Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar - Seattle
2121 Terry Ave
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar - Seattle
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.seastarrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2064624364
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: John Howie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Weddings, private dinners, theme parties, cooking classes or special events. Seastar's professional off-site catering team can take care of your needs. Your menu will be designed specifically for your event by Chef Howie. We are a full service provider, taking care of all your tables, chairs, rentals, linen, service, entertainment and food and beverage needs. See our website, www.seastarrestaurant.com, for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Seastar Seattle enjoys the ability to host groups up to 16 in our Seastar Executive Room, with a dedicated service staff and full media capabilities.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Manager 2064624364
- Cross Street: Denny Way
- Public Transit: The South Lake Union Transit rail-car is available, stopping at the Whole Foods Market (we are up the stairs).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available for both lunch and dinner. Validated parking in the garage beneath the restaurant (off of 9th Ave) is also available.
A word from Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar - Seattle
Acclaimed chef/owner John Howie returned to Seattle in early 2009 with his second Seastar Restaurant, located on the corner of Westlake and Denny Ave., above Whole Foods Market. The inspired menu rotates seasonal specialties and northwest favorites, while our Raw Bar offers a host of ceviche, poke, sushi, and freshly shucked oysters. The understated atmosphere of our dining room suits any occasion, casual or formal, and our award winning service staff looks forward to carefully attending to your every need. Welcome to Seastar Seattle, the city’s premier seafood dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (82)special occasion (64)romantic (42)notable wine list (39)good for groups (36)great for lunch (31)neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (12)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- CJDPVIPDined on 9/13/2014The location seems a bit out of the way, but it was only a few minutes walk from downtown. We were seated within a few minutes of our arrival. However, when making reservations, ask not to be seated near the kitchen. It was a bit noisy and the table was also too well lit - we felt on display. However, these two issues were the worst part of our experience at Seastar. The food and service were impressive in all areas. We told the waiter, Douglas, that we wanted a very slow paced dinner. He was very accommodating and the timing of our food was perfect. He was well informed about the menu and specials and had great enthusiasm in making our night enjoyable. We recommend Seastar and will return upon our next visit to Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner.DarrinDined on 9/13/2014I took my wife for our anniversary, and I couldn't have made a better choice. The food, ambiance and service were all spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always TerrificrobinsnestVIPDined on 9/8/2014Best Seafood in Seattle. Preparation and presentation are impeccable and service is always attentive. Great lunch deal as well. Well managed too. use their catering for parties and private dining space for Board dinners-never disappointed!Special Features:
- Best seafoodPapaDined on 9/7/2014Halibut to die for. King crab fantastic. A little off the beaten track but well worth finding it.Special Features:
- Alway's great!ZanderdogDined on 9/3/2014If you like amazing seafood this is the place! I've eaten at Seastar a few times and tried something different each time and always been very pleased. You can't go wrong with the planked salmon. This time I had the potato crusted halibut...again it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to lunchFood999999Dined on 9/3/2014Seastar is our go to new hire lunch spot. Food is terrific and the service gets a group through a pleasant meal on timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!NDgirlVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was really superb. Service was very good too. Went to several highly rated restaurants in Seattle on this trip and this was the best food by far. We're all still talking about it! Also loved that you got to taste wine orders by the glass and change your mind if it really wasn't your favorite.Special Features:
- GreatChrystelleDined on 8/31/2014Have been there twice and it has been great both times. Exceptional service.Special Features:
- Another successful visitMattCVIPDined on 8/30/2014Seastar and its staff never disappoints. We tried many different items. A favorite of mine is the seafood tower, but order half size! You get to try 3 delicious items. Also tried the raw seafood crudos (3 more items), split a seafood linguine as first course and split a to-die-for halibut for the main. It came from the taster's menu and they made it a full size one for us, consisting of a moist, yet firm fresh of halibut with bacon bits, edamame etc... a knock your socks off combo! Do not order its regular coffee. Too watered down. Everything else is great! Service was out of the world in Jessica. Thank Page and Chip for wine service.Special Features:
- Lovely Birthday LunchmllpDined on 8/29/2014Our lunch was delicious, the service was impeccable and we had a delightful time.Special Features:
- Best seafood in Seattle!LovesunvalleyDined on 8/25/2014Seastar is the master of treating excellent seafood. Our dinners, both salmon and halibut, were the best seafood we have tasted in any restaurant! The fish was amazing high quality. Their crab bisque is a timeless favorite and the crabcakes were wonderful. It's hands down just the best seafood in Seattle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canned spices, liquid smoke?! No.SadinSeattleDined on 8/22/2014So disappointed, food was less then average...for what you pay I was expecting stellar. Salmon run was SO overpowering, halibut had bagged potato chips as the crust, and famous 'smoked broccoli' was disgusting. Will not be returning.
- Nice Service and great foodBryceDined on 8/20/2014Never disappointed in Sea Star. They have a large variety of seafood options on the menu and even though they substituted OnO for Mahi Mahi, it still was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Service was as usual very good and attentive. Food was excellent. The local WA wines were very palatable as well.Special Features:
- AwesomeAwesomeDined on 8/15/2014Everything about this place was awesome. The waiter was great. Food was ridiculous. House beer was great as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seattle SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014Beautiful restaurant. A-1 service. Great sushi and entrees. First timer in Seattle and this made it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Groupon was a bustKaren54VIPDined on 8/12/2014We've been to Seastar Bellevue many times. and we love it. I bought the Groupon for "crudo tasting plus John Howie cuvee for two". I paid $30 for it; they call it a $55 value. Turns out the crudo tasting ("tasting" being very accurate here) was $21 on the menu. That made our 2 glasses of champagne worth $17 each - I would never spend that and it wasn't that special. 6 bites of food and 2 glasses of champagne - not worth the drive across the lake. Unfortunately, they don't honor the Groupon in Bellevue - which seems silly. However, we definitely recommend the Bellevue restaurant and their great way with seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!MellowOchreDined on 8/8/2014Best meal in Seattle. We were a bit early and were given a great table. Although the Seastar pricey, our meal was very good. The maytag pear salad was great and the divers scallops and crab were prepared perfectly. Our server was the best, very attentive and even found out some details of the food preparation. Try this place!Special Features:
- LennyVIPDined on 8/4/2014Great fish in a nice setting with good service plenty of specials and choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food. a favorite!TrishDined on 8/4/2014We had a lovely dinner for a special occasion and were treated like royalty! Tuna poke was terrific and halibut cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- always excellentrobinsnestVIPDined on 8/3/2014We eat here a lot for lunch but this was dinner. The fish was. Outstanding, the portions generous and service attentive. We also have them cater our parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best crab cakesdfryVIPDined on 8/1/2014The best restaurant for crab cakes and scallops. The Tower is a must get. Seastar is also one of the best restaurants for wild salmon and wild halibut, very tasty and well prepared. Service is always excellent.
- Very enjoyableLabmomDined on 8/1/2014Great food and service. We can especially recommend the corn crab chowder, spinach and strawberry salad and chicken. Nice wine by the glass list, too.Special Features:
- best salmonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Brother visiting from LA for over 30 years said best Salmon he's had in SeattleSpecial Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Celebrated our 10th anniversary there. Food and service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/29/2014It's rare to find a truly superb restaurant attached to hotel. ( in this case the Pan Pacific in Seattle ) However this restaurant stands on its own as an excellent choice for anyone looking for both excellent food and attentive but non intrusive service.Special Features:
- Best King Crab ever!DukeDined on 7/27/2014Excellent food, wine and service. My wife loves king crab and she was excited by their take on it, which was four huge legs cooked on a grill. She says it was the best king crab she has ever had, and she has eaten lots! I hah sushi and mussels, bothe of which were excellent. The someleil paired our meal with a Washington Viognier. It was delicious. All together Seastar lived up to its reputation.Special Features:
- Very tasty "45 minute" lunchSeattlefoodchaserVIPDined on 7/23/2014I went to Sea Star for the first time this week to meet a friend for lunch, we both ordered from the 45 minute lunch special menu. I would say the food was delicious and had a creative twist. I ordered corn and crab bisque- it arrived nice and hot but not scorching, had a generous amount of crab and was topped with a swirl of balsamic vinegar that brought out the flavors. I also got the ceasar salad and it was good, the croutons tasted slightly stale like they were the box pre-made variety, but the dish was served with a baked cheese "cracker" which was a really cool twist on what otherwise would have been a typical ceasar salad. The whole service was about an hour and we weren't rushed but didn't linger.Special Features:
- Wonderful SeafoodMaggieVIPDined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed another outstanding meal at Seastar. The service, as usual, was outstanding and the food delicious. All of the seafood was freash and tasty.Special Features:
- Love this place!ToddYDined on 7/19/2014One of my favorite places to dine for excellent seafood and service. Everything is meticulous and top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatrobinsnestVIPDined on 7/15/2014Seastar is a star-eat there 4-5x a month. fabulous lunch deal and food is best in Seattle. they also cater our parties. manager Doug is always accomodating to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGTW1Dined on 7/13/2014Scallop carpaccio especially good. Also prosciutto wrapped scallops and crab and corn chowder delicious. Potato chip encrusted halibut overcooked.
- Good but not stellarcharlottesvillefoodieVIPDined on 7/10/2014Food is well-prepared but not memorable. Beautiful décor. Service a touch slow but still fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeaStar SeattleKingerDined on 7/10/2014Outstanding food, beautifully prepared and lovely presentation. All that coupled with a warm welcome and terrific service made for a great evening out.Special Features:
- cfamomDined on 7/5/2014The food was quite a disappointment. I ordered the salmon special and found the salmon itself was good, but it was ruined by excessive and poor-tasting seasoning. It's rather criminal to do that to Copper River salmon. The broccoli that was served with the salmon was so tough I needed a steak knife to cut it. We spend nearly $300 for 4 people and felt it was not worth the money. I will not be going back to this restaurant.
- Great food and great service.greatplaceDined on 6/28/2014Everything was perfect. This place rocks with an affordable menu and great food. Chef Howie nailed it with this place !Special Features:
- Amazing Food, Cornucopia of tastesRK42VIPDined on 6/27/2014We sampled soup, salad, a main course, an appetizer. Everything was perfectly cooked/prepared. Tastes were showstoppers! We are still talking about the Thai soup. We reviewed John Howie's cookbook & plan to purchase it. How can you do such a fantastic job with Manilla clams, scallops??? Well they did. We will return. We walked from 8th and Olive in the rain. It was worth the effort. Great wine list. Great waiter. Truly a fantastic night and priced appropriately. We think it is a 'must visit' stop in a town of amazing food at every turn.Special Features:
- IzzyDined on 6/26/2014Great restaurant. Very pricey. Good for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny Portions for Big BucksGogogammaDined on 6/26/20141st time in Seattle and craving salmon, so we ordered the sampler dinner: it turned out to be thimble-fulls of each course: plank salmon, pasta with smoked salmon and spring sweet peas, filet mignon and strawberry rhubarb pastry. Most everything was delicious, except the pasta dish. The cream sauce was bland and the peas had long given up their sweetness. The portion sizes were quite meager for $80. In their defense, the chef listened to my complaints and invited us to come back to try a regular menu entree. He even gave us a box of decadent truffles as a way of apologizing for our disappointment. All in all it was a pleasant experience, and while I do recommend the restaurant, I would never recommend the sample plate.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!LilianaVIPDined on 6/26/2014I ate sashimi and it was incredible! The new restaurant manager is very friendly and I know he will do an amazing job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.