Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
205 108th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://seastarrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4254560010
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm-9:00pm, Happy Hour Monday-Friday 3:30pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: John Howie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Weddings, private dinners, theme parties, cooking classes or special events. Seastar's professional off-site catering team can take care of your needs. Your menu will be designed specifically for your event by Chef Howie. We are a full service provider, taking care of all your tables, chairs, rentals, linen, service, entertainment and food and beverage needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Seastar Restaurant and raw bar offers several catering facilities. The Seastar Room, The Civica Room, The Fireside Room and for weddings & larger events we offer The Great Room and West Patio. Seastar will provide you with the attentive and detailed service that will make your event extra special.
- Private Party Contact: Laurel Dosch 4254561892
A word from Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
Chef John Howie's Award Winning Northwest Cuisine. Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar was voted "The best new restaurant in Western Washington by the viewers of KING5 Evening Magazine", and named the "Best new wine list in America by FOOD & WINE, July 2003". Chef Howie's menu offers fresh Pacific Northwest seafood, Kobe steaks, corn fed Nebraskan beef, pasta, salad and tantalizing raw bar items such as sushi, ceviche, poke and fresh shucked oysters.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (139)fit for foodies (112)good for groups (66)notable wine list (60)great for lunch (50)romantic (49)neighborhood gem (38)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (24)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (12)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014This was my first raw bar experience and it was a great one. The food was amazing and they have this carmel banana desert with a hint of orange that will blow your mind. Thanks Seastar restaurant for making my eleventh anniversary a great one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters, Sushi, Seafood!FoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Had a wonderful dinner - almost. After waiting forever for the waitress, we ordered appys first - dozen oysters followed by various sushi rolls and ceviche. Waitress was going to bring all together - we wanted to enjoy the oysters first, then sushi/ceviche, followed by salad and entrees. Baring that, food was absolutely delicious (oysters were the freshest we've ever had). When the bill came, we were SO glad we looked it over - had a charge of a $72 bottle of wine we didn't order (in addition to wine we had ordered) which we brought to the servers attention and she promptly said the wine steward must have done that and had it removed. Overall a great meal! Would love to have their cookbook so will be looking into that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We had a double birthday party and we sent a message about our event and we requested a birthday cake at the end of dinner. I checked with a girl at the front desk that they have received my message. She told, yes, everything is ok. We DID NOT get our bd cake, we ordered deserts and we got it with a candle. The quality of dishes getting worse. The stake was dry, calmary was too spicy, oysters not fresh. We paid $230 for 4 person (2 kid/2 adults) family dinner and were really disappointed. I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Not a StarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014no good. I am a foodie and was looking forward to what I hoped would be a fine dinner. I like all aspects of dining. Ambience was that of a hotel right down to having to leave the restaurant to use the attached offices restrooms. Service was fair to ok no personality no sell of the food no connection. The food, ok here you go. Two people 155.00. Appetizer 5 shrimp shared salad and two entrees 38.00 dollars for a small dry portion of salmon and a little broccoli and yes are you ready a scoop of "rice pilaf". I'm sure they have done better with the raw food that they don't need to cook. Overall it was a place foe the old people of bellvue to get sauced. And the younger crowd of bellvue to being their noisy kids. Yes
- Our serverLikeornotDined on 8/29/2014Her service was very timely and was easy to discuss our favor.Special Features:
- First Steelhead MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The first time I've had Steelhead, and it was phenomenal. Great meal, with excellent service.Special Features:
- 19 yr anniversary lunchDebbieDined on 8/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our 19 yr anniversary enjoying lunch at Seastar. It was lovely. Our waiter was wonderful and very attentive. The food, as always, was delicious. We were seated right away. We brought along our picky 12yr old son who had no problem selecting a burger from the children's menu. We ordered oysters on the half shell. I had 2 appetizers (pesto clams and crab cakes) instead of a main entrée and they were delish. My husband ordered the crab and cheddar cheese sandwich which he described a lot like a tuna melt with crab, also tasty. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great dinner experienceacamanDined on 8/26/2014Thank you for a great dinner and special attention from Justin and Alana, We hope to come back soon.Special Features:
- Exceptional ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014We can always count on an exceptional experience, whether it is just the two of us dining or when entertaining guests from out of town. It is a rare find in the many restaurant offerings available. Seastar will deliver the best food, service and atmosphere every visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client DinnerHmeikleDined on 8/23/2014It was excellent food and excellent service. There were three of us and the bill was $600.00 Which, is fine, because I wanted to experience fine dining, but we were sat next to a screaming baby, which was very obnoxious. Ok for Dennys or McDonalds...but not when you are spending this kind of money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic !CeCeDined on 8/21/2014We were vacationing and visiting friends in the Seattle area just last week and were recommended the Sea Star. The 4 of us all ordered different entrees and they were just outstanding. We paired those with some delicious wines and it was a meal and night to remember. Ther service was outstanding. Thank you Sea Star for a most wonderful meal.....we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first visitChrisDined on 8/20/2014Easy to find and park, service was great, food was excellent and no problem being gluten intolerant. Food presentation was beautiful. We had a wonderful raw bar appetizer and dessert too.Special Features:
- Seastarrc8647VIPDined on 8/18/2014Very disappointing. Salmon was overcooked. Crème Brulee was runny. Not sure if I will return.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in BellevueRichardb161Dined on 8/14/2014Seastar is simply the best place to dine anywhere! The food here is absolutely amazing. We were the first wedding they catered for back in August 2011 and the food at our wedding was as delicious as it is when you dine at their beautiful restaurant. The service here is first class, they make you feel special. If you are looking for a enchanting evening, with great food and awesome service, look no further than the Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar in Bellevue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seastar DiningPlaneJDined on 8/14/2014Seastar is always my go-to restaurant for the best seafood around. Lovely wine list, excellent service, and extraordinary food choices.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceBertoDined on 8/11/2014The food and experience are always top notch at Seastar! One of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect blend: food and serviceWildstarDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I chose to dine at Seastar for our anniversary based on word of mouth reviews from friends and colleagues. To sum up the evening: Car Valet - 5 Stars...witty, engaging, thoughtful Service - 5 Stars...Kelli was fantastic. Very attentive, open, conversational. Offered us complimentary desserts to celebrate our anniversary. Food - 4.5 Stars...We dined on an assortment of raw bar and cooked apps - all fantastic (especially Kalbi pork), desserts a bit underwhelming. Ambiance - 3 Stars...Nicely done for a restaurant wedged between office buildings. No view - unless you like to watch BMWs drive by the window. Overall - 4.5 Stars...Great find and a fantastic spot when in Bellevue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unagi Portions - SmallDavidVIPDined on 8/8/2014I have been frequenting SeaStar in Bellevue for years, however the size of the Unagi the last few times I visited was really small and disappointing. The portions of vegetables was smaller on the Ahi (my favorite).Special Features:
- Great as alwaysKateDined on 8/8/2014We go for anniversary and other special occasions, great champagne, cocktails and entrées. The service is friendly yet impeccable. Very expensive but worth it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABTLDined on 8/5/2014Food and service were good. Nothing was exceptional but everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold fishDavidDined on 8/5/2014And I don't mean Sushi. The Sushi was fine but several of the dishes (Tuna and Quinoa for example) were simply cold by the time they reached the table.
- Yummy DinnermeganselVIPDined on 8/2/2014we returned to Seastar to celebrate a birthday this past weekend. The dinner was enjoyable and the food delicious. The service was good, but I continually got the impression that our server was overstretched and a bit stressed. She worked hard to provide good service but the extra attention/calmness that we usually experience, was missing. Overall a good dinner and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the price pointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014My husband and I are willing to pay for good food and a good experience. Unfortunately, SeaStar did not live up to the hype. Our table of 6 ordered sushi, which was good. Also crab. (At $80 for the plate, a friend said the best thing was the sauce?) Salad was fine. Our creme brule' was good and used real vanilla. I also liked the white pepper in my mashed potatoes- a nice surprise. However, we got one course per hour, so were glad we had some catching up to do with our party. My biggest complaint is that I actually really like vegetables. At $50+ a plate, these were really slapped on. That and my husband's rice were like straight-up cafeteria food. With so many other good restaurants in the area, I'd suggest skipping SeaStar.
- Good but disappointing serviceDessertfirstDined on 8/2/2014We have been to Seastar many times and love it - for the food and also the service. I had stated in the reservation that we were celebrating a birthday, no mention of it when we arrived. I mentioned it again to our server - she said "happy birthday" but that was it. I expected more and was disappointed. The service was decent, but not what we have been provided in the past. As always, the food was outstanding.
- Swing and a missBellevueDinerVIPDined on 8/1/2014I have been here before and had good experiences, but in this most recent case they missed. The waiter forgot my soup and then brought it with my meal. He covered the charge, but it still didn't flow very well. I had king salmon, mashed potatoes and green beans. The beans were the best part. The salmon was very fishy tasting (not fresh) and the potatoes tasted fishy as well. Too bad.Special Features:
- Great diningMG82Dined on 7/30/2014arrived more than 1/2 hr. early but got seated since it was early. Asked for a table by a window since my guest was from KC and had a nice table. Service was great! The crab cakes were good but seemed a bit too brown but with the sauce it was great. My main entree were shrimp wrapped with prosciutto (?) with a salad inside a cylindrical bread bowl. Nice presentation. Prawns seemed overlooked. Salad dressing was over powering. Too tart for my taste. KC guest ordered salmon but it was very well done and dry. She didn't complain but ate it anyway & enjoyed the meal. Coconut cream pie was outstanding, I took most of it home!Special Features:
- Seastar RestaurantMCarTPDined on 7/30/2014The food and service were very good (no complaints) but the dining area was so loud, we could hardly hear one another. Not the best place for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Impressed the Canadian visitorsOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 7/27/2014Hosted two visitors from Calgary who were in town for the BAM exhibitions. They loved it! Our waiter, "1279 R.D.", was excellent. Knew the daily menu and what he was doing with service.Special Features:
- Reliable for a fabulous mealStork606VIPDined on 7/24/2014The menu is always changing with new and exciting foods. I love the newer Japanese inspired dishes. When I want a special night, this is my Go To restaurant. My only complaint is the noise level so I ask for a peripheral table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good findlexienDined on 7/23/2014The Seastar was a great find. The food is really delicious and the service was great! We took my son for his 37th birthday and they were very cordial and brought some special caramels out. The presentation was excellent as well!! We will definitely return for our next special occasion.Special Features:
- One small misstepjeffmackDined on 7/21/2014My wife loves salmon and so we chose to celebrate our 41st anniversary at Seastar. The service was was impeccable as were our appetizers and salads. She had the crab cakes and I had the ahi nigori sushi (both yummy). I ordered the swordfish and it was cooked to perfection and I literally savored every buttery bite. My wife ordered the applewood grilled king salmon, one of their signature dishes. Unfortunately, the salmon had none of that rich salmon flavor that she expected. In fact, it had zero flavor, much like a baked salmon that was left in the oven too long. When I noticed that she wasn't devouring it, I asked what was wrong and she offered me a bite. I didn't finish my bite because it was that bad. Desserts & wine were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HealthyDiningSnob1Dined on 7/21/2014I always enjoy Sea Star. Because I frequently take clients to lunch I eat there often because I find "healthy" choices and preparation in their meals. Not to mention they without fail are DEEEELICIOUS! The service is beyond special and I have come to know and like the staff. The food is prepared as you like, brought out hot, and the presentation is stunning. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Felt like a hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/20/2014The place felt like something between a hotel restaurant and someplace specializing in early bird specials. Decor is dated. Food was decent.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed a great dinner with a wonderful wine pairing. The service was excellent! We were not rushed and it all made the evening fun and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014We booked our reservation thru Open Table and arrived at the restaurant on time. We were immediately seated at a window seat. At the time we did not noticed a party of 20 people across from us. They were very load and the more they drank the loader they got. This was our first visit to Seastar Restaurant and we had come to celebrate our anniversary. Our waiter was great and the food was outstanding including the coconut pie. When we were finished a manager stopped by and asked us how our dinner was and we mentioned the seating next to a large load group was very annoying as we could hardly talk to each other. His only comment was they would note on our reservation that we would like a more quieter location for future visit.Special Features:
- Seastar DiningFamilyFoodiesDined on 7/18/2014Seastar never disappoints! Our Friday evening dinner was outstanding and fresh - as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Presentation, Great FoodsdavieDined on 7/15/2014The food here is always a creatively combined fusion of seafood with other cooking styles and the presentation is fabulous. My favorite on the Eastside, we always bring out of town guest here.Special Features:
- Great seafood selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014Our meal was great, seafood selection was impressive. We were glad we made reservations because it was really crowded. I highly recommend this restaurant for out of town guests.Special Features:
- Exceptional in every way.DarrylsjDined on 7/14/2014My wife and I had a sensational meal here. The restaurant was extremely busy, but our server was friendly and attentive. Her knowledge of the menu, the preparation methods and the ingredients would make any owner, chef or maître d proud. We shared many smaller plates, each better than the last, and if we did that every night for a week I still would not have tried everything that caught my eye. The seafood was very fresh, beautifully presented and it was the star of the show - the sauces etc only there to accentuate. Mr Howie should be very proud of this restaurant. Clearly this was a restaurant filled with true professionals. Not only would we return if we are in Bellevue, we will be returning to Bellevue specifically to dine at Seastar.Special Features:
- OutstandingMickieDined on 7/7/2014It just doesn't get any better than this. The food, service and atmosphere was great. There was a bit of crowd noise but we will definitely return and hopefully many times. It is on the expensive side but considering the quality of the dining experience I would say it is reasonable and a good value.I would recommend this to a friend.