Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar - Seattle
2121 Terry Ave
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar - Seattle
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.seastarrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (206) 462-4364
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: John Howie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Weddings, private dinners, theme parties, cooking classes or special events. Seastar's professional off-site catering team can take care of your needs. Your menu will be designed specifically for your event by Chef Howie. We are a full service provider, taking care of all your tables, chairs, rentals, linen, service, entertainment and food and beverage needs. See our website, www.seastarrestaurant.com, for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Seastar Seattle enjoys the ability to host groups up to 16 in our Seastar Executive Room, with a dedicated service staff and full media capabilities.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Manager 2064624364
- Cross Street: Denny Way
- Public Transit: The South Lake Union Transit rail-car is available, stopping at the Whole Foods Market (we are up the stairs).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available for both lunch and dinner. Validated parking in the garage beneath the restaurant (off of 9th Ave) is also available.
A word from Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar - Seattle
Acclaimed chef/owner John Howie returned to Seattle in early 2009 with his second Seastar Restaurant, located on the corner of Westlake and Denny Ave., above Whole Foods Market. The inspired menu rotates seasonal specialties and northwest favorites, while our Raw Bar offers a host of ceviche, poke, sushi, and freshly shucked oysters. The understated atmosphere of our dining room suits any occasion, casual or formal, and our award winning service staff looks forward to carefully attending to your every need. Welcome to Seastar Seattle, the city’s premier seafood dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (102)special occasion (83)romantic (54)good for groups (50)notable wine list (48)great for lunch (45)neighborhood gem (38)hot spot (13)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Our waiter was the best! SuggestedDeePDined on 8/19/2009Our waiter was the best! Suggested sharing because of the portion sizes which we so appreciated. I would definitely recommend Seastar.Special Features:
- wonderfully prepared & tastingCUGRZDined on 8/18/2009wonderfully prepared & tasting food, attentive service and comfortable atmosphere liked it as well as I do the Eastside location ... glad to have it downtownSpecial Features:
- My experience at Seastar RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2009My experience at Seastar Restaurant was great. The service was the best I have seen so far, and the food was amazing. I would go there again.Special Features:
- We dined at the Seattle locationAndreaDined on 8/13/2009We dined at the Seattle location for our wedding anniversary after having been there recently for another wedding celebration. The food was memorable and well prepared; the sesame peppercorn crusted ahi was outstanding, the wines by the glass selection among the best. I very much enjoyed the potato chip crusted halibut, my husband had the salmon, and both were prepared to perfection. There wasn't anything that could have been prepared better, and would rate 4 1/2 stars on the food. Our server really knew his craft and confidently suggested several winners for us, including wine pairings. The passion fruit panna cotta was unusual and wonderful. I do recommend dining here, we enjoyed ourselves tremendously and will return soon.Special Features:
- Service was excellent- serverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2009Service was excellent- server was familiar with all the dishes and passionate about the menu. Food was unique, not standard fare and delicious!Special Features:
- Well informed waitress whoProfoodieDined on 7/31/2009Well informed waitress who recommended great dishes. Flavors were outstanding in all we ate--hor d'oeuvre trio, Chef Howie's rub on the salmon was mouth watering, dessert was wonderful.Special Features:
- It was great for romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2009It was great for romantic dining. Food and service was very nice. I'm looking forward to come here soon.Special Features:
- wonderful food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2009wonderful food, great service. the 8 oz. wine pour was perfect. fabulous leftovers!Special Features:
- The food at Seastar was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/23/2009The food at Seastar was delicious and the serving sizes were huge! We found the service to be excellent. A waitperson would materialize when we needed one and fade into the background when our needs were taken care of. We will definitely dine there again.
- Food is wonderful. Not jsutOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/23/2009Food is wonderful. Not jsut another seafood restaurant.Special Features:
- ideal for business lunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/23/2009ideal for business lunches - great food, excellent service and validated parking - all key when meeting in downtown SeattleSpecial Features:
- After finding out OceanaireOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/22/2009After finding out Oceanaire recently closed, I was searching for a new great seafood restaurant with a raw bar. Seastar more than surpassed my expectations, as the food was exceptional, the service was extraordinary, and the ambience was perfect. Seastar also offers sushi in conjunction with the raw bar and traditional fine dining fare, so whatever youre in the mood for theyve got it more than covered! I will definately be dining again...Special Features:
- This is one of a kind: AnVissidarteVIPDined on 7/20/2009This is one of a kind: An oasis in the concret jungle surrounding it. It's an absolute gem in every respect: Excellent food, superb service, calming and attractive design. And to top it all off, it's very affordable, a great value for super fresh food and exquisite plating!Special Features:
- Service was attentive andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2009Service was attentive and friendly. Food was great and flavors and textures were spot on.Special Features:
- I have been going to BellevueCharlieZVIPDined on 7/16/2009I have been going to Bellevue location since they opened. Since I live in Seattle GREAT to have you here and NOT deal with 520!Special Features:
- Service was absolutely atrocious.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/11/2009Service was absolutely atrocious. Manager did step in and try to make things right - he definitely gets credit for that. Pretty miserable dining experience.
- The server was very in touchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/10/2009The server was very in touch with our needs. Fresh oysters, good food, great service...they sure went the extra mile.
- Excellent food, service andRRG1Dined on 7/2/2009Excellent food, service and selection. Would certainly recomend and will absolutely visit again in Seattle or Bellevue.Special Features:
- We don't have to drive toCharlieZVIPDined on 7/2/2009We don't have to drive to Bellevue, Seastar has come to Seattle.Special Features:
- Both the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2009Both the food and service were excellent. We tried 3 of the seafood entrees and all were outstanding. The restaurant staff was attentive, friendly and very efficient.Special Features:
- 5 of us had excellent ServiceBelleviewerVIPDined on 6/27/20095 of us had excellent Service from Chip and Team. Good food -- everything ordered. Very Creative menu. Consistent with the Bellevue location. Got lost in the many appetizers and never got to the main course. A bit noisy. Easy access and parking.Special Features:
- The food was very good butFoodieVIPDined on 6/26/2009The food was very good but not great, which is what we expected, based on our earlier visits to their Bellevue restaurant.Special Features:
- The Seattle Sea Star Restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/25/2009The Seattle Sea Star Restaurant, we experienced very attentive staff from the moment we entered the doors, in the bar and in the dining room. Each of us ordered a different menu item and all were equally delicious and prepared to perfection. Parking was somewhat difficult, on street parking only is available for the restaurant.
- Best seafood restaurant. IOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/24/2009Best seafood restaurant. I visit every time I'm in Seattle. Their crab and corn bisque is THE BEST soup I've EVER had - must try!Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed oureastlakegirlVIPDined on 6/15/2009We thoroughly enjoyed our meal top to bottom. Will become our new favorite late night stop because of the dessert menu too.Special Features:
- All I can say is don't go.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2009All I can say is don't go. Very expensive. Ambience is really poor. It's located off a hotel and the experience was weak. The food was average to really good depending on what you ordered. Waiter was fantastic (Tim). However, the wine guy, was awful. No personality. And absolutely of no help other than uncorking the bottle.
- Food and service were bothOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/12/2009Food and service were both very good. The trek to the ladies room was a chore, however. The restaurant needs better access to the ladies room.Special Features:
- We had a fantastic meal afterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/7/2009We had a fantastic meal after a Mariners game. Quite a contrast. The food, ambiance, and service were all excellent. We were particulary impressed with the Assistant Sommolier, Jennifer. She was knowledgable, with out talking wine over our heads. It was a truly wonderful and rewarding dining experience....Special Features:
- Food was exceptional; everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2009Food was exceptional; everything prepared with care. Great flavors and style! Service matched the food; done exceptionally well, interested without being intrusive. Best dining experience overall this year.Special Features:
- The food was good, serviceScomasDined on 5/29/2009The food was good, service was okay but not real attentive. Ambiance was a bit stuffy, it isn't a place to gather with friends to relax, enjoy the food and laugh. It is a quiet, upscale restaurant, that doesn't quite fit romantic, vibrant, or "hot spot" titles. You would almost call it boring.
- Very nice restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/28/2009Very nice restaurant with good service and very good attention to guest special requests from the maître d'. Food taste very good. Presentation immaculate and eye-catching. Bar tender very pleasant, conversant and knowledgeable. A great experience. Nice ot also chat with the General Manager.Special Features:
- Poor parking available butOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/27/2009Poor parking available but we had an amazing waiter!Special Features:
- The seafood was excellent.GaryCoVIPDined on 5/23/2009The seafood was excellent. The service was very attentive yet not interuptive and the prices were very reasonalbe given the quality of the food.Special Features:
- We had an very good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/20/2009We had an very good experience. I had the "3 for $30", which had great choices including any dessert off the menu (I loved the sampler). My husband had the ahi off the regular menu & it was a huge amount. We don't go out too much and this was very memorable.Special Features:
- Actually went her for bothOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/20/2009Actually went her for both lunch and dinner within a couple of weeks of each other. Dinner was just as good. The crab bisque is to die for. Would go back just for a cup. Great salad, very diverse menu. Lot's to too select from weither you want small plates or a full sized entree.Special Features:
- Very good. Definitely willSheriffDined on 5/20/2009Very good. Definitely will return. Bathrooms inside hotel was an inconvenience.Special Features:
- This ranks as one of the veryOldCowboyDined on 5/20/2009This ranks as one of the very best seafood restaurants in Seattle. The food was excellent and the service very good. We will definitely return.
- The service was top notch.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2009The service was top notch. When the food came, it was delivered to everyone all at once. We really thought that the 3 for $30 was a great deal. We were still treated like royalty. The food was fabulous. So many choices and the dessert menu was right off of the regular menu. We will add this place to our favorites. Thank you.Special Features:
- The food had a beautiful presentatiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2009The food had a beautiful presentation. THe Ahi was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service,cswanVIPDined on 5/17/2009Wonderful food and service, especially helpful and nice sommelier. The entire meal and experience was fabulous.Special Features: