Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar - Seattle
2121 Terry Ave
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar - Seattle
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.seastarrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2064624364
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: John Howie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Weddings, private dinners, theme parties, cooking classes or special events. Seastar's professional off-site catering team can take care of your needs. Your menu will be designed specifically for your event by Chef Howie. We are a full service provider, taking care of all your tables, chairs, rentals, linen, service, entertainment and food and beverage needs. See our website, www.seastarrestaurant.com, for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Seastar Seattle enjoys the ability to host groups up to 16 in our Seastar Executive Room, with a dedicated service staff and full media capabilities.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Manager 2064624364
- Cross Street: Denny Way
- Public Transit: The South Lake Union Transit rail-car is available, stopping at the Whole Foods Market (we are up the stairs).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available for both lunch and dinner. Validated parking in the garage beneath the restaurant (off of 9th Ave) is also available.
A word from Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar - Seattle
Acclaimed chef/owner John Howie returned to Seattle in early 2009 with his second Seastar Restaurant, located on the corner of Westlake and Denny Ave., above Whole Foods Market. The inspired menu rotates seasonal specialties and northwest favorites, while our Raw Bar offers a host of ceviche, poke, sushi, and freshly shucked oysters. The understated atmosphere of our dining room suits any occasion, casual or formal, and our award winning service staff looks forward to carefully attending to your every need. Welcome to Seastar Seattle, the city’s premier seafood dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (73)special occasion (62)romantic (41)notable wine list (37)good for groups (34)great for lunch (24)neighborhood gem (21)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Best seafood in Seattle!LovesunvalleyDined on 8/25/2014Seastar is the master of treating excellent seafood. Our dinners, both salmon and halibut, were the best seafood we have tasted in any restaurant! The fish was amazing high quality. Their crab bisque is a timeless favorite and the crabcakes were wonderful. It's hands down just the best seafood in Seattle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canned spices, liquid smoke?! No.SadinSeattleDined on 8/22/2014So disappointed, food was less then average...for what you pay I was expecting stellar. Salmon run was SO overpowering, halibut had bagged potato chips as the crust, and famous 'smoked broccoli' was disgusting. Will not be returning.
- Nice Service and great foodBryceDined on 8/20/2014Never disappointed in Sea Star. They have a large variety of seafood options on the menu and even though they substituted OnO for Mahi Mahi, it still was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Service was as usual very good and attentive. Food was excellent. The local WA wines were very palatable as well.Special Features:
- AwesomeAwesomeDined on 8/15/2014Everything about this place was awesome. The waiter was great. Food was ridiculous. House beer was great as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seattle SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014Beautiful restaurant. A-1 service. Great sushi and entrees. First timer in Seattle and this made it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Groupon was a bustKaren54VIPDined on 8/12/2014We've been to Seastar Bellevue many times. and we love it. I bought the Groupon for "crudo tasting plus John Howie cuvee for two". I paid $30 for it; they call it a $55 value. Turns out the crudo tasting ("tasting" being very accurate here) was $21 on the menu. That made our 2 glasses of champagne worth $17 each - I would never spend that and it wasn't that special. 6 bites of food and 2 glasses of champagne - not worth the drive across the lake. Unfortunately, they don't honor the Groupon in Bellevue - which seems silly. However, we definitely recommend the Bellevue restaurant and their great way with seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!MellowOchreDined on 8/8/2014Best meal in Seattle. We were a bit early and were given a great table. Although the Seastar pricey, our meal was very good. The maytag pear salad was great and the divers scallops and crab were prepared perfectly. Our server was the best, very attentive and even found out some details of the food preparation. Try this place!Special Features:
- LennyVIPDined on 8/4/2014Great fish in a nice setting with good service plenty of specials and choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food. a favorite!TrishDined on 8/4/2014We had a lovely dinner for a special occasion and were treated like royalty! Tuna poke was terrific and halibut cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- always excellentrobinsnestVIPDined on 8/3/2014We eat here a lot for lunch but this was dinner. The fish was. Outstanding, the portions generous and service attentive. We also have them cater our parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best crab cakesdfryVIPDined on 8/1/2014The best restaurant for crab cakes and scallops. The Tower is a must get. Seastar is also one of the best restaurants for wild salmon and wild halibut, very tasty and well prepared. Service is always excellent.
- Very enjoyableLabmomDined on 8/1/2014Great food and service. We can especially recommend the corn crab chowder, spinach and strawberry salad and chicken. Nice wine by the glass list, too.Special Features:
- best salmonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Brother visiting from LA for over 30 years said best Salmon he's had in SeattleSpecial Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Celebrated our 10th anniversary there. Food and service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/29/2014It's rare to find a truly superb restaurant attached to hotel. ( in this case the Pan Pacific in Seattle ) However this restaurant stands on its own as an excellent choice for anyone looking for both excellent food and attentive but non intrusive service.Special Features:
- Best King Crab ever!DukeDined on 7/27/2014Excellent food, wine and service. My wife loves king crab and she was excited by their take on it, which was four huge legs cooked on a grill. She says it was the best king crab she has ever had, and she has eaten lots! I hah sushi and mussels, bothe of which were excellent. The someleil paired our meal with a Washington Viognier. It was delicious. All together Seastar lived up to its reputation.Special Features:
- Very tasty "45 minute" lunchSeattlefoodchaserVIPDined on 7/23/2014I went to Sea Star for the first time this week to meet a friend for lunch, we both ordered from the 45 minute lunch special menu. I would say the food was delicious and had a creative twist. I ordered corn and crab bisque- it arrived nice and hot but not scorching, had a generous amount of crab and was topped with a swirl of balsamic vinegar that brought out the flavors. I also got the ceasar salad and it was good, the croutons tasted slightly stale like they were the box pre-made variety, but the dish was served with a baked cheese "cracker" which was a really cool twist on what otherwise would have been a typical ceasar salad. The whole service was about an hour and we weren't rushed but didn't linger.Special Features:
- Wonderful SeafoodMaggieVIPDined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed another outstanding meal at Seastar. The service, as usual, was outstanding and the food delicious. All of the seafood was freash and tasty.Special Features:
- Love this place!ToddYDined on 7/19/2014One of my favorite places to dine for excellent seafood and service. Everything is meticulous and top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatrobinsnestVIPDined on 7/15/2014Seastar is a star-eat there 4-5x a month. fabulous lunch deal and food is best in Seattle. they also cater our parties. manager Doug is always accomodating to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGTW1Dined on 7/13/2014Scallop carpaccio especially good. Also prosciutto wrapped scallops and crab and corn chowder delicious. Potato chip encrusted halibut overcooked.
- Good but not stellarcharlottesvillefoodieVIPDined on 7/10/2014Food is well-prepared but not memorable. Beautiful décor. Service a touch slow but still fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeaStar SeattleKingerDined on 7/10/2014Outstanding food, beautifully prepared and lovely presentation. All that coupled with a warm welcome and terrific service made for a great evening out.Special Features:
- cfamomDined on 7/5/2014The food was quite a disappointment. I ordered the salmon special and found the salmon itself was good, but it was ruined by excessive and poor-tasting seasoning. It's rather criminal to do that to Copper River salmon. The broccoli that was served with the salmon was so tough I needed a steak knife to cut it. We spend nearly $300 for 4 people and felt it was not worth the money. I will not be going back to this restaurant.
- Great food and great service.greatplaceDined on 6/28/2014Everything was perfect. This place rocks with an affordable menu and great food. Chef Howie nailed it with this place !Special Features:
- Amazing Food, Cornucopia of tastesRK42VIPDined on 6/27/2014We sampled soup, salad, a main course, an appetizer. Everything was perfectly cooked/prepared. Tastes were showstoppers! We are still talking about the Thai soup. We reviewed John Howie's cookbook & plan to purchase it. How can you do such a fantastic job with Manilla clams, scallops??? Well they did. We will return. We walked from 8th and Olive in the rain. It was worth the effort. Great wine list. Great waiter. Truly a fantastic night and priced appropriately. We think it is a 'must visit' stop in a town of amazing food at every turn.Special Features:
- IzzyDined on 6/26/2014Great restaurant. Very pricey. Good for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny Portions for Big BucksGogogammaDined on 6/26/20141st time in Seattle and craving salmon, so we ordered the sampler dinner: it turned out to be thimble-fulls of each course: plank salmon, pasta with smoked salmon and spring sweet peas, filet mignon and strawberry rhubarb pastry. Most everything was delicious, except the pasta dish. The cream sauce was bland and the peas had long given up their sweetness. The portion sizes were quite meager for $80. In their defense, the chef listened to my complaints and invited us to come back to try a regular menu entree. He even gave us a box of decadent truffles as a way of apologizing for our disappointment. All in all it was a pleasant experience, and while I do recommend the restaurant, I would never recommend the sample plate.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!LilianaVIPDined on 6/26/2014I ate sashimi and it was incredible! The new restaurant manager is very friendly and I know he will do an amazing job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2014I thought the food was ok, but overpriced for what you got. $40 for a dozen oysters at lunch? That is a bit outrageous. $12 for an Absolute cocktail? Crazy. $122 for lunch and we were hungry when we left. Would not go back.
- Can't complainAnotherJenDined on 6/20/2014The food was quite good. The service was great. We had a great evening. Nothing to complain about. But nothing felt special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!foodwinelifeDined on 6/15/2014Fish dishes spectacular, dessert over the top, terrific wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seastar is 5 StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014This was our third time dining at Seastar, and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Jason ROpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2014this was the best salmon i have ever had and the wine pairing was superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood placeMichaelADined on 6/7/2014This is a great value. The food is very good, ambience and wait staff excellent but the prices are really good compared to other finer seafood spots.Special Features:
- First dinner in SeattleDieselDined on 6/7/2014My wife had the chef's 5 course special with the wine pairing. Excellent. My Parmesan halibut might have been even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable for great dinnerDaveTLDined on 6/5/2014Because I work across the street, I wind up stopping in here frequently. Great spot for lunch, service is always excellent, very good wine list with interesting wines available at smaller pours for tasting. Food is always excellent. Several times I've brought medium to large groups in and they have handled them with aplomb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RodAVIPDined on 6/2/2014This was a great start to our Seattle vacation! The seafood was great and the service excellent. Our server, Jessica, was very friendly.
- DragonDined on 5/31/2014Food was "good" but not memorable. Overpriced considering the quality. One step above Anthony's Seafood. Service was outstanding