Seasons of Durango
764 Main Avenue
Durango, CO 81301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seasons of Durango
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://seasonsofdurango.com/
- Phone: (970) 382-9790
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner:Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - Close
Brunch: Sunday 11:00- 2:00
Bar Opens Daily at 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Stewart
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Wine Cellar with room for up to 26. Private Tasting room with room for up to 10.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Barger or Erin Gregoru 9703829790
- Entertainment: Two private dining areas, temperature controlled, music controlled, flat screen TV in each room for presentations.
- Special Events: Monthly Wine Classes, Eno-Tech! Reservations required. Second Tuesday of each month.
Spirit Series Classes held monthly
A word from Seasons of Durango
Seasons of Durango , established in 1994, is firmly rooted to American-style cooking perfectly paired with exemplary service. Our casually elegant dining room buzzes with the excitement of an open exhibition kitchen, award winning wine list and the best views of Main Street . Seasons is a truly memorable dining experience. Wine Spectator Award Winner again for 2012!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Seasons of Durango - Best Restaurants in Durango ›
Seasons of Durango reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)special occasion (40)notable wine list (28)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (19)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (9)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great!maroneyDined on 11/22/2014Local food, great service, delicious recipes: what more could you ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentchiefmadmanVIPDined on 11/21/2014NM ribeye was grilled to perfection and the best steak I've had in Colorado. Home made vanilla ice cream was the best I've had. Bread pudding was excellent, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificChrisDined on 11/19/2014Dinner was excellent and the service was perfect. We plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Wonderful dining experience. From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated superbly. Though we arrived early for our reservations, we were warmly greeted and seated very promptly. Service was great and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit, will returnDaveDined on 11/7/2014We had to choose one restaurant during our brief visit to Durango, and we got it right. The best attribute of Seasons is the ambiance - warm, friendly, casual but not too "country". Only saw a few meatheads who wore their ball caps at the table. Clueless. Waitstaff was pleasant. Bridgett the bartender is the dynamo who sets the tone for the entire restaurant - constant movement but still engages the patrons with sincerity.Special Features:
- Pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Food was good seevice was greatt, honestly nice to go somewhere else and change things up a bit. Wine list was unorganized and overwhelming but all in all a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MakrrsDined on 10/27/2014Food was slow to come out; waiter got distracted when we requested things like lemon, wine refill.Special Features:
- Great place!MangiaDined on 10/25/2014Wonderful restaurant, great food, somewhat tight quarters but comfortable. Had the harvest risotto and loved it. My husband had the pork tenderloin which was also very good. Look forward to coming back next time we're in Durango.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Appetizers and desserts were great. Small dinner portion was very small and was not impressed with the gnocchi dish. The gnocchi were really small and had more sauce than pasta so was very meaty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!durangofoodieDined on 10/23/2014We always enjoy dining out at Seasons. The food is amazing to say the least. To start we had the poblano kombucha squash soup that was just a delight to eat. For my entrée I had the lamb with lamb-pancetta. By far one of the best dishes I've ever eaten. My friend had the monkfish special that was out of this world as well. The owner is always friendly and even picked out a special wine to go with both the lamb and the monkfish. For dessert we had the tirmasu and the carrot cake. I really didn't have room for dessert but I made room for it. The cream cheese frosting was oh so good. They have the best service, best food and best atmosphere in Durango!Special Features:
- OTdinerOTdinerVIPDined on 10/22/2014Food and service were outstanding. Four of us dined there, all entrees were different and good. On Wednesdays they have wine discounts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteJoyousReneeDined on 10/10/2014Best meal we have had in a while and ever in Durango. The duck mousse appetizer melts in your mouth. The chicken saltimboca tender and tasty. The lamb special tender. The wind selection fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavy on meats.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/3/2014Too few seafood and vegetarian dishes are offered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningAl2014Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent food, wine, and a super atmosphere. Wait staff was incredible. Also loved the artwork on the walls. Lamb entree was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentWineFoodieVIPDined on 10/2/2014Charming staff, high quality ingredients, every dish well executed. Nice wine list and excellent desserts. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in townThanksSeasonsDined on 9/27/2014Jamie's attentive service and the fine fresh cuisine brought us back for a second meal before we left for Moab where we could not find anything nearly as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal AttentionPickaxeDined on 9/26/2014We appreciate the service. During our patio dining, rain threatened and they quickly responded with umbrellas. Very helpful with helping to explain menu choices.Special Features:
- They go the extra stepThanksSeasonsDined on 9/25/2014The meal was superb. The trout the best I have had. The service was exceptional throughout the meal but what stands out was that when we left our credit card behind the waitress used Open Table reservation to contact us with an alert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dirty PatioArizonaDined on 9/23/2014We decided to sit on the patio because it was a beautiful evening. It was a cement floor on wobbly wrought iron tables and a disgustingly dirty area! The inside is lovely with table clothes you would think they would do something nice on the patio. The food was great and our waiter was very attentive, but they certainly could clean up the back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, as always!FoodiePedroDined on 9/21/2014Seasons is a gem in Durango! I don't miss it any time I am here. The food is always excellent, service impeccable, and the atmosphere well done. They always have terrific local foods and amazing specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beroadfoodieDined on 9/20/2014We have dined at Seasons for over 15 years. Sadly, over the years the quality has continued to go down. After eating there this past weekend, my husband and I decided we have to find a different favorite spot in Durango. Our favorite dish is the center cut steak with mashed potatoes and fried onion strings. The whole dish used to be so delicious it was a challenge to not devour the entire serving. However, for the second time in 6 months, the meat was tough, over cooked (for medium) and their previous garlic mashed potatoes have been replaced by a lack-luster, sticky clump of "smashers". Very disappointing and after years of faithful dining every time we visit, we won't be going back.
- Outstanding mealluvDurangoDined on 9/19/2014All of us loved our choices & found the servings to be more than adequate to satisfy us. It was a great find & we'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't be betterLisaFremontVIPDined on 9/15/2014First, we asked for a quieter area of the restaurant and the Seasons provided us with a perfect area, where all my guests could hear easily. We were so grateful. Second, the variety of food choices was superb and everyone enjoyed their meals. Third, our servers were gracious and attentive. We couldn't have asked for a better experience and it was lovely to have our wishes so well respected. Kudo's to the Seasons. We'll be back after our fabulous dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner at SeasonsRVingFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Table and Hostess were ready although we were a bit early. Server was knowledgeable and helpful. The carpaccio was super, entrees great, the best tiramisu in my memory, and palisade peaches over a genius shortcake with whipped cream. First Class experience.Special Features:
- Amazing service, delicious food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My lady friend and I made reservations for our anniversary. Flowers were on the table and a bottle of champagne was on ice waiting for us. The service was above and beyond what I expected. The food was thoroughly delicious. It was an experience that I will not soon forget. Thanks a bunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceVeganDinerDined on 9/12/2014Had a terrific meal with roasted shisito peppers for appetizer, husband had the trout and I had a terrific risotto prepared vegan style that ess delicious. Our waiter was attentive and helpful with our choices. Will definitely go back when in Durango again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I make it a yearly outing to have dinner at Seasons for our wedding anniversary. We love the food, the wine list and always have great service. While the prices (for us) are on the higher end (not high), the food and service never disappoint.Special Features:
- Not for VegansMichaelDined on 9/6/2014One of the party of 4 was a vegan. Having frequented the restaurant many times, the chef previously was able to put together a vegan dish that was well seasoned and tasty. In this last occasion, the chef provided a bland tasting risotto with vegetables and demonstrated a complete lack of creativity or interest. It was terrible!Special Features:
- Wait staff and manager a disgracePenguinDined on 9/5/2014The food was excellent / Every thing else could not have been worse // Staff and management went out of their way to act inappropriately in every way // NEVER GO THERESpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Fabulous dinner, great food, lovely atmosphere, excellent service . . . all and all our FAVORITE restaurant ANYWHERE!!!Special Features:
- Relax on the patio, enjoy the food!DurangoFoodieDined on 8/16/2014The patio was surprisingly empty, which made for a quiet, romantic evening. Food was top notch, as expected. It's nice that Seasons makes a special effort to use local produce & meats, is creative with seasonal foods. Service was attentive (thanks, Jamie!) and very friendly and helpful. No complaints, will return for sure.Special Features:
- Simply OutstandingbreakfastloverVIPDined on 8/14/2014I was traveling alone on a business trip and was staying in Durango and found this place on Opentable. Based on the reviews, I decided to reserve a table. What a smart move -- the duck liver mousse was mild and smooth and delicious; the coho salmon with roasted beets and red potatoes was out of this world. The cappuccino was hot and excellent. And the server (Mark) was excellent, too. I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El ToroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Season's is always a good choice. The menu is creative. Food is always well prepared and delicious. The atmosphere is always welcoming and comfortable. And there is a great wine selection to suit anyone's palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in DurangoRacerGirlVIPDined on 8/9/2014We eat at Seasons every time we can find an excuse to drive through Durango and we're never disappointed. The quality of the food and wine is a cut above any mountain town and rates right there up there with the best food experiences in Colorado (and Utah and Nevada and...). Good service, fresh creative cooking and a distinctive wine list in a comfortable casual setting. What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Fresh, locally grown veggies and salad were particularly greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to itchiefmadmanVIPDined on 8/4/2014Creamed corn and ham side was incredibly good. Scallops were over salted. Cream cheese icing on chocolate cake was a bad idea or just poorly executed. Service was good and wine list was exceptional. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we wantedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014We had a delicious dinner at Seasons. We both ordered off the special menu. My husband had the scallops and I had the grilled Alaskan sockeye. They were both beautifully plated and cooked perfectly. It was evident that the chef takes pride in his/her work. We had the peach shortcake for dessert with those delicious Colorado peaches! Yum! We love coming to Seasons whenever we're in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasons DurangoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Thoroughly enjoyed everything we ordered. Sockey salmon was probably the best I've tasted. Kale salad and ceasar salad were excellent. Our server was knowledgable and attentive. My only complaint - $3.00 for a bread basket and $1.50 for extra dressing for a salad?? What's up with that in a quality restaurant like Seasons?Special Features:
- The following 266 reviews are from the Seasons of Durango reviews archive.
- Good food well prepared.MJ3727Dined on 7/27/2014Seasons was excellent. The menu variety was adequate and both the food quality and the service were outstanding. The food was served in a timely manner. We had four different entrees and they were all tasty. We recommend Seasons for anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Season'sLAFoodieDined on 7/26/2014My second time at Season's... I'm a bit of a food snob and must say that I love this place. Incredible service, the food is amazing and if I if I want a $400.00 bottle of wine of a $20.00 bottle of wine they've got you covered. I'll be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.