Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
205 108th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://seastarrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (425) 456-0010
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm-9:00pm, Happy Hour Monday-Friday 3:30pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: John Howie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Weddings, private dinners, theme parties, cooking classes or special events. Seastar's professional off-site catering team can take care of your needs. Your menu will be designed specifically for your event by Chef Howie. We are a full service provider, taking care of all your tables, chairs, rentals, linen, service, entertainment and food and beverage needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Seastar Restaurant and raw bar offers several catering facilities. The Seastar Room, The Civica Room, The Fireside Room and for weddings & larger events we offer The Great Room and West Patio. Seastar will provide you with the attentive and detailed service that will make your event extra special.
- Private Party Contact: Laurel Dosch 4254561892
A word from Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
Chef John Howie's Award Winning Northwest Cuisine. Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar was voted "The best new restaurant in Western Washington by the viewers of KING5 Evening Magazine", and named the "Best new wine list in America by FOOD & WINE, July 2003". Chef Howie's menu offers fresh Pacific Northwest seafood, Kobe steaks, corn fed Nebraskan beef, pasta, salad and tantalizing raw bar items such as sushi, ceviche, poke and fresh shucked oysters.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
263 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (171)fit for foodies (168)good for groups (90)notable wine list (82)romantic (80)neighborhood gem (53)great for lunch (42)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (24)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (10)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Seastar scores againWine46loverDined on 11/15/2014We took good friends who were visiting from Ohio and wanted a Seattle Foodie Experience. It truly did not disappoint. From the Ahi to the Pacific NW Seafood Stew everything was wonderful. If I had to criticize anything it was that on of my mussels in the stew had broken shells. This should have been caught by someone prior to being brought to the table, but that is a minor deal. We also brought some special wine with us to celebrate with our friends and the $25 corkage was reasonable. Seastar will continue to be one of our "go-to" places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!mruthDined on 11/15/2014The service, food and wine were outstanding! The wine steward suggested a wine that went perfectly with our dinner. I ordered the mahi mahi with the cucumber macadamia nut relish and I loved it! Dessert was a molten chocolate that was to die for. I highly recommend Seastar! My only complaint is it did get a bit loud in the dining room so conversation was a bit tricky at times. It's a bit pricey but honestly worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic spot for small group!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/8/2014We ate here for my husband's birthday with 6 people. The noise level in the restaurant never impeded our conversations. Our waiter was superb! My husband received a free dessert for his birthday. Thank you, Seastar, for an excellent celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Delish!LovethedealDined on 11/7/2014I wasn't disappointed. I brought a out of town business associate for dinner. We started with the oyster sampler and they were very good. I had the swordfish. It was a nice thick fillet, perfectly cooked and well seasoned. The presentation was nice and it tasted as good as it looked. My associate had the scallops. Interesting that they were breaded but he said they were very good. His dish didn't look like a lot on the plate but he said he was satisfied. We ended the meal sharing a creme brûlée. It was big enough to share and was excellent. One if the best I have had. I would definitely go back - it was expensive $95 for my part and I had only one drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticgeekhuhDined on 11/3/2014I've been here 3 times in total, and I tried the seafood bowl ($72) this time. It has 6 king crab legs, 6 dungeness crab legs, 6 scallop ceviche, and 6 grilled tiger prawn. Oh, and also 6 oysters. It's prepared on a big bowl of ice which is very presentable in my opinion. And since I like the original flavors, I ate them without dipping in the sauce. They taste good!Special Features:
- Great foodMapleValleyGirlDined on 11/1/2014Food was fantastic. Service could have been better. Our waitress was very friendly and pleasant but disappeared for long periods of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolute favorite!chooseblissDined on 11/1/2014Seastar is simply top notch! The service is second-to-none and the food, from the presentation to finish is incredible. We were there this time for my son's birthday celebration. It could not have been better. The Seastar Tower for a starter is not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good.SeattlelocalVIPDined on 10/31/2014I find Seastar less pricy than other seafood restaurants and the food has been consistently good. I do recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- europeanfoodloverDined on 10/30/2014Second time at Seastar. First time was in Seattle and now in Bellevue for the Seattle restaurant week. Very good food and service.Special Features:
- Love restaurant weekLove2eatVIPDined on 10/30/2014We visited Seastar Bellevue during restaurant week. I was quite impressed with the portion size. One never knows if, during restaurant week, the restaurant will scale down the serving sizes--Seastar did not. The food was very good, I particularly enjoyed my app--jalepeno sushi roll--and my dessert--coconut pie, which was earth shattering good. I like the fact that parking is validated in the building that contains the restaurant. Since it was pouring rain the night we went, it was nice we didn't have to go outside to gain access to the restaurant. The one draw back for me is it is a large restaurant and, of course, was full to overflowing; hence, very noisy. However, we still managed to have a great dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2014The food was great and served fast! The atmosphere is good for family instead of couple though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seastar shows its need for profitseat2liveDined on 10/29/2014Seastar began as an excellent foodie gem dedicated to seafood, created by chef/entrepreneur John Howie. Now it struggles for profits and the food shows it. No more bread sticks, much smaller fish portions, and weaker drinks. The space is very inviting, albeit noisy, due to so many hard surfaces bouncing diner's conversation off the walls. Our table was particularly noisy. We had a good time nevertheless.Special Features:
- Fine food & overall experienceLuncherDined on 10/29/2014Food is great. Service is great. Ambience is very nice. Great place to go for celebratory dinner or just anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood GemucmcDined on 10/28/2014I really enjoy the trout and salmon. Overall great experiences every time I come. Oyster could be better though.Special Features:
- OutstandingRaindropDined on 10/28/2014We came here for a special occasion. great food. great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!kate26Dined on 10/27/2014Excellent food and service!! I plan to return on another occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!EnjoyitDined on 10/26/2014The food was great, the service was wonderful and I would definitely recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionally good foodfusseyDined on 10/26/2014I don't impress easily when it comes to top restaurants, but the Seastar is a top pick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious seafoodcorkmonkeyDined on 10/25/2014Seastar has a beautiful setting, very inviting, and the staff is friendly and helpful. We were guided on both food and wine selections, and loved them all. The pumpkin seed crusted scallops and the ancho chili smoked steelhead were our choices, and they were both incredible. It was the kind of food that when you take the first bite, you let out a little happy moan because it is so good. Then you say to your partner, "you have to try this!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/25/2014We have been to Seastar many times and always love it. Unfortunately, this experience did not live up. After sitting for 15 minutes without a server coming by, we finally had to ask someone to get our waitress. We then finally ordered and our food came before our drinks did. When our drinks were empty we had to again, ask someone to find our waitress to get another round. She never came by and asked if we needed anything, how are food was, or to apologize for being absent. It was not busy so that was not the problem. I would have given the service rating a poor, but the bus boy worked very hard and was attentive. The food was overall good, but the scallops in the Seastar tower were cold, and the Hawaiian fish was overcooked.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceRarelyDineOutDined on 10/22/2014Don't eat out a lot and rarely at a place as upscale as Seastar. That said, the entire dinner experience was wonderfull; the food was both unique and excellent (might have to buy John Howie's cook book to get the recipe for the zucchini/pear salad). As for the table service, I haven't been pampered like that in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUSIEDined on 10/22/2014EXCELLENT FOOD AND PRESENTATION, NICE SERVERS, WE GOT TO EXPERIENCE RESTARAUNT WEEK AND ALL THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS AND LARGE PORTIONS.............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So accommodating... and delicious!VeganDinerVIPDined on 10/22/2014I eat vegan & gluten free, and frequent fine dining establishments in Bellevue with clients. Ordinarily in the ordering process my guests' attention is drawn to my food choices which, depending on the restaurant, can be quite awkward. Not to mention it is not the reason for our time together. I was thrilled to discover Seastar had a menu item I could order without having to modify in any way, which kept the focus on my clients and their business - and we all had fabulous meals.Special Features:
- Great Experience!liv2eatDined on 10/21/2014My bf and I had the most amazing meal there. Tiffany was our server. I have not had such stellar service in the past 3 years. She was attentive but not overly. Helpful in her suggestions and humble at the same time. In regards to the food, --phenomenal. The Lentil soup was perfectly flavored with a great kick at the end that was not too strong. We couldn't believe the soup was vegetarian! I have been to Seastar a couple handful of times and the Steelhead fish with the mushroom mashed potatoes this time blew me away. Since my dinner 2 days ago, I have since convinced 4 couples to consider restaurant week at Seastar!Special Features:
- nickbaxterDined on 10/21/2014My wife and I went to Seastar for a date night. We don't go to fine dining often, so when we do, we have incredibly high standards. The appetizers and desserts were tremendous. All the flavors and textures were nice, but the main dishes had some flaws. The smoke on the salmon in my linguine was too strong for my liking (perfect texture though) and my wife's chicken came out way overcooked. The calamari ceviche and jalepeno sushi rolls were our favorite dishes of the night. The chocolate cake a bit dry but perfect with the accompanying creme sauce. The creme brule was delicious, just too rich for my liking. Overall, I would recommend Seastar. Food is above average and it was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Lives up to its reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014We visited Seastar for the first time and really enjoyed it. Service was very good - attentive, but not overly and annoyingly so. We had an ahi poke appetizer that was delicious - the ahi was very fresh and the taro chips that came with it were crisp. The steelhead was well-prepared, but the chicken entree we had was a little overdone, but still flavorful. Overall we would stick with the seafood that seems to be the specialty of the house. We're ready to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 for $30LarryDined on 10/21/2014We always come to Seastar for special occasions and the great deal during restaurant week. For the appetizer, I had Calamari Ceviche with Roasted Tomato, Chilies, Lime and Cilantro. Completely tastless in spite of the ingrediants, should have sent it back. My steelhead was amazing as was the White Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie and Creme Brulee. The Tillapia was perfect as usual. Our server was less than helpful about wine selection but otherwise was attentive to our needs. We recommend SeaStar to all our out of town visitors and friends.Special Features:
- Seastar never fails to impressMollyDined on 10/20/2014Birthday celebration at Seastar with 5 people. Everyone loved the food, they brought a complimentary dessert and they waited on us perfectly. I love this place and you will too.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner deluxFineDinerDined on 10/20/2014We went to Seastar Bellevue for our 33rd wedding anniversary and ordered the 3 for $30 meals. Both the Steelhead and Rainbow trout were fabulous as were the spicy lentil soup, Treasure Cove oysters and the creme brule and coconut cream pie. We ordered the Mark Ryan Merlot which accompanied the meal perfectly. Our hostess remembered it was our anniversary and our waiter was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014our first visit - saw online reviews - atmosphere very nice and food was excellent - great service - would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveToEatGoodFoodDined on 10/18/2014We had a very nice time. The food (which is the main reason we came) was wonderful. Everyone was very polite. Thank youSpecial Features:
- wonderfulRichardnConnieMarieDined on 10/17/2014Delicious plank salmon, halibut both perfectly prepared. Great salad. Sommelier suggested an excellent local wine. Tables are large which detracts from intimacy. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful dinner at SeastarTGF58VIPDined on 10/13/2014As always, Seastar delivers a great experience. Our group's food choices were all hits - the Ahi Tuna was incredible! And we also truly enjoyed the halibut dish and the cedar planked salmon. For something a little unusual on the appetizer side, I would suggest the cedar planked mushrooms -- very tasty. Our server was of great help in guiding us through the menu and her service was very attentive - we had three different sommeliers our wine at one point or another. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- What a gem!WendyDined on 10/13/2014I recently had the pleasure of dining at Seastar on my business trip. Excellent experience, amazing food and excellent service. A true gem in the heart of Bellvue. I will definitely be coming back on my next visit.Special Features:
- One if the best waitresses!DrmpdxDined on 10/12/2014A great hidden spot in Bellevue. We had a wonderful meal and a great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit, won't be the lastDebiMDined on 10/12/2014This was our first visit to SeaStar and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere was quiet but welcoming. Our entree choices were exceptional. Our anniversary was made even more memorable by our wonderful server.Special Features:
- Amazing!cc2350Dined on 10/12/2014We had a group of five adults and two children. I cannot say enough about the service we received and how they made the children feel comfortable. Our server Evan was very profession got our entire order right (which was a lot of food with various substitutions). The Sommelier (we didn't catch his name) was quick to fill our wine glasses and even delivered our appetizers to the table. I love how present he was. The entire support staff came over and talked to my daughter who was waving and trying to catch their attention. The food was wonderful. Large portions, beautiful presentation and perfect flavor profiles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceFictilisDined on 10/11/2014Impeccable service and Devine food made for a memorable anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- JTF2000JTF2000Dined on 10/10/2014Great food as always. Service even better that normal this timeSpecial Features:
- fantasticDBonMIVIPDined on 9/30/2014Even though the place was incredibly noisy, the food was amazing. I had an acho-chile rubbed Salmon that was out of this worldSpecial Features: