
- Seatown for breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Great place near Pike Place Market for breakfast! We're so glad to have more downtown and Capitol Hill restaurants taking reservations. It's so much nicer than standing in lines or having to check multiple restaurants for space.Special Features:
- Early BrunchVeeg98059Dined on 8/2/2014This was our first time to Seatown and early for our reservation by almost 30 minutes but pleasantly surprised when the hostess sat us. The table was nice by the window with a great view of the market area and the food was delicious. However, it would have been more delicious if it had been hot. That was really our only complaint. I had the french toast and my partner had the crab benedict. All very delicious but luke warm at best.Special Features:
- Tasty foodNettieDined on 8/2/2014I went with 5 people for dinner. I loved my entree...the appetizer was delicious also. I took a bite (or 2) of my son's dinner. The flavors were spot on. Everything was very tasty.Special Features:
- Decent seafood. Good location.CyberJayVIPDined on 7/26/2014We met up with some out-of-town friends at Seabar on Saturday evening (we're locals). The location across from the water is great. Our waiter was incredibly knowledgeable about the seafood offerings, such as the difference between types of crab, types of oyster etc. Among the 4 of us, we shared a number of different starters and main courses. In general, the seafood dishes were pretty good. Reliable but not the most memorable, like many Tom Douglas experiences. If going here, you should probably avoid the non-seafood dishes. We were less impressed by those. So on the whole: (1) good for out-of-town visitors, (2) good (not great) for seafood, (3) not good for non-seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best breakfast in SeattlePNWStuDined on 7/26/2014The day after our wedding, my wife and I chose this restaurant to meet with the wedding party and have breakfast, sign paperwork, and relax. As always, the service was excellent, the food incredible, and the location perfect. The staff of the restaurant went out of their way to accommodate our larger party size (generally this is a venue for smaller groups, but since it was our favorite we couldn't go anywhere else). Great place any time of day but by far our favorite breakfast in Seattle.Special Features:
- Good but not greatWax28173Dined on 7/25/2014My friend had high expectations for this lunch. We ordered the crab sandwich (lots of bread) and the eggs Benedict. Great location and good food...we had reservations but I wouldn't wait a hour for it.
- Enjoyed our evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Our experience was very nice. The food was well presented. Our server was knowledgable and was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed resultsDiningAdventuresDined on 7/13/2014we met here with friends visiting from out of town. I had rotisserie chicken which has good flavors, nice mashed potatoes. one friend had mussels and really enjoyed them and another appeared to like his pot pie. My hubby ordered the risotto however, and was extremely disappointed. He said it had no flavor what-so-ever and on a scale of 1-to-10 was around a "2"Special Features:
- Outstanding SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/12/2014Excellent seafood-all 6 courses we ordered! Wine list had a nice selection. The waiter was excellent and even took back a wine that we thought was a little tired (by the glass). This was a great find even though it was in the busy Pike's St Market area, excellent people watching and the food was terrific. Will be back!Special Features:
- Delicious DinnerCrabcakesDined on 7/12/2014Caesar salad. steamed clams and fisher monger's stew - all excellent along with Dahlia Bakery crusty loaf of bread. Grand service from Eileen who was wealth of knowledge about their food and about Seattle in general. Fun evening with fabulous food. Go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle MustOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014While visiting Seattle, I asked a local where to go for a great "Seattle" experience. She recommended any Tom Douglas location. We chose Seabar because it was a little more casual than the others. We split crab legs as an appetizer. I had the fish monger's stew and my husband had the halibut. All of our dishes were delicious! Our server was friendly and helpful. They have a great beer and wine list, but we stuck with the house martinis. They were perfect! If the weather is nice, ask to sit outside - it's great spot to people watch.Special Features:
- Something fun and differentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Unusual and appealing menu, beautifully executed. It was fun to sit outside right next top Pike Place Market.Special Features:
- Work Lunch done rightcclawDined on 6/30/2014Had an amazing meal with coworkers at SeaTown. I highly recommend this place for any event that might be slightly casual but you still want to have a killer meal. As always, a Tom Douglas restaurant doesn't disappoint. Check it out! Best in the spring/summer when the windows and doors are open or you're able to sit outside.Special Features:
- Amazing fish monger stewLoveDiningOutDined on 6/28/2014Smoked salmon collar - who knew! It was on the crowning piece of a fish stew that was fit for royalty! Loved it! I would go back every day just for this dish! Also wonderful bread - and very interesting "pork lardo" - like a spreadable butter, so to speak. My son couldn't get enough of it - but my mom passed on that. She preferred the butter! Great meal with family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aside from the White Chocolate...GoGoBearVIPDined on 6/17/2014Aside from the White Chocolate Coconut pie, there was not a single thing noteworthy about this place. Food unexceptional, service mediocre, ambiance totally lacking. We ended up here dining with some friends who regard this as one of their favorites, but we were left totally unimpressed. At $50/head (not including tip), we will not be repeating.
- Nothing SpecialNickDined on 6/16/2014Brought friends from out of town for a Seattle experience near the Market. Started great as my reso was for four but we ended up with 5 and they were wonderful figuring it out. Server was hit and miss, asked for order within 10 minutes of arrival and drinks had barely hit the table top. She figured it out, give us a few. Then it went the reverse trying to send smoke signals to get her attention to reorder a bit later. Food was nothing special, not bad but not anything you would share about with friends and plate presentation was more cafeteria like than a prideful restaurant/chef. For a TD restaurant I guess I just expected more.
- carolhamDined on 6/14/2014Casual Dining with a small restaurant feel. We liked the food choices and prices and service was excellent.Special Features:
- The CHICKEN was unrealSeattleFirstDined on 6/14/2014You may be as surprised as I was when I saw this amazing chicken platter come out to a gentleman while my girlfriend and I waited to be seated. After looking over the menu, the chicken was stuck in both of ours minds and we ended up going for it. Seatown is of course a seafood restaurant, but this rotisserie chicken was some of the best I have ever had. Rubbed with flavor (specifically a mild chile) and cooked to perfection with Asparagus and mashed potatoes. It was a healthy portion size (1/2 chicken) and was a terrific balance of flavors....now I just need to figure out how to mimic this at home :-)Special Features:
- Much Needed Water DiningsimplebutgreatDined on 5/26/2014we were coming home from a trip to Victoria on the Clipper and as we were sailing found this water view, well priced, seafood location on open table. not knowing what to expect, we found it on the most desirable pike place market corner with sidewalk, outdoor seating on a sunny day. it was inviting, warm and a welcome return home. the menu was just what we wanted with two boys and the desire for great, easy affordable seafood. kudos Tom Douglas, you did it again!Special Features:
- Out of Town GuestsabctDined on 5/25/2014Relatives from Switzerland visiting Seattle on a cruise exchange day. After stolling the Pike Place Market, picked Seatown Bar for a late brunch. Concise menu that hit the seafood bases very well. Everyone loved the stack of Dungeness crab on top of seaweed / sesame oil salad. Great sandwich grouping with crab, salmon, tuna well represented. Nice selection of wines to complement a great lunch. We didn't have any of the offered breakfast items. I will next time.Special Features:
- Great Brunch SpotYouDoTheDishesDined on 5/11/2014We've been to Seatown a few times. It's our go-to place for resting our feet while kicking back a couple of drinks after roaming the market. Their shrub drinks are awesome. Hearty Bloody Marys. Oyster stew is the best!Special Features:
- unusually slow service for b'fastyowzaVIPDined on 5/11/2014Stopped here for brunch on a Sunday. Had reservations. Food was good - but took us an hour before breakfast was brought out. We didn't order brisket or BBQ....it was eggs. I think there must have been something with our order. Others around us rec'd their orders far before we did. I didn't raise it as a big deal as we weren't in a hurry...but they didn't even throw in the coffee! Haven't had this experience at other Tom Douglas restaurants before...?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle StopoverJimHVIPDined on 5/7/2014I had one meal to grab in a great food town and was told a Tom Douglas Restaurant was the way to go. I was not disappointed. Location - waterview next to Pike Place Mkt - was a plus. Food was fantastic. Started out with the Albacore Tuna Poke which was a great blend of flavors. Dinner was the Porchetta with a fabulous spice run. Dessert was a cream cake that was a perfect finish. The restaurant/company does a fabulous job with social media engaging with a cross country traveler. I had one meal in Seattle, and if I had to do it all over again I would.Special Features:
- Best salad everMocha4581Dined on 4/30/2014I really enjoyed Seatowns food and staff. The salad, garlic bread and cocktails were fab. My only reasoning to not give it a 5 was the staff was slow to get our order and bill. And the portions are on the small to medium size. But it was definitely one of the best seattle eats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2 reviews are from the Seatown Seabar reviews archive.
- Seatown dinnerBrightbulbsDined on 4/25/2014The food was great and we felt like it was well priced. We ate crab salad BLT and crab cakes. They were both fine. We had smoked salmon chowder and it was excellent! Then had Rhubarb, Blood Orange Tart, which was actually a rip-off! There was no rhubarb in this (and I know!) and a teaspoon of red sauce on a "cheesecake," which was some cream cheese sauce on a small cookie! That was it - for $8.50. Wow! All our dinner was fairly slow too, but all in all we enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!theyoungdeniseDined on 4/16/2014The food was perfect. The drinks were fun! We had a lovely meal and enjoyed watching the market crowds go by. The staff was the perfect balance of friendly and professional. We can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.