Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
205 108th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://seastarrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4254560010
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm-9:00pm, Happy Hour Monday-Friday 3:30pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: John Howie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Weddings, private dinners, theme parties, cooking classes or special events. Seastar's professional off-site catering team can take care of your needs. Your menu will be designed specifically for your event by Chef Howie. We are a full service provider, taking care of all your tables, chairs, rentals, linen, service, entertainment and food and beverage needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Seastar Restaurant and raw bar offers several catering facilities. The Seastar Room, The Civica Room, The Fireside Room and for weddings & larger events we offer The Great Room and West Patio. Seastar will provide you with the attentive and detailed service that will make your event extra special.
- Private Party Contact: Laurel Dosch 4254561892
A word from Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
Chef John Howie's Award Winning Northwest Cuisine. Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar was voted "The best new restaurant in Western Washington by the viewers of KING5 Evening Magazine", and named the "Best new wine list in America by FOOD & WINE, July 2003". Chef Howie's menu offers fresh Pacific Northwest seafood, Kobe steaks, corn fed Nebraskan beef, pasta, salad and tantalizing raw bar items such as sushi, ceviche, poke and fresh shucked oysters.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (162)fit for foodies (137)good for groups (81)notable wine list (72)romantic (64)great for lunch (50)neighborhood gem (43)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (27)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (12)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food and servicemerb99Dined on 9/27/2014Food was really good as always. Service was particularly good this trip. Overall, we gave it a 5 star rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner spot in Bellevuekrimsy1Dined on 9/26/2014From appetizers to desserts this was an excellent dining experience. A great place to celebrate a special occasion with friends! Fabulous wine list & knowledgeable sommelier. Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014We get here about once a year when passing through the area. Excellent menu,food and service. A bit noisy.Special Features:
- High Expectations. ...FeastorfaminDined on 9/22/2014The nose level killed a lot of the ambiance my date and me were expecting. The service was very good, but the oysters were not cleaned because my date found a huge rock at the bottom of her bowl of oysters, meaning that the chef did not take the time to Clean and wash the posters first! My date lost her appetite after that. .. disappointing. The manager offered desert and a box of truffles to smooth things over. .. But truly, we were just looking to have a pleasant meal, some quiet conversation and relax! .... That didn't happen.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodGoebsDined on 9/21/2014Overall fantastic restaurant and the seafood was definitely outstanding, among the best even.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantOldaustrianDined on 9/21/2014This top-rated (Tripadvisor) restaurant lived up to our expectations. All the food was excellent (appetizers: crab cakes, crab/corn soup; mains: tuna, rainbow trout; dessert: lemon foam). Service was friendly, attentive, and unpretentious. The interior of the spacious restaurant is very tastefully designed, and noise level was low. My only complaint was that my serving of rainbow trout was too large! Those who endeavor to be overweight may not find fault with this.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great Seastar experience!SaltyInSeattleDined on 9/21/2014This has been our favorite seafood spot on the Eastside - and this visit just confirms and builds on each experience. Service is attentive without being intrusive, and the food just rocks. My wife and I started with a Sesame-crusted Ahi that was perfect, then we each had different salmon preparations - both were fresh, tasty, and cooked perfectly. A nice touch is that Seastar veggie/side dished are also special, not an afterthought that so many restaurants have resorted-to, making a nicely balanced and integrated meal. The wine list can be daunting, with prices between $35 and $1,400+ per bottle, but the sommelier is knowledgeable, unpretentious and helpful. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood, pricy but goodLelouchDined on 9/19/2014The seafood was excellent, surpassing my expectation. I was told the steak was decent but of course my first time I went with the fish. I specially enjoyed the seafood tower appetitzer thingy. The waitress was kind enough to tailor the portion to our headcounts. Corkage fee is $25 and we opened 3 bottles between 6 person. The bill came to about $80 per person.Special Features:
- Great service, exemplary dishesMikeandPamDined on 9/19/2014Our first visit, and we'll definitely be coming back! Our server Kelly as well as Ari, were very attentive and Kelly took special note of one diner's food allergies. We especially LOVED the Ancho Chili Smoked Steelhead as well as the Hardwood Grilled Swordfish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014SEASTAR IS ONE OF OUR MOST FAVORITE RESTAURANTS. BEST FOOD IN BELLEVUE. LIKE ALL OTHER RESTAUANTS IT IS NOISY BUT YOU CAN HAVE A CONVERSATION IF THERE ARE ONLY FOUR AT THE TABLE MOST OF THE TIMESpecial Features:
- unhappy dining experiencexxxx67Dined on 9/16/2014Loudest dinner dining experience in memory WILL NOT go back or recommend to another , food was fine. Had lunch at the Barking Frog in Woodinville the next day, great environment, much ,much quieter, food was better, service equal.
- FantasticFoodismyfriendDined on 9/15/2014I can't say enough, Chef Howie and his team do an excellent job all around. Warm inviting environment, attentive and gracious service and the food is high quality, delicious and beautifully presented. We were repeat diners at the Bellevue location. I had the Cedar plank roasted wild salmon with Chef Howie's salmon rub and it was just the best and cooked to my perfection. I always order it a little on the well done side and they hit it right on, not dry but firmer than some like. Nice selection of desserts as well. Can't go wrong with a Howie establishment.Special Features:
- Made our anniversary specialPNWKayDined on 9/11/2014We celebrated our 15th anniversary by going for the first time to Seastar's Bellevue location. The ambiance was elegant but not fussy, and the service we received acknowledged the occasion very nicely. The gentleman who waited on us was truly outstanding, and his recommendations for both dishes and portions were spot on. The seafood tower and coconut cream pie for two (make that "for six") were heavenly. My only suggestion would be to avoid the street-side window tables unless you're prepared for chillier air.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!boboDined on 9/10/2014My boyfriend and I went to SeaStar to celebrate his birthday and we had an amazing experience! Our entrees were quite possibly the best seafood we've ever had! A little pricey but would definitely recommend for any special occasion and can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Always YumDeviDined on 9/10/2014I frequent the Seattle location pretty often but this was my first time to the Bellevue location. It was still beautiful and the service I come to expect. The menu was different and that was refreshing. The food was delicious. Consistent is the word that comes to mind, and although that doesn't sound like a compliment. It very much is! It's assuring to know that I can rely on Seastar to have excellent service & food no matter what location I visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodJoepinkyDined on 9/6/2014The seafood bisque is excellent; This is one of our favoriet resturants to eat with friends and family. Plenty of variety in food to choose from and besides I have never had a bad meal at SeaStar.Special Features:
- First time at SeastarFoodloverDined on 9/6/2014We dined with friends who were visiting from Victoria. This was the first time for all of us, and we all enjoyed our meals. My salmon was a little dry, but still tasty. All the other meals were good as well. We will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ReastaurantDavidDined on 9/6/2014Menu choices were varied. Flavor and spice combinations on small plates and entrees alike were very imaginative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seastar is consistantly fine.makalu2Dined on 9/1/2014Always a fine time at Seastar. to our family they are always on point and go out of their way to make it a relaxing time.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencefoodfanDined on 8/31/2014This was my first raw bar experience and it was a great one. The food was amazing and they have this carmel banana desert with a hint of orange that will blow your mind. Thanks Seastar restaurant for making my eleventh anniversary a great one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters, Sushi, Seafood!FoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Had a wonderful dinner - almost. After waiting forever for the waitress, we ordered appys first - dozen oysters followed by various sushi rolls and ceviche. Waitress was going to bring all together - we wanted to enjoy the oysters first, then sushi/ceviche, followed by salad and entrees. Baring that, food was absolutely delicious (oysters were the freshest we've ever had). When the bill came, we were SO glad we looked it over - had a charge of a $72 bottle of wine we didn't order (in addition to wine we had ordered) which we brought to the servers attention and she promptly said the wine steward must have done that and had it removed. Overall a great meal! Would love to have their cookbook so will be looking into that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best option in BellevueWendyVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were recommended to try this restaurant by our cab driver! We checked it out on Open Table and Trip Advisor and they were right! We had a great meal. We especially liked the Salmon dish infused with a lot of Asian and local influence. The crab cakes were delicious as well. The service is good and the wine list is good. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VanessaDined on 8/30/2014We had a double birthday party and we sent a message about our event and we requested a birthday cake at the end of dinner. I checked with a girl at the front desk that they have received my message. She told, yes, everything is ok. We DID NOT get our bd cake, we ordered deserts and we got it with a candle. The quality of dishes getting worse. The stake was dry, calmary was too spicy, oysters not fresh. We paid $230 for 4 person (2 kid/2 adults) family dinner and were really disappointed. I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Not a StarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014no good. I am a foodie and was looking forward to what I hoped would be a fine dinner. I like all aspects of dining. Ambience was that of a hotel right down to having to leave the restaurant to use the attached offices restrooms. Service was fair to ok no personality no sell of the food no connection. The food, ok here you go. Two people 155.00. Appetizer 5 shrimp shared salad and two entrees 38.00 dollars for a small dry portion of salmon and a little broccoli and yes are you ready a scoop of "rice pilaf". I'm sure they have done better with the raw food that they don't need to cook. Overall it was a place foe the old people of bellvue to get sauced. And the younger crowd of bellvue to being their noisy kids. Yes
- Our serverLikeornotDined on 8/29/2014Her service was very timely and was easy to discuss our favor.Special Features:
- First Steelhead MealSteelheadDined on 8/28/2014The first time I've had Steelhead, and it was phenomenal. Great meal, with excellent service.Special Features:
- 19 yr anniversary lunchDebbieDined on 8/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our 19 yr anniversary enjoying lunch at Seastar. It was lovely. Our waiter was wonderful and very attentive. The food, as always, was delicious. We were seated right away. We brought along our picky 12yr old son who had no problem selecting a burger from the children's menu. We ordered oysters on the half shell. I had 2 appetizers (pesto clams and crab cakes) instead of a main entrée and they were delish. My husband ordered the crab and cheddar cheese sandwich which he described a lot like a tuna melt with crab, also tasty. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great dinner experienceacamanDined on 8/26/2014Thank you for a great dinner and special attention from Justin and Alana, We hope to come back soon.Special Features:
- Exceptional ExperienceMiamariaDined on 8/25/2014We can always count on an exceptional experience, whether it is just the two of us dining or when entertaining guests from out of town. It is a rare find in the many restaurant offerings available. Seastar will deliver the best food, service and atmosphere every visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client DinnerHmeikleDined on 8/23/2014It was excellent food and excellent service. There were three of us and the bill was $600.00 Which, is fine, because I wanted to experience fine dining, but we were sat next to a screaming baby, which was very obnoxious. Ok for Dennys or McDonalds...but not when you are spending this kind of money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big ReputationDanddandDined on 8/22/2014This has been rated as the top restaurant in Bellvue, WA. While it is very good our dinners were not great. I guess with the great reputation I expected more. We were a little disappointed. The service was good. They did not try to rush us at all and we were eating early on a Friday night. We just expected too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic !CeCeDined on 8/21/2014We were vacationing and visiting friends in the Seattle area just last week and were recommended the Sea Star. The 4 of us all ordered different entrees and they were just outstanding. We paired those with some delicious wines and it was a meal and night to remember. Ther service was outstanding. Thank you Sea Star for a most wonderful meal.....we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first visitChrisDined on 8/20/2014Easy to find and park, service was great, food was excellent and no problem being gluten intolerant. Food presentation was beautiful. We had a wonderful raw bar appetizer and dessert too.Special Features:
- RionDined on 8/20/2014excellent outdoor dining...great vibe.. very good food drinksSpecial Features:
- Seastarrc8647VIPDined on 8/18/2014Very disappointing. Salmon was overcooked. Crème Brulee was runny. Not sure if I will return.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in BellevueRichardb161Dined on 8/14/2014Seastar is simply the best place to dine anywhere! The food here is absolutely amazing. We were the first wedding they catered for back in August 2011 and the food at our wedding was as delicious as it is when you dine at their beautiful restaurant. The service here is first class, they make you feel special. If you are looking for a enchanting evening, with great food and awesome service, look no further than the Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar in Bellevue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seastar DiningPlaneJDined on 8/14/2014Seastar is always my go-to restaurant for the best seafood around. Lovely wine list, excellent service, and extraordinary food choices.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceBertoDined on 8/11/2014The food and experience are always top notch at Seastar! One of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect blend: food and serviceWildstarDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I chose to dine at Seastar for our anniversary based on word of mouth reviews from friends and colleagues. To sum up the evening: Car Valet - 5 Stars...witty, engaging, thoughtful Service - 5 Stars...Kelli was fantastic. Very attentive, open, conversational. Offered us complimentary desserts to celebrate our anniversary. Food - 4.5 Stars...We dined on an assortment of raw bar and cooked apps - all fantastic (especially Kalbi pork), desserts a bit underwhelming. Ambiance - 3 Stars...Nicely done for a restaurant wedged between office buildings. No view - unless you like to watch BMWs drive by the window. Overall - 4.5 Stars...Great find and a fantastic spot when in Bellevue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unagi Portions - SmallDavidVIPDined on 8/8/2014I have been frequenting SeaStar in Bellevue for years, however the size of the Unagi the last few times I visited was really small and disappointing. The portions of vegetables was smaller on the Ahi (my favorite).Special Features: