Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
205 108th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://seastarrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4254560010
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm-9:00pm, Happy Hour Monday-Friday 3:30pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: John Howie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Weddings, private dinners, theme parties, cooking classes or special events. Seastar's professional off-site catering team can take care of your needs. Your menu will be designed specifically for your event by Chef Howie. We are a full service provider, taking care of all your tables, chairs, rentals, linen, service, entertainment and food and beverage needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Seastar Restaurant and raw bar offers several catering facilities. The Seastar Room, The Civica Room, The Fireside Room and for weddings & larger events we offer The Great Room and West Patio. Seastar will provide you with the attentive and detailed service that will make your event extra special.
- Private Party Contact: Laurel Dosch 4254561892
A word from Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
Chef John Howie's Award Winning Northwest Cuisine. Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar was voted "The best new restaurant in Western Washington by the viewers of KING5 Evening Magazine", and named the "Best new wine list in America by FOOD & WINE, July 2003". Chef Howie's menu offers fresh Pacific Northwest seafood, Kobe steaks, corn fed Nebraskan beef, pasta, salad and tantalizing raw bar items such as sushi, ceviche, poke and fresh shucked oysters.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (148)fit for foodies (132)good for groups (79)notable wine list (73)romantic (58)great for lunch (46)neighborhood gem (46)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (26)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (9)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Seastar never fails to impressMollyDined on 10/20/2014Birthday celebration at Seastar with 5 people. Everyone loved the food, they brought a complimentary dessert and they waited on us perfectly. I love this place and you will too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014our first visit - saw online reviews - atmosphere very nice and food was excellent - great service - would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014We had a very nice time. The food (which is the main reason we came) was wonderful. Everyone was very polite. Thank youSpecial Features:
- wonderfulRichardnConnieMarieDined on 10/17/2014Delicious plank salmon, halibut both perfectly prepared. Great salad. Sommelier suggested an excellent local wine. Tables are large which detracts from intimacy. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful dinner at SeastarTGF58VIPDined on 10/13/2014As always, Seastar delivers a great experience. Our group's food choices were all hits - the Ahi Tuna was incredible! And we also truly enjoyed the halibut dish and the cedar planked salmon. For something a little unusual on the appetizer side, I would suggest the cedar planked mushrooms -- very tasty. Our server was of great help in guiding us through the menu and her service was very attentive - we had three different sommeliers our wine at one point or another. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- What a gem!WendyDined on 10/13/2014I recently had the pleasure of dining at Seastar on my business trip. Excellent experience, amazing food and excellent service. A true gem in the heart of Bellvue. I will definitely be coming back on my next visit.Special Features:
- One if the best waitresses!DrmpdxDined on 10/12/2014A great hidden spot in Bellevue. We had a wonderful meal and a great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit, won't be the lastDebiMDined on 10/12/2014This was our first visit to SeaStar and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere was quiet but welcoming. Our entree choices were exceptional. Our anniversary was made even more memorable by our wonderful server.Special Features:
- Amazing!cc2350Dined on 10/12/2014We had a group of five adults and two children. I cannot say enough about the service we received and how they made the children feel comfortable. Our server Evan was very profession got our entire order right (which was a lot of food with various substitutions). The Sommelier (we didn't catch his name) was quick to fill our wine glasses and even delivered our appetizers to the table. I love how present he was. The entire support staff came over and talked to my daughter who was waving and trying to catch their attention. The food was wonderful. Large portions, beautiful presentation and perfect flavor profiles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceFictilisDined on 10/11/2014Impeccable service and Devine food made for a memorable anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- JTF2000JTF2000Dined on 10/10/2014Great food as always. Service even better that normal this timeSpecial Features:
- fantasticDBonMIVIPDined on 9/30/2014Even though the place was incredibly noisy, the food was amazing. I had an acho-chile rubbed Salmon that was out of this worldSpecial Features:
- good food, good servicemmjjDined on 9/29/2014As usual, we had a good experience at Seastar. Everyone enjoyed their food and our server was prompt and pleasant. Her recommendations in answer to our questions were also good.Special Features:
- FoodluvrDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant was crowded (Saturday nigt), and we got a table far in the back, by an exit door. Not very pleasing, but ok. Our server was very friendly, but there were long waits between times when we saw her. I asked for my salmon to be cooked medium & it came out very dry. The response was that because I asked for it to be cooked that way, it couldn't be helped. I beg to differ, but the server did manage to bring 2 sauces, which made it much more palatable. The beurre blanc sauce was delicious! Dessert was nothing special, and we never got the coffee we requested. All in all, it was a good meal and I would return again, maybe on a night less busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicemerb99Dined on 9/27/2014Food was really good as always. Service was particularly good this trip. Overall, we gave it a 5 star rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner spot in Bellevuekrimsy1Dined on 9/26/2014From appetizers to desserts this was an excellent dining experience. A great place to celebrate a special occasion with friends! Fabulous wine list & knowledgeable sommelier. Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014We get here about once a year when passing through the area. Excellent menu,food and service. A bit noisy.Special Features:
- High Expectations. ...FeastorfaminDined on 9/22/2014The nose level killed a lot of the ambiance my date and me were expecting. The service was very good, but the oysters were not cleaned because my date found a huge rock at the bottom of her bowl of oysters, meaning that the chef did not take the time to Clean and wash the posters first! My date lost her appetite after that. .. disappointing. The manager offered desert and a box of truffles to smooth things over. .. But truly, we were just looking to have a pleasant meal, some quiet conversation and relax! .... That didn't happen.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodGoebsDined on 9/21/2014Overall fantastic restaurant and the seafood was definitely outstanding, among the best even.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantOldaustrianDined on 9/21/2014This top-rated (Tripadvisor) restaurant lived up to our expectations. All the food was excellent (appetizers: crab cakes, crab/corn soup; mains: tuna, rainbow trout; dessert: lemon foam). Service was friendly, attentive, and unpretentious. The interior of the spacious restaurant is very tastefully designed, and noise level was low. My only complaint was that my serving of rainbow trout was too large! Those who endeavor to be overweight may not find fault with this.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great Seastar experience!SaltyInSeattleDined on 9/21/2014This has been our favorite seafood spot on the Eastside - and this visit just confirms and builds on each experience. Service is attentive without being intrusive, and the food just rocks. My wife and I started with a Sesame-crusted Ahi that was perfect, then we each had different salmon preparations - both were fresh, tasty, and cooked perfectly. A nice touch is that Seastar veggie/side dished are also special, not an afterthought that so many restaurants have resorted-to, making a nicely balanced and integrated meal. The wine list can be daunting, with prices between $35 and $1,400+ per bottle, but the sommelier is knowledgeable, unpretentious and helpful. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood, pricy but goodLelouchDined on 9/19/2014The seafood was excellent, surpassing my expectation. I was told the steak was decent but of course my first time I went with the fish. I specially enjoyed the seafood tower appetitzer thingy. The waitress was kind enough to tailor the portion to our headcounts. Corkage fee is $25 and we opened 3 bottles between 6 person. The bill came to about $80 per person.Special Features:
- Great service, exemplary dishesMikeandPamDined on 9/19/2014Our first visit, and we'll definitely be coming back! Our server Kelly as well as Ari, were very attentive and Kelly took special note of one diner's food allergies. We especially LOVED the Ancho Chili Smoked Steelhead as well as the Hardwood Grilled Swordfish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014SEASTAR IS ONE OF OUR MOST FAVORITE RESTAURANTS. BEST FOOD IN BELLEVUE. LIKE ALL OTHER RESTAUANTS IT IS NOISY BUT YOU CAN HAVE A CONVERSATION IF THERE ARE ONLY FOUR AT THE TABLE MOST OF THE TIMESpecial Features:
- unhappy dining experiencexxxx67Dined on 9/16/2014Loudest dinner dining experience in memory WILL NOT go back or recommend to another , food was fine. Had lunch at the Barking Frog in Woodinville the next day, great environment, much ,much quieter, food was better, service equal.
- FantasticFoodismyfriendDined on 9/15/2014I can't say enough, Chef Howie and his team do an excellent job all around. Warm inviting environment, attentive and gracious service and the food is high quality, delicious and beautifully presented. We were repeat diners at the Bellevue location. I had the Cedar plank roasted wild salmon with Chef Howie's salmon rub and it was just the best and cooked to my perfection. I always order it a little on the well done side and they hit it right on, not dry but firmer than some like. Nice selection of desserts as well. Can't go wrong with a Howie establishment.Special Features:
- Made our anniversary specialPNWKayDined on 9/11/2014We celebrated our 15th anniversary by going for the first time to Seastar's Bellevue location. The ambiance was elegant but not fussy, and the service we received acknowledged the occasion very nicely. The gentleman who waited on us was truly outstanding, and his recommendations for both dishes and portions were spot on. The seafood tower and coconut cream pie for two (make that "for six") were heavenly. My only suggestion would be to avoid the street-side window tables unless you're prepared for chillier air.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!boboDined on 9/10/2014My boyfriend and I went to SeaStar to celebrate his birthday and we had an amazing experience! Our entrees were quite possibly the best seafood we've ever had! A little pricey but would definitely recommend for any special occasion and can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Always YumDeviDined on 9/10/2014I frequent the Seattle location pretty often but this was my first time to the Bellevue location. It was still beautiful and the service I come to expect. The menu was different and that was refreshing. The food was delicious. Consistent is the word that comes to mind, and although that doesn't sound like a compliment. It very much is! It's assuring to know that I can rely on Seastar to have excellent service & food no matter what location I visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodJoepinkyDined on 9/6/2014The seafood bisque is excellent; This is one of our favoriet resturants to eat with friends and family. Plenty of variety in food to choose from and besides I have never had a bad meal at SeaStar.Special Features:
- First time at SeastarFoodloverDined on 9/6/2014We dined with friends who were visiting from Victoria. This was the first time for all of us, and we all enjoyed our meals. My salmon was a little dry, but still tasty. All the other meals were good as well. We will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ReastaurantDavidDined on 9/6/2014Menu choices were varied. Flavor and spice combinations on small plates and entrees alike were very imaginative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seastar is consistantly fine.makalu2Dined on 9/1/2014Always a fine time at Seastar. to our family they are always on point and go out of their way to make it a relaxing time.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencefoodfanDined on 8/31/2014This was my first raw bar experience and it was a great one. The food was amazing and they have this carmel banana desert with a hint of orange that will blow your mind. Thanks Seastar restaurant for making my eleventh anniversary a great one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters, Sushi, Seafood!FoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Had a wonderful dinner - almost. After waiting forever for the waitress, we ordered appys first - dozen oysters followed by various sushi rolls and ceviche. Waitress was going to bring all together - we wanted to enjoy the oysters first, then sushi/ceviche, followed by salad and entrees. Baring that, food was absolutely delicious (oysters were the freshest we've ever had). When the bill came, we were SO glad we looked it over - had a charge of a $72 bottle of wine we didn't order (in addition to wine we had ordered) which we brought to the servers attention and she promptly said the wine steward must have done that and had it removed. Overall a great meal! Would love to have their cookbook so will be looking into that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best option in BellevueWendyVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were recommended to try this restaurant by our cab driver! We checked it out on Open Table and Trip Advisor and they were right! We had a great meal. We especially liked the Salmon dish infused with a lot of Asian and local influence. The crab cakes were delicious as well. The service is good and the wine list is good. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VanessaDined on 8/30/2014We had a double birthday party and we sent a message about our event and we requested a birthday cake at the end of dinner. I checked with a girl at the front desk that they have received my message. She told, yes, everything is ok. We DID NOT get our bd cake, we ordered deserts and we got it with a candle. The quality of dishes getting worse. The stake was dry, calmary was too spicy, oysters not fresh. We paid $230 for 4 person (2 kid/2 adults) family dinner and were really disappointed. I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Not a StarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014no good. I am a foodie and was looking forward to what I hoped would be a fine dinner. I like all aspects of dining. Ambience was that of a hotel right down to having to leave the restaurant to use the attached offices restrooms. Service was fair to ok no personality no sell of the food no connection. The food, ok here you go. Two people 155.00. Appetizer 5 shrimp shared salad and two entrees 38.00 dollars for a small dry portion of salmon and a little broccoli and yes are you ready a scoop of "rice pilaf". I'm sure they have done better with the raw food that they don't need to cook. Overall it was a place foe the old people of bellvue to get sauced. And the younger crowd of bellvue to being their noisy kids. Yes
- Our serverLikeornotDined on 8/29/2014Her service was very timely and was easy to discuss our favor.Special Features:
- First Steelhead MealSteelheadDined on 8/28/2014The first time I've had Steelhead, and it was phenomenal. Great meal, with excellent service.Special Features: