Seasons of Durango
764 Main Avenue
Durango, CO 81301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seasons of Durango
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://seasonsofdurango.com/
- Phone: 9703829790
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner:Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - Close
Brunch: Sunday 11:00- 2:00
Bar Opens Daily at 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Stewart
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Wine Cellar with room for up to 26. Private Tasting room with room for up to 10.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Barger or Erin Gregoru 9703829790
- Entertainment: Two private dining areas, temperature controlled, music controlled, flat screen TV in each room for presentations.
- Special Events: Monthly Wine Classes, Eno-Tech! Reservations required. Second Tuesday of each month.
Spirit Series Classes held monthly
A word from Seasons of Durango
Seasons of Durango , established in 1994, is firmly rooted to American-style cooking perfectly paired with exemplary service. Our casually elegant dining room buzzes with the excitement of an open exhibition kitchen, award winning wine list and the best views of Main Street . Seasons is a truly memorable dining experience. Wine Spectator Award Winner again for 2012!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Seasons of Durango - Best Restaurants in Durango ›
Seasons of Durango reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (46)special occasion (39)notable wine list (36)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (21)great for outdoor dining (15)great for lunch (12)hot spot (11)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Couldn't be betterLisaFremontVIPDined on 9/15/2014First, we asked for a quieter area of the restaurant and the Seasons provided us with a perfect area, where all my guests could hear easily. We were so grateful. Second, the variety of food choices was superb and everyone enjoyed their meals. Third, our servers were gracious and attentive. We couldn't have asked for a better experience and it was lovely to have our wishes so well respected. Kudo's to the Seasons. We'll be back after our fabulous dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner at SeasonsRVingFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Table and Hostess were ready although we were a bit early. Server was knowledgeable and helpful. The carpaccio was super, entrees great, the best tiramisu in my memory, and palisade peaches over a genius shortcake with whipped cream. First Class experience.Special Features:
- Amazing service, delicious food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My lady friend and I made reservations for our anniversary. Flowers were on the table and a bottle of champagne was on ice waiting for us. The service was above and beyond what I expected. The food was thoroughly delicious. It was an experience that I will not soon forget. Thanks a bunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceVeganDinerDined on 9/12/2014Had a terrific meal with roasted shisito peppers for appetizer, husband had the trout and I had a terrific risotto prepared vegan style that ess delicious. Our waiter was attentive and helpful with our choices. Will definitely go back when in Durango again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I make it a yearly outing to have dinner at Seasons for our wedding anniversary. We love the food, the wine list and always have great service. While the prices (for us) are on the higher end (not high), the food and service never disappoint.Special Features:
- Not for VegansMichaelDined on 9/6/2014One of the party of 4 was a vegan. Having frequented the restaurant many times, the chef previously was able to put together a vegan dish that was well seasoned and tasty. In this last occasion, the chef provided a bland tasting risotto with vegetables and demonstrated a complete lack of creativity or interest. It was terrible!Special Features:
- Wait staff and manager a disgracePenguinDined on 9/5/2014The food was excellent / Every thing else could not have been worse // Staff and management went out of their way to act inappropriately in every way // NEVER GO THERESpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Fabulous dinner, great food, lovely atmosphere, excellent service . . . all and all our FAVORITE restaurant ANYWHERE!!!Special Features:
- Relax on the patio, enjoy the food!DurangoFoodieDined on 8/16/2014The patio was surprisingly empty, which made for a quiet, romantic evening. Food was top notch, as expected. It's nice that Seasons makes a special effort to use local produce & meats, is creative with seasonal foods. Service was attentive (thanks, Jamie!) and very friendly and helpful. No complaints, will return for sure.Special Features:
- Simply OutstandingbreakfastloverVIPDined on 8/14/2014I was traveling alone on a business trip and was staying in Durango and found this place on Opentable. Based on the reviews, I decided to reserve a table. What a smart move -- the duck liver mousse was mild and smooth and delicious; the coho salmon with roasted beets and red potatoes was out of this world. The cappuccino was hot and excellent. And the server (Mark) was excellent, too. I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El ToroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Season's is always a good choice. The menu is creative. Food is always well prepared and delicious. The atmosphere is always welcoming and comfortable. And there is a great wine selection to suit anyone's palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in DurangoRacerGirlVIPDined on 8/9/2014We eat at Seasons every time we can find an excuse to drive through Durango and we're never disappointed. The quality of the food and wine is a cut above any mountain town and rates right there up there with the best food experiences in Colorado (and Utah and Nevada and...). Good service, fresh creative cooking and a distinctive wine list in a comfortable casual setting. What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Fresh, locally grown veggies and salad were particularly greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to itchiefmadmanVIPDined on 8/4/2014Creamed corn and ham side was incredibly good. Scallops were over salted. Cream cheese icing on chocolate cake was a bad idea or just poorly executed. Service was good and wine list was exceptional. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we wantedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014We had a delicious dinner at Seasons. We both ordered off the special menu. My husband had the scallops and I had the grilled Alaskan sockeye. They were both beautifully plated and cooked perfectly. It was evident that the chef takes pride in his/her work. We had the peach shortcake for dessert with those delicious Colorado peaches! Yum! We love coming to Seasons whenever we're in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasons DurangoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Thoroughly enjoyed everything we ordered. Sockey salmon was probably the best I've tasted. Kale salad and ceasar salad were excellent. Our server was knowledgable and attentive. My only complaint - $3.00 for a bread basket and $1.50 for extra dressing for a salad?? What's up with that in a quality restaurant like Seasons?Special Features:
- Good food well prepared.MJ3727Dined on 7/27/2014Seasons was excellent. The menu variety was adequate and both the food quality and the service were outstanding. The food was served in a timely manner. We had four different entrees and they were all tasty. We recommend Seasons for anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Season'sLAFoodieDined on 7/26/2014My second time at Season's... I'm a bit of a food snob and must say that I love this place. Incredible service, the food is amazing and if I if I want a $400.00 bottle of wine of a $20.00 bottle of wine they've got you covered. I'll be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencedurangodevoteeDined on 7/25/2014Seasons is the best place to get fresh seasonal (and local) foods expertly prepared. It's the height of the season, so the vegetables were enjoyed by everyone in our party. The sophisticated but casual elegance impressed our guests from California.Special Features:
- DianeDianeDined on 7/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening! The first glass of wine was a mistake, but I ordered a second glass of Cabernet and they said "opps" ! I was given a merlot but the second glass was a Cabernet. The food was very delicious!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014Fantastic food, wine, accommodations, knowledgeable staff, "Great Energy", locals favorite. Our job candidate was very impressed!Special Features:
- Condiments? That'll cost extra!PhoenixDined on 7/4/2014I was charged $1.00 for cocktail sauce to go with my oysters on the 1/2 shell. Apparently $63.00 for 6 oysters and a flank steak just wasn't enough. I get the concept of fine dining, but even Long John Silvers will give you all the cocktail sauce you want at NO extra cost. It should be noted: I wasn't asking for EXTRA cocktail sauce. I just wanted SOME cocktail sauce. Perhaps the waiter could've told me condiments were only offered at an ADDITIONAL charge.
- Wonderful food!cowgirlDined on 6/27/2014I love the menu, which is ever changing and so interesting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Get the home made ice cream! Almost better than gelato!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Seasons is a wonderful restaurant--excellent food and service. Yum!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best in the Southwest!rockinJVIPDined on 6/8/2014An oasis of casual fine dining, ambience and tentative service ... Seasons makes our short list of faves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Farm to Table DinnerSueBVIPDined on 6/7/2014We visit Durango 3-4 times a year and always eat here. Food is outstanding. Love the use of local meat and produce. Also have great seafood. This dinner we shared the baby kale salad with cherries, almonds and local cheese. Very nice, light vinagarette. For dinner I had the sockeye salmon which was pan seared with local potatoes, fava beans and mushrooms. It was outstanding. For dessert had home made chocolate and cherry pit (oh so creamy and cherry tasting) ice cream. We had a good bottle of pinot noir that was reasonably priced. Service excellent. Can't wait to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth experiencing!Foodie55VIPDined on 5/31/2014Seasons is a special treat for anyone who enjoys great food, innovative menu, extensive wine list and good service. Our evening was quite enjoyable. Atmosphere classy. Ample space between tables. Waiter attentive but not cloyingly. Will make another visit!Special Features:
- Over hypedstablebumDined on 5/30/2014We heard good reviews on the Seasons & we are a bit of a foodie so we were excited. But, we had eaten @ ken & Sue's the night before so our experience was altered. The bar menu was not imaginative & bar service took forever. Our waiter was pleasant but did not connect. I had the lamb tagine & son had the mahi mahi. It was good but nobody was going "here you have to have a bite". The ambience was cheerful but I think it's overhyped!
- We had a great meal.RecreationalDinerDined on 5/30/2014Seasons has the types of entrees you'd expect on their menu. They really shine on the nightly specials. Seasons puts a focus on lamb. I had lamb tanjine with a subtle molé sauce. My wife had gnocchi with bolognese. The sauce was rich from stock and the meat had been grilled prior to being incorporated in the sauce. Both entrees were outstanding. We had a bottle of Rombauer Zinfandel direct "fron Karen's stash." It was a good way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iron horse celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2014this is the perfect place to celebrate after iron horse classic bicycle event or any special gathering.Special Features:
- The following 251 reviews are from the Seasons of Durango reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014Great place for dinner. Service was awesome. Food very good too. Loved the halibut special. Caesar salad good but not outstanding. Patio was a bit sterile but we chose to go there after passing up an awesome table. A little early for patio dining perhaps with flowers it would be better. :-)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2014Exceptional service and friendliness. Excellent food. reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Still one of Durango's bestLuvseafoodDined on 5/6/2014Enjoyed it second time around. Service is top notch and food so fresh! Definitely on our list when visiting town.Special Features:
- Great findLuvseafoodDined on 5/4/2014One of the best restaurants in Durango. Farm to table, great dishes, great service.Special Features:
- 25th Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014We chose to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary at Season's. We weren't disappointed the menu is one of the more unique and sophisticated ones in Durango!! We had also celebrated Christmas Eve 2013 there as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet4uDined on 4/25/2014Our first visit to a long desired restaurant to try. It met all of our expectations food and service wise perfectly. It was a little loud, but worth it for the quality of food and service.Special Features:
- Wonderful Easter BrunchHappyDined on 4/20/2014The food choices were wonderful and we really enjoyed our meal and super service. Season's is awesome and always comes through.Special Features:
- Food was mediocre at bestLuluDined on 4/12/2014We had the grilled asparagus apppetizer for $10 and there were only four thin stalks although there was an egg and more meat than needed. The chicken entree was overcooked and flavorless. The bread pudding dessert was the worst bread pudding I ever ate - the bread was two hard, soaked pieces that did not taste like bread. All of this substandard food at upscale prices. The waitress was rather strange too. I think the cook/chef needs inspiration - very disappointed in the meal.
- RemarkablenicksDined on 4/11/2014We were travelling across the US and stayed in Durango, a nice town. Being retired, and having eaten in thousands of restaurants, it's difficult to be wowed. I was completely swept off my feet by the owner, the food, and the service. From the great ham and bean soup, wonderful artisan bread, seared halibut and rabbit sausage[perfect amount of fennel], my wife and I just smiled through the entire meal. This is a must stop. We spend winters in San Diego and summers in Wisconsin. We take different routes but I believe the road through Durango will be our preferred route in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.