Seasons 52 - San Diego
4505 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Seasons 52 - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: 8584501252
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lucy Cyr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - San Diego
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season! For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Seasons 52 - San Diego - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
Seasons 52 - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
416 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (218)great for lunch (218)special occasion (174)good for groups (150)great for outdoor dining (145)neighborhood gem (137)notable wine list (112)vibrant bar scene (107)romantic (91)hot spot (85)great for brunch (46)kid-friendly (28)late-night find (26)scenic view (1)Show More
- great food uncofotable chairsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014We really enjoyed the food and the service but the chairs were so uncomfortable we don't think we would go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Like the seasonal menu change. Like the fresh ingredients from local farms. Staff is awesome. We love to go there.Special Features:
- Decent for restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My only complaint is that the hostess 'forgot' about us although we were standing near the entrance and arrived a little earlier than our reservation time. It was quite busy, but I was slightly annoyed that a group after us got seated before us. As I mentioned, it was slightly annoying because we had to wait 10 mins to be seated. Our server was wonderful and the food timing was paced well.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014Sami was awesome, she should be a manager. Best service I've ever had! :) Team Sami!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- AmazingMaeGDined on 9/25/2014Awesome service and food! Had the restaurant week special along with the wine flight. Very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better This TimekisfanVIPDined on 9/25/2014The time to go to this restaurant is during the week when it's not so crowded and noisy. Our service with Michelle along with the food was fabulous.
- Excellent, ExcellentFabulousVIPDined on 9/24/2014They seated us at a different table than we requested, however it was just as good and we had the same waiter we think is excellent. His name is Michael...he is the best!!!! He makes our dining experience so delicious...... as always the food was excellent and beautifully presentedSpecial Features:
- Great service, great foodalwayshungryVIPDined on 9/24/2014Here for SD Restaurant Week. Nice presentation of food and very good flavors. Loved the selection of desserts!
- Best family dinner everfamilydinersDined on 9/23/2014We celebrated my granddaughter's 23d birthday. She was very happy! It was a delightful, memorable, experience for all of usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LMO1VIPDined on 9/23/2014Wonderful as always. Déija was a very good server.Special Features:
- Business DinnerWinstonDined on 9/23/2014The service was excellent and a no rush policy went into effect . They split many things for us in the back and gave great suggestions . Would come back again ... but get reservations .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menueo11Dined on 9/23/2014Menu is fantastic. Desserts are really good. Main room is somewhat noisy. The back room is much better in terms of noise and lighting. Good for groups, but you almost always need a resrvation here during lunch.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceNickDined on 9/22/2014Went to Seasons 52 for the first time after hearing about it for a while. Their deal is basically fresh, locally sourced food made into low calorie selections. Overall, the food was really good and the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Business lunchLauraDDined on 9/22/2014First time at Seasons 52 and was very impressed. Waitress was very conscious of us working and very accommodating. Only issue was the beef chili soup that one person ordered had almost no beef in it.Special Features:
- definitely on my listLennyDined on 9/21/2014Service impeccable, food gourmet, setting outstand, Guests interesting, place to return to (besides being in the neighborhood), guests interesting, all adding up to an extraordinary evening. Lenorekaplan@gmail.comSpecial Features:
- Great food, great ambience!KiwisDined on 9/21/2014We have dined at two Seasons 52 in La Jolla and in Santa Monica and both experiences at these restaurants were amazing! We loved the food and the service is superb. Really enjoyed the courtyard dining in La Jolla at night - just lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasty foodDarcyDined on 9/21/2014We had and loved the flatbread, cedar planked salmon and the small desserts- really tasty food. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- A new favoriteCarolDined on 9/21/2014We went to Seasons 52 during Restaurant Week and were very pleasantly surprised, everything about the restaurant was excellent. We both had the blackened steak and blue cheese flatbread as an appetizer and the filet mignon as our entree. They were both wonderful. We were each given the choice of two mini desserts and they were all delicious. For Restaurant Week they offer a red or white wine flight of three wines for $10. After you decide which one you like best you get a full glass of that wine. Quite a deal! The only thing that was just okay was the spinach salad but everything else was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow service.WIneLoverDined on 9/19/2014Food was very good, especially the roasted mushroom flatbread. Service at 7:00 pm on a Friday was very slow, likely a result of the waining happy hour crowd.Special Features:
- Love Seasons 52HealthnutDined on 9/19/2014Healthy, delicious, happening atmosphere, & good service. They accommodate my gluten & dairy allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food and Great ServicePolishkidsDined on 9/19/2014The entrees we had (trout and salmon) were wonderful -- both pieces of fish and the accompanying vegetables were cooked perfectly. The appetizer (shrimp scampi) was very good but could have been outstanding if: the bread was not soaked into the sauce already; there were more tomatoes; the shrimp had not been a bit overcooked. The sauce was superb but there wasn't enough of it. Whoever thought of the mouthful desserts is a genius. They are scrumptious and "just enough" to satisfy that ever-present sweet tooth!Special Features:
- Great Food and Ambiance.PapergirlDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful food and ambiance. The only caveat is the parking on a Friday night...difficult so allow extra time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Welcome Addition to a mallSammmomDined on 9/19/2014Seasons 52 has beautifully served delicious food. Not cheap but worth every penny.Special Features:
- SandyDined on 9/18/2014The best feature is the service and friendliness of the staff. They really try to give you a pleasant experience. The noise level is terrible. The bar area is the only place that is tolerable if you have any desire for a relaxing meal, and this is still marginal. The food was good, not great, except for the delightful desserts. I would not eat there again.
- What a great experience!jadeVIPDined on 9/18/2014Once again, Seasons 52 surpassed my expectations! The new seasonal choices are wonderful, the service exemplary.Special Features:
- business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2014The server was pleasant but she was very slow. Left us waiting to order for almost 15 minutes on a business lunch hour. BBQ chicken salad was just okay. There was no BBQ-type salad dressing, and the chicken was plain grilled, so I'm not certain what was BBQ. 2nd disappointing lunch in this restaurant in one week. I still like Seasons 52, but the servers in this location aren't very good, and some of the dishes are either missing ingredients from the menu or just a bit bland.Special Features:
- Great Tasting and Healthy too!KGirlDined on 9/16/2014I have never had a bad meal at Season's 52. Each time I'm amazed at the great taste and the portion size for the amount of calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsMadameDubonnetDined on 9/16/2014We were seated promptly in a large comfortable corner booth and our dinner guest joined us immediately after. We all agreed we probably had the best location in the restaurant and also agreed that the noise level was loud - the live music didn't help. The wine list is very good and the menu offered many great choices. Each of us ordered either a soup or salad with our dinners of quail, salmon, and scallops. This was the first time I have had dinner at Seasons 52 - I have had lunch a few times and the noise level was less. The location at The Headquarters seems to be more quiet - the ceilings aren't so high and echo-y. Overall, an enjoyable experience except for the noise - and I'm not old...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunch in the back room!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2014IF you want a quieter meal at lunch time ask to be seated in the back room that they often close for private parties. IF that is not available try to sit outside. I was lucky this time and the back room was open !! It is amazing that the noise level is sooo different and much calmer than the main dining room!! The food as usual was quite yummy!! My son and I shared a mushroom/goatcheese flat breat. Then we each had another dish. He has the crunchy ahi salad and I had a small lettuce wedge with some crab meat. The service was attentive and we enjoyed our food and visiting time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Consistently excellent food with attentive service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the foodLT33Dined on 9/12/2014We always pick S52 over PF Changs or the other local chain UTC eateries. A fresh inventive menu, great service, cocktails and beer menu is adequate for most any palate.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceTrevetFoodiesDined on 9/12/2014This was an excellent experience, service was attentive and the server was knowledgeable about the menu and made good recommendations. I will definitely be going back for lunch and to try the Sunset at Seasons happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entire Menu under 473 cal. Love!EncinitasBeachBumDined on 9/12/2014Went here for a work lunch to celebrate my birthday and I was pleasantly surprised. The service was great, the food delicious and the portions were generous for being until 473 calories. I had the Cedar Plank Salmon with veggies and it was yummy. We'll go back, definitely!Special Features:
- Wonderful food and servicePaulaDined on 9/11/2014Seasons 52 consistently delivers wonderful food and great service! It is our "go-to" place in San Diego and la Jolla for out of town guests and dining out just ourselves! On this visit, the chef, himself, came to our table to clarify something for my menu choice! That is truly a rarity!! The ambience, food, and service make Seasons52 a great dining destination!Special Features:
- BeverlyDined on 9/10/2014Have been to restaurant many times, and it is always great.Special Features:
- Awesome!DiningAngelDined on 9/10/2014My girlfriends and I celebrated a birthday. We were treated like queens :). Great food, great service, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Autumn MenuDianeDined on 9/10/2014LOVED the new selections!! Plan to bring a friend visiting from the U.K. in October :) Visited several times during the summer for the $15 flights and flatbread, love the ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FabulousVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food and the service were excellent as always. We ordered one of their chicken dishes and it came with no greens on the plate and my husband asked "where's the greens?" and they share with him that it came with root vegetables (which were delicious by the way).....and then they came out with a full plate of greens for him! Amazing service!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!TammyDined on 9/6/2014I have been there at least 5 times in the last several months, and each time is even better. My husband and I celebrated our 34th Anniversary there last Saturday night. I reserved my table through Open Table and put down the reason for our visit, our anniversary. We were greeted by our last name, there was an Anniversary card on our table with a candle lit and the employee's wished us a Happy Anniversary. We then received 2 complimentary glasses of champagne, had an excellent dinner w/appetizers and drinks. We also received 2 complimentary desserts, I can't tell you how impressed I am with their service. This was my husband's first time and he was just as impressed, the quality of their service is excellent.Special Features:
- NYfoodieDined on 9/6/2014We love Seasons. We hosted a birthday party there when Mom turned 92 in the Chef's Table. The restaurant never disappoints and was happy to oblige when I asked for a quiet table. Our server, Brandon, was particularly amiable and attentive.Special Features: