Seasons At The Ocean House
One Bluff Avenue
Westerly, RI 02891Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Seasons At The Ocean House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oceanhouseri.com/
- Phone: 4015847000x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00am - 10:30am; Sunday Brunch: 8:00am - 2:30pm;
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Wednesday-Sunday Evenings: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Kolesar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Seasons At The Ocean House
At the Ocean House's fine dining restaurant, the perfect accompaniment to every meal is a stunning view of the Atlantic. The menu at Seasons changes daily and exemplifies the "farm-to-table" concept that reflects our commitment to using the freshest local ingredients and inspires the cuisine throughout the resort, with your choice of a Three Course Menu at $78.00 per person or a Four Course menu at $95.00 per person for dinner. The traditional decor, historic stone fireplace, and open exhibition kitchen provide a dining experience unlike any other in the region.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Seasons At The Ocean House - Best Restaurants in Westerly ›
Seasons At The Ocean House reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (78)special occasion (77)romantic (60)fit for foodies (48)great for brunch (39)great for outdoor dining (31)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (17)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Fabulous. Great for special occasion. Fantastic food and sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special celebration!LisoochsDined on 8/21/2014We were celebrating my father's 80th birthday and wanted to take him somewhere he would most likely never go himself for dinner. The Ocean House has a breathtaking view of Block Island Sound and Block Island and is set up on a hill in Watch Hill, RI. The views were incredible, the food was delicious and the service was impeccable. A perfect spot to mark a memorable birthday.Special Features:
- Lucky they let you eat there!MonzamanDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the views are stunning. Otherwise, there's not much to recommend at the Ocean House. Service was poor, right from the start. Parking was difficult and when I called, the person on the phone said "just park on the street". The only problem is that all the streets around the restaurant have signs saying "No Parking - Tow Zone". Valet parking is no charge if you eat at the restaurant, so that's what I did. There was no one at the host station and we had to wait about 5 minutes for someone to show up. She offered no apologies for the wait. The server was very good. But, otherwise, there seems to be an attitude that you are lucky they deign to serve you. The food choices were very limited but very good.Special Features:
- Anniversary BrunchAintlifegrandDined on 8/17/2014Had flowers delivered to table from OH website they were spectacular.We were seated on time to the best table In the room,what a magnificent view. Service by the entire wait staff was attentive and friendly.Brunch choices were plentiful and delicious .my only problem was not being allowed to tip the college student who valeted the car. If you are near Watch Hill this is the go to restaurant .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014attentive service wonderful views and the wait staff very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A couple things to noteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014It is breathtaking, and yes very expensive! Note sure it was worth quite that much. Not sure I would have ordered another bottle of wine but the waitress when asked poured more wine and poured what was left for two of the three of us and not just because there was only very little left because she clearly over poured those glasses. The other, and I there is no excuse for this, our waiter who is a larger man(which I think made it more obvious) whose attire was dirty. Not just his pants but his jacket as well. Dressed all in black it was obvious. He should have never been allowed to serve guests. I might have thought differently if we were sat at the end of the evening, however we were the first seating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The food at The Ocean House was okay if you like the farm to the table food concept. They tried too hard to be like a New York City restaurant. You have to order everything from soup to dessert so you will not be hungry. The service at the restaurant was very slow for a Friday evening at 8pm. The Ocean House is a very romantic restaurant with beautiful views from the windows.Special Features:
- DisappointedlovetodineDined on 7/24/2014The Seasons restaurant was very relaxing and the view of the ocean beach was beautiful. My lobster roll was disappointing-not as fresh and succulent as expected, given the restaurant's reputation and pricing. The menu indicated that the lobster would be on a brioche, but the roll looked like a typical hot dog roll.
- Very goodmgordonDined on 7/22/2014Food very good to excellent. Nice ocean view. Service above average.Special Features:
- First time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014Just moved to RI and this restaurant was highly recommended. The food was so fresh and the preparations were interesting. The staff work to make accommodations in general which is great for vegetarians. You never feel rushed. We tried the tasting menu which was great, the timing for the courses was not optimal. Next time will get the 4 course. The shore atmosphere is lovely and the views are stunning. Worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forget BrunchAlwayseatingDined on 7/20/2014We had read reviews that brunch was not the greatest but decided to judge for ourselves. They were right: it was overpriced and over rated. The selection of dishes was very limited because of the offer of free drinks. Personally, we like brunch to be food, not carbonated alcohol. The food itself was nothing to brag about. There is another area brunch that has an enormous selection to choose from and of better quality and about 2/3 the price. We will be going back there to focus on the food, not the alcohol. We did, however, decide to give dinner a try here. Maybe when it is more of a one on one for service, the food preparation and service will be better. And to clarify, we would not recommend this place for brunch.Special Features:
- Loved everything about itlovefinefoodDined on 7/20/2014Free valet service right at the door, immediate service. Had reservations and were acknowledged and seated immediately upon arrival. Staff was friendly, efficient and available at all times. Food was plentiful, well presented, fresh and delicious. Selection was amazing...large, several choices. Views were stunning. We had a cloudy, overcast day, yet sitting outside was fantastic. We weren't rushed and upon completion of brunch, we walked the garden/grounds which were meticulously kept and exceptionally pretty. Loved the entire experience and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- A real gemWendyDined on 7/18/2014The Ocean House has become an annual treat during our visit to Rhode Island. It is a special place. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- GrispoDined on 7/17/2014The food was expensive but fantastic. The wait staff was outstanding and attentive. I availed myself of the tasting menu. It was, perhaps, too much food but every item was unique and wonderfulSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014No comment at this time NO Comment.................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous fine diningLmessina983Dined on 7/15/2014My husband and I were celebrating his birthday and our recent marriage. Our server Alex was very knowledgable about the menu and wine and made us feel very welcome. We had a great table over looking the beach. It was impeccable service from beginning to end and the food is so carefully presented on your plate. On our way out we were handed little bags with French Macaroons which is my favorite treat. I think Chef Adam Young should host a French Macaroon baking class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening That Wouldn't EndwerldtrvlrVIPDined on 7/9/2014For the second time in a month, I have arrived for my reservation and been told they needed to get my table ready. The first time was 15 minutes and this time 30. The very puzzling thing is that the dining room had MANY empty tables when we entered the dining room. No explanation was given either night for the delay. My second issue is with the fixed price menu. There are two prices stated, one for three items from the menu, and one for four. The hidden cost of certain items is written within the food description, making it unexpected and I believe unfair. If certain items will cost more, they should be separated from the others and clearly identified as such. Our 3 1/2 hour meal was exhausting and one none of us would ever repeat.Special Features:
- JimboOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014One of the best meals we have ever had. Outstanding service. The view is awesome. Although a little pricey the meal was worth every penny. Would definitely go back and will recommend to our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful except for the serviceDisappointmentVIPDined on 7/6/2014At $52 per person, one expects great food and ambiance for a Sunday brunch. Our expectations as to the food and amboiance were met -- it is well worth it. We were reminded that quantity can equal quality for food service if done correwctly, and it is so here. The raw bar, the crepe bar, the cold meats and cheese bar and dessert bar were excellent, as were the two entrees. Our disappointment was with the service. We chose to sit outside, but this proved to create service issues. Our waiter's efforts were divided between inside and outisde which caused delays, and we were forced to navigate a maze in the service area to go to the buffet from outside. With a service charge of 20%, this was disappointing. Otherwise - great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2014Seasons Restaurant is an elegant setting with Magnificat views of the Atlantic Ocean the food was very good and the presentation was beautiful. The price of this brunch would make this a special occasion restaurant for me. I'm sure visitors from New York would find it reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Great location and food solidUSDickinsonVIPDined on 7/5/2014Parents 50th anniversary;We had cocktails on the veranda and ate inside at the more formal Seasons. The menu is 3 or 4 courses and changes frequently- which for adults and foodies it is excellent, but we had a couple with us who were "less adventurous" so we asked if we could have Steak and some of the seasons offered potato/veggie options for one of the diners from the restaurant inside. You would have thought we asked for some special meal - there was a lot of "puffing" about this being a "select menu", etc. which frankly made me more convinced to push it- its the same kitchen! and ultimately it was agreed. The food also got a little pretentious in terms of cubes, swirls and a bit of a struggle to pull all the flavors together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular setting and atmospheretruthfulfriendDined on 6/30/2014The setting was spectacular, the atmosphere was romantic, the wine was wonderful, and the staff could not have been more welcoming and attentive, but the food was disappointing. Instead of delicious food cooked well, we got "presentations" that were sometimes just silly. They were over-processed little cubes of who knows what surrounded by swirls of colorful reductions that looked impressive on the plate, but were so miniscule that you really couldn't taste the flavor. The halibut was perfectly seared, but tasteless. I don't like restaurants that pile on so much food that you have to either stuff yourself or take a bag home, but this was the opposite in the extreme.Special Features:
- Well-earned reputation!stevejDined on 6/29/2014My wife and I decided to celebrate our 20th at the Ocean House and weren't disappointed. The service was attentive but not overbearing and the view and ambiance were outstanding. It would be hard to find a more romantic spot. Local foods were creatively and artistically prepared from appetizer to dessert. The prices are upscale ($12 foe martini) but I can't think of a more beautiful place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Fabulous Place, Over PricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014The Ocean House sits high on a bluff overlooking Block Island Sound with magificent views out to BI. It is as nice a setting as one can imagine. Given this, I asked for a table by the window so we could enjoy the view. We got our table, but no view - the windows were all fogged up. The room by the windows was very cold and wait staff explained they were having trouble with the HVAC system. The food is excellent, but very over priced. Dinner for 4 with 4 drinks and one bottle of modest wine was $600. I suggest you have a drink and an appetizer on the deck at sunset and then pick up a lobster roll at St. Clare's Annex after.
- LovelyABCctDined on 6/25/2014Excellent quality food, drinks and service in a 5 star setting. Prices are also $$$$. A splurge for lunch, brunch or very special occasion dinner. Food is local, seasonal and beautifully prepared. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food - Less great servicelizateeDined on 6/24/2014Disappointing service after an excellent dining experience at the same restaurant the night before. Hurried from the start, and then it appeared our desserts/our presence was forgotten while the kitchen was cleaning up and closing down for the night. That said, food was still delicious - a varied menu (esp. if you stick with three courses), and good wine list with affordable options.Special Features:
- Delicious start to our honeymoonlizateeDined on 6/23/2014Great service and delicious food with an interesting menu. We learned - already at the table - that we could have reserved in advance for a tasting menu with the chef. Wish that option had been more clear, we definitely would have partaken...Special Features:
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Brunch was fabulous! Took my boyfriend for late Father's Day celebrating and food was amazing, great drinks, and service was very attentive and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Season'sMehgolfVIPDined on 6/20/2014Everything was wonderful as far as food and service however they tried to over charge us for corkage fee which was poor form.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great views and excellent brunchmattdVIPDined on 6/15/2014Went to the Sunday Jazz brunch. I think the only disappointing thing was that the jazz band was in the lobby and no one could actually see them from anywhere in the restaurant or outdoors, their music was piped through the sound system so I hardly knew when they started playing. it wasn't until I went to the restroom when I saw the band and they sounded wonderful, makes me wonder why they put them out there! But everything about the facility was near perfection, including the food - more than anyone can eat in a sitting, and none of it is prepared en masse, it is all finely crafted food - the impeccable service (everyone was smiling,happy, who can blame them with their ocean view at work?), and the feeling of not being rushed was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A time to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014We had a wonderful lunch, celebrating our parent's 55th Wedding Anniversary!Special Features:
- captainnice40Dined on 6/2/2014Our lunch was very good although not exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experience!H82CookDined on 5/18/2014We celebrated our daughter's college graduation and the ocean House did not disappoint! The food was excellent, the view and setting beautiful and the service was truly 5 star! Everything was timed perfectly. Our server Alex was very knowledgeable and Christian was very attentive. We would recommend the Ocean House for a special occasion and will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz BrunchwinonamaeDined on 5/18/2014The Sunday Jazz Brunch is more brunch than Jazz, but if you are heading to Ocean House for the food or the view, you can't go wrong! Beatiful location, friendly and accomodating staff - a wide selection of delicious food. The plated selections were diverse and a nice add to your typical brunch menu. Don't miss this place!Special Features:
- Perfect in every way!SpenceDined on 5/11/2014The Ocean House is a true gem and we Rhode Islanders are lucky to have it. The setting is dreamlike, the food is outstanding, the staff is attentive and friendly, and the opportunity to enjoy the grounds (in addition to the food!) is a bonus. I highly recommend :o)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchLoveri1111Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent experience for a special occasion, except the price was higher than promoted. Very expensive.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014I had heard great things about the dining experience at Seasons at the Ocean House and I must say, I was not disappointed. My girlfriend and I have dined at some of the finest and critically acclaimed restaurants on the east coast, and the Ocean House is one of the best restaurants I have had the pleasure to experience. While the food was certainly delicious, the gem of this restaurant is the service. Everyone there took pride in what they do. A welcome change from even high end restaurants where the food is good, but the dining service is on cruise control. If you are looking for a terrific dining experience, I would recommend the Ocean House wholeheartedly. I will be back.Special Features:
- Stellar dining experience!donnarunDined on 5/9/2014Although I wish it was a prettier day, my neighbor Judy and I enjoyed a wonderful pre-Mothers' Day lunch at Seasons. The food was delicious and well-presented, and the service was warm, attentive and exceeded our expectations. Definitely a must for any special occasion!Special Features:
- Unwanted Birthday SurpriseFaywayDined on 5/7/2014I booked a table over the internet as a birthday dinner for my husband. We have been here before and enjoy everything about the place. Surprisingly, Seasons was putting on a set meal with wines. It wasn't possible to order from the menu, and on a special occasion, I hardly wanted to walk out on our reservation and try to find another place in the neighborhood. Since we had no firm idea what was going on, the pre-dinner drinks and snacks were lost on us, although we did tell the servers we were here only for dinner. Too bad, as we ended up ordering our own drinks and paying for what we missed. Dinner was superb though, although our pleasure was again somewhat dampened by the fact we had no idea how much it would cost. Sad.Special Features:
- Elegantmbg41Dined on 5/4/2014Return trip to the Sunday Jazz Brunch. Food was great and not your usual Brunch fare. Nice selection of cheeses, meats, seafood and breads. Great desserts as well. Highly recommend this location for a special occasion.Special Features: