Seasons 52 - San Diego
4505 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Seasons 52 - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: 8584501252
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lucy Cyr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - San Diego
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season! For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Seasons 52 - San Diego - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
Seasons 52 - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
419 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (222)great for lunch (208)special occasion (167)good for groups (141)great for outdoor dining (140)neighborhood gem (131)vibrant bar scene (107)notable wine list (107)romantic (94)hot spot (87)great for brunch (31)late-night find (22)kid-friendly (19)scenic view (1)Show More
- CathieVIPDined on 10/27/2014I love the small sized desserts! They allow you to indulge in a little fat & calories without the guilt! Thank you!Special Features:
- Seasons 52 La Jolla UTCDominique55VIPDined on 10/27/2014We opted to eat lunch outside, but until we were seated, we were unaware that they were painting & working on the construction in the outside patio area. It would have been nice to have been informed before we were seated so that we would have had a legitimate choice about eating indoors or outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysJonasVIPDined on 10/26/2014Great food. The portion is a bit small but on the up side u won't feel super full.Special Features:
- Date NightLouleeDined on 10/25/2014I just went here with my boyfriend because we had a coupon and wanted to try something outside of our neighborhood. We went on a Saturday night so the place was packed and it was very loud inside. We sat outside which was much more quiet and comfortable with the heat lamps. The service was excellent. My only complaint was the food. It just wasn't that great.... it wasn't bad per se, just not anything to write home about. The food didn't seem like it was freshly made, almost like it had been sitting in a fridge or something. My salad with salmon was pretty good but the appetizers and desserts were not. I like the idea of how they bring out a bunch of different little dessert cups, but they did not seem fresh.Special Features:
- Excellent!FabulousVIPDined on 10/25/2014Thank you for always providing us with excellent service with Michael and the food as always is excellent.Special Features:
- LaJollaBobDined on 10/25/2014Appetizers like goat cheese ravioli and seafood entrees like sea scallops and trout were excellent. Service was exemplary, especially for a busy Saturday night. Excellent choices in glass of wine. The Greg Norman chardonnay was smooth and very good.Special Features:
- Flights and FlatbreadsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/25/2014We get back to Seasons 52 as often as we can for the Flights and Flatbreads - three samplers of wine, the flatbread of your choice, and then a full pour of you favorite wine. At $15, it is an incredible value, and just the right amount of food for folks who don't want to overeat.Special Features:
- fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014always busy. food is good, not awesome but consistently good. the service this time was really well. the guys are kind of pushy, our server was great. still upselling but in a more low key kind of way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment...SeafoodFanDined on 10/24/2014Seasons52 was always our go-to spot for good food that's good for you (no dish surpasses 475 calories per serving). However...on our last (and what would be our final) visit on 10.24.14, the experience was infinitely disappointing. While the service was prompt and courteous and the cocktails were great, the dining experience was lacking. The lobster flat bread was saughy, cold, and the tiny lobster bits were few. The tuna tartare was 90% avocado and mango salsa, 10% huge chunks of unseasoned tuna. And while I do recommend the quail as a main course, the caramelized scallops were flavorless, dry (as in they sat under a heat lamp) and the risotto tasted like stale rice pudding. Needless to say, it was sent back. Courtesy of a new chef??? :(
- lovingfoodVIPDined on 10/24/2014We have eaten here before - the food is always consistently excellent and this meal was no exception. The waiter Jason was outstanding and made the experience that much more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Excellent, great business lunchEvodineDined on 10/21/2014Went here for a business lunch and was very pleased. Service was very good, atmosphere was nice but not overdone. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the fresh selection of menu choices. Only minor complaint would be that I got to the restaurant about 5 minutes before my reservation and requested patio seating. The host said that would be fine. We waited a for the rest of the party to arrive and were then show to an inside table. It was a nice table, but it is a little dark inside. Not bad, but would have liked a little more light. Overall great experience and will go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSandiMomDined on 10/18/2014Great place for the health conscious, foodies, and large parties!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GourmetgrandmaDined on 10/18/2014Great food - pleasing to the eye and the palate. Friendly and attentive service. Wonderful ambience. Healthy food choices prepared exceptionally. Wonderful ambience. Went two nights in a row. la Jolla location, really outstanding.Special Features:
- I keep coming back!MattDined on 10/18/2014This place is absolutely amazing. The menu changes weekly and seasonally, hence the name Seasons (Changes 4 times a year), and 52 (Weeks in the year). Always something new, and I love it. My staples are generally their scallops, shrimp, and whichever flat bread they're presenting for the week. I've been to the one at UTC and also to the one at South Coast Mall in Costa Mesa. This place never disappoints and I'll keep returning and recommending to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentGailDined on 10/18/2014Consistently good, each time I've gone. Excellent food, service, and I like that flavor is emphasized rather than fat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!cmtsdDined on 10/17/2014We have dined here several times before, and always look forward to it. The nice thing about Seasons52 is the consistency; I like knowing if i find a menu item in the South Coast Plaza location that I can order it at the San diego location, confident that it will be presented and taste the same. Try the salmon entree salad with greens, mango, pineapple & lemongrass dressing! I order this almost every time. Of course half of the experience is the service, and it is exceptional here.Special Features:
- Excellent service and great foodCyclingNurseDined on 10/16/2014We arrived on time for our reservation. Unfortunately the party ahead of us were running late. We did not get seated until 15 minutes after our stated reservation. Since we were celebrating a special day, we decided not to ruin it by complaining. To our surprise, management acknowledged that they were running behind and gave us two appetizers free of charge! I have never had a restaurant acknowledge their running behind much less to be given something gratis. The manager personally delivered the appetizers stressing they were on the house and apologized profusely for running late. What could have been an okay start was changed by her action. All of us got different entrees and each one was DELICIOUS! Will go back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!Katrina9Dined on 10/16/2014Our group had a terrific experience! The food was delicious, the service wonderful, and everyone enjoyed themselves immensely! Will come back again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreddieDined on 10/15/2014Main restaurant area seemed dark. We were in side dining area which fortunately was a little brighter. Good choice and delicious food. Did not like desert presentation. Gimmicky and Deserts seemed over priced for the size of portions. Overall mains were good.Special Features:
- BeccaJean71Dined on 10/15/2014Quality food. Everything seems very fresh and surprisingly low in calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningTahoeSkierDined on 10/13/2014Fantastic place for dining whether special occassion or just an evening out. Service is great! Food is top notch. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianeDined on 10/13/2014Love the changing menus, healthy options, comfortable seating and lightingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A server may be slow to comeDixieDined on 10/13/2014The restaurant may be busy for lunch. We could not get timely service. other than that, it was perfect!Special Features:
- Consistent food and service1862Dined on 10/13/2014The restaurant is a great spot for a business lunch--and the food and wine are always consistently great.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedFabulousVIPDined on 10/12/2014As always the food, service and the restaurant staff were very good.......that is why we eat here almost every week......Special Features:
- decentDoctorBDined on 10/12/2014an upscale chain, decent food, service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- health conscious but lacking tastetastaholic818Dined on 10/12/2014My wife, son and I were visiting San Diego. We stayed at embassy suits and walked across the mall first night. The decor and the distance was appealing to us. We decided to dine there. I must say it seems as though they got the ABC'S of running the restaurant correctly but forgot the D. ( delicious ). With their specific method of cooking, which I am not accustomed to, I felt the flavor for my pallet was missing . Order 1 salad to split. 1 appetizer . 1 side . 1 main dish skirt stake . 2 glasses of wine . I forked a bill and left.Special Features:
- Great birthdayFoodieforeverDined on 10/11/2014Our server Michelle was really awesome and did her best to make my birthday special. Food was great as usual, but it was really busy. That made it very noisy and everything came out slower than prior visits.Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerCuisineDined on 10/11/2014Fabulous food with excellent service. The staff even gave me a birthday card!Special Features:
- food was goodjeubsDined on 10/11/2014Can't really complain about the quality of the food, although way too much pineapple in the salmon salad. Something to be said though for spending $100 for 2 people and come home and eat potato chips! Extensive wine list and waitress seemed quite knowledgeable about the wine but when asking about recommendations for food talked about how the item sits on your stomach and omega and such. Just odd.Special Features:
- Kind of a mixmedicineman3Dined on 10/11/2014The inside dining exudes a romantic vibe. It has very dim lighting and quite a cozy feel. The lighting is so dim I saw a couple using their cellphones to light up their menus! :) The outdoor dining is lively and lit up via stunning fire pits. Can't comment on the bar, but it was getting busy as we left. Food was good, but portions are on the small side. I had the maple glazed roasted chicken. The glaze had a slight kick to it that was a welcome surprise. Service was great! I would recommend this as a special night out, or going out as a group!Special Features:
- Seafood BirthdaySkinnyFoodieDined on 10/11/2014I made reservations at Seasons 52 to celebrate a friend's birthday. When we got there , it didn't take long for us to be seated nor place our drink choices in. However, it did take some time for our waitress to come over greet herself and place our order in. For appetizers, we order the salmon sushi. It was okay, i wasn't a big fan of it: the texture wasn't working for me, but my date liked it. For our entree, i ordered the grill salmon and he ordered the scallops. Both were DELICIOUS! We ended up splitting our meals in half to give to the other. I would definitely recommend the restaurant to anyone. You can com as you please: dressed up or dressed down. At the end, they gave us two free desserts in honor of his birthday and took a picSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerPreggieLuvDined on 10/8/2014Not a place I would normally pick for an anniversary dinner but I'm pregnant and really wanted the filet mignon specifically from Season 52 (superb). I requested a booth and noted that it was our anniversary in the comments on OpenTable. The hostess showed us to our table which was a booth as requested and once seated she gave us a card for our anniversary. It was a nice personal touch and very unexpected. The waiter then also wished us congratulations and gave us great service. Free desserts to help us celebrate and at the very end they brought out a glass of champagne for hubby and sparkling raspberry lemonade for me to toast with. They took a picture and put it in a little paper frame to commemorate the evening! Food was great!Special Features:
- Notable conceptOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/8/2014Service was really nice. Food concept for seasonal menu change is appropriate and trending. Food was tasty and all dishes are 475 calories or less - with that kind of limitation the food hits the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- changing with the timesyonenaDined on 10/8/2014Seasons 52 continues to be one of my favorite dining spots. I love the seasonal menus and always enjoy the standard fare. Blending a seasonal flabread witha salad for lunch makes it all wothwhile. It's great to sit outside, weather permitting, because there is a reduced noise level. It seems that others have also found this to be a special place as well, so reservations, which are honored, really help, especially for lunch! This restaurant has never disappointed me and you must have dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ljfljollaDined on 10/6/2014great service from entire staff. Food is always good too. Always too loud in the room close to the bar so we always ask for the other roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pup1VIPDined on 10/6/2014The crab salad was not available. THe pear and spinich salad I chose in place of the crab was OK, but the salad dressing was not to my liking. All else was fine.Special Features:
- Service was excellentELaGDined on 10/4/2014I had noted in our reservation that our actual anniversary was the day we were dining (Oct. 4th). I wasn't expecting to be treated like royalty as soon as we arrived. Our server brought two glasses of champagne, on the house. The service throughout dinner was great. And then we were given a dessert option, on the house, at the end of our meal. I was really impressed with the level of service. The food was also excellent - we enjoyed everything we ordered.Special Features:
- Terrible food. Sparse service.businesspersonDined on 10/3/2014Important lunch meeting. Food was spectacularly awful. REALLY awful. We expected much better from you. Terribly overrated. Never again. Our crab dish was drenched in salt and sauce, boiling hot and served in a ridiculous dish difficult to serve from. Entree spinach salad had no dressing. Could not snag our waiter. We tried two desserts and they were cloyingly sweet. All the food seemed designed to serve people with deadened taste buds. Your chef and kitchen blew it.
- FliesFoodie2014Dined on 10/3/2014Lunch menu is not very impressive. There were flies around our table when the appetizer arrived. They did not go away.