Seasons 52 - San Diego
4505 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Seasons 52 - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: (858) 450-1252
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lucy Cyr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - San Diego
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season! For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Seasons 52 - San Diego - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
Seasons 52 - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
436 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (238)great for lunch (208)special occasion (170)good for groups (157)great for outdoor dining (147)neighborhood gem (145)vibrant bar scene (120)notable wine list (114)romantic (93)hot spot (92)great for brunch (30)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (19)scenic view (2)Show More
- Have eaten here several times. Never disappointed!JenninSDDined on 11/19/2014Love this restaurant but can be hard to get a table (best if one plan's ahead and makes a reservations. Food is always delicious and very fresh. Ambiance is great. Moderate noise level so that one is able to have good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visitwendywVIPDined on 11/15/2014We love Seasons 52 and have eaten at a number of them. We were down in San Diego for a family celebration and returned to this location one night for dinner with friends. We were seated almost immediately, the food was excellent-as always, the restaurant was quite crowded so service wasn't as fast as usual (which allowed us more time to spend with our friends,) and still rated highly. Thank you, Renee. We were seated in a room I had never seen before, where it was a lttle quieter than in the main part of the restaurant, which was nice. We are looking forward to another visit-soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/15/2014Seasons 52 was a perfect location for a joint birthday celebration for my wife and her sister. The restaurant accommodated our large group and the service was absolutely outstanding. Many guests were dining at Seasons 52 for the first time and all were impressed with the menu, prices, service, and ambiance. I'm sure many will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- googaaDined on 11/15/2014The service was excellent,they were very accommodating.Food was very good,though the hamburger was too moist.The duck lettuce wraps were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant BUTopentablefanDined on 11/14/2014I love this restaurant--its food and ambiance and wait staff--but they really need to get a handle on taking their patrons with reservations in a timely manner. We had 12:45 pm reservations but arrived early (at noon) and checked in (thank God we did). Per their request, we came back at 12:30. They didn't take us till after 1 pm (It could have been 1:15 or later), and at that time there were others waiting from their 12:30 reservations. (We know because they were clear they were not happy.) That is unconscionable. If you want to have lunch here, best to come at 11:45 or 1:15, or plan on a very long wait. Just sayin'.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeniferDined on 11/13/2014I have eaten at Season's 52 a few times. This time is was terrible and the waiter is even worse.
- Best UTC Mall OptionLaJollaBobDined on 11/13/2014High quality and high value option at Westfield UTC mall. Excellent wine list and appetizers. Seafood is fresh and desserts are very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FifinDined on 11/13/2014I was a regular customer to Season 52. At least come onc a month. Byt the last 2 times I went to Season 52 was dissapointing. Ordered swordfish entree that was dry. Then ordered steak that supposed to be medium to well done but came out still rare. The filet mignon also have a lot of fat. The server asked if i want a replacment, but at that time I was already not in the mood. Should have it done correctly the first time. I do not think I will be going back anytime soon.
- Never disappointsjoanVIPDined on 11/11/2014This is our special place to meet friends. We go on a regular basis and we are never disappointed.Tthe food is great...and reasonably priced. And with all the different servers who have served us at different tables at different times...every single one of them is charming, attentive, fun and excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flank steak needs workJiminVIPDined on 11/11/2014Cut of meat was quite gristly. Otherwise, the meal was fine.
- Trying too hard to be healthyLeendarDined on 11/11/2014Food was okay. If you are already in the mall it's a good choice. They are all about the calorie count and trying to make you feel healthy. Too much salt. No flexibility if you want something not their version of healthy. The service was fabulous (unless you ask for condiments...). I don't need to go back.Special Features:
- best place to meet friends after workSDdinerDined on 11/10/2014Wait staff very helpful and knowledgable about the wine list. Always very friendly and accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu selectionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2014I had lunch and I was impressed with the plate presentation, the calorie count and of course the taste. It has been added to my lunch rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastymimbeckyDined on 11/8/2014The food here is good. Amazing that it is also low cal. Portions aren't huge which is nice. Had the Organic field green salad and the roasted mushroom flatbread. I would order both again.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant with meh fooddeathbysushiDined on 11/7/2014Took my girlfriend here as her first place in San Diego. Very nice location and beautiful restaurant on the inside. We were in the mood for a salad and they were just alright. Seems like they took a bag of mixed greens, tossed on some dressing, and slapped on a price tag. Nothing really wow about them, could have been better. Service was good, waitress was very nice. The glass shooter dessert was good, would have been better if they had french press coffee. Overall, a romantic spot if you aren't terribly concerned with 4 star food. You'll pay for it though.Special Features:
- LunchscotcatVIPDined on 11/7/2014Food excellent as always. Annoying that you must have 50 characters of review before I can submit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeDoodlesDined on 11/6/2014Wonderful healthy dining....our server Yvette was the best. We were celebrating a birthday and it was very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expect excellence......ExemplaryDined on 11/6/2014and you won't be disappointed. I've dined at Seasons many times, and try to choose new entrees each time. I've been thrilled each and every time. Don't skip the little deserts - afterall, how many calories can really be in 'shot size' mousse?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2014Healthy! Tasty! Wonderful menu selection! I had the trout, which was excellently prepared. This restaurant has a lot of tables, including a patio. The fact that there was nearly an hour wait on Wed evening is testament to how good and popular this place is (luckily I made reservations for my party of 5 several weeks in advance). Have been here for lunch as well - love their tacos and flatbreads.Special Features:
- Great food for calorie watchersSanDiegokenDined on 11/4/2014Really excellent restaurant with extensive menu and no dish over 475 calories - not sure how they do it! Had a mushroom flatbread and my wife had scallops. Both were very good. It was jam-packed and pretty noisy, but not to the point of distraction. Service was fast.Special Features:
- Always a great season to go.MmmFoodDined on 11/4/2014Seasons 52 is always a great experience. If you make reservations they call the day before to make sure you are still coming. The wait staff have always been super friendly and attentive and the food is delicious. I would go to Seasons 52 every couple weeks if I had someone to go with just to try the new menu items each season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant at UTCScottyVIPDined on 11/3/2014By far the best restaurant in UTC (Westfield mall). Way better than any other mall-based place I've eaten.Special Features:
- Great Service Food @ FunsdmargoVIPDined on 11/3/2014Lynn, our server, really went the extra mile to make my birthday extra special ! THANKS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent healthful foodRSFTravelerVIPDined on 11/3/2014I like Seasons 52 for what they try to accomplish... fresh, healthful food with minimal calories. There is a nice variety of dishes and they rotate them as seasonal offerings change at the market. There's nothing amazing here. The flat breads are good and they offer a nice selection of different toppings. The salads are pretty awful. The entrees are okay. It's decent healthful food. Not great, but good for you.
- Very disappointedluv2eatVIPDined on 11/2/2014All of us thought the food was very disappointing and lacked flavor. We had to ask for everything including water, rarely saw the server, and the meal took forever. Needless to say it was not the experience we sought.
- Go-its VERY good!FatDumbnHappyinSDDined on 11/1/2014Our first visit to the UTC location (have dined at Headquarters) did not disappoint. Delicious food, great service, comfortable atmosphere make this establishment a real "winner"Special Features:
- Seasons 52 Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/31/2014Perfect restaurant for a pre movie night out or stroll around the mall afterwards. Food and menue are outstanding lots of choices for everyone and don't let the "less than 300 calories per item" thing scare you it's delicious and won't leave you feeling full like so many other restaurants do. Try to the cedar plank salmon and the brussle sprouts. Flat breads are to die for as well as the salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbaraDined on 10/31/2014it is a small thing but the latte is never hot and that is a shame as the desserts are so niceSpecial Features:
- Dissapointeddamoses21VIPDined on 10/30/2014For a long time I have heard good things about Seasons 52 so was excited to try. They were out of the wine that was recommended so we chose a different one which was twice as expensive and tasted like vinegar. The margarita flat bread which they claim is their specialty was nothing special, it was burnt and falling off the plate and pretty bland. I had the ahi tuna salad, way too sweet, sweet dressing and pineapple and the tuna had no flavor, was hoping for some spices or crust around it. My husband had the flat iron steak entrée, there was about 3 small pieces of meat, a tiny scoop of mashed potatoes and the same boring roasted tomato that was on the flat bread. Will not go back.
- CathieVIPDined on 10/27/2014I love the small sized desserts! They allow you to indulge in a little fat & calories without the guilt! Thank you!Special Features:
- Seasons 52 La Jolla UTCDominique55VIPDined on 10/27/2014We opted to eat lunch outside, but until we were seated, we were unaware that they were painting & working on the construction in the outside patio area. It would have been nice to have been informed before we were seated so that we would have had a legitimate choice about eating indoors or outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysJonasVIPDined on 10/26/2014Great food. The portion is a bit small but on the up side u won't feel super full.Special Features:
- Date NightLouleeDined on 10/25/2014I just went here with my boyfriend because we had a coupon and wanted to try something outside of our neighborhood. We went on a Saturday night so the place was packed and it was very loud inside. We sat outside which was much more quiet and comfortable with the heat lamps. The service was excellent. My only complaint was the food. It just wasn't that great.... it wasn't bad per se, just not anything to write home about. The food didn't seem like it was freshly made, almost like it had been sitting in a fridge or something. My salad with salmon was pretty good but the appetizers and desserts were not. I like the idea of how they bring out a bunch of different little dessert cups, but they did not seem fresh.Special Features:
- Excellent!FabulousVIPDined on 10/25/2014Thank you for always providing us with excellent service with Michael and the food as always is excellent.Special Features:
- LaJollaBobDined on 10/25/2014Appetizers like goat cheese ravioli and seafood entrees like sea scallops and trout were excellent. Service was exemplary, especially for a busy Saturday night. Excellent choices in glass of wine. The Greg Norman chardonnay was smooth and very good.Special Features:
- Flights and FlatbreadsFoodieCassisVIPDined on 10/25/2014We get back to Seasons 52 as often as we can for the Flights and Flatbreads - three samplers of wine, the flatbread of your choice, and then a full pour of you favorite wine. At $15, it is an incredible value, and just the right amount of food for folks who don't want to overeat.Special Features:
- fun placeloriDined on 10/24/2014always busy. food is good, not awesome but consistently good. the service this time was really well. the guys are kind of pushy, our server was great. still upselling but in a more low key kind of way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment...SeafoodFanDined on 10/24/2014Seasons52 was always our go-to spot for good food that's good for you (no dish surpasses 475 calories per serving). However...on our last (and what would be our final) visit on 10.24.14, the experience was infinitely disappointing. While the service was prompt and courteous and the cocktails were great, the dining experience was lacking. The lobster flat bread was saughy, cold, and the tiny lobster bits were few. The tuna tartare was 90% avocado and mango salsa, 10% huge chunks of unseasoned tuna. And while I do recommend the quail as a main course, the caramelized scallops were flavorless, dry (as in they sat under a heat lamp) and the risotto tasted like stale rice pudding. Needless to say, it was sent back. Courtesy of a new chef??? :(
- lovingfoodVIPDined on 10/24/2014We have eaten here before - the food is always consistently excellent and this meal was no exception. The waiter Jason was outstanding and made the experience that much more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Excellent, great business lunchEvodineDined on 10/21/2014Went here for a business lunch and was very pleased. Service was very good, atmosphere was nice but not overdone. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the fresh selection of menu choices. Only minor complaint would be that I got to the restaurant about 5 minutes before my reservation and requested patio seating. The host said that would be fine. We waited a for the rest of the party to arrive and were then show to an inside table. It was a nice table, but it is a little dark inside. Not bad, but would have liked a little more light. Overall great experience and will go back.I would recommend this to a friend.