Seasons At The Ocean House
One Bluff Avenue
Westerly, RI 02891Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Seasons At The Ocean House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oceanhouseri.com/
- Phone: (401) 584-7000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00am - 10:30am; Sunday Brunch: 8:00am - 2:30pm;
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Wednesday-Sunday Evenings: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Kolesar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Seasons At The Ocean House
At the Ocean House's fine dining restaurant, the perfect accompaniment to every meal is a stunning view of the Atlantic. The menu at Seasons changes daily and exemplifies the "farm-to-table" concept that reflects our commitment to using the freshest local ingredients and inspires the cuisine throughout the resort, with your choice of a Three Course Menu at $78.00 per person or a Four Course menu at $95.00 per person for dinner. The traditional decor, historic stone fireplace, and open exhibition kitchen provide a dining experience unlike any other in the region.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Seasons At The Ocean House - Best Restaurants in Westerly ›
Seasons At The Ocean House reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (69)special occasion (68)romantic (45)great for brunch (34)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (21)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Elegance from another timeKDocDined on 11/16/2014If you enjoy exemplary service and wonderful food, all while sitting and watching the ocean outside the window, then this is your place. The Ocean House has been nominated as one of the ten best resorts in the world, and Seasons restaurant is a factor in this. It is not inexpensive, but it is definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely location - comfortable decorNannerbruDined on 11/16/2014Best to be visited when one can enjoy the outdoor setting. The brunch fixed priced menu required a little questioning on how it actually worked. Servers cleared while others at the table were still eating, seemed to have a mission of getting the table back in play. Food was good, and supported the quiet ambiance. Bottom line, well worth the drive, and reserve well ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the view, stay for the food!vkk32VIPDined on 11/12/2014I recently had lunch here. It's a beautiful spot with a fabulous view and the food is always very good. It's definitely the place to see and be seen. On this occasion I had the Jonah crab salad which was almost more like a soup with the roasted corn with a bit of frisee on the top. It was rich, creamy and the perfect amount for lunch when paired with one of the hotel's famous raisin walnut rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant SettingluvwatchhillDined on 11/7/2014The setting is beautiful-wonderful recreation of the original Ocean House. Service topnotch- food tasty and satisfying. Everyone very cordial.Special Features:
- Dinner from tasting menuecklsDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I had dinner at Seasons on a Saturday night and while the service was excellent the food was anything but. We both felt the chefs tried too hard to make very complicated plates and in turn ruined the essence of the food. My roasted lobster was rubbery and had an orange sauce that masked the flavor of the lobster. My husband had beef tartare with raw oysters that he found inedible. Again, fresh food shouldn't be complicated so much to the point where flavor is lost. Sorry to seem harsh but truly a disappointment.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationDarleneDined on 10/26/2014Outstanding. Outstanding. Outstanding. The food delicious and beautifully prepared not only to the palate but to the eye.. My daughter's birthday cake was breathtakingly beautiful and scrumptious! The wait staff was amazing, attentive, patient and knowledgable. Go to this restaurant! Not to mention the view!Special Features:
- Fine Dining at its best!oceanhouse1Dined on 10/26/2014Imagine, sitting at the judges table on "Iron Chef" each course is so amazing, in display, flavor and ingredients. On top of that, from the moment the valet takes your vehicle, you feel special. The staff is so responsive to you, they make you feel like you are the only one that matters.Special Features:
- Wonderful Brunch!Pepperanne1979Dined on 10/26/2014I took my husband here for a birthday brunch, and it was fantastic. He's not a "brunch person", but he absolutely loved brunch here! The food was amazing and had a wide selection of choices; the service was even better. We were lucky to have a table overlooking the water, but I can't say that there's a bad seat in the restaurant. Even those without a water view were wonderful. I'd have to make this a regular spot to go to for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Celebration!DenJan26Dined on 10/26/2014We had an amazing experience celebrating our 46th Wedding Anniversary at the Sunday Brunch! Beautiful day, awesome food, exceptional service and an overall Happy Anniversary! We will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Ocean Housedjd1Dined on 10/25/2014Perfect spot to celebrate our anniversary. Excellent menu with reasonable portions. Fantastic view. Go before dark to fully enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why Did We Wait So Long?WoodstockDinerDined on 10/19/2014We have known about the Ocean House for quite some time, as a family member is part of the Sunday jazz ensemble providing music in the lobby, but we had never gotten around to making the trip to Watch Hill. But now that we have it is sure to become a regular brunch destination. The food, the service, the view, and of course, the music, were all spectacular! The woman who waited on us was charming, bright, and personable, and made wonderful recommendations. The venison was done to perfection, and the raw bar and crepes were big hits. The included champagne cocktails, and the perfectly sized desserts were the final finishing touches. And free valet parking! It all makes Jazz Brunch at the Ocean House a "do not miss"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dayironduke3Dined on 10/18/2014Took my wife there for her birthday...absolutely perfect. Wonderful service, terrific water/ocean views and excellent food. We were not rushed and could enjoy the ambiance and each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014The dinner experience was PERFECTLY amazing. Great place to celebrate a special event.Special Features:
- DMS2263Dined on 10/5/2014We really enjoyed our brunch. the food was great and the view wonderful. It was just a "perfect" fall day. Wished we could have heard the jazz band in the dining room. They were so good, but felt only ones enjoying them were guests in the living room. We certainly would recommend your brunch to others. looking forward to next summer when we can sit outside for a lunch and a glass of wine!Special Features:
- Awesome romantic nightsage1114Dined on 10/4/2014Took my lady friend for an intimate dinner for her birthday. The evening was amazing. The service was impeccable. The food was amazing, especially the vanilla souffle that we had for desert. Had a fantastic wine that was served a funky Riedel decanter. Just an over the top night that we'll remember for a long time.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceFoodlover36Dined on 10/4/2014We dined at Seasons for dinner, brunch and breakfast. The food was exceptional- farm to table freshness and very creative. The atmosphere is elegant yet cozy and welcoming. Most of the tables have a great view of the ocean. Service was attentive and well informed regarding food preparation. Don't miss the chance to experience this place.Special Features:
- Very fancytibegDined on 10/3/2014The food was awesome and the service complete with lots of extras. We prefer a place with great food and a bit more casual environment. But for those looking for a special occasion it is a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingyummmmDined on 9/25/2014I was disappointed by the ocean house restaurant seasons. My soup was very salty and not flavorful. The main course was okay. Most importantly the service was not what I would expect from the ocean house.Special Features:
- Great BrunchDinerDined on 9/21/2014The hotel the restaurant is located in is stunning. The brunch is very nice with an ocean view. The atmosphere and jazz music was fantastic. The service was excellent and the food for the most part was very tasty. The only complaint I have is that the deserts were beautiful to look at but did not live up to their appearance. The same could be said for the chocolate croissants. These are very minor complaints as overall we were very satisfied and impressed by the meal.Special Features:
- ValeyDined on 9/14/2014Absolutely fabulous historical restaurant directly on ocean front. No other place in Rhode Island can surpass this elegant dining experienceSpecial Features:
- BRUNCHpeggyDined on 9/14/2014The food selections for the Brunch were unbelievableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service.JohnWDined on 9/13/2014Everything was perfect. Right from the Maitre' d, to server and all in between. I have food allergies and expressed them to our server who perfectly translated them to the chef who amazingly prepared my dish to perfection. My wife's dish was also prepared and served to perfection. We had a window table as we celebrated my wife's birthday, which was also done First Class with a Happy Birthday card inbedded in a Conch shelll. Kudos to all!!! Can't say enough, so I'll stop here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean front first class diningRIMimireviewDined on 9/11/2014Excellent, first class dining with a spectacular ocean front view. The Ocean House is a rebuilt replica of it's former self. Like a trip back in time with all the modern amenities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dap22Dined on 9/7/2014We drove there for their Sunday Jazz brunch. The Ocean House is an elegant seaside inn resort and the brunch came with unlimited drinks including champagne. The full brunch comes with a plated main course entree along with the buffet. The warm crab bisque salad was delicious. In comparison with Langham/Cafe Fleuri brunch, the Seasons have fewer selections for buffet but Cafe Fleuri does not have a view of the ocean. Parking space is extremely limited, if one can even find a spot, and valet service is provided free. Overall, a very pleasant Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- World Class CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014Fantastic cuisine that holds up against the best anywhere, NYC, Paris, Rome, you name it. Moreover, the price is very reasonable considering the quality of the meal.Special Features:
- Ocean House Wonderbar!HodgehintsDined on 8/31/2014Excellent food,ambiance,and location. Top ten food experience due to location!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A major disappointmentlocaldinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Some hits + many misses on menu. Citrus cured lobster was tough and flavorless (returned to kitchen after 1 bite but still required to pay the extra $30 premium fee). Bitter greens in the salad with an almost non existent dressing makes this a poor choice and surprisingly the local oysters were tired tasting and clearly were not fresh. Crispy skin bass and the scallops were good but why have fixed price if you have to pay premium extras for simple entrees? We rarely saw our waitress as she paid much more attention to the large table next to us. So we did not get our empty wine glasses filled when needed. Since she never came to ask how we were doing, we did not have an opportunity to say. Many better high end dinner options in the area.Special Features:
- Among top restaurants in New EngganddVIPDined on 8/27/2014This is our special occasion splurge every year when we stay on the beach in RI. We are from the Boston area and this restaurant is better than any we have been to in Boston. The sommeliers are fantastic and always suggest delicious and unusual wine pairings. Top at our last meal were the scallops and the lamb. My husband and I each got the 4 course tasting menu and ordered different things so we got to taste 8. All were excellent. Some, like the scallops, were outstanding. Highly recommend for a special occasion. Wish we could come down more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMelissaDined on 8/23/2014Fabulous. Great for special occasion. Fantastic food and sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special celebration!LisoochsDined on 8/21/2014We were celebrating my father's 80th birthday and wanted to take him somewhere he would most likely never go himself for dinner. The Ocean House has a breathtaking view of Block Island Sound and Block Island and is set up on a hill in Watch Hill, RI. The views were incredible, the food was delicious and the service was impeccable. A perfect spot to mark a memorable birthday.Special Features:
- Lucky they let you eat there!MonzamanDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the views are stunning. Otherwise, there's not much to recommend at the Ocean House. Service was poor, right from the start. Parking was difficult and when I called, the person on the phone said "just park on the street". The only problem is that all the streets around the restaurant have signs saying "No Parking - Tow Zone". Valet parking is no charge if you eat at the restaurant, so that's what I did. There was no one at the host station and we had to wait about 5 minutes for someone to show up. She offered no apologies for the wait. The server was very good. But, otherwise, there seems to be an attitude that you are lucky they deign to serve you. The food choices were very limited but very good.Special Features:
- Anniversary BrunchAintlifegrandDined on 8/17/2014Had flowers delivered to table from OH website they were spectacular.We were seated on time to the best table In the room,what a magnificent view. Service by the entire wait staff was attentive and friendly.Brunch choices were plentiful and delicious .my only problem was not being allowed to tip the college student who valeted the car. If you are near Watch Hill this is the go to restaurant .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014attentive service wonderful views and the wait staff very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A couple things to noteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014It is breathtaking, and yes very expensive! Note sure it was worth quite that much. Not sure I would have ordered another bottle of wine but the waitress when asked poured more wine and poured what was left for two of the three of us and not just because there was only very little left because she clearly over poured those glasses. The other, and I there is no excuse for this, our waiter who is a larger man(which I think made it more obvious) whose attire was dirty. Not just his pants but his jacket as well. Dressed all in black it was obvious. He should have never been allowed to serve guests. I might have thought differently if we were sat at the end of the evening, however we were the first seating.Special Features:
- Worth the $$$$hcp81Dined on 8/4/2014Great restaurant, exceptional food-small proportions, and lovely service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 503 reviews are from the Seasons At The Ocean House reviews archive.
- KJuly2014Dined on 7/25/2014The food at The Ocean House was okay if you like the farm to the table food concept. They tried too hard to be like a New York City restaurant. You have to order everything from soup to dessert so you will not be hungry. The service at the restaurant was very slow for a Friday evening at 8pm. The Ocean House is a very romantic restaurant with beautiful views from the windows.Special Features:
- DisappointedlovetodineDined on 7/24/2014The Seasons restaurant was very relaxing and the view of the ocean beach was beautiful. My lobster roll was disappointing-not as fresh and succulent as expected, given the restaurant's reputation and pricing. The menu indicated that the lobster would be on a brioche, but the roll looked like a typical hot dog roll.
- Very goodmgordonDined on 7/22/2014Food very good to excellent. Nice ocean view. Service above average.Special Features:
- First time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014Just moved to RI and this restaurant was highly recommended. The food was so fresh and the preparations were interesting. The staff work to make accommodations in general which is great for vegetarians. You never feel rushed. We tried the tasting menu which was great, the timing for the courses was not optimal. Next time will get the 4 course. The shore atmosphere is lovely and the views are stunning. Worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forget BrunchAlwayseatingDined on 7/20/2014We had read reviews that brunch was not the greatest but decided to judge for ourselves. They were right: it was overpriced and over rated. The selection of dishes was very limited because of the offer of free drinks. Personally, we like brunch to be food, not carbonated alcohol. The food itself was nothing to brag about. There is another area brunch that has an enormous selection to choose from and of better quality and about 2/3 the price. We will be going back there to focus on the food, not the alcohol. We did, however, decide to give dinner a try here. Maybe when it is more of a one on one for service, the food preparation and service will be better. And to clarify, we would not recommend this place for brunch.Special Features: