Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
205 108th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://seastarrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4254560010
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm-9:00pm, Happy Hour Monday-Friday 3:30pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: John Howie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Weddings, private dinners, theme parties, cooking classes or special events. Seastar's professional off-site catering team can take care of your needs. Your menu will be designed specifically for your event by Chef Howie. We are a full service provider, taking care of all your tables, chairs, rentals, linen, service, entertainment and food and beverage needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Seastar Restaurant and raw bar offers several catering facilities. The Seastar Room, The Civica Room, The Fireside Room and for weddings & larger events we offer The Great Room and West Patio. Seastar will provide you with the attentive and detailed service that will make your event extra special.
- Private Party Contact: Laurel Dosch 4254561892
A word from Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
Chef John Howie's Award Winning Northwest Cuisine. Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar was voted "The best new restaurant in Western Washington by the viewers of KING5 Evening Magazine", and named the "Best new wine list in America by FOOD & WINE, July 2003". Chef Howie's menu offers fresh Pacific Northwest seafood, Kobe steaks, corn fed Nebraskan beef, pasta, salad and tantalizing raw bar items such as sushi, ceviche, poke and fresh shucked oysters.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
242 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)fit for foodies (147)good for groups (86)notable wine list (77)romantic (64)neighborhood gem (49)great for lunch (44)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (26)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The food was great, the service was wonderful and I would definitely recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionally good foodfusseyDined on 10/26/2014I don't impress easily when it comes to top restaurants, but the Seastar is a top pick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Seastar has a beautiful setting, very inviting, and the staff is friendly and helpful. We were guided on both food and wine selections, and loved them all. The pumpkin seed crusted scallops and the ancho chili smoked steelhead were our choices, and they were both incredible. It was the kind of food that when you take the first bite, you let out a little happy moan because it is so good. Then you say to your partner, "you have to try this!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceRarelyDineOutDined on 10/22/2014Don't eat out a lot and rarely at a place as upscale as Seastar. That said, the entire dinner experience was wonderfull; the food was both unique and excellent (might have to buy John Howie's cook book to get the recipe for the zucchini/pear salad). As for the table service, I haven't been pampered like that in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUSIEDined on 10/22/2014EXCELLENT FOOD AND PRESENTATION, NICE SERVERS, WE GOT TO EXPERIENCE RESTARAUNT WEEK AND ALL THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS AND LARGE PORTIONS.............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So accommodating... and delicious!VeganDinerVIPDined on 10/22/2014I eat vegan & gluten free, and frequent fine dining establishments in Bellevue with clients. Ordinarily in the ordering process my guests' attention is drawn to my food choices which, depending on the restaurant, can be quite awkward. Not to mention it is not the reason for our time together. I was thrilled to discover Seastar had a menu item I could order without having to modify in any way, which kept the focus on my clients and their business - and we all had fabulous meals.Special Features:
- Great Experience!liv2eatDined on 10/21/2014My bf and I had the most amazing meal there. Tiffany was our server. I have not had such stellar service in the past 3 years. She was attentive but not overly. Helpful in her suggestions and humble at the same time. In regards to the food, --phenomenal. The Lentil soup was perfectly flavored with a great kick at the end that was not too strong. We couldn't believe the soup was vegetarian! I have been to Seastar a couple handful of times and the Steelhead fish with the mushroom mashed potatoes this time blew me away. Since my dinner 2 days ago, I have since convinced 4 couples to consider restaurant week at Seastar!Special Features:
- nickbaxterDined on 10/21/2014My wife and I went to Seastar for a date night. We don't go to fine dining often, so when we do, we have incredibly high standards. The appetizers and desserts were tremendous. All the flavors and textures were nice, but the main dishes had some flaws. The smoke on the salmon in my linguine was too strong for my liking (perfect texture though) and my wife's chicken came out way overcooked. The calamari ceviche and jalepeno sushi rolls were our favorite dishes of the night. The chocolate cake a bit dry but perfect with the accompanying creme sauce. The creme brule was delicious, just too rich for my liking. Overall, I would recommend Seastar. Food is above average and it was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Lives up to its reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014We visited Seastar for the first time and really enjoyed it. Service was very good - attentive, but not overly and annoyingly so. We had an ahi poke appetizer that was delicious - the ahi was very fresh and the taro chips that came with it were crisp. The steelhead was well-prepared, but the chicken entree we had was a little overdone, but still flavorful. Overall we would stick with the seafood that seems to be the specialty of the house. We're ready to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 for $30LarryDined on 10/21/2014We always come to Seastar for special occasions and the great deal during restaurant week. For the appetizer, I had Calamari Ceviche with Roasted Tomato, Chilies, Lime and Cilantro. Completely tastless in spite of the ingrediants, should have sent it back. My steelhead was amazing as was the White Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie and Creme Brulee. The Tillapia was perfect as usual. Our server was less than helpful about wine selection but otherwise was attentive to our needs. We recommend SeaStar to all our out of town visitors and friends.Special Features:
- Seastar never fails to impressMollyDined on 10/20/2014Birthday celebration at Seastar with 5 people. Everyone loved the food, they brought a complimentary dessert and they waited on us perfectly. I love this place and you will too.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner deluxFineDinerDined on 10/20/2014We went to Seastar Bellevue for our 33rd wedding anniversary and ordered the 3 for $30 meals. Both the Steelhead and Rainbow trout were fabulous as were the spicy lentil soup, Treasure Cove oysters and the creme brule and coconut cream pie. We ordered the Mark Ryan Merlot which accompanied the meal perfectly. Our hostess remembered it was our anniversary and our waiter was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014our first visit - saw online reviews - atmosphere very nice and food was excellent - great service - would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveToEatGoodFoodDined on 10/18/2014We had a very nice time. The food (which is the main reason we came) was wonderful. Everyone was very polite. Thank youSpecial Features:
- wonderfulRichardnConnieMarieDined on 10/17/2014Delicious plank salmon, halibut both perfectly prepared. Great salad. Sommelier suggested an excellent local wine. Tables are large which detracts from intimacy. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful dinner at SeastarTGF58VIPDined on 10/13/2014As always, Seastar delivers a great experience. Our group's food choices were all hits - the Ahi Tuna was incredible! And we also truly enjoyed the halibut dish and the cedar planked salmon. For something a little unusual on the appetizer side, I would suggest the cedar planked mushrooms -- very tasty. Our server was of great help in guiding us through the menu and her service was very attentive - we had three different sommeliers our wine at one point or another. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- What a gem!WendyDined on 10/13/2014I recently had the pleasure of dining at Seastar on my business trip. Excellent experience, amazing food and excellent service. A true gem in the heart of Bellvue. I will definitely be coming back on my next visit.Special Features:
- One if the best waitresses!DrmpdxDined on 10/12/2014A great hidden spot in Bellevue. We had a wonderful meal and a great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit, won't be the lastDebiMDined on 10/12/2014This was our first visit to SeaStar and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere was quiet but welcoming. Our entree choices were exceptional. Our anniversary was made even more memorable by our wonderful server.Special Features:
- Amazing!cc2350Dined on 10/12/2014We had a group of five adults and two children. I cannot say enough about the service we received and how they made the children feel comfortable. Our server Evan was very profession got our entire order right (which was a lot of food with various substitutions). The Sommelier (we didn't catch his name) was quick to fill our wine glasses and even delivered our appetizers to the table. I love how present he was. The entire support staff came over and talked to my daughter who was waving and trying to catch their attention. The food was wonderful. Large portions, beautiful presentation and perfect flavor profiles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceFictilisDined on 10/11/2014Impeccable service and Devine food made for a memorable anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- JTF2000JTF2000Dined on 10/10/2014Great food as always. Service even better that normal this timeSpecial Features:
- fantasticDBonMIVIPDined on 9/30/2014Even though the place was incredibly noisy, the food was amazing. I had an acho-chile rubbed Salmon that was out of this worldSpecial Features:
- good food, good servicemmjjDined on 9/29/2014As usual, we had a good experience at Seastar. Everyone enjoyed their food and our server was prompt and pleasant. Her recommendations in answer to our questions were also good.Special Features:
- FoodluvrDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant was crowded (Saturday nigt), and we got a table far in the back, by an exit door. Not very pleasing, but ok. Our server was very friendly, but there were long waits between times when we saw her. I asked for my salmon to be cooked medium & it came out very dry. The response was that because I asked for it to be cooked that way, it couldn't be helped. I beg to differ, but the server did manage to bring 2 sauces, which made it much more palatable. The beurre blanc sauce was delicious! Dessert was nothing special, and we never got the coffee we requested. All in all, it was a good meal and I would return again, maybe on a night less busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicemerb99Dined on 9/27/2014Food was really good as always. Service was particularly good this trip. Overall, we gave it a 5 star rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner spot in Bellevuekrimsy1Dined on 9/26/2014From appetizers to desserts this was an excellent dining experience. A great place to celebrate a special occasion with friends! Fabulous wine list & knowledgeable sommelier. Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014We get here about once a year when passing through the area. Excellent menu,food and service. A bit noisy.Special Features:
- High Expectations. ...FeastorfaminDined on 9/22/2014The nose level killed a lot of the ambiance my date and me were expecting. The service was very good, but the oysters were not cleaned because my date found a huge rock at the bottom of her bowl of oysters, meaning that the chef did not take the time to Clean and wash the posters first! My date lost her appetite after that. .. disappointing. The manager offered desert and a box of truffles to smooth things over. .. But truly, we were just looking to have a pleasant meal, some quiet conversation and relax! .... That didn't happen.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodGoebsDined on 9/21/2014Overall fantastic restaurant and the seafood was definitely outstanding, among the best even.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantOldaustrianDined on 9/21/2014This top-rated (Tripadvisor) restaurant lived up to our expectations. All the food was excellent (appetizers: crab cakes, crab/corn soup; mains: tuna, rainbow trout; dessert: lemon foam). Service was friendly, attentive, and unpretentious. The interior of the spacious restaurant is very tastefully designed, and noise level was low. My only complaint was that my serving of rainbow trout was too large! Those who endeavor to be overweight may not find fault with this.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great Seastar experience!SaltyInSeattleDined on 9/21/2014This has been our favorite seafood spot on the Eastside - and this visit just confirms and builds on each experience. Service is attentive without being intrusive, and the food just rocks. My wife and I started with a Sesame-crusted Ahi that was perfect, then we each had different salmon preparations - both were fresh, tasty, and cooked perfectly. A nice touch is that Seastar veggie/side dished are also special, not an afterthought that so many restaurants have resorted-to, making a nicely balanced and integrated meal. The wine list can be daunting, with prices between $35 and $1,400+ per bottle, but the sommelier is knowledgeable, unpretentious and helpful. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood, pricy but goodLelouchDined on 9/19/2014The seafood was excellent, surpassing my expectation. I was told the steak was decent but of course my first time I went with the fish. I specially enjoyed the seafood tower appetitzer thingy. The waitress was kind enough to tailor the portion to our headcounts. Corkage fee is $25 and we opened 3 bottles between 6 person. The bill came to about $80 per person.Special Features:
- Great service, exemplary dishesMikeandPamDined on 9/19/2014Our first visit, and we'll definitely be coming back! Our server Kelly as well as Ari, were very attentive and Kelly took special note of one diner's food allergies. We especially LOVED the Ancho Chili Smoked Steelhead as well as the Hardwood Grilled Swordfish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014SEASTAR IS ONE OF OUR MOST FAVORITE RESTAURANTS. BEST FOOD IN BELLEVUE. LIKE ALL OTHER RESTAUANTS IT IS NOISY BUT YOU CAN HAVE A CONVERSATION IF THERE ARE ONLY FOUR AT THE TABLE MOST OF THE TIMESpecial Features:
- Seastar Not a Star!culinarychefDined on 9/18/2014Too noisy, service poor, food over priced and too fussy. A different vintage was substituted and not called to our attention and then we were charged am extra $100.00! We spoke with the manager and he made a correction on the bill but we had a very uncomfortable dining experience.Special Features:
- unhappy dining experiencexxxx67Dined on 9/16/2014Loudest dinner dining experience in memory WILL NOT go back or recommend to another , food was fine. Had lunch at the Barking Frog in Woodinville the next day, great environment, much ,much quieter, food was better, service equal.
- FantasticFoodismyfriendDined on 9/15/2014I can't say enough, Chef Howie and his team do an excellent job all around. Warm inviting environment, attentive and gracious service and the food is high quality, delicious and beautifully presented. We were repeat diners at the Bellevue location. I had the Cedar plank roasted wild salmon with Chef Howie's salmon rub and it was just the best and cooked to my perfection. I always order it a little on the well done side and they hit it right on, not dry but firmer than some like. Nice selection of desserts as well. Can't go wrong with a Howie establishment.Special Features:
- Made our anniversary specialPNWKayDined on 9/11/2014We celebrated our 15th anniversary by going for the first time to Seastar's Bellevue location. The ambiance was elegant but not fussy, and the service we received acknowledged the occasion very nicely. The gentleman who waited on us was truly outstanding, and his recommendations for both dishes and portions were spot on. The seafood tower and coconut cream pie for two (make that "for six") were heavenly. My only suggestion would be to avoid the street-side window tables unless you're prepared for chillier air.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!boboDined on 9/10/2014My boyfriend and I went to SeaStar to celebrate his birthday and we had an amazing experience! Our entrees were quite possibly the best seafood we've ever had! A little pricey but would definitely recommend for any special occasion and can't wait to go back again!Special Features: